LIGHTER CHICKEN FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
This version of chicken fettuccine alfredo is lightened by substituting some of the heavy cream with chicken broth.
Provided by Chef John
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Recipes Sauce Recipes Pasta Sauce Recipes Creamy Alfredo Pasta Sauce Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine chicken breasts and chicken broth in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low; simmer for 5 minutes. Turn breasts, cover, and simmer another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit with the cover on for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from the broth and set aside to cool, reserving the broth in the saucepan. Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into bite-size slices.
- Return the chicken broth to medium heat and cook until reduced to 1 cup.
- Stir garlic, black pepper, and heavy cream into the reduced broth; bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Whisk egg yolks in a bowl until smooth. Beat 1 tablespoon of the warm cream mixture into the eggs until thoroughly incorporated; repeat until about 1/2 cup of the warm cream mixture is used.
- Whisk the warm cream and egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining cream mixture. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture almost comes to a simmer and thickens, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook fettuccine in boiling water, stirring occasionally, until nearly cooked through, about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Stir parsley, 1 cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano, and cream mixture into the pasta. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for a few minutes until thick.
- Fold chicken and 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano into the pasta mixture to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 758.9 calories, Carbohydrate 59.6 g, Cholesterol 239.4 mg, Fat 41.8 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 37.8 g, SaturatedFat 24.2 g, Sodium 505.2 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
LIGHTER FETTUCCINI ALFREDO
A low-fat pasta for garlic lovers. For variety, try shell or penne pasta.
Provided by Linda Lou
Categories Main Dish Recipes Pasta
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large pot of boiling salted water cook fettuccini until al dente. Drain.
- Combine milk, cubed Neufchatel cheese, butter or margarine, garlic powder, onion powder, minced garlic, and salt. Stir until smooth. Stir in grated Parmesan cheese and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until blended.
- Toss pasta with Alfredo sauce and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 437.8 calories, Carbohydrate 44.6 g, Cholesterol 41.3 mg, Fat 20.7 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 17.8 g, SaturatedFat 9.5 g, Sodium 623.6 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
LOW-CAL FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
This lighter version of alfredo gives you all the creaminess of the original without loads of heavy cream and butter.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Make the sauce: Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and lemon zest and cook until the garlic is slightly soft, about 1 minute. Add in the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, 1 minute. Whisk in the milk and 3/4 teaspoon salt and cook, whisking constantly, until just thickened, about 3 minutes. Add the Neufchâtel and parmesan cheese; whisk until melted, about 1 minute. Stir in the chopped parsley.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until al dente, 2 to 3 minutes. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta and return to the pot. Add the sauce and 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water to the pasta and gently toss to combine, adding more cooking water as needed to loosen. Season with salt. Divide among bowls and top with parmesan and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490 calorie, Fat 15 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Cholesterol 48 milligrams, Sodium 734 milligrams, Carbohydrate 66 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 20 grams
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO (LIGHTER RECIPE)
We hope you enjoy this lightened version of a rich and traditional classic.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cook fettuccine as directed on package.
- While fettuccine is cooking, heat margarine and milk in 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until margarine is melted. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper.
- Drain fettuccine. Pour sauce over fettuccine; stir until fettuccine is well coated. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280, Carbohydrate 36 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 3 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 580 mg
LIGHTER FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: broccoli, olive oil, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, pepper, fettuccine, hummus, lemon zest, lemon juice, butter, grated parmesan cheese, basil, parsley, red pepper flakes
Provided by Tasty
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 450ºF (230˚C).
- Place the broccoli florets on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive, cayenne, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper, and stir to combine.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, tossing halfway through, until lightly charred.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Before draining through a colander, reserve 1 cup (240 ml) of the pasta water.
- Return the pasta to the pot.
- Add the hummus, ½ cup (120 ml) of the pasta cooking water, lemon zest, lemon juice, butter, and Parmesan and toss until a creamy sauce forms. Thin the sauce with more pasta cooking water, a little at a time, as needed.
- Add the basil, parsley, red pepper flakes, and remaining reserved water.
- Add the broccoli to the pasta, and toss gently with salt, and pepper. Serve immediately with extra Parmesan, basil and parsley on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 584 calories, Carbohydrate 78 grams, Fat 23 grams, Fiber 11 grams, Protein 21 grams, Sugar 5 grams
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO (FROM COOKING LIGHT)
From Cooking Light's Five Star Recipes, this was one of a handful of Editor's Choice recipes. A lovely sauce for pasta that's much lighter than traditional alfredo. Recipe calls for light process cream cheese which is reduced-fat cream cheese in the little tub. I have used reduced-fat cream cheese in the block without a problem. Original recipe also calls for margarine but I have never use the stuff so have listed butter in the ingredient list. Fettucine should be cooked without salt or fat and kept hot until sauce is added.
Provided by LonghornMama
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Whisk in flour. Gradually add skim milk, stirring until blended. Cook, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in cream cheese; cook 2 minutes. Add 1 cup Parmesan, stirring constantly until melted.
- Pour sauce over hot cooked fettucine and toss to coat. Top with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan, chopped parsley, and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 441.4, Fat 16.7, SaturatedFat 8.9, Cholesterol 87.4, Sodium 577.5, Carbohydrate 48.6, Fiber 2, Sugar 1, Protein 23.7
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO (COOKING LIGHT)
Make and share this Fettuccine Alfredo (Cooking Light) recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Cookie16
Categories Free Of...
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk.
- Cook 6 minutes or til thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add 1 cup parmesan, cream cheese and salt. Stir with whisk while cheeses melt.
- Toss with hot pasta, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of parmesan and chopped parsley and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 440.7, Fat 16.8, SaturatedFat 9.3, Cholesterol 92.3, Sodium 866, Carbohydrate 48.2, Fiber 2, Sugar 5.8, Protein 23.8
More about "fettuccine alfredo lighter version recipes"
LIGHTER FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
4.3/5 (11)Calories 478 per serving
HOW TO MAKE LIGHT FETTUCCINE ALFREDO | COOKING LIGHT
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SKINNY FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - DAMN DELICIOUS
THE BEST LIGHTER FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE - STACIE BILLIS
LIGHT FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
SKINNY FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE | GIMME SOME OVEN
EASY FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
LITE FETTUCCINE ALFREDO | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
LIGHTER FETTUCCINE ALFREDO WITH BACON - THE COMFORT OF …
LIGHTENED-UP FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - MY SAN FRANCISCO …
LIGHT RED PEPPER FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE - EAT THIS …
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO | RICARDO
LIGHT ALFREDO SAUCE - BAKE. EAT. REPEAT.
LIGHT PASTA ALFREDO - JAMIE GELLER
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - SPEND WITH PENNIES
LIGHTER FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - COOKTHESTORY
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO LIGHT RECIPE | MYRECIPES
I TRIED FOUR POPULAR FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPES AND FOUND THE
CLASSIC FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE | RONZONI® PASTA
LIGHTER FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - SIMPLE JOY
LIGHT FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - COOKING CLASSY
TRYING LIGHTER VERSION OF FETTUCCINE ALFREDO WITHOUT CREAM
LIGHT FETTUCCINI ALFREDO RECIPE | LAURA IN THE KITCHEN - INTERNET ...
LIGHTENED UP FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - LIFE MADE SIMPLE
HOW TO MAKE RICH AND CREAMY FETTUCCINE ALFREDO THAT WON'T …
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO (LIGHTER VERSION) – RECIPES NETWORK
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO (THE BEST EVER! SO EASY TOO ... - SALT & BAKER
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO – MODERN HONEY
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - EASY AND SIMPLE RECIPE TO MAKE AUTHENTIC …
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO (LIGHTER VERSION) RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
APPLEBEE'S FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY 20-MINUTE LIGHTER FETTUCINE ALFREDO - AVERIE COOKS
RECIPE FOR CHICKEN CARBONARA ALFREDO - THERESCIPES.INFO
LIGHT FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - MEGAN VS KITCHEN
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO + VIDEO WITH THE BEST SAUCE! (HOW TO MAKE …
LIGHT FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE - LAURA VITALE - YOUTUBE
LIGHTER FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - LIFE BY NADINE LYNN
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love