KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT SHEET PAN DINNER
Make a whole dinner on one sheet pan in a matter of minutes with this simple, satisfying recipe.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Turn up four edges of a large piece of foil to make a rectangular tray (about 12 by 5 inches) for the sauerkraut; set aside
- On one side of the baking sheet, toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and sprinkle with some salt and pepper; spread the potatoes into an even layer. Place the kielbasa on the other side of the baking sheet, leaving an empty place in the center for the foil tray. Brush the kielbasa with the remaining olive oil. Roast until the kielbasa begins to brown in spots and the potatoes are almost completely tender, about 15 minutes.
- Toss the sauerkraut with the caraway seeds and spread into an even layer in the prepared foil baking tray. Place the foil tray in the center of the baking sheet. Roast until the potatoes are completely tender and browned, the sauerkraut is warmed through and the kielbasa is browned in spots, 15 minutes more. Divide sausage and vegetables between two plates and enjoy.
PASTA WITH KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and bell pepper in oil, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Stir in garlic and kielbasa, and cook until kielbasa begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in sauerkraut, mustard, and cayenne; cook about 4 minutes more. Stir in wine and parsley, and heat through.
- Toss ziti with kielbasa and sauerkraut, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 541.1 calories, Carbohydrate 51.2 g, Cholesterol 49.9 mg, Fat 28.4 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 17.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.1 g, Sodium 1185 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
GRANDPA'S SAUERKRAUT AND KIELBASA
I grew up asking for sauerkraut instead of candy as a child, and my grandfather always made it for me. This is my version of what he would make.
Provided by Twitterpated
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put the cold butter in a cold pan with the diced onion, and slowly bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- This brings out the sweetness of the onions.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and simmer 2 more minutes.
- Add next 3 ingredients.
- Combine with the sauerkraut (undrained and not rinsed), kielbasa and potatoes.
- Bring to a simmer on the stove top.
- Cover loosely with foil and place in a preheated 225°F oven for 3 hours.
FRESH KIELBASA WITH SAUERKRAUT
I guess the Polish is coming out in me again! My mom's not so favorite (It's not hers) but I like it!! I've also cooked this slow cooker and stove top. Your choice. And many times cooked for three hours. Makes great left overs! Better the next day!
Provided by Rita1652
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Brown kielbasa and pork,set aside.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons fat.
- Add apple juice, onions, carrots, apple, parsley, bay leaves,garlic salt,caraway seeds, and chicken broth; simmer cover for 20 minutes.
- Stir in saurerkrat,wine,sugar,pork ribs and kielbasa that you cut into 1/4 slices.
- Bake, covered,1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and good rye bread& butter.
THE ORIGINAL KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT
This is a family recipe passed down from my grandfather and my father who still make every New Year's Day. It's the best. Trust me, you'll love this recipe. It's original and kinda simple. It's 'old school.' Serve with Jewish rye bread, butter, and horseradish. A good side is mashed potatoes with cheese, milk, and butter to create a rich, creamy, tasty mashed potatoes to go with the dish.
Provided by egnatuk
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cook fatback in a large pot over low heat until the drippings render out, about 45 minutes, stirring often. Stir sauerkraut and cabbage into the pork drippings, bring to a simmer, and cook until cabbage is very tender, about 3 hours. Stir occasionally. Mix kielbasa into the cabbage and kraut; cook 45 minutes to 1 hour to blend flavors.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 686 calories, Carbohydrate 23.9 g, Cholesterol 92.1 mg, Fat 57.9 g, Fiber 10.4 g, Protein 18.9 g, SaturatedFat 24.4 g, Sodium 1679.2 mg, Sugar 13.2 g
KIELBASA WITH SAUERKRAUT
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Brown kielbasa on grill or in pan. Combine sauerkraut, kielbasa, apples and caraway seeds, if using, and enough beer to cover. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer and let cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with bread.
More about "fresh kielbasa with sauerkraut recipes"
10 BEST FRESH KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPES | YUMMLY
SAUERKRAUT AND KIELBASA - GRANDMOTHERS KITCHEN RECIPES
KIEłBASA AND SAUERKRAUT (GREAT RECIPE!) | POLONIST
SAUERKRAUT AND KIELBASA (WITH SOUR CREAM) - ORTHODOX …
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPE (EASY!) | WHOLESOME YUM
OUR 20 FAVORITE KIELBASA RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
SLOW COOKER KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT (FRESH KIELBASA)
4.8/5 (12)Category Main Dish, MeatServings 4Calories 475 per serving
- Place your sauerkraut in a strainer over the sink and let it drain while you prep the other ingredients. *See Notes*
- Add oil to a large pan or directly into your slow cooker if it can go on the stove or has browning capabilities. Sear the kielbasa for about 2 minutes on each side to crisp and brown up. Remove from pan and set aside.**See Notes**
- Add the onion to the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes. Add about 1 teaspoon of fresh cracked pepper, it's about 20 twists for me.
EASY CROCKPOT KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT - SEASON & THYME
GRANDMA'S KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPE
FRESH POLISH SAUSAGE AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPE
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT | BETTER COOKING RECIPES
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT - THE TRAVEL PALATE
SLOW COOKER KIELBASA RECIPE WITH SAUERKRAUT AND APPLE
TOP 44 FRESH KIELBASA RECIPES WITH SAUERKRAUT
POLISH KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPES - FOODSCENE
BEST KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT SHEET PAN DINNER RECIPES | QUICK …
BEST KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPE - PARADE: ENTERTAINMENT, …
10 BEST KIELBASA SAUERKRAUT POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
SKILLET KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT - THE RECIPE CRITIC
GRANNYS POLISH SAUSAGE WITH SAUERKRAUT BEST RECIPES
FRESH KIELBASA WITH SAUERKRAUT - CHAMPSDIET.COM
WHAT TO DO WITH SAUERKRAUT: 37 AMAZING RECIPES
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT (HOW TO COOK KIELBASA ON THE STOVE)
HOW TO COOK FRESH KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT? - BRADY'S LANDING
OLD FASHIONED KIELBASA AND KRAUT (KETO/LOW CARB) - TABLE AND A …
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT SOUP - WHOLESOME FARMHOUSE RECIPES
KIELBASA SAUERKRAUT & POTATOES SKILLET RECIPE • MIDGETMOMMA
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT STEW - SAVORY: FAST, FRESH AND EASY
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT - FOX VALLEY FOODIE
HOW TO COOK SAUERKRAUT & KIELBASA WITH BEER - THE NEST
HOW TO COOK FRESH KIELBASA (GUIDE) - KITCHLIT
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT - VIKALINKA
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPE - SCOTT HOCKER | FOOD & WINE
CROCKPOT KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT - CROCK POTS AND FLIP FLOPS
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT - PLOWING THROUGH LIFE
RECIPE FOR FRESH KIELBASA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SLOW COOKER KIELBASA WITH SAUERKRAUT AND POTATOES
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #main-dish #pork #vegetables #oven #european #fall #heirloom-historical #holiday-event #winter #polish #stews #crock-pot-slow-cooker #dietary #one-dish-meal #seasonal #comfort-food #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #taste-mood #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook kielbasa and sauerkraut for Soup?Instructions 1 In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add in the potatoes, carrots, and onions to the pan and cook until they have softened. 2 Stir in the garlic powder, peppers, and kielbasa, cook until the kielbasa is warmed through. 3 Add in the sauerkraut and cook for five minutes until the sauerkraut is heated through.
What's your best kielbasa sauce recipe?1 lb beef kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (two if you're an insane sausage lover) Put the cold butter in a cold pan with the diced onion, and slowly bring to a simmer on medium heat. This brings out the sweetness of the onions. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add minced garlic and simmer 2 more minutes. Add next 3 ingredients.
What is the best seasoning for sauerkraut and kielbasa?In most recipes, sauerkraut and kielbasa are lightly seasoned, but not too much. Some common spice added to sauerkraut and kielbasa are onion, pepper, garlic, ground sage, thyme leaves, parsley. In the end, it’s up to you what seasons to choose.
How to cook kielbasa sausage in a slow cooker?Cut of kielbasa sausage into 2-3 inch pieces. Place in the bottom of your slow cooker. Pour sauerkraut, along with any accompanying juice, over top. Top with sliced onions, minced garlic, brown sugar, and mustard. Add beer and cover. Cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Taste and add salt if necessary.