FLOUNDER FILLET IN HERB SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Saute celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, except fish, and mix well.
- Pour into a shallow 10x16" casserole.
- Lay fish fillets in the sauce, spooning some over fish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296.5, Fat 21, SaturatedFat 10.3, Cholesterol 68.4, Sodium 837.3, Carbohydrate 9.8, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 2.2, Protein 17.5
FAIRFIELD FLOUNDER FILLETS AND LEGAL SAUCE
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees F. Reduce wine in saucepan over high heat. Mash mushrooms into a paste, add to wine reduction. Add lemon juice and season with salt and cayenne. Fry for 1 minute and add egg yolk. Stir together well.
- Combine olives, shrimp, dill and mayonnaise. Season with pepper.
- Dry fish fillets, season with salt and pepper, dip in flour and spread with mushroom paste. Coat fillets lightly with grated cheese and finally with bread crumbs. Deep fry fish for 2 1/2 minutes. Serve with shrimp sauce.
FLAVORFUL FLOUNDER FOR THE OVEN
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Prepare a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season both sides of flounder fillets with salt. Place into the prepared baking dish. Brush 1 tablespoon lemon juice over fillets.
- Mix remaining lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, melted butter, mayonnaise, and green onions in a bowl; spoon over the fillets.
- Bake flounder in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Switch oven to broil; broil fillets until the tops are just browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215.7 calories, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 81.9 mg, Fat 12.7 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 23.5 g, SaturatedFat 5.4 g, Sodium 312.8 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Plunge tomatoes into the boiling water and immediately remove to a medium bowl of ice water; drain. Remove and discard skins from tomatoes. Chop tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; saute onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, garlic and Italian seasoning; cook until tomatoes are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Mix in olives, wine, capers, lemon juice, and 1/2 the basil. Reduce heat, blend in Parmesan cheese, and cook until the mixture is reduced to a thick sauce, about 15 minutes.
- Place flounder in a shallow baking dish. Pour sauce over the fillets and top with remaining basil leaves.
- Bake 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281.6 calories, Carbohydrate 8.2 g, Cholesterol 63.5 mg, Fat 15.4 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 24.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 777.5 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
FLOUNDER FILLETS IN A BEURRE BLANC SAUCE
- Preheat oven to low. Mix the flour, salt and pepper together and dip the fillets in the mixture to coat both sides. Shake off excess. Heat a large skillet very hot, add the clarified butter and when it is very hot fry the fillets quickly, turning once, until golden brown on both sides (about 2 minutes). Remove fillets to dinner plates and keep warm in the oven.
- Pour off any remaining clarified butter or oil from the skillet, add the wine, lemon juice and shallots and boil hard over high heat until reduced to about 1/8 cup. Add the cream and boil until reduced once again to about 1/4 cup. Lower the heat and vigorously whisk in the unsalted butter bit by bit, incorporating each piece almost completely before adding the next. As the last piece disappears, remove the pan from the heat. Do not boil the sauce after all the butter is in. 3.
- Spoon a small amount of the sauce over the fillets in the oven, return the skillet to the heat, add the chopped pasta and toss with the rest of the sauce until heated through. Spoon the pasta onto the dinner plates and serve with a tossed salad.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 1132, UnsaturatedFat 27 grams, Carbohydrate 49 grams, Fat 85 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 34 grams, SaturatedFat 51 grams, Sodium 1186 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 2 grams
FLOUNDER WITH HERB BLOSSOM BUTTER
Herb blossom butter sounds fancy, but it's really just a prettier, more floral, summery version of herb butter, perfect with any white-fleshed fish, salmon or trout. If you have no access to flowering herbs, simply use chives, thyme and dill instead to make a plain herb butter. Look for herb blossoms at farmers markets or buy a couple of blooming potted herb plants, or ask a friend with a vegetable garden. Edible flowers and all sorts of herb blossoms are also available online.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories dinner, seafood, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Make the herb blossom butter: Put butter in a bowl. Add chives, chive blossoms, dill, thyme blossoms, mustard blossoms if using, Dijon mustard, whole-grain mustard, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add a big pinch of salt and black pepper. Mix well with a fork until well combined. With wet hands, form butter into a log shape, then wrap and chill. Bring to cool room temperature to serve.
- Prepare the fish: Put flour in a low bowl or pie plate and season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Season fish on both sides with salt and pepper. Dip each fillet in seasoned flour on both sides, shaking off excess, and transfer to a large plate.
- Put 2 large skillets over medium-high heat and film bottoms with oil. When oil is hot, carefully place 2 fillets in each pan. (Alternatively, work in batches with 1 pan.)
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until fish is nicely browned on one side. Flip fillets with a spatula and cook for 2 minutes more, until fish flakes easily when probed.
- Transfer fish to warm platter or individual warmed plates. With a paring knife, cut herb butter into 8 thin slices and lay 2 slices atop each fillet. Sprinkle with extra herb blossoms, if you wish, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 502, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 34 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 25 grams, SaturatedFat 16 grams, Sodium 567 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 1 gram
FLOUNDER WITH HERBED COUSCOUS
A puree of parsley and scallions mixed with lemon juice and oil both flavors the couscous and acts as a sauce for the fish. The taste of flat-leaf parsley really comes through if you use the flat-leaf variety. Any mild-tasting fish fillets will go well with the relatively delicate sauce. Try lake perch, whiting, croaker, drum, or bass, or of course, any of the flounder family, such as lemon or gray sole. Variation: Flounder with Basil and Parsley Couscous - Make the herb puree with 1/4 cup fresh basil and 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves. Wine: Match the tartness of the lemon juice with an acidic white wine. Try a good-quality Soave or Orvieto from Italy. From African Quick From Scratch Fish & Shellfish, Food & Wine.
Provided by NcMysteryShopper
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a blender, puree the parsley and scallions with the lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1/4 cup of the water, and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the remaining 2 cups water to a boil with 3/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Stir in 3 tablespoons of the parsley puree and the couscous. Cover, remove from the heat, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over moderately high heat. Sprinkle the fish with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Dust the flounder with the flour and shake off any excess. Sauté the fish until brown and just done, about 2 minutes a side for 1/2-inch-thick fillets. Serve the fish on the couscous with the remaining parsley puree on the top.
ROASTED FISH WITH LIGHT HERB SAUCE
An easy sauce with the flavors of Provence makes fish fillets into a meal worthy of company. I like to add steamed rice and sautéed spinach to complete the plate. The recipe works with many types of fish such as cod, flounder, sole, trout, tilapia or catfish. -Suzanne Banfield, Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place the fillets in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Brush with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 450° for 14-18 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork., Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir shallot and herbes de Provence in butter until shallot is tender. Stir in marinade for chicken; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add cream; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Spoon over fish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 109mg cholesterol, Sodium 726mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "flounder fillet in herb sauce recipes"
10 BEST SAUCE FOR FLOUNDER FILLET RECIPES | YUMMLY
HERB-FILLED FLOUNDER WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE RECIPE
3/5 Total Time 35 minsServings 4
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine the chives, parsley, tarragon and lemon zest. Cut down the length of each whole flounder fillet to remove the spine strip. Season the flounder with salt and pepper and lay on a work surface, skinned side down. Spread equal amounts of the herb mixture over the top of each flounder strip. Roll up the flounder strips and secure each one with a toothpick through the center.
- In a large, ovenproof, nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the flounder rolls seam side down and cook over moderately high heat until browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 3 to 4 minutes, until just cooked. Transfer 2 rolls, 1 large and 1 small, to each plate. Put the skillet over moderately high heat, add the wine and water and bring to a boil, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Remove from the heat and swirl in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time. Season with salt and pour the sauce over the fish. Serve right away.
BAKED FLOUNDER WITH HERB-CAPER BUTTER - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
SAUCE FOR FLOUNDER FILLET - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
PAN-FRIED FLOUNDER WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
WHOLE FLOUNDER WITH HERB MARINADE RECIPE
FLOUNDER FILLET IN HERB SAUCE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
FLOUNDER FILLETS WITH SPANISH HERBS - PLAIN.RECIPES
THE BEST WAY TO COOK FLOUNDER [10 DELICIOUS FLOUNDER …
HERB CRUSTED FLOUNDER FILLETS IN ROASTED GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE
CRISPY FLOUNDER WITH LEMON HERB SAUCE -VALERIE HOFF
FLOUNDER FILLETS IN LEMON SAUCE - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY …
BAKED FLOUNDER WITH HERB BUTTER - THE WASHINGTON POST
FLOUNDER WITH HERB BUTTER • RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BAKED FLOUNDER IN HERB SAUCE - MY FOOD AND FAMILY RECIPES
BAKED FLOUNDER WITH LEMON AND BUTTER RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
FISH IN BUTTER SAUCE (FISH MEUNIèRE) - CHAMPAGNE TASTES®
FLOUNDER FILLETS IN A BEURRE BLANC SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
10 BEST BAKED FLOUNDER FILLETS RECIPES | YUMMLY
FLOUNDER FILLET SAUCE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
BAKED FLOUNDER WITH LEMON GARLIC AND BUTTER
BROILED FLOUNDER WITH LEMON CREAM SAUCE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
WORLD BEST FILLET COOKING RECIPES : FLOUNDER FILLET IN HERB SAUCE
CRISPY FLOUNDER WITH LEMON HERB SAUCE - | RECIPE - PINTEREST
FLOUNDER WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
FLOUNDER FILLETS WITH BéARNAISE SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HERB-CRUSTED FLOUNDER FILLETS IN ROASTED GARLIC SAUCE
BAKED FLOUNDER ITALIAN STYLE WITH FRESH CHERRY TOMATO HERB SAUCE
FLOUNDER FILLET IN HERB SAUCE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
FLOUNDER IN LEMON BUTTER SAUCE - MY JUDY THE FOODIE
BAKED FLOUNDER WITH HERB-CAPER BUTTER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CRISPY FLOUNDER WITH LEMON HERB SAUCE RECIPE | YUMMLY
RECIPE: GRILLED FLOUNDER FILLET WITH SPICY HERBS STEP BY STEP WITH ...
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #seafood #oven #easy #fish #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #saltwater-fish #sole-and-flounder #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to bake flounder with Herb-caper butter?Baked Flounder with Herb-Caper Butter is table-ready in just 15 minutes. It's so simple and delicious your family will ask for it again and again. Preheat oven to 450ºF. Lightly mist with cooking spray a baking dish just large enough to hold fish fillets in a single layer. Place fillets in baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
How to cook flounder fillets?Flounder fillets are thin so they only take about 8 minutes to broil. While the fish broils, make a quick and easy lemon sauce in a small saucepan by bringing heavy cream and some minced garlic to a simmer. Then add some fresh lemon juice and butter.
Can You Broil flounder with lemon cream sauce?Not only can Broiled Flounder with Lemon Cream Sauce be prepared in just minutes, there’s very little clean-up. Flounder fillets are brushed with a little melted butter (olive oil could be used instead) and then sprinkled with Old Bay seasoning.
What are the ingredients in a flounder fillet?Ingredients Four 4- to 6-ounce, 1/2-inch-thick fresh (not frozen) flounder fillets (or substitute sole, snapper, catfish, tilapia, swai, or any thin white fish) 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper 2 tablespoons vegetable oil 1 teaspoon or so all-purpose flour or rice flour (optional)