FIREHOUSE TEX-MEX CASSEROLE
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place rice in a greased 3-quart casserole dish.
- Add hot water; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown the meat in a large frying pan.
- Add barbecue sauce, tomatoes, beans, and chili powder.
- Mix well and then bring to a boil.
- Spoon the meat mixture over the rice.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the ground beef with the onion in the hot skillet until completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes; drain any excess fat. Stir the black beans, chili powder, cumin, and salt to the beef mixture; cook and stir until hot, about 5 minutes. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Arrange the tortillas atop the beef mixture.
- Mix the tomatoes with green chile peppers and cream of mushroom soup together in a bowl; spread over the tortillas. Top with the Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through and the cheese is melted completely, 25 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293.4 calories, Carbohydrate 13 g, Cholesterol 66.9 mg, Fat 17.7 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 20.3 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 701.1 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
THE FIREHOUSE SPECIAL
"This versatile dish can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It's great hot and cold, and it tastes even better the second day. Top with salsa or sour cream or both." -Darrell F Alvord, Boise, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 casseroles (10 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter; set aside., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. , In same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add to meat mixture. Stir in spinach, cottage cheese, eggs, soup mixes, garlic powder, Creole seasoning and reserved rice mixture. , Divide between two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315 calories, Fat 17g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 136mg cholesterol, Sodium 787mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 21g protein.
FIREHOUSE CHILI AND CORNBREAD CASSEROLE
Everyone knows that firefighters make the best chili--many using a recipe very similar to this--and the only way I know how to make that chili even better is by topping it with a cheesy cornbread crust. The cornbread crust is relatively sweet, which of course pairs perfectly with that spicy, meaty, savory chili.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat. Add onion, salt, and ground beef. Cook and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until meat is browned and crumbled into small pieces, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add poblano pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, black pepper, cayenne, and oregano; cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and crushed tomatoes. Measure water using the empty tomato cans and pour into the pot. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, then reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes before stirring in kidney beans. Continue simmering until bubbling and fragrant, about 30 minutes more. Taste for seasoning and adjust.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place a deep 9x13-inch baking dish on a baking sheet. Transfer chili to the dish, being sure to leave at least 1 inch of space at the top. Stir to evenly distribute.
- Whisk corn muffin mix, 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese, eggs, and milk together in a bowl until smooth. Spoon evenly over chili until the surface is covered. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cornbread crust is browned and a toothpick inserted into the crust comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Spoon or ladle into a dish and garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 522.7 calories, Carbohydrate 47.2 g, Cholesterol 114 mg, Fat 24.6 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 28.7 g, SaturatedFat 9.8 g, Sodium 1529 mg, Sugar 7.7 g
More about "firehouse casserole recipes"
FIREMAN’S OVERNIGHT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE WITH COUNTRY GRAVY
4.5/5 (42)Servings 8-10
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the sausage, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. When meat has begun to brown, add onions, mushrooms, and bell pepper to the skillet and cook until vegetables have softened and meat is cooked through, 6-7 minutes. Stir in green onion and remove meat and vegetables from skillet and set aside to cool. (Do not drain skillet.)
- Add butter or oil to undrained skillet. Once melted, whisk in flour and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
FIREHOUSE CHILI AND CORNBREAD CASSEROLE | RECIPESTY
FIREHOUSE ENCHILADAS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
FIREHOUSE POT ROAST | 12 TOMATOES
FIREHOUSE FOODS: BIG MAC CASSEROLE - YOUTUBE
FIREHOUSE CHILI AND CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - THERESCIPES.INFO
FIREHOUSE CHILI & CORNBREAD CASSEROLE – FOOD WISHES
STEAKUMMS FIREHOUSE CHALLENGE RECIPES - CBS CHICAGO
FIREHOUSE KITCHEN RECIPES – RECIPES FROM THE FIRESTATION
10 FIREFIGHTER-APPROVED RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
FIRE STATION CASSEROLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
FIREHOUSE CHILI RECIPE WINNING : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
RECIPE FOR FIREHOUSE CHILI : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
TRY THIS RECIPE FOR A FIREMAN'S BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
FIREHOUSE CHILI & CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - FOOD WISHES - RECIPE LATEST
FIREHOUSE RECIPES FIREFIGHTERS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
15 AMAZING GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE RECIPES - THE RUSTY SPOON
22 BEST FIREHOUSE RECIPES IDEAS | RECIPES, COOKING, COOKING
FIREHOUSE TEX MEX CASSEROLE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
FIREHOUSE RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
FIREHOUSE DINNER IDEAS : FIREHOUSE JAMBALAYA MARTHA STEWART
8 EASY AND TASTY FIREHOUSE RECIPES BY HOME COOKS - COOKPAD
FIREHOUSE CHICKEN RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
FIREHOUSE CHILI & CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - FOOD WISHES - YOUTUBE
OVERNIGHT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE WITH SAUSAGE
FIREHOUSE RECIPES - FIREHOUSE FORUMS - FIREFIGHTING DISCUSSION
100 FIREHOUSE RECIPES IDEAS IN 2022 | RECIPES, COOKING RECIPES, FOOD
RECIPES > CASSEROLES > HOW TO MAKE FIREHOUSE SPECIAL
FIREHOUSE CABBAGE CASSEROLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
FIREHOUSE GREEN BEANS WITH BACON | JULIE BLANNER
FIREHOUSE CHILI AND CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - CASSEROLE RECIPES
FIREHOUSE CHILI & CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - FOOD WISHES - RECIPE LANDS
THE FIREHOUSE SPECIALCHICKEN NOODLE CASSEROLE RECIPE
FOOD WISHES VIDEO RECIPES: FIREHOUSE CHILI & CORNBREAD …
FIREHOUSE CHILI AND CORNBREAD CASSEROLE RECIPE - DIY JOY
FIREHOUSE SUBS POTATO SOUP RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
FIREHOUSE CASSEROLE RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is a fireman’s breakfast casserole?This meal is known as the fireman’s breakfast casserole because it is large enough and hearty enough to feed an entire firehouse! Even if you’re not a firefighter, anyone can appreciate this delicious dish. 1. First, grease up a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and set it aside.
What are some easy casserole recipes?Make an easy, hearty dinner with recipes for chicken casserole, rice casserole, and more. This Chili Rellenos Casserole is very easy to prepare and is loaded with flavor.
What's in a breakfast casserole?As far as breakfast casseroles go, this is kind of a unique one. There are no hashbrowns or home fries or biscuits involved. Just a whole lot of protein from eggs and sausage and cheese and a medley of flavorful veggies.
What do you put in a Mac and cheese casserole?Layers of rice, chicken, cheese, and a creamy salsa sauce are baked in an easy, flavorful casserole. No canned soup mix in this recipe! Mushrooms, onions, celery, and peas all go into this comfort casserole. Chef John's easy-to-make, old-school macaroni and cheese has a perfectly crispy crust and a gooey center.