The Cheerios® Cookbook shares a recipe! Need a rainy-day project? Gather a group of crafty kids and create sweet "tweets" for the birds.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Gifts & Decor
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Use the pencil to poke a hole in the pointed end of the ice cream cone.
- Twist a knot in the end of the pipe cleaner. Thread the pipe cleaner into the ice cream cone and out the hole (the knot will hold the pipe cleaner in place).
- Use the table knife to spread the peanut butter on the outside of the cone. Press the cereal all over the peanut butter to cover the cone. Sprinkle the birdseed over the cone, pressing it into the peanut butter with your fingers.
Nutrition Facts :
EASY BIRD FEEDERS (FOR THE BIRDS)
- Melt the suet in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in both seed an let stand for 20 minutes, or it starts to set, but not firm.
- Meanwhile, with the point of a small knife, punch two holes opposite each other in each orange half, 1/2" down from the cut edge.
- Pull end of string through the hole and tie a knot.
- Cut string to desired length for hanging and tie the ends together for hanging.
- Place each orange half in a small bowl and spoon the fat mixture into each half, mounding in the center.
- Refrigerate till firm.
- Hang outdoors.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 815.2, Fat 83.3, SaturatedFat 40.9, Cholesterol 51.6, Sodium 6, Carbohydrate 12.2, Fiber 4.1, Sugar 6.8, Protein 7.2
HOMEMADE BIRD FOOD AND BIRD FEEDER
Provided by Valerie Bertinelli
Yield 2 bird feeders
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Slice the orange in half through the equator. Hold one half of the orange over a mixing bowl and use a spoon to scoop the flesh into the bowl, catching the juices and avoiding breaking through the peel. Repeat the process with the other half of the orange. Use kitchen shears to cut the pulp into smaller pieces.
- Add the almond butter, oats, dried cranberries, pepitas and 1/4 cup sunflower seeds to the bowl with the orange. Use a rubber spatula to mix until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Use a wooden skewer to pierce a hole through an orange peel about 1/2 inch below the cut. Continue to thread the skewer through the orange to reach the other side. Pierce through the orange, creating 2 holes directly across from each other. Remove the skewer and repeat the same process crosswise on the orange, so that you now have 4 holes. Repeat the same process with the other orange half.
- Take one piece of kitchen twine and use the skewer to help the ends of the twine through two of the mirroring holes. Tie a knot at either end of the twine to secure it to the inside of the orange. Repeat the process with the remaining twine. Use one of the wooden skewers to poke from one side of the orange to another, creating a perch. Repeat the process with the remaining skewer, creating an X. Repeat with the second orange half.
- Fill the oranges with the almond butter mixture. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup sunflower seeds. Hang the bird feeders outside on a sturdy branch.
- Any leftover almond butter mixture can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days to refill the feeders. Alternatively, it can be eaten by humans with green yogurt or on toast.
TREAT THE BIRDIES! BIRD FEEDER - KIDS CAN MAKE
In the winter months & even early spring, food is scarce for the wild birds that visit your home. Help them get some nutrition by making these simple bird feeders. Kids LOVE to make these & they get so much pleasure from watching the birds feed from them.The great thing about these feeders is that are quick & easy to make as well as being inexpensive and the real bonus is that they hold up well in snow & rain too!
Provided by Um Safia
Categories Kid Friendly
Yield 3 bird feeders, 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Take your slice of bread (if it is fresh, lightly toast it so it dries out or use stale / day old bread) & cut into 3 equal sized pieces.
- Spread each side of bread with the peanut butter & drench in the bird seed.
- Press the seed firmly onto the bread.
- Poke a small hole through one end of each feeder & hang with string / twine etc, in a sheltered place away from predators.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148.6, Fat 11.1, SaturatedFat 2.3, Sodium 60.4, Carbohydrate 8.4, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 2.3, Protein 6
More about "for the birds feeder recipes"
THE BEST HOMEMADE HUMMINGBIRD FOOD RECIPE | BLESS …
5 EASY RECIPES FOR CROWD-PLEASING BIRD FEEDERS
20 PLANS FOR DIY BIRD FEEDERS - THE SPRUCE
5 HOMEMADE SUET RECIPES FOR FEEDING BIRDS - BIRDS AND …
TREATS FOR THE BIRDS - HOW TO MAKE A BIRD FEEDER
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE SUET FOR BIRDS - THE SPRUCE
10 DIY BIRD FEEDER IDEAS - THE SPRUCE CRAFTS
DIY WILD BIRD SUET FEEDER - GARDEN THERAPY
MAKE YOUR OWN EASY BIRD FEEDERS - FOOD NETWORK
25 DIY BIRD FEEDERS - KIPPI AT HOME
37 FOR THE BIRDS IDEAS | BIRD FEEDERS, DIY BIRD FEEDER, BIRD HOUSES
PEANUT BUTTER BIRD FEEDER RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
DIY BIRD FEEDERS - FORGETFUL MOMMA
HOMEMADE BIRD FOOD RECIPES - ALMANAC.COM
HOW TO MAKE BIRD FEEDERS: FEATHERED FRIENDS WILL LOVE THESE SIMPLE …
EASY HOMEMADE BIRD FEEDERS - OTTAWA MOMMY CLUB
MAKING HOMEMADE BIRD FOOD & A FEEDER
BIRDS FEEDER RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
MAKE BIRD FEEDER RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOW TO MAKE A JELLY BIRD FEEDER IN 6 EASY STEPS
12 EASY DIY BIRD FEEDER IDEAS - LIFE FAMILY FUN
MAKING BIRDSEED COOKIES FOR A DIY WINTER BIRD FEEDER
HOMEMADE BIRD FOOD RECIPES - EASY AND DELICIOUS FOR YOUR BIRD!
EASY NO BAKE BIRD FEEDERS - THE NEIGHBORHOOD MOMS
EASY AND ECO-FRIENDLY BIRD FEEDERS TO MAKE WITH KIDS - RUN WILD …
RECIPE FOR HUMMINGBIRD FEEDER QUICK AND EASY
25 SIMPLE DIY BIRD FEEDERS FOR KIDS - MOMJUNCTION
BIRD FEEDER FOR DOVES - PETSTUTORIAL.COM
FOR THE BIRDS: EXPERTS SHARE THEIR FAVORITE BACKYARD FEEDERS
32 EASY HOMEMADE BIRD FEEDERS - HAPPY HOOLIGANS
170 FOR THE BIRDS IDEAS IN 2022 | BIRDS, BIRD FEEDERS, BIRD HOUSES
25 AMAZING DIY BIRD FEEDERS - SAVING & SIMPLICITY
WATER BOTTLE BIRD FEEDER TUTORIAL - HEARTH AND VINE
HOMEMADE BIRD SEED - HOW TO MAKE NUTRITIOUS, LOW-COST FEED …
WILD BIRD FOOD RECIPES | LOVETHEGARDEN
HOMEMADE BIRD FEEDER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
490 FOR THE BIRDS, BEES AND BUTTERFLIES IDEAS IN 2022 | BIRD FEEDERS ...
DIY BARK BUTTER & LOG FEEDER FOR BIRDS - THE MAKE YOUR OWN ZONE
DIY VEGAN SUET BIRD FEEDER - TRIMAZING
6 DIY BIRD FEEDERS FOR BACKYARD BIRDWATCHERS - CREATIVE …
BIRD FEEDER FOR FENCE - PETSTUTORIAL.COM
FOR-THE-BIRDS FEEDER | RECIPE | BIRD FEEDERS, BIRD FEEDER CRAFT, DIY ...
You'll also love