FESTIVE FALL TORTELLINI TOSS
Fall is my favorite season and I love the foods of autumn, such as mushrooms, squash, apples and walnuts. I combined these all with pasta to make a delicious side dish perfect for sharing at a potluck; the recipe can easily be doubled and can be served either warm or at room temperature. -Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, squash and poultry seasoning; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add apple, apple juice concentrate, vinegar and onion; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until squash is tender., Drain tortellini; rinse with cold water and place in a large bowl. Add squash mixture, walnuts, cheese and parsley; toss gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 13mg cholesterol, Sodium 109mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
Serve these marinated tortellinis as an appetizer with party toothpicks. Can also be used for a nice pasta salad lunch in larger size servings ...Optional ingredients: celery chunks, snow peas, artichoke hearts, salami or cheese chunks, green, yellow, or red pepper chunks, thin carrot slices, pearl onions (use your imagination!). Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
Provided by Nancy R.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook tortellini according to package directions--al dente.
- While tortellini is cooking, prepare marinade. Combine vinegar, mustard, garlic, basil, chopped parsley, onions, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain tortellini and rinse in cold water. Pour marinade over tortellini, add olives (and optional ingredients, see above) and refrigerate. When ready to serve, add Parmesan and some fresh parsley for garnish, if desired. Serve with toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250.3 calories, Carbohydrate 16.4 g, Cholesterol 12.7 mg, Fat 18.4 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 5.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 311.6 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
FESTIVE FALL SOUP
Fall finally made it to Southern Mississippi and I wanted a nice warm soup to enjoy after an evening of handing out Halloween candy. This is what I came up with, and we love it! Serve with crackers if desired.
Provided by Elisabeth
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat a Dutch oven or stockpot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef, red bell peppers, green onions, and garlic in the hot Dutch oven until browned and crumbly, 5 to 10 minutes; drain and discard grease. Add water, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to ground beef mixture; bring to a boil.
- Stir farfalle pasta into ground beef-tomato mixture; cook for 10 minutes. Add corn, peas, and mushrooms to mixture and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until pasta is cooked through yet firm to the bite, about 5 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 187.8 calories, Carbohydrate 19.7 g, Cholesterol 28.2 mg, Fat 7 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 11.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 369.8 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
More about "festive fall tortellini toss recipes"
20 COMFORTING FALL PASTA DISHES | SOUTHERN LIVING
PESTO AND VEGGIE TORTELLINI - A TABLE TOP AFFAIR | FRESH FALL SOUPS
FESTIVE PASTA SALADS : SEVEN LAYER HOLIDAY PASTA SALAD RECIPE ...
SPRING TORTELLINI TOSS - COLORADO KELLY
50 BEST FALL DESSERTS - AHEAD OF THYME
FESTIVE PASTA SALADS - EASY SNOWFLAKE PASTA SALAD HAPPY HOUR …
FESTIVE FALL FETTUCCINE - COOKING CHAT
FESTIVE MARINATED TORTELLINI SKEWERS - GIVE IT SOME THYME
FESTIVE FALL TORTELLINI TOSS | RECIPE | POTLUCK SIDE DISHES
30 BEST TORTELLINI RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
40 TORTELLINI RECIPES TO HELP YOU GET YOUR FIX - TASTE OF …
FESTIVE FALL TORTELLINI TOSS | ONLY GOOD FOOD | COPY ME THAT
FESTIVE FALL TORTELLINI TOSS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
FESTIVE FALL TORTELLINI TOSS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
FESTIVE PASTA SALADS - EASY VEGAN PASTA SALAD RECIPE BY TASTY : …
FESTIVE PASTA SALADS : LIGHT AND EASY PASTA SALAD RECIPE BOW TIE …
17 FESTIVE FALL COCKTAILS - SIMPLY RECIPES
48 TORTELLINI IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES, TORTELLINI, RECIPES
FALL TORTELLINI PASTA SALAD - SUM OF YUM
FESTIVE FALL TORTELLINI TOSS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE …
CRISPY TOASTED TORTELLINI - EASY FAMILY RECIPES
FESTIVE FALL RECIPES - CURDISTHEWORD
FESTIVE FALL TORTELLINI TOSS | RECIPE | FALL COMFORT FOOD, STUFFED ...
CHRISTMAS TORTELLINI PASTA - MODERN HONEY
TORTELLINI SIDE DISH RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
FESTIVE FALL TORTELLINI TOSS | RECIPE | POTLUCK SIDE DISHES, TORTELLINI ...
TORTELLINI CARBONARA - FALL RECIPE
FESTIVE FALL TORTELLINI TOSS | RECIPE | FALL COMFORT FOOD, TORTELLINI ...
FESTIVE SPINACH TORTELLINI - EXERCISING FOODIES
FESTIVE FALL TORTELLINI TOSS | TERRA MADRE
FESTIVE PASTA SALADS - CHRISTMAS PASTA SALAD THE PERFECT SALAD …
CHRISTMAS TORTELLINI - MEG'S EVERYDAY INDULGENCE
TORTELLINI DISH RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
15 EASY TORTELLINI RECIPES - QUICK RECIPES USING TORTELLINI
BEST TORTELLINI PASTA SALAD RECIPE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
BEST BITES: FALL SUCCOTASH WITH TORTELLINI - AOL
FESTIVE PASTA SALADS - LIGHT AND EASY PASTA SALAD RECIPE BOW TIE …
WAYS TO TURN A BAG OF FROZEN TORTELLINI INTO DINNER | KITCHN
50+ BEST TORTELLINI RECIPES - SOUPS, PASTAS, SALADS AND MORE!
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What can I do with tortellini?Warm up with a bowl of tortellini soup or toss them into a salad. No matter how you like to use the filled pasta, here are 40 tortellini recipes to help you get your fix. Bacon, cream and Parmesan cheese make a classic pasta sauce that's absolutely heavenly.
How to cook tortellini pasta with mozzarella?Drain the tortellini and add the hot pasta to the dressing so flavors will be absorbed. Gently stir in the peppers and green onions. When the pasta has cooled, add the mozzarella. Let the mixture marinate at least 2 hours or overnight. To assemble, use toothpicks at least 4 inches long.
Can you freeze tortellini pasta?Fresh tortellini can easily be found in most grocery stores either in the freezer or refrigerator isle, but you can also stock your pantry with dried tortellini, too. Either way, this quick-cooking, stuffed pasta is perfect for switching up your typical pasta recipes with something hearty and comforting.
What is a stuffed tortellini?Tortellini is a stuffed, ring shaped pasta that comes from the Italian region of Emilia, which is near Florence and encompasses Bologna, Parma and Modena, other notable Italian food towns. Cheese, meat and spinach are the most common items in stuffed tortellini.