TINGLY FIVE-SPICE SHRIMP AND NOODLES
- Heat vegetable oil in a tabletop fryer or Dutch oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cornstarch, ground Sichuan peppercorns, five-spice powder, sugar and 1 teaspoon salt. Toss the prawns in the cornstarch mixture, then gently place in the fryer. Cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt.
- In a wide, shallow pot set over medium-high heat, add a few turns of the pan of oil. Add the reserved shrimp heads and shells and saute a few minutes, until pink and fragrant. Add the whole Sichuan peppercorns, fennel seeds, star anise, cinnamon sticks and cloves. Toast for a minute or two. Add the garlic, leeks and ginger and cook for a few minutes. Add the chicken stock, Shaoxing wine and shoyu and bring to a simmer. Let reduce by about half, then strain through a fine-mesh strainer and reserve.
- Place a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add a turn of the pan of oil. Add the egg, letting it run around the pan, gently picking up the cooked part and letting it continue to run. Remove from the pan, roll and thinly slice. Set aside.
- Place a large skillet over high heat and add a few turns of the pan of oil. Quickly saute the carrots, scallions, cabbage and mushrooms for a minute or two.
- As soon as you start cooking the vegetables, drop the noodles in the boiling water and let cook for a couple minutes. Remove from the pot and add straight to the pan of vegetables. Add some of the reduced shrimp head liquid and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a plate or platter and top with the sliced egg and cooked shrimp.
FIVE-SPICE BEEF & SUGAR SNAP NOODLES
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan or wok, then fry the beef for 10 mins until very well browned. Don't add any oil. Meanwhile, boil the noodles following pack instructions, then drain.
- Add the ginger, garlic, five-spice, chilli powder and mangetout to the browned mince, then fry for a few mins more until fragrant and the pods are bright green. Splash in the stock, add the noodles, then season with the soy sauce. Pile into bowls (use tongs, it's easier), sprinkling with the sesame oil and red chilli if using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 458 calories, Fat 8 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 71 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 30 grams protein, Sodium 4.08 milligram of sodium
TASTY BEEF & SUGAR SNAP STIR FRY
This is a quick & easy stir fry using beef - adapted from a recipe in the March/April edition of the Morrisons magazine. Time to make doesn't include overnight marinating.
Provided by Um Safia
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Put the strips of beef in a shallow, non metallic dish. Mix the soy sauce vinegar, honey, garlic & ginger together & pur over the beef. Cover, place in the refridgerator & marinate over night or for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a wok or deep frying pan & add the sugar snap peas & mushrooms. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes, then remove vegetables with a slotted spoon & set aside.
- Remove the beef from the marinade & add to the wok / pan. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes, then add the vegetables along with the marinade & spring onions to the wok.
- Stir fry for 1 minute. Divide between 4 bowls, serve with noodles & scatter the sesame seeds over the top of each portion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 488, Fat 33.8, SaturatedFat 11.4, Cholesterol 110.2, Sodium 381.8, Carbohydrate 11.3, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 5.9, Protein 34.7
More about "five spice beef sugar snap noodles recipes"
FIVE-SPICE BEEF NOODLE SALAD RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
5 SPICE GROUND BEEF STIR FRY WITH NOODLES: A 20-MINUTE …
CHINESE 5 SPICE BEEF AND NOODLES - CHEF SARAH ELIZABETH
FIVE SPICE BEEF AND NOODLES RECIPE | SCHWARTZ
FIVE SPICE SHRIMP WITH CRISPY NOODLES | RECIPE
SPICY SZECHUAN BEEF NOODLES RECIPE | KITA ROBERTS …
5-SPICE BEEF & VEGETABLE STIR-FRY - BLINDINGLY GOOD FOOD
FIVE-SPICE BEEF AND NOODLE SOUP | COOK'S COUNTRY …
DINNER TONIGHT: FIVE-SPICE BEEF STIR FRY RECIPE
FIVE-SPICE BEEF & SUGAR SNAP NOODLES - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
4/5 (258)Total Time 25 minsServings 4
5-SPICE BEEF AND NOODLE ONE-POT RECIPE - SAINSBURY`S MAGAZINE
FIVE SPICE BEEF AND NOODLES - BIGOVEN.COM
FIVE-SPICE NOODLES RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
FIVE-SPICE BEEF & SUGAR SNAP NOODLES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SWEET AND SPICY CHINESE BEEF NOODLES - GARLIC & ZEST
FIVE SPICE BEEF MUSHROOM SUGAR SNAP STIR FRY | RECIPE | SPICED BEEF ...
FIVE-SPICE SHORT RIBS WITH UDON NOODLES RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
CHINESE FIVE SPICE BEEF WITH NOODLE - BEEF & LAMB
CHINESE FIVE SPICE RECIPES BEEF: 7 BEST HEALTH BENEFITS
BEEF AND SUGAR SNAP NOODLES | RECIPE | SIMPLY BEEF & LAMB
FIVE-SPICE BEEF & SUGAR SNAP NOODLES - PINTEREST.COM
RANDOM RECIPE IDEA FOR DINNER | FIVE-SPICE-BEEF--SUGAR-SNAP …
SPICY BEEF NOODLES - COOKING FOR KEEPS
FIVE-SPICE BEEF & SUGAR SNAP NOODLES – COOKER APP
FIVE SPICE TOFU WITH SESAME NOODLES RECIPE - GIMME SOME OVEN
PERSONAL RECIPE: FIVE-SPICE BEEF & SUGAR SNAP NOODLES RECIPE
5 SPICE GROUND BEEF STIR FRY WITH NOODLES: A 20-MINUTE RECIPE
CHINESE 5 SPICE NOODLES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
FIVE-SPICE BEEF & SMOKED HOISIN TOFU NOODLE BOWLS
FIVE-SPICE BEEF AND SUGAR SNAP NOODLES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CHINESE FIVE SPICE BEEF NOODLE SOUP BY ELFOODIELIFE | QUICK
CURRIED BEEF AND AND SUGAR SNAP PEAS OVER RICE NOODLES FOOD
21 GROUND BEEF NOODLE RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
FIVE SPICE BEEF AND NOODLES RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
FIVE-SPICE BEEF AND NOODLE STIR FRY RECIPE - MYGOURMETCONNECTION
STIR-FRIED NOODLES WITH CHINESE FIVE SPICE SAUSAGE
CHINESE FIVE-SPICE STEAK WITH RICE NOODLES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Chinese noodles with five spice powder?Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the noodles. Combine the brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of the five-spice powder in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the soy sauce and stir until the sugar dissolves. Taste and add a little more five-spice powder if desired.
How much five spice do you put on ground beef?Five-spice is a potent seasoning and just a little goes a long way which is why we recommend starting with just 1/4 teaspoon to season the beef. The intensity of five-spice powder fades rather quickly with age – seemingly more so than other ground spices.
Where can I find five spice powder for stir fry?The five spice powder I used for this ground beef stir fry is from Whole Foods and is a blend of cinnamon, fennel, cloves, star anise, and white pepper. You should be able to find this spice blend at just about any grocery store. If you’re worried about never using it again, you can also make my five spice ground beef and eggs with it.
How to cook beef noodles in a pan?Heat a large non-stick frying pan or wok, then fry the beef for 10 mins until very well browned. Don’t add any oil. Meanwhile, boil the noodles following pack instructions, then drain.