THAI SWEET & SOUR TOFU
I got this recipe from a cookbook that I checked out of the library. I tried it out when we went veggie for Lent. It turned out pretty good.
Provided by Shaye
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Mix 3 T of stock and cornstarch until smooth In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, ¾ cup stock, sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, cayenne and black peppers.
- In a small saucepan, sauté the garlic and ginger in 1 T oil until soft.
- Add vinegar mixture and simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir until sauce thickens.
- Taste for seasoning.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 2-3 inches of oil over medium to high heat until a cube of bread browns immediately.
- Fry the tofu until golden (about 5 minutes).
- Drain on paper towels, put on serving dish and sprinkle with soy sauce.
- In a wok, heat 2 T vegetable oil and stir fry carrots and scallions until there are cooked but crisp (about 1-2 minutes).
- Mix the tofu with the vegetables and pour sauce over top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239, Fat 14, SaturatedFat 2.1, Sodium 601.1, Carbohydrate 22.5, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 14.4, Protein 9.2
SWEET AND SOUR TOFU
- Place tofu between 2 plates. Place a weight on the top plate to press water out of tofu. Let sit, draining off water occasionally, 1 to 2 hours.
- Slice tofu into chunky, bite-sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute tofu until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove tofu and set aside.
- Whisk pineapple juice, brown sugar, vinegar, cornstarch, tamari, and salt together in the same pan. Stir constantly over medium heat until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add pineapple chunks, bell peppers, and onion; reduce heat to low. Cook until onion and peppers are slightly soft, about 5 minutes. Add tofu and heat through, 2 to 3 minutes more. Serve over cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360.6 calories, Carbohydrate 57 g, Fat 11.3 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 557.8 mg, Sugar 30.3 g
More about "thai sweet sour tofu recipes"
SWEET AND SOUR TOFU RECIPE • VEGGIE SOCIETY
5/5 (3)Calories 149 per servingCategory Main Course
- Try to drain and press the tofu in advance. Use a cotton tea towel to pat it dry as best as you can. Slice it lengthwise and pat dry again. Continue cutting the tofu into small cubes and pat them dry some more. If prepping tofu in advance you can place it in the fridge at this point and allow to air dry overnight. This step will really help your tofu get extra crispy.
- Preheat a large cast iron skillet over medium flame and add a drop of olive oil, enough to coat the entire bottom. Start adding the tofu cubes and pan sear on all sides until golden. Transfer to a bowl until needed. Make sure to work in batches so you don’t overcrowd the pan.
- After pressing the tofu and tossing it in the tapioca place it on a parchment lined baking sheet or air fryer basket. Air fry between 375" and 400"F for 14 minutes flipping it half way. (If the tofu is well pressed the 375" temperature is perfect, otherwise air fry at 400"F). Add it to the pan with the sauce and vegetables and cook everything together until the sauce starts to thicken and tofu is nicely coated all over. Enjoy!
THAI SWEET AND SOUR TOFU - STEAMY KITCHEN RECIPES …
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Heat a wok or large saute pan over high heat. When hot, swirl in the cooking oil. Add in green and red bell pepper and the onion. Stir fry for 30 seconds, until vegetables are slightly softened. Then add in the green onion and garlic and stir fry for another 10 seconds.
- Lower the heat to medium. Pour in the sauce mixture and bring to a simmer. Add in the baby corn, tomato, pineapple and tofu. Let simmer for 3 minutes.
SAIPHIN MOORE’S RECIPE FOR ROSA’S THAI SWEET-AND-SOUR TOFU
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
THAI SWEET AND SOUR TOFU - ROSA'S THAI
Cuisine Authentic Thai CuisineCategory Stir Fries, VegetarianServings 2Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
THAI SWEET AND SOUR TOFU - MY THAI COOKING
EASY THAI SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SWEET AND SOUR TOFU RECIPE – WEEKNIGHT MEAL
SWEET AND SOUR TOFU RECIPE (VEGAN) - JESSICA IN THE …
SWEET AND SOUR TOFU (糖醋豆腐) - QUICK & EASY VEGAN RECIPE
SWEET AND SOUR TOFU - SIMPLE VEGAN BLOG
SWEET AND SOUR TOFU RECIPE (VEGAN) | ALINE MADE
SWEET & SOUR TOFU - MADELEINE SHAW
SWEET AND SOUR TOFU RECIPE (VEGAN, HIGH PROTEIN)
CRISPY SWEET & SOUR TOFU - HOT FOR FOOD BY LAUREN TOYOTA
RECIPES COOK IDEAS: THAI SWEET AND SOUR TOFU RECIPE
SWEET AND SOUR TOFU WITH VEGETABLES | THE PICKY EATER
THAI SWEET-AND-SOUR TOFU - IOL
THAI FRIED TOFU WITH SWEET PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE - VEGAN THAI RECIPES
13 EASY ASIAN TOFU RECIPES FROM SAVORY TO SWEET
SWEET & SOUR TOFU RECIPE ผัดเปรี้ยวหวาน - HOT THAI KITCHEN!
THAI SWEET AND SOUR TOFU – OH RECIPES
SWEET AND SOUR TOFU - MY QUIET KITCHEN
SWEET AND SOUR TOFU - A QUICK SWEET & SOUR TOFU RECIPE
SWEET AND SOUR TOFU - EASY AND TASTY VEGAN ASIAN RECIPE
SWEET & SOUR TOFU RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SWEET AND SOUR TOFU - VEGAN COCOTTE
SWEET AND SOUR TOFU (糖醋豆腐) - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
SWEET & SOUR TOFU WITH VEGETABLES (VEGAN ... - VEGETARIAN …
SWEET AND SOUR TOFU | NUTRITION IN THE KITCH
SWEET & SOUR TOFU – SIX VEGAN SISTERS
SWEET AND SOUR TOFU RECIPE | KATHY'S VEGAN KITCHEN
SWEET AND SOUR FRIED TOFU - RASA MALAYSIA
SWEET AND SOUR TOFU RECIPE - THE COUPLE DOES VEGAN
EASY VEGAN SWEET AND SOUR TOFU - ALL WAYS DELICIOUS
SWEET AND SOUR TOFU - THE HIDDEN VEGGIES
VEGAN SWEET AND SOUR TOFU (OR TEMPEH!) - THE FOODIE TAKES FLIGHT
SWEET AND SAVOURY TOFU RECIPES FOR EVERY MEAL
RECIPE: SWEET AND SOUR TOFU - RECIPELINK.COM
SWEET & SOUR TOFU - NASOYA
SWEET AND SOUR TOFU (VEGAN EASY RECIPE) - PLANT BASED JESS
VEGAN SWEET AND SOUR TOFU STIR FRY - RUNNING ON REAL FOOD
5 INGREDIENT AIR-FRIED TOFU SNACK WITH THAI SWEET CHILI SAUCE
SWEET THAI CHILI BAKED TOFU - INQUIRING CHEF
Sweet & Sour Tofu Recipe ผัดเปรี้ยวหวาน - Hot Thai Kitchen!506K views-07:04
Sweet and sour Tofu recipe | Chilly Tofu recipe | Tofu With Stir Fry vegetable | Tofu recipe2.9M views-06:07
Crispy VEGAN Sweet and Sour Tofu Recipe | Everyday Favourites2.3K views-12:00
Coconut Tofu with Sweet & Sour Thai Chili Dipping Sauce with Peanuts13K views-09:56
SWEET SOUR TOFU VEGGIE STIR FRY | VEGAN TOFU STIR FRY - Vegan Richa Recipes1.2K views-01:28
Sweet n Sour Tofu - Tofu Recipes - Easy Sweet n Sour - Sweet & Sour Sauce - How to make Sweet n Sour515 views-04:28
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook tofu with sweet and sour sauce?Transfer tofu to a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Reduce the heat to medium and add peppers and onions to the skillet. Cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Pour the sweet and sour sauce into the skillet and add the tofu back to the pan. Stir until everything is coated in the sauce and cook until the sauce has thickened, about 1 minute.
How to cook tofu for stir fry?Slice tofu into chunky, bite-sized pieces. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute tofu until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove tofu and set aside. Whisk pineapple juice, brown sugar, vinegar, cornstarch, tamari, and salt together in the same pan. Stir constantly over medium heat until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
What is sweet and sour tofu (豆腐)?This sweet and sour tofu (糖醋豆腐) will surely make your mouth foaming uncontrollably! The tofu is pan-fried, then doused in a sweet and sour sauce, with the intermingling of flavors from ketchup, vinegar, and soy sauce.
How do you make tofu kimchi with soy sauce?Mix the soy sauce or tamari and apple cider vinegar in a bowl until well combined. Add the tofu cubes and let marinate for at least 5 minutes. Drain the tofu and transfer 1/3 of the tofu cubes to a freezer bag with 2 tbsp of cornstarch and toss to coat. Repeat this step with all the remaining tofu and cornstarch. Add more cornstarch if needed.