I make this every year, and my family always looks forward to having it. It's one of those recipes that looks like you've spent a lot of time on, but it's so easy to make. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com.
Provided by Mary Poris
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine the corn, creamed corn, sugar, flour, milk and eggs. Mix well. Pour the mixture into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 238.8 calories, Carbohydrate 48.6 g, Cholesterol 93.6 mg, Fat 4.1 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 8.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 650.6 mg, Sugar 13.4 g
CORN AND CHEESE SOUFFLE
- Lightly butter the bottom of a 2 quart souffle dish. Set aside.
- Melt 1/3 cup butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat stirring constantly. gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add cheeses, stirring until melted.
- Stir in corn, garlic powder, and red pepper.
- Beat egg yolks at medium speed with an electric mixer until thick and pale.
- Stir into corn mixture.
- Combine egg whites and cream of tartar; beat at high speed until stiff peaks form; fold into souffle mixture.
- Spoon into prepared dish.
- Bake at 350F for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Serve right away.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291.4, Fat 20.6, SaturatedFat 12, Cholesterol 181.9, Sodium 473.9, Carbohydrate 14.9, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 2.3, Protein 13.2
CORN & ONION SOUFFLE
I swapped out my old cheese souffle for one with corn. If you're souffle-challenged, it helps to use smaller ramekins instead of one big dish. -Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Separate eggs; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Grease a 2-1/2-qt. souffle dish; dust lightly with 2 tablespoons cornmeal., Preheat oven to 350°. Place corn, milk and sugar in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add cream and melted butter; cover and process 15-30 seconds longer., In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in corn mixture, cream cheese, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and remaining cornmeal until heated through. Remove to a large bowl., Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to bowl, whisking constantly., In a large bowl, beat egg whites with baking soda and remaining salt on high speed until stiff but not dry. With a rubber spatula, gently stir a fourth of the egg whites into corn mixture. Fold in remaining egg whites. Transfer to prepared dish., Bake 45-50 minutes or until the top is deep golden brown and puffed and center appears set. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325 calories, Fat 25g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 174mg cholesterol, Sodium 463mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
FRESH CORN AND CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUFFLE
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat to 400. Butter 8-cup souffle dish. Saute corn in 1 Tbsp butter, 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Melt 3 Tbsp butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir 3 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk. Boil till ve3ry thick, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Whisk in yolks 1 at a time. Whisk in mustard and salt. Season with pepper. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Dot top with butter and let stand at room temperature. Before continuing, rewarm over low heat till just lukewarm, stirring constantly.) Add corn, cheese and chives. Beat whites and pinch of salt till stiff but not dry. Stir 1/4 of whites into yolk mixture to lighten. Gently fold in remaining whites. Spoon into dish. Place in oven. Reduce temperature to 375 and bake till puffed and golden on top and souffle still moves slightly when top is gently touched, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.
More about "fresh corn and cheddar cheese souffle recipes"
FRESH CORN SOUFFLé - THE BAKING WIZARD
5/5 (1)Servings 6Cuisine French And AmericanCategory Main Course
- Butter a 2-quart round or oval baking dish (such as a 10- x 2-inch round) and coat with 2 ounces of the Gruyère or Comté. The cheese will not cover the inside of the baking dish completely. There will be gaps. For beating the egg whites, you can use a stand mixer, an electric hand mixer, or a manual rotary egg-beater.
- It's best to use a metal bowl. Wash the bowl and beater in hot soapy water; rinse well and dry. Bowl and beater must be grease-free. Adjust an oven rack to the lower third position and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put 4 tablespoons of the butter into a large skillet (12-inch) over medium heat. When hot, add the garlic and cook about 15 seconds, stirring with a wooden spoon. Add the corn, red bell pepper, and jalapeño and cook, stirring occasionally, until the peppers and corn are partly tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Combine the milk and half and half in a medium heavy saucepan (3-quart) and bring to he boil over medium heat. Watch carefully so the liquid doesn’t overflow the pan. Keep the liquid hot on low heat. (Or, just heat the milk and half and half in a 2-cup heatproof measure (such as Pyrex®) with pouring spout for 2 minutes in a microwave oven).
CHEESE SOUFFLE WITH CORN AND JALAPEñOS - RECIPE GIRL
Servings 6-8Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CREAMED CORN AND SHARP CHEDDAR SOUFFLE RECIPE
Reviews 17Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CHEDDAR CORN SOUFFLé - CULTURE: THE WORD ON CHEESE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CHEESE SOUFFLé WITH FRESH CORN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Calories 187 per servingServings 6
- Place first 8 ingredients in a food processor; process until blended, scraping sides of processor bowl once. Add cheddar cheese; pulse 2 times or until well-blended. Spoon corn mixture into a large bowl.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed of a mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold one-fourth of egg white mixture into corn mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture. Pour mixture into a 2 1/2 quart souffle dish coated with cooking spray.
- Place souffle in a 400° oven; immediately reduce oven temperature to 375°, and bake 45 minutes or until puffy and golden.
CORN AND CHEDDAR SOUFFLE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
- Butter and flour 10-cup/2.5L souffle dish; set aside. (Alternatively, leave the pan ungreased if you want to make it gluten-free, it just makes it harder to clean out). Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add cornmeal, salt, pepper, and nutmeg and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Slowly stir in milk and bring to boil; add corn and hot peppers and simmer over medium heat, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until melted. Scrape into large bowl. Stir in onions; whisk in egg yolks.
FRESH CORN & GRUYèRE SOUFFLé - WILLIAMS-SONOMA TASTE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CORN COB AND AGED CHEDDER SOUFFLE RECIPE - CHEF CRAIG FLINN
Servings 6Category Appetizers
CHEAT'S CHEESE AND SWEETCORN "SOUFFLé" | WOOLWORTHS TASTE
HAMBURGER SOUFFLE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CORN SOUFFLE SOUR CREAM - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CHEDDAR CORN BISCUITS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
FRESH CORN AND CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUFFLE RECIPES
CREAMED CORN RECIPE WITH CREAM CHEESE - ALL INFORMATION ...
RECIPE - CORN, CHEDDAR & CHIVE SOUFFLé
JIFFY CORNBREAD CASSEROLE 5 INGREDIENTS - ALL INFORMATION ...
CORN SOUFFLE RECIPE MILK STREET - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
ZUCCHINI SOUFFLE RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
SWEET CORN SOUFFLE MILK STREET - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CHEDDAR POLENTA AND SPINACH SOUFFLé RECIPE | ARMSTRONG CHEESE
SWEETCORN AND CHEESE SOUFFLé RECIPE | SHOPRITE
JALAPENO SPOON BREAD RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CORN SOUFFLE RECIPE INA GARTEN - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
You'll also love