FLAVORFUL CORNISH GAME HENS
"These hens taste wonderful. They're just the right thing to serve when you're having company over. Your guests will think you spent the whole day in the kitchen!" Kara de la Vega - Santa Rosa, CA
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; sprinkle over hens. In a large skillet, cook hens over medium-high heat in oil until browned on both sides. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside and keep warm., In the same skillet, saute green onions and garlic until tender. Stir in broth and orange juice concentrate; pour over hens. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until meat is tender and juices run clear. To serve, drizzle with pan juices and sprinkle with almonds and parsley.
Nutrition Facts :
ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS
Go for a different kind of bird by stuffing and cooking the Neelys' Roasted Cornish Game Hens recipe from Down Home with the Neelys on Food Network.
Provided by Patrick and Gina Neely : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together salt, lemon pepper, dried basil and poultry seasoning. Rub olive oil all over the hens and season each with the salt mixture. Place the hens on a baking sheet pan with plenty of space between them. You may need to use 2 pans. Loosely stuff the cavities of each hen with some green bell pepper, celery and onion. Roast the hens in the preheated oven for about 1 hour or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165 degrees F and the juices run clear. Remove the hens from the oven, loosely tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes before carving or serving.
BAKED CORNISH GAME HENS
Cornish game hens stuffed with a vegetable mixture, then roasted. A Cornish game hen recipe that I found and tweaked a bit for the taste and size of our small family, but it would be very easy to adjust it to fit your needs. It goes well with oven-roasted potatoes.
Provided by JMRYGH
Categories Meat and Poultry Recipes Chicken Cornish Hen Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a small bowl combine the 1/2 cup melted butter, onion, celery, bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic, basil, oregano and parsley.
- Season hens inside and out with salt and pepper to taste, then stuff with equal amounts butter/vegetable mixture. Place stuffed birds in a 9x13 inch baking dish, breast side up. Drizzle with 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Cover dish and bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours. Remove cover and brown at 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476.2 calories, Carbohydrate 4.5 g, Cholesterol 166.8 mg, Fat 45.2 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 14.3 g, SaturatedFat 24.8 g, Sodium 421 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
TASTY TARRAGON CORNISH GAME HENS
This is a very tasty way to prepare cornish hens. It's another family favorite we've served for years. Tarragon goes so well with poultry.
Provided by Chef Fredo
Yield 1 hen, 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Make basting sauce by melting butter in small sauce pan and stirring in wine (or broth) and tarrgon.
- Sprinkle inside of each hen with salt, pepper, tarragon, and garlic.
- Lightly coat outside of hen with olive (or other) oil.
- Liberally sprinkle outside of hen with garlic salt.
- Tie hen legs together if possible (I've also made these without doing this step).
- Place hens in oven.
- Let hens cook about 15 minutes before starting to use the basting sauce. After each basting, I will occasionally sprinkle more garlic salt over the hens.
- Continue to baste hens every 15 minutes or so until done. If hen wings or top start to darken too much, cover those areas with foil.
- When hens have finished cooking, remove to serving platter.
- optional - I place the strained drippings in a bowl (skimming off some of the butter) and use this as a 'gravy' for the hens and any suitable rice/potato dish that may accompany them.
- Use your meat thermometer to determine doneness as it varies according to hen weight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1400.6, Fat 138.8, SaturatedFat 87.6, Cholesterol 366, Sodium 1577.4, Carbohydrate 10.7, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 1.8, Protein 4
More about "flavorful cornish game hens recipes"
20 CORNISH HENS RECIPES - FOOD.COM
THE BEST WAYS TO COOK CORNISH GAME HENS FOR DINNER
24 BEST IDEAS RECIPES FOR CORNISH GAME HENS
HERB AND GARLIC ROASTED CORNISH GAME HEN | TASTY …
25 RECIPES FOR CORNISH GAME HENS » FAST AND FUN MEALS
PERFECT OVEN ROASTED BAKED CORNISH HENS RECIPE
CORNISH HEN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MARINATED CORNISH GAME HENS WITH CITRUS AND SPICE …
CORNISH GAME HEN GLAZE RECIPES FROM CITRUS TO APRICOT
10 BEST BAKED CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROASTED CORNISH HENS - JO COOKS
MARINATED CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPE - RELUCTANT …
CORNISH GAME HEN RECIPES - PAINLESS COOKING
CORNISH HEN RECIPE | THE COZY APRON
14 BEST CORNISH HEN RECIPES | HOW TO COOK CORNISH HEN
FLAVORFUL CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF …
CRISPY BAKED CORNISH HEN RECIPE - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
ROASTED CORNISH HEN - DINNER AT THE ZOO
3 WAYS TO MAXIMIZE THE FLAVOR OF CORNISH GAME HENS
CORNISH HEN RECIPES - STUFFED, GRILLED, SLOW COOKED & MORE
ROASTED CORNISH HEN (WITH MIXED VEGETABLES) - POSH JOURNAL
CORNISH GAME HEN AIR FRYER RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS - TASTINGTABLE.COM
ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CORNISH HENS: 23 SATISFYING COMBOS
ROASTED CORNISH GAME HEN - THE DARING GOURMET
27 EASY AND TASTY CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
CORNISH HEN (CORNISH GAME HEN) - BAKED CORNISH HEN - RASA …
DISCOVERNET | ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS
CORNISH GAME HEN RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
HOW TO COOK CORNISH GAME HENS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
ROASTED CORNISH HEN - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CORNISH HEN RECIPES PIONEER WOMAN – VIEW RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
ROASTED CORNISH HENS RECIPE - AN EASY ELEGANT MAIN DISH
THE BEST CORNISH HEN RECIPE - CLARKS CONDENSED
ROASTED CORNISH HEN RECIPE (W/ THE BEST MARINADE)! | THE …
ROASTED CORNISH HENS RECIPE - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
TASTY CORNISH HEN RECIPE | OVEN ROASTED CORNISH HEN | SOUTHERN …
IMPRESSIVE BUT EASY ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS - NATURAL DEETS
HOW TO COOK CORNISH GAME HENS (CROCKPOT RECIPE)
THE BEST CORNISH GAME HEN RECIPES - HALF-SCRATCHED
BAKED STUFFED CORNISH GAME HENS - JULIAS SIMPLY SOUTHERN
ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS - GIRL GONE GOURMET
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love