MIDDLE EASTERN FRESH FAVA BEAN SALAD
Middle Eastern Fresh Fava Bean Salad
Provided by BHG Test Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Shell fresh fava beans (remove outer pods). You should have about 2 cups. In a medium saucepan cook shelled beans, uncovered, in enough boiling water to cover for 1 minute; drain. Transfer to cold water; drain. To remove outer skin, peel it back with your thumbnail and pop out the bean.
- In a medium saucepan cook beans, uncovered, in boiling water about 10 minutes or until tender; drain. Let cool.
- In a large bowl whisk together oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic. Stir in cooled beans, cucumber, tomato, and parsley. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Divide bean mixture among 6 salad plates. Top each serving with feta cheese and capers. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185 kcal, Carbohydrate 18 g, Cholesterol 8 mg, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 578 mg, Fat 9 g, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
EASY FAVA BEAN SALAD
- Mash fava beans in a bowl using the back of a spoon or pestle. Add onion, tomato, lemon juice, parsley, olive oil, salt, and garlic; mix well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273.9 calories, Carbohydrate 41.2 g, Fat 7.7 g, Fiber 9.6 g, Protein 10.8 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 3043 mg, Sugar 4 g
FAVA BEAN FENNEL SALAD WITH PARMESAN
- Shell the fava beans outer pod: Fava beans need to be shelled twice, first before cooking to remove the outer pod, then after cooking, to remove the tough membrane around the bean. To remove the outer pod, work over a large bowl and squeeze the bean with your fingers, bending the pod so that when it snaps, the bean inside shoots out into the bowl. Remove all the beans from their pods.
- Boil the beans: Add the beans to 2 quarts of boiling, salted water. Simmer the beans for a few minutes, until just tender.
WARM FAVA BEAN & PEA SALAD
This is a springtime staple in my house; my mom has been making it forever. I know that when the favas are at the market I can always find this refreshing and tasty salad in her fridge! If fresh favas or peas are not available, frozen is fine - but if you use frozen favas, be sure to take off the tough outer skin. -Francesca Ferenczi, New York, New York.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- For fresh fava beans, add beans to a large pot of boiling water; return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until tender, 4-5 minutes. Using a strainer, remove beans to a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain cooled beans; squeeze gently to remove skins. (If using frozen fava beans, prepare according to package directions.), For fresh peas, add peas to boiling water; return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, just until tender, 2-4 minutes. Drain well; place in a large bowl. (If using frozen peas, cook according to package directions.), In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add pancetta; cook and stir until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels, reserving drippings., In same pan, heat remaining oil and reserved drippings over medium heat. Add shallots; cook and stir until tender and lightly browned, 5-6 minutes. Stir in fava beans and heat through. Add to peas; stir in salt, pepper and pancetta. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 282mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (35g sugars, Fiber 8g fiber), Protein 10g protein.
LEBANESE BEAN SALAD
- Mix fava beans, chickpeas, white beans, parsley, olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice together in a bowl. Season with kosher salt and black pepper. Chill and marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312.1 calories, Carbohydrate 44.7 g, Fat 9.3 g, Fiber 10 g, Protein 13.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 417.5 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
FAVA BEAN SALAD
Each of this dish's main ingredients is delicious when eaten all by itself. But together, accented by lemon, mint, and almonds, they make an especially memorable and satisfying salad.This recipe was featured on Martha Stewart Living Television.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread almonds on a small baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and fragrant, about 8 minutes. Let stand until cool. Very coarsely chop; set aside.
- Heat broiler. Arrange bread on baking sheet. Brush lightly with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil until just beginning to brown on the edges, about 1 minute per side. Remove from broiler; set aside.
- Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add fava beans, and blanch for 2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to ice bath until cool. Pop out of skin.
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Add almonds, fava beans, cheese, and mint. Stir to combine. Taste, and adjust for seasoning.
- Place a pile of fennel on each of four plates, top with one quarter of the fava-bean salad. Serve with 3 slices of toast.
FAVA BEAN AND PECORINO SALAD
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil over medium heat. Set a bowl of salted ice water on the counter. Blanch the fava beans in the boiling water and plunge immediately into the salted ice water. Remove the tough outer casing from the fava bean.
- Combine the fava beans in a large bowl with the onions, escarole, and the pecorino (reserve a couple shavings for garnish). Add some red wine vinegar, some olive oil and salt, to taste. Toss to coat the salad with the dressing.
- Arrange the salad on serving plates and top with the reserved shaved cheese.
- Springtime on a plate!!!!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 224 calorie, Fat 14 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Cholesterol 22 milligrams, Sodium 550 milligrams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fiber 4.5 grams, Protein 14 grams, Sugar 5 grams
FAVA BEAN SALAD WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE AND SHAVED MANCHEGO CHEESE
- Fill a bowl with ice and water. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fava beans and cook until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and shock in ice water. Drain again and remove outer skins. Place the beans in a medium serving bowl. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, garlic and olive oil and whisk until blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the mixture over the beans and mix well. Add the cheese, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329 calorie, Fat 25 grams, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Cholesterol 19 milligrams, Sodium 416 milligrams, Carbohydrate 15 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 14 grams, Sugar 7 grams
PEA, ASPARAGUS, AND FAVA BEAN SALAD
- Whisk olive oil, Pecorino, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a medium bowl to blend. Season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired. Set dressing aside.
- If using fresh fava beans, cook in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a colander set in a bowl of ice water (do not cook frozen beans). Drain and peel; place in a large bowl.
- Return water in saucepan to a boil; add asparagus and cook until just tender, about 4 minutes. Using tongs, transfer to colander in ice water.
- If using fresh peas, return water in saucepan to a boil; add peas and cook until tender, about 3 minutes (do not cook frozen peas). Drain; transfer to colander in ice water. Drain vegetables. Add to bowl with fava beans.
- Combine vegetable oil and shallot in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until shallot is golden brown and crisp, 10-12 minutes. Transfer shallot to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add dressing to bowl with vegetables, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Transfer salad to a serving platter and top with shallot and bacon.
- DO AHEAD: Dressing and vegetables can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately and chill.
FAVA BEAN SALAD
- Toss all ingredients and marinate overnight at room temperature or for 2 days in the refrigerator
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 730, UnsaturatedFat 17 grams, Carbohydrate 102 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 43 grams, Protein 55 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 1384 milligrams, Sugar 51 grams, TransFat 0 grams
FAVA BEAN AND CABBAGE SALAD
Had a vegetable craving this morning and mixed what I had in a bowl and out this salad came. It is so good and healthy too I just had to share it.
Provided by Tara1183
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 2-3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix together beans and chopped vegetables.
- season with pepper and garlic salt.
- add vinegar and oil.
- mix together well.
- Let marinate for minimum of 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 462.9, Fat 21.5, SaturatedFat 2.9, Sodium 41.8, Carbohydrate 53.2, Fiber 14.3, Sugar 11.7, Protein 17.6
MOROCCAN BROAD (FAVA) BEAN SALAD
- bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Meanwhile pod the beans, put beans into boiling water and boil for 2 mins.
- drain and refresh under cold running water.
- slip off and discard the outer skin of the bean.
- put beans into heavy pan with the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and paprika, cook gently over low heat for about 10 mins.
- season to taste with salt and pepper and leave to cool in the pan.
- tip beans into a serving bowl, scraping in all the juices from the pan, toss in the preserved lemon, coriander and olives.
HEARTH'S FAVA-BEAN SALAD
- To prepare the fava beans, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Shell the beans and parboil for 30 to 40 seconds. Plunge the favas into ice water to stop the cooking. Pop each bean out of its outer skin by pinching with thumb and forefinger; you may have to slit the outer skin with a knife if the beans are mature. (You should have about 4 cups.)
- In a bowl, combine the favas with the onions. Season lightly with salt and generously with pepper. Douse with olive oil. If serving this later, add the remaining ingredients just before serving. If serving immediately, fold in the cheese, oregano, pepper, parsley, white wine and vinegar. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve with crusty bread. Be sure to spoon on extra oil for soaking up with the bread.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 502, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 57 grams, Fat 20 grams, Fiber 23 grams, Protein 39 grams, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Sodium 863 milligrams, Sugar 29 grams
FAVA BEAN, ASPARAGUS, AND ARUGULA SALAD WITH SHAVED PECORINO
- Cut asparagus stalks on a long diagonal into 1/8-inch-thick slices, leaving 1-inch-long tips (reserve tips separately).
- Blanch asparagus tips (but not sliced stalks) in a 4-quart pot of boiling salted water 2 minutes, then immediately transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking.
- Return water to a boil and blanch fava beans 1 minute, then immediately transfer with slotted spoon to ice water to stop cooking. Drain asparagus tips and beans and gently peel skins from beans (it's not necessary to peel edamame, if using).
- Toss beans and asparagus (blanched tips and raw sliced stalks) in a bowl with 1 tablespoon oil and salt and pepper to taste, then divide among 4 plates. Toss arugula with remaining tablespoon oil and salt and pepper to taste and mound on top of vegetables. Shave thin slices of cheese over salad with a vegetable peeler (use about half of piece), then drizzle with vinegar.
More about "fava bean salad recipes"
FAVA BEAN AND ASPARAGUS SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
15 FAVA BEAN RECIPES YOU NEED TO TRY THIS SPRING
PEA, ASPARAGUS, AND FAVA BEAN SALAD RECIPE | BON …
FAVA BEAN SALAD WITH HONEY VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
10 BEST CANNED FAVA BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
FAVA BEAN BEET SALAD RECIPE | GOOD. FOOD. STORIES.
RECIPE FOR GREEK STYLE FAVA BEAN SALAD - GREEK BOSTON
FUL MEDAMES, SYRIAN STYLE (ARABIC BEAN SALAD) [VEGAN, …
FAVA BEAN SALAD RECIPE - JODY WILLIAMS | FOOD & WINE
Servings 4Total Time 45 mins
17 CHEFS ON THEIR FAVORITE WAYS TO COOK FAVA BEANS - FOOD & WINE
FAVA BEAN SALAD – RECIPES FOR THE COOK
FAVA BEAN SALAD WITH FENNEL AND RADISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FAVA BEAN SALAD - LOMPOC BEANS
FAVA BEAN AND HERB SALAD WITH TOUM RECIPE - TODAY
FAVA BEAN SALAD WITH ROASTED-GARLIC VINAIGRETTE | RECIPES.NET
SHARING SOME OF OUR FAVORITE BROADBEAN SALAD RECIPES
FRESH FAVA BEAN AND PARMESAN SALAD - JUST A LITTLE BIT OF BACON
FAVA BEAN SALAD WITH FETA AND AVOCADO - THE CLEVER MEAL
FAVA BEAN SALAD - BEANS
FAVA BEAN SALAD - GOODY KITCHEN | SIMPLE AND EASY RECIPES
FRESH CORN AND FAVA BEAN SALAD - JUST A LITTLE BIT OF BACON
[RECIPE] FAVA BEANS AND BACON SALAD - DOMINICAN COOKING
FAVA BEAN SALAD - MAMA LIKES TO COOK
FOOL (OR FüL) MEDAMMES FAVA BEAN SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FAVA BEAN SALAD - FORKS OVER KNIVES
FAVA BEANS AND CHICKPEAS SALAD – I LOVE ARABIC FOOD
20 BEST FAVA BEAN RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
RICE AND FAVA BEAN SALAD WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE
FAVA BEAN-CALAMARI SALAD | METRO
RECIPE: FAVA-BEAN PASTA SALAD WITH GARLIC-SCAPE PESTO
EASY FAVA BEAN AND CARROT SALAD WITH RICOTTA RECIPE
MARINATED FAVA BEANS | FEASTING AT HOME
CHICKPEA AND FAVA BEAN SALAD RECIPE — THE MOM 100
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #low-protein #salads #beans #greek #european #vegetarian #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something
You'll also love