FRENCH ONION STEAK WITH MUSHROOMS
Prepared French onion soup and sherry make a wonderful sauce for these steaks smothered with mushrooms. Egg noodles are a great accompaniment to soak up all the juices.
Provided by CookingONTheSide
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt 2 T butter in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes until browned and liquid has evaporated. Transfer to bowl.
- Start to cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt.
- Brown 2 steaks, 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer to bowl with mushrooms. Repeat process with remaining steaks.
- Return steaks and mushrooms to skillet.
- Add 1/3 cup dry sherry and bring to a boil; boil 30 seconds.
- Add French onion soup and 2/3 cup water; return to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes until steaks are tender and sauce has reduced slightly.
- Drain noodles. Serve steaks with noodles and your favorite vegetable.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 809.5, Fat 33.4, SaturatedFat 13.9, Cholesterol 200.8, Sodium 1290.9, Carbohydrate 52.4, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 5.9, Protein 56.7
HAMBURGER STEAKS WITH ONION AND MUSHROOM GRAVY
This recipe is an update of the classic Salisbury steak. With additions like smoked paprika in the beef mix and lightly caramelized onions in the gravy, this version will be a new family favorite to enjoy with a side of mashed potatoes.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For the hamburger steaks: Whisk together the mustard, smoked paprika, egg, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Mix in the ground beef and breadcrumbs by hand, then form into 4 oval patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Set a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the patties and brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the patties to a plate; set aside.
- For the onion and mushroom gravy: Turn the heat down to medium and add the mushrooms and thyme. Cook until the mushrooms release their liquid and are browned, about 8 minutes. (The mushrooms might seem dry at first, but will eventually release liquid and add moisture to the pan.) Transfer the mushrooms to a plate; set aside.
- Melt the butter in the pan, add the onions and garlic and cook until translucent and lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, until the butter and liquid are absorbed, about 1 minute. Pour the broth and Worcestershire into the pan and stir until the flour is dissolved.
- Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Stir the mushrooms back into the pan and nestle in the beef patties. Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to medium low. Let simmer until the sauce has thickened and a thermometer inserted into the patties registers 165 degrees F, about 10 minutes.
- Turn the patties over a few times to coat in the sauce. Season with salt and pepper and top with the parsley.
SIRLOIN STEAK WITH MUSHROOMS
- Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a heavy skillet over high heat until a drop of water immediately sizzles and evaporates when flicked onto the skillet's surface. Pour in oil. Add steak and cook until it is beginning to firm and is hot and slightly pink in the center, about 4 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).
- Remove steak from skillet and set aside. Tent with foil to keep warm. Discard oil remaining in the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook mushrooms, shallot, and garlic, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Pour in white wine and cook until slightly reduced. Pour in beef broth. Reduce heat to low and stir in butter, 1 cube at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in tarragon. Season with salt and pepper. Serve mushroom sauce over the steak.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 568.6 calories, Carbohydrate 5.5 g, Cholesterol 119.3 mg, Fat 42.6 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 32.6 g, SaturatedFat 19 g, Sodium 446.6 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
ROUND STEAK AND GRAVY II
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Trim the fat from the steak, and cut into desired number of servings.
- In a roasting pan over medium high heat, sear both sides of the steak, about 1 minute per side. Remove from heat.
- Stir the cream of mushroom soup, French onion soup and water into the roaster. Bake in the preheated oven 2 1/2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247.8 calories, Carbohydrate 11.5 g, Cholesterol 61 mg, Fat 11.1 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 24.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 1183.4 mg, Sugar 4 g
More about "french onion steak with mushrooms recipes"
SALISBURY STEAK WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY - TOP RECIPES
HAMBURGER STEAKS WITH SWEET ONION AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE ...
FRENCH ONION SAVOURY MINCE – GRANDMA'S RECIPE
BAKED STEAK WITH LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX - LOVESTEAKCLUB.COM
FRENCH ONION SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS - RECIPETIN EATS
SALISBURY STEAK RECIPE EASY MUSHROOM GRAVY RECIPE | BEST ...
CUBE STEAK FRENCH ONION SOUP RECIPES
FRENCH ONION STEAK | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
FRENCH ONION STEAK - SON SHINE KITCHEN
FRENCH ONION STEAK RECIPE - EASY AS 1 2 3 ... - MIDDLE ...
FRENCH ONION SAUTéED MUSHROOMS IN 10 MINUTES! | EASY ...
FRENCH ONION STEAK WITH MUSHROOMS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
FRENCH ONION STEAK WITH MUSHROOMS - CREATE THE MOST ...
STEAK AND ALE FRENCH ONION SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
FRENCH ONION STEAK WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPES
FRENCH ONION STEAK RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
SLOW COOKER FRENCH ONION SOUP SWISS STEAK - BEYER BEWARE
WAGYU STEAK WITH CREAMY FRENCH ONION MUSHROOMS ...
FRENCH ONION SOUP SALISBURY STEAK - BOWL ME OVER
FRENCH ONION STEAK RECIPE - HOME CHEF
EASY FRENCH ONION SOUP WITH MUSHROOMS - MUSHROOM APPRECIATION
SALISBURY STEAK WITH LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX - SOUPNATION.NET
FRENCH ONION STEAK WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CUBE STEAK RECIPE WITH MUSHROOM SOUP AND FRENCH ONION SOUP ...
CREAMY FRENCH ONION STYLE SLOW COOKER MUSHROOMS - THE ...
SALISBURY STEAK WITH LIPTON ONION SOUP RECIPES ...
FRENCH ONION SOUP SALISBURY STEAK RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ...
SAUTéED MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS RECIPE (QUICK AND EASY) | KITCHN
WHAT TO SERVE WITH FRENCH ONION SOUP? 16 DELICIOUS SIDES ...
MUSHROOM AND ONION RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #beef #vegetables #stove-top #dietary #low-carb #mushrooms #low-in-something #meat #steaks #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook steak with onion gravy?Directions. Bring onion mixture to a boil. Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl; stir into onion mixture. Cook and stir until onion gravy is thickened, about 1 minute. Pour over patties to serve. Learn this new technique of cooking steak! Learn how to cook a perfect steak with mushroom sauce. Watch how to make a classic Salisbury steak dinner.
How to cook steak on the stove top?In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown steaks in 1 teaspoon butter on both sides. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining butter until tender. Reduce heat to medium. Add wine or broth to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits; cook for 2-3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
How do you serve grilled steak with mushrooms and onions?When the grilled steak is ready, go ahead and drizzle the onions and mushrooms with balsamic vinegar. To serve, top the steak with mushrooms and onions, then top each of the piles of mushrooms and onions with a slice of provolone.
What is the best way to cook French onion soup?French onion soup gets “beefed” up in this unique main dish. A slice of toasted French bread fits right in. —Vicky Carlson of Shreveport, Louisiana Sprinkle steaks with thyme, pepper and garlic powder. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown steaks in 1 teaspoon butter on both sides. Remove and keep warm.