HEALTHIER FROYO COOKIE SANDWICHES RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: greek yogurt, honey, vanilla bean, rolled oats, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, egg, baking soda, salt, dark chocolate chips
Provided by Mercedes Sandoval
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C.)
- Combine the Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla in a bowl. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for 2 hours, or until consistency is thick and creamy but still scoopable.
- Add the rolled oats to a bowl of a food processor and pulse until it becomes a flour-like consistency.
- Combine coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl. Add in oats, baking soda, and a pinch of salt and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, form 8 balls of cookie dough and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using your hands or the back of a spoon, press down firmly on each ball to form a cookie shape. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes. While the cookies are cooling, you may want to remove ice cream from the freezer and let sit out to soften.
- Flip cookies over so the flat sides are facing up. Add one scoop of frozen yogurt to 4 of the cookies. Use the remaining 4 cookies to form sandwiches by placing on top of the ice cream scoop and pressing down very gently to slowly spread out the ice cream. Feel free to use a spoon to smooth out the ice cream instead.
- Freeze for 1 hour, or to your liking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 886 calories, Carbohydrate 109 grams, Fat 40 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 24 grams, Sugar 57 grams
- Lightly grease a 9-by-5-inch aluminum loaf pan with cooking spray. Line the pan with plastic wrap on all sides, leaving a 2-inch overhang; the cooking spray will help the plastic stick directly to the sides of the pan.
- In a food processor, pulse the chocolate wafers until very fine, like sand. Add the chocolate sauce and pulse a few more times until the mixture comes together. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and firmly press into the bottom of the pan to create a crust. Freeze for 30 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, remove the chocolate-chocolate chip gelato from the freezer to soften. After 30 minutes, remove the loaf pan from the freezer and spread the chocolate gelato over the crust; use a small offset or rubber spatula to spread the gelato into a flat, even layer. Return the loaf pan to the freezer for another 30 minutes. Meanwhile, let the vanilla bean gelato soften at room temperature.
- When the vanilla gelato has softened, transfer it to a bowl and stir in the sliced Amarena cherries, the Amarena syrup and the red food coloring if using. Mix until the cherries are evenly dispersed and the food coloring is completely incorporated. Remove the loaf pan from the freezer and evenly spread the cherry gelato over the chocolate gelato. Place back in the freezer for at least 1 hour more; it takes longer for the cherry layer to set.
- Thirty minutes before the cherry layer is set, remove the pistachio gelato from the freezer to soften. When softened, spread in an even layer over the cherry gelato; the pistachio layer should come up nearly to the top of the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove the plastic wrap from the top of the pan and invert the spumoni onto a cutting board. Gently lift the loaf pan away and remove the remaining plastic wrap. Slice the spumoni into 3/4-inch slices, using a chef's knife dipped in warm water; dip the knife in the warm water between each slice. Serve immediately.
- Unwrap crisps, and place on large platter, bottom sides up. Spread about 1 tablespoon yogurt over bottom side of each crisp.
- Freeze 15 minutes; remove from freezer, and make 8 sandwiches by pressing 2 yogurt-covered sides together. Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170, Carbohydrate 27 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 130 mg, Sugar 13 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "fro yo sammies recipes"
15 HEALTHY RECIPES FOR NO-BAKE DESSERTS - LIFE BY DAILY …
16 SECRETLY HEALTHY MEMORIAL DAY RECIPES - LIFE BY …
70 EASY RECIPES YOUR KIDS CAN MAKE ALL BY THEMSELVES
RECIPES ARCHIVE - KEMPS
SAMMIE'S RECIPES COOKBOOK RECIPES OF SAMMIE: A 100 RECIPE …
Author McMatte Arts Family Kitchen ProductionFormat Paperback
THE ULTIMATE FRO-YO RECIPE BOOK: DISCOVER THE CREAMIEST AND …
Reviews 1Format PaperbackAuthor Allie Allen
FROZEN YOUGURT PIE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
OREO CARAMEL FROZEN YOGURT CAKE RECIPE - PIP AND EBBY
31 REASONS TO CELEBRATE BILLIE EILISH’S GO-TO FRO-YO SHOP | VEGNEWS
FRO-YO POPS - BIGOVEN.COM
FRO-YO FRIDAY - RUN EAT REPEAT
CRISPY PROSCIUTTO BREAKFAST SAMMIES - BROKE AND COOKING
3 TASTY RECIPES FOR NATIONAL FROZEN YOGURT DAY 2018
ZIGGY'S FROZEN YOGURT – OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK, 1-7PM!
ATHENS GRILL - FRO-YO SAMMIES! SAY WHHHAAAAT!?! TRY ONE OF.
840 RECIPE - SAMMIES IDEAS IN 2022 | COOKING RECIPES, RECIPES, …
CHOCO SAMMIES | CHOCOLATE RECIPES FROM GUITTARD CHOCOLATE CO
FROZEN YOGURT - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
RECIPE: BANANA CARAMEL & WALNUT FRO-YO SANDWICHES - BEST …
SNACK ARCHIVES - PAGE 6 OF 6 - MACROSTAX
10 WAYS TO USE PASSOVER SEDER LEFTOVERS | ALLRECIPES
21 SAMMIES IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES, RECIPES, FOOD
HEALTHY CHIPWICH SANDWICH RECIPE « CLEAN & DELICIOUS
SUNSHINE SAMMIES RECIPE | DELICIOUS RECIPES
I SCREAM SANDWICHES! - THE COWGIRL GOURMET IN SANTA FE
SAMMIE SANDWICH RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SAMMY'S WOODFIRED PIZZA MISSION VALLEY - THERESCIPES.INFO
FRO-YO SAMMIES | RECIPE | FROZEN DESSERT RECIPE, EASY …
SAMMIES - 34 PHOTOS & 25 REVIEWS - SANDWICHES - YELP
SCOTCHAROO COFFEE SAMMIES - KEMPS
VANILLA LI'L SAMMICH - CHAPMAN'S ICE CREAM
CELEBRATE SUMMER WITH THESE QUICK NO-BAKE SUMMER DESSERT …
YOU DON'T NEED AN ICE CREAM MAKER FOR NO-CHURN MANGO BERRY …
EGG SAMMIE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
KROGER MINI ICE CREAM SAMMIES - VANILLA CALORIES AND NUTRITIONAL ...
HAMMIE SAMMIES RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
You'll also love