FRIED IRISH CABBAGE WITH BACON
- Cook bacon in a deep skillet over medium heat until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve 1/4 cup drippings in skillet.
- Cook and stir cabbage in hot bacon drippings over medium heat until cabbage wilts, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Crumble bacon over cabbage. Stir and simmer until bacon is warmed, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220 calories, Carbohydrate 7.3 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Fat 17.8 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 8.5 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 467.6 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon and set aside. Add onion and garlic and cook in bacon grease until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in cabbage, paprika, sugar, salt, and pepper; mix to combine. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Stir cooked bacon into the skillet with the cabbage mixture. Simmer over low heat until cabbage reaches the desired consistency, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80.5 calories, Carbohydrate 9.1 g, Cholesterol 8.5 mg, Fat 3.4 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 219.9 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON, ONION, AND GARLIC
This is a family favorite that is put into every cookbook for my kids when they move out and get married. It is a beautiful dish with many colors and full of flavor. Warning, it is addictive.
Provided by Kathi Richards Smith
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place the bacon in a large stockpot and cook over medium-high heat until crispy, about 10 minutes. Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion caramelizes; about 10 minutes. Immediately stir in the cabbage and continue to cook and stir another 10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 194.1 calories, Carbohydrate 15.5 g, Cholesterol 19 mg, Fat 12.9 g, Fiber 5.8 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 1434.9 mg, Sugar 7.9 g
SERIOUSLY GOOD BACON FRIED CABBAGE
Bacon makes this simple fried cabbage crave-worthy. As the cabbage cooks in the pan, it wilts, turns tender, and becomes sweet. White cabbage is our favorite for this, but other cabbage varieties will work. Keep in mind, though, that Napa cabbage will release more moisture and won't brown as nicely in the pan. We love using peppered bacon for extra flavor, but your favorite type of bacon will also work.
Provided by Adam and Joanne Gallagher
Categories Side Dish
Yield Makes about 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Add bacon, in one layer, to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until the fat renders and the bacon is crispy; 6 to 8 minutes. Take the pan off of the heat, and then use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a bowl and save for later.
- Remove all the bacon fat from the pan except for one tablespoon. (Leave more or less, depending on your preference. One tablespoon tastes great, but doesn't make the cabbage greasy.)
- Place the pan back onto medium-high heat then add the cabbage, garlic, red pepper flakes, and the salt. It might seem like too much cabbage for the pan, but as it cooks, the cabbage will wilt down.
- Cook, occasionally stirring until the cabbage is tender and some of the cabbage begins to turn light brown; 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the mustard, apple cider vinegar, and the reserved cooked bacon. Taste then adjust with more salt, pepper, and vinegar as needed.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1/4 of the recipe, Calories 160, Fat 9.1g, SaturatedFat 2.9g, Cholesterol 14mg, Sodium 350.3mg, Carbohydrate 15.4g, Fiber 7.3g, Sugar 5.5g, Protein 7.7g
FRIED CABBAGE AND BACON WITH ONION
This is a fantastic comfort food recipe!One thing about comfort foods is that you can add a little of this and a little of that, to absolutely make it your comfort food. Feel free to add your special ingredient!
Provided by FLUFFSTER
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cut the cabbage into quarters. Remove any wilted or discolored outer leaves. Cut out the core from the cabbge quarters. Cut into large 1-inch dice.
- Cook the bacon and onion in a 4-quart pan over medium heat until bacon is crisp, and the onion is wilted.
- Remove the bacon and onion to paper towels to drain. There should be about 1/2 cup of bacon drippings in the pan.
- Add the cabbage to these drippings and cook without stirring until it begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the water, sugar, salt and pepper and cook until the cabbage is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Crumble the cooked bacon into the cabbage and serve hot.
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON AND GARLIC
This is a family favorite that is put into every cookbook for my kids when they move out and get married. It is a beautiful dish with many colors and full of flavor. Warning, it is addictive. If you are on a diet or just looking for a vegetable in your meal, then this bacon-fried cabbage recipe will fill you up.
Provided by Topher Zenishek
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and crispy, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels and remove most of the bacon grease from the skillet.
- Add oil to the skillet and heat over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add cabbage, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes; cook and stir until cabbage is tender, 10 to 15 minutes. If you prefer softer cabbage, cover the skillet while cooking to give it some steam.
- Crumble bacon into the skillet and mix with the cabbage until well combined.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188.9 calories, Carbohydrate 11.4 g, Cholesterol 27.3 mg, Fat 11.4 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 11.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 795.7 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
FRIED CABBAGE II
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Remove bacon, and set aside.
- Cook onion in the hot bacon grease until tender. Add cabbage, and stir in water, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cook until cabbage wilts, about 15 minutes. Stir in bacon. Splash with vinegar before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 47.1 calories, Carbohydrate 5.2 g, Cholesterol 5.1 mg, Fat 2 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 113.6 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON, ONION & GARLIC
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy and cooked through.
- Remove the bacon and place it on paper towels to drain. Chop into crumbles.
- Stir onion into the skillet with the bacon grease and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Now add the garlic powder and cabbage immediately and continue cooking for another ten minutes, or until softened.
- Add the bacon crumbles on top, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir to combine, lessen the flame and cook for another couple of minutes or until the liquid evaporates, and keep stirring at regular intervals.
- Taste and re-season if needed. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419.6, Fat 34.3, SaturatedFat 11.4, Cholesterol 51.4, Sodium 677.2, Carbohydrate 17.5, Fiber 6.8, Sugar 9.1, Protein 12.3
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON
This is delicious! From my friend Miranda's kitchen--just can't get enough! Perfect to serve over rice. It's really good leftover, too! Can be prepared without mushrooms and onions.
Provided by CycloneMommy
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Sauté mushrooms, onion, and garlic in vegetable oil.
- Cook bacon in large fry pan, remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Place cabbage in fry pan with bacon grease, stir until cabbage is coated with bacon grease. Cook slightly, salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine ground beef and sauté mixture into the cabbage pan. Cook until cabbage is slightly crisp.
- Crumble bacon and add to mixture, stir.
- Serve over rice if desired. Salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 855.8, Fat 68.7, SaturatedFat 23.7, Cholesterol 154.3, Sodium 1079, Carbohydrate 21.6, Fiber 7.8, Sugar 12.5, Protein 40.1
More about "fried cabbage with bacon recipes"
HOW TO MAKE SOUTHERN BACON FRIED CABBAGE | TASTE OF …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON RECIPE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON RECIPE - BELLE OF THE KITCHEN
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON (ONE POT) | ONE POT RECIPES
EASY IRISH FRIED CABBAGE AND BACON - SUGAR AND SOUL
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON RECIPE - SWEET CS DESIGNS
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON (VIDEO) – KALYN'S KITCHEN
SOUTHERN FRIED CABBAGE AND BACON - ADVENTURES OF A …
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON - EASY LOW CARB
FRIED CABBAGE & BACON - A SOUTHERN SOUL
EASY FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON - CURBING CARBS
COUNTRY FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON - A GOOD LIFE FARM
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON (KETO + LOW CARB) - THE BEST KETO RECIPES
SOUTHERN FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON - BLACKPEOPLESRECIPES.COM
SOUTHERN FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON RECIPE | SOUTHERN PLATE
FRIED CABBAGE - MAMA LOVES FOOD
EASY FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON RECIPE - BAKE ME SOME SUGAR
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON - FLAVOR MOSAIC
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON - DINNER AT THE ZOO
FRIED CABBAGE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
SIMPLE SKILLET FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON, SAUSAGE, & BELL PEPPERS
SOUTHERN STYLE FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON - COMFORTABLE FOOD
BACON FRIED CABBAGE IS THE EASIEST LOW-CARB SIDE
FRIED CABBAGE RECIPE - CHICKEN FRIED KITCHEN
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON, ONION, AND GARLIC - PROVEN …
FRIED CABBAGE AND BACON - GONNA WANT SECONDS
FRIED CABBAGE WITH ONIONS AND BACON - ALL WE COOK
EASY BACON FRIED CABBAGE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
BACON FRIED CABBAGE - THE COUNTRY COOK
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON - COOKING LSL
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON RECIPE - HOME CHEF WORLD
FRIED CABBAGE - CAFE DELITES
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON - WHERE IS MY SPOON
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON, ONION, AND GARLIC – GRANDMA'S RECIPE
EASY FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON - BELLY FULL
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON | TRAEGER GRILLS
THE BEST FRIED CABBAGE WITH CRISPY BACON - LOW CARB WITH JENNIFER
EASY FRIED CABBAGE RECIPE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #beef #rice #vegetables #american #dietary #one-dish-meal #comfort-food #low-carb #midwestern #ground-beef #low-in-something #meat #pasta-rice-and-grains #white-rice #greens #taste-mood
You'll also love