KEY LIME PIE
- For the graham cracker crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Break up the graham crackers; place in a food processor and process to crumbs. If you don't have a food processor, place the crackers in a large plastic bag; seal and then crush the crackers with a rolling pin. Add the melted butter and sugar and pulse or stir until combined. Press the mixture into the bottom and side of a pie pan, forming a neat border around the edge. Bake the crust until set and golden, 8 minutes. Set aside on a wire rack; leave the oven on.
- For the filling: Meanwhile, in an electric mixer with the wire whisk attachment, beat the egg yolks and lime zest at high speed until very fluffy, about 5 minutes. Gradually add the condensed milk and continue to beat until thick, 3 or 4 minutes longer. Lower the mixer speed and slowly add the lime juice, mixing just until combined, no longer. Pour the mixture into the crust. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the filling has just set. Cool on a wire rack, then refrigerate. Freeze for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
- For the topping: Whip the cream and the confectioners' sugar until nearly stiff. Cut the pie into wedges and serve very cold, topping each wedge with a large dollop of whipped cream.
CLASSIC KEY LIME PIE
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Add melted butter and stir until evenly moistened. Press mixture into bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate to form crust. Bake 10 minutes or until crust begins to brown. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack.
- Whisk sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and sour cream in large bowl until blended. Stir in lime peel. Pour filling into crust. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until tiny bubbles begin to form on surface of pie. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Beat cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in large mixing bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until stiff. Top pie with whipped cream. Chill at least 1 hour before serving. Best served the same day.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 730.8 calories, Carbohydrate 51.6 g, Cholesterol 99.1 mg, Fat 32.1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 6.1 g, SaturatedFat 19.9 g, Sodium 287.4 mg, Sugar 42.9 g
EASY KEY LIME PIE
Each bite of our Easy Key Lime Pie is more refreshing than the last. With a graham cracker crust, tangy filling and sweet whipped topping, it's hard to pass up seconds. Our Easy Key Lime Pie is so delicious and so easy. You've got what it takes to make this whipped topping Key lime pie unforgettable. Psst, don't sweat it if Key limes aren't available in your local store. Check out our Expert Tips for a swap that works just as well!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Press in bottom and up side of 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown; cool.
- In large bowl, beat milk and lime juice with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and thickened. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into cooled pie crust.
- Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until set. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400, Carbohydrate 52 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Fat 3 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 210 mg, Sugar 42 g, TransFat 1 g
KEY LIME PIE
This recipe is modified from the classic one found on many condensed milk and Key lime juice labels; we've added additional lime juice for more tartness.
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Make crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a bowl with a fork until combined well, then press mixture evenly onto bottom and up side of a 9-inch (4-cup) glass pie plate.
- Bake crust in middle of oven 10 minutes and cool in pie plate on a rack. Leave oven on.
- Make filling and bake pie:
- Whisk together condensed milk and yolks in a bowl until combined well. Add juice and whisk until combined well (mixture will thicken slightly).
- Pour filling into crust and bake in middle of oven 15 minutes. Cool pie completely on rack (filling will set as it cools), then chill, covered, at least 8 hours.
- Make topping:
- Just before serving, beat cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until it just holds stiff peaks. Serve pie topped with cream.
- *Available at Manhattan Key Lime (212-696-5378).
TRADITIONAL KEY LIME PIE
I have been making this pie for many years. Every time that I serve it, people say "this is what a key lime pie is supposed to taste like". And they are right. I have tried those pie recipes using cream cheese or cool whip, but they are not authentic key lime pies. If you want the "real deal", this is it.
Provided by The Big Cheese
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Beat egg yolks.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice and rind.
- In a small bowl, stiffly beat 1 egg white.
- Fold into pie mixture.
- Turn into baked pie shell.
- Beat the three reserved egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff but not dry.
- Spread meringue on top of pie, sealing carefully to the edge of the pie shell.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350° or until meringue is golden brown.
- Cool in refrigerator at least 6 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 308.8, Fat 11.1, SaturatedFat 4.9, Cholesterol 109.9, Sodium 170, Carbohydrate 45.4, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 36.3, Protein 8.1
KEY LIME PIE
You don't need to travel to the southernmost point of Florida to enjoy a slice of this tart pie. Learn how to make your own key lime pie at home, complete with a graham cracker crust, with this master recipe.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 1 pie
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine graham-cracker crumbs, butter, and 3 tablespoons sugar in a medium bowl; mix well. Press into a 9-inch pie plate, and bake until lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven, and transfer to a wire rack until completely cooled.
- Lower oven to 325 degrees. In a medium bowl, gently whisk together condensed milk, egg yolks, Key lime juice, and zest. Pour into the prepared, cooled crust.
- Return pie to oven, and bake until the center is set but still quivers when the pan is nudged, 15 to 17 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Shortly before serving, combine cream and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Whisk on medium speed until soft peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon over cooled pie; garnish with zest. Serve immediately.
KEY LIME PIE
Lime, cream and a buttery biscuit base - this zesty oven-baked treat makes a refreshing and indulgent end to a meal
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Dinner
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3.
- Whizz 300g Hob Nobs to crumbs in a food processor (or put in a strong plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin).
- Mix with 150g melted butter and press into the base and up the sides of a 22cm loose-based tart tin. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Put 3 medium egg yolks in a large bowl and whisk for a minute with electric beaters.
- Add a can of condensed milk and whisk for 3 minutes, then add the finely grated zest and juice of 4 limes and whisk again for 3 minutes.
- Pour the filling into the cooled base then put back in the oven for 15 minutes. Cool then chill for at least 3 hours or overnight if you like. When you are ready to serve, carefully remove the pie from the tin and put on a serving plate.
- To decorate, softly whip together 300ml double cream and 1 tbsp icing sugar.
- Dollop or pipe the cream onto the top of the pie and finish with extra lime zest.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 695 calories, Fat 50.8 grams fat, SaturatedFat 27.8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 51 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 37.4 grams sugar, Fiber 2.1 grams fiber, Protein 8.8 grams protein, Sodium 0.8 milligram of sodium
More about "key lime pie recipes"
BEST-EVER KEY LIME PIE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Category DessertsCalories 481 per servingTotal Time 45 mins
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter; stir with a fork first, and then your hands until the mixture is well combined. Using your fingers and the bottom of a glass or dry measuring cup, press the crumbs firmly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 x 1.5-inch pie pan. The crust should be about ¼-inch thick. (Tip: do the sides first.)
KEY LIME PIE : LIME PIE (RECIPE) | TOP 10 - YOUTUBE
KEY LIME PIE | GET CRACKING - EGGS
KEY LIME PIE RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - OH SWEET BASIL
EASY KEY LIME PIE RECIPE | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
KEY LIME PIE (THE BEST) | RICARDO
KEY LIME PIE | RICARDO
EASY KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE – THE BEST AUTHENTIC FLORIDA KEY LIME PIE …
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
THE BEST KEY LIME PIE RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
OUR EASIEST, NO-BAKE KEY LIME PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE BEST KEY LIME PIE - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
KEY LIME PIE | FRUIT RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER
EASY KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
KEY LIME PIE - WHOLESOME FARMHOUSE RECIPES
EAGLE BRAND® | KEY LIME PIE
AUTHENTIC FLORIDA KEY LIME PIE RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST KEY LIME PIE EVEN BETTER | EPICURIOUS
TASTE OF THE SOUTH: KEY LIME PIE RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
20 KEY LIME DESSERTS THAT GO BEYOND PIE - INSANELY GOOD
DEEP DISH KEY LIME PIE - BAKER BY NATURE
AN AWARD WINNING KEY LIME PIE RECIPE • THE FRESH COOKY
BEST KETO KEY LIME PIE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
ANDREW ZIMMERN COOKS: WORLD'S BEST KEY LIME PIE - ANDREW …
AUTHENTIC KEY LIME PIE: AN EASY RECIPE YOU’LL LOVE!
FROZEN KEY LIME PIE - NO PLATE LIKE HOME
HOW TO MAKE EASY KEY LIME PIE IN JUST 10 MINUTES
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - SOUFFLE BOMBAY
KEY LIME PIE - IMMACULATE BITES
BEST CLASSIC KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
BEST KEY LIME PIE MOUSSE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE KEY LIME PIE …
COPYCAT CRUMBL KEY LIME PIE COOKIES - PRACTICALLY HOMEMADE
EASY KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
CLASSIC KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - TODAY.COM
BEST KEY LIME PIE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
KEY LIME CHIFFON PIE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CLASSIC KEY LIME PIE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE (& VIDEO!) - AWARD WINNING KEY LIME PIE RECIPE
KEY LIME PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #pies-and-tarts #desserts #fruit #oven #pies #dietary #citrus #lime #equipment
You'll also love