Put these babies on your next Mexican menu. You won't be disappointed. Cook time does not include browning the beef.
Provided by keen5
Yield 20 Empanadas
Number Of Ingredients 9
- To make beef filling, crumble and saute beef and onion in a skillet until beef is cooked and onion is soft.
- Drain; stir in red chile salsa, chile powder, cumin, garlic powder, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Place thawed patty shell dough on a floured board and roll out all in one piece to about 1/16 inch thickness.
- Cut dough into rounds with a 3 inch round cookie cutter or a large drinking glass.
- Put 2 teaspoons of filling on each dough circle.
- Fold each over into a half circle.
- Moisten edges with water and press edges together with a fork.
- Place empanadas slightly apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Prick tops with a fork.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown; serve hot.
- These may be wrapped carefully after baking and frozen.
- To reheat, bake frozen empanadas uncovered at 400 degrees for 5 to 8 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 64.4, Fat 1.8, SaturatedFat 0.6, Cholesterol 7.4, Sodium 96.4, Carbohydrate 8, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 1.1, Protein 3.8
- For the empanada dough: Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Cut in the lard with a pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and then whisk in the stock. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and knead until a dough forms. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the empanada filling: In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and garlic salt and cook until the beef is cooked completely. Drain the grease and set the beef aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the tomato paste, vinegar, cumin, chili powder, oregano, seasoned salt, garlic, bell peppers and onions. Cook until softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the beef and let them love each other with fire over low heat for about 5 more minutes. The mixture should be moist but not dripping wet. Now you are ready to fill the empanadas.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thick. Cut out 4-, 5- or 6-inch rounds, depending on how large you prefer. Add some meat filling to each empanada and fold the dough over in half to enclose the filling. Use a fork to press and seal the edges closed. You can refrigerate the uncooked empanadas for up to 3 hours.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees F. Fry the empanadas until golden brown, 6 to 7 minutes.
- For the aioli dip: Mix together the mayonnaise, adobo sauce and lime juice. (The flavor will enhance if it sits in the refrigerator.)
MINI CHICKEN EMPANADAS
Refrigerated pie crust makes quick work of assembling these bite-sized appetizers loaded with chicken and cheese. I've made them several times since receiving the recipe from a friend. -Betty Fulks, Onia, Arkansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. On a lightly floured surface, roll each pie crust into a 15-inch circle. Cut with a floured 3-in. round biscuit cutter., Place about 1 teaspoon filling on 1 half of each circle. Moisten edges with water. Fold pie crust over filling. Press edges with a fork to seal., Transfer to greased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 81 calories, Fat 5g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 108mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "empanadas appetizer recipes"
OUR BEST EMPANADA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Author Hayley Sugg
EMPANADA APPETIZER RECIPES - CDKITCHEN
APPETIZER RECIPE: EMPANADAS WITH CORN - KITCHN
BAKED CHICKEN EMPANADAS RECIPE - EASY APPETIZERS
QUICK + EASY EMPANADA RECIPES - PILLSBURY.COM
10 BEST EMPANADA APPETIZERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
MEXICAN CHICKEN EMPANADAS WITH VIDEO ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
EASY CHEESESTEAK EMPANADAS RECIPE PHILLY STYLE - BAKED
CARAMELIZED ONION EMPANADAS (CHILEAN PEQUENES) - SKINNYTASTE
9 EMPANADAS RECIPE IDEAS | TASTE OF HOME
10 BEST EMPANADA APPETIZERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
9 OF THE MOST TASTY EMPANADA RECIPES EVER - LIFE AS MAMA
EASY BEEF EMPANADAS RECIPE (BAKED) - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
BEEF EMPANADAS (BAKED) + VIDEO - KEVIN IS COOKING
WHAT TO SERVE WITH EMPANADAS (15 EASY IDEAS) - INSANELY …
SPANISH EMPANADAS (BEEF TURNOVERS) - SAVORY THOUGHTS
EMPANADAS: THE CLASSIC LATIN APPETIZER | GOYA FOODS
MINI TACO EMPANADAS RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
HOW TO MAKE EMPANADAS - PILLSBURY.COM
COLOMBIAN EMPANADAS - DELISH D'LITES
30+ EMPANADAS RECIPES TO TRY IN 2022
FLAKY BEEF EMPANADAS - TAKE TWO TAPAS
EMPANADAS | RICARDO
ARGENTINE EMPANADAS - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
12 SWEET AND SAVORY EMPANADA RECIPES
CRISPY BEEF EMPANADAS - AFRICAN FOOD NETWORK EMPANADAS
TASTY EMPANADAS: 5 RECIPES TO MAKE NOW & FREEZE FOR LATER
EMPANADA APPETIZER RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
EMPANADAS: THE FAVORITE LATIN SNACK | GOYA FOODS
HOMEMADE MEXICAN EMPANADAS WITH BEEF - CREME DE LA CRUMB
QUICK EMPANADAS WITH SEASONED PORK AND CHEESE RECIPE
EASY APPETIZER RECIPE: MINI EMPANADAS - STEP TO HEALTH
EMPANADAS | MCCORMICK GOURMET
EMPANADA APPETIZERS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
ECUADORIAN FRIED CHEESE EMPANADAS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY BEEF EMPANADAS | A FUN APPETIZER OR DINNER RECIPE
35+ BEST SUMMER APPETIZERS | LIL' LUNA
CHEESEBURGER EMPANADAS RECIPE
BEST CHEESY BEEF EMPANADAS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHEESY BEEF …
TACO EMPANADAS (MEXICAN HAND PIES) - TAKE TWO TAPAS
EASY BEEF EMPANADAS - A FOOD LOVER'S KITCHEN
EASY BEEF EMPANADAS RECIPE - STAY SNATCHED
EMPANADAS DE QUESO + VIDEO | MAMá MAGGIE'S KITCHEN
EMPANADA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
DOLE® Pineapple Empanadas | Appetizers | Simple Recipes15K views-01:07
Here's Why Empanadas Are The Best Appetizer Ever! (Cheesy Beef & Buffalo Chicken Empanada Recipes)34K views-09:10
How To Make Empanadas | Empanadas Recipe | Beef Patties | Meat Pies | Appetizer Ideas1.9K views-04:33
Chicken & Cheese Empanadas6.9K views-03:33
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can you make empanadas at home?In fact, you can easily make empanadas at home thanks to this kitchen-tested recipe that starts with Pillsbury pie crust. Step 1: Heat oven to 400°F. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in chili powder, salt and tomatoes. Remove from heat.
What are some sweet and savory empanadas?We have a dozen of sweet and savory empanada recipes you need to try! 1. Blueberry Goat Cheese Empanadas Spoil your sweet tooth with these incredibly sweet empanadas stuffed with creamy goat cheese and fresh blueberries. Who would have thought blueberries pair with goat cheese will make a delicious and sweet empanada filling? 2. Taco Empanadas
How do you make an empanada sauce?Empanada Filling: 2 tablespoons olive oil. 1 pound ground beef. 1 tablespoon garlic salt. 2 tablespoons tomato paste. 2 tablespoons vinegar. 2 teaspoons ground cumin. 1 teaspoon chili powder. 1 teaspoon dried oregano.
What do you put in chicken empanadas?An unusual adaption of empanadas, hearty mushrooms and creamy goat cheese make up the filling in this recipe. A delicious way to use up leftover chicken, these tender empanadas also contain green onions, garlic, and spices for a burst of flavor.