"We all need to get more fruits and vegetables into our daily diet, and this dish is a great-tasting way to do it," says Linda Stevens of Madison, Alabama.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a small bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, oranges and apple. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over coleslaw mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 125 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 7mg cholesterol, Sodium 173mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
This tangy sweet side dish is so tasty, you can add just a pinch of salt or non at all. It's a favorite at picnics and potlucks. For fun, try varying the fruits by substituting apples, cherries or raisins. -Susan Skinner-Martin, Sandusky, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Ia large bowl, combine the yogurt, honey, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the fruit cocktail, blueberries, strawberries and banana. Stir in coleslaw mix. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 109 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 121mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cabbage, pineapple, apple, marshmallows, celery, peaches, mayonnaise, and salt. Toss until the mixture in well coated with the mayonnaise. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170.1 calories, Carbohydrate 23.8 g, Cholesterol 4.2 mg, Fat 8.9 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 191.2 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
FRUITED PEANUT COLESLAW
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160, Carbohydrate 10 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 170 mg, Sugar 6 g, TransFat 0 g
TRIPLE FRUIT COLESLAW
A sweet & sour version of coleslaw that has been a big hit with my family & friends. I found this recipe in my local newspaper and adjusted it a bit to meet our needs. Prepared recipe makes about 12 servings. **Update 2/10** Once I read the review I realized I should have stated that due to the fruits within this coleslaw - it truly does not store well after 2 days. Adjust servings as needed to meet your needs.
Provided by HokiesMom
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice in a bowl.
- Cut the apple into small cubes.
- Combine the coleslaw mix, pineapple tidbits, cubed apple, chopped celery and dried cranberries in a large bowl - mixing well.
- In a small bowl or 2 cup measure, blend together the mayonnaise, vinegar and the 3 tablespoons of reserved pineapple juice.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over the coleslaw mixture and toss gently to mix it well.
- Cover and chill for 2-4 hours.
- Before serving, toss the coleslaw gently.
A unique twist on an old favorite. Strawberries, pineapple, galia melon, honeydew, and red grapes julienned and finished with lemon and lime juice. The small pieces allow you to get a burst of the combined fruits in one amazing bite.
Provided by T Mc
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Julienne pineapple, honeydew, galia melon, grapes, and strawberries.
- Combine fruit in a large bowl and squeeze lemon and lime juice on top, making sure citrus seeds don't get added. Toss gently until well blended. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 52.2 calories, Carbohydrate 13.5 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 0.9 g, Sodium 12.1 mg, Sugar 10 g
- In a large bowl, put cabbage, apples and walnuts.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Add this dressing to the cabbage mix. Stir to coat well.
More about "fruited coleslaw recipes"
FRUITY COLESLAW | PALEO LEAP
LEVI ROOTS' HOT AND FRUITY CARIBBEAN COLESLAW
FRUITED COLE SLAW RECIPE | HIDDEN VALLEY® RANCH
9 MOST POPULAR COLESLAW RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
FRUITED COLE SLAW - BIGOVEN
FRUIT COLESLAW RECIPES - CDKITCHEN
FRUITED COLESLAW | RECIPESTY
COLESLAW RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
POPPY SEED FRUITED SLAW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
48 BEST HOMEMADE SLAWS - MYRECIPES
SWEET FRUITED COLESLAW - KARO
SWEET FRUITED COLESLAW - BAKEGOOD
HAWAIIAN PINEAPPLE COLESLAW RECIPE - COPYKAT RECIPES
COLESLAW RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
FRUITED COLESLAW RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
FRUITED COLESLAW RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
FRUIT COLE SLAW – CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
COLESLAW RECIPE | PANLASANG PINOY RECIPES™
10 BEST FRUIT COLESLAW RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
CITRUS FRUIT SLAW WITH STRAWBERRY VINAIGRETTE - TRACY ANDERSON
FRUITED COLESLAW RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
THE BEST COLESLAW RECIPE - EASY & DELICIOUS | MOM ON TIMEOUT
FRUITED PASTA SLAW, FRUITED SLAW RECIPE, SALAD RECIPE | JIMMY'S
FRUIT COLESLAW - HAVE A PLANT
TROPICAL COLESLAW - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
FRUIT SLAW SALAD RECIPE - COLESLAW WITH A TWIST - MAMA LIKES TO …
FRUITED COLESLAW - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
20 EASY COLESLAW RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE COLESLAW
COLESLAW FRUIT - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
FRUITED COLESLAW - PLAIN.RECIPES
FRUITED PEANUT COLESLAW - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
10 BEST FRUIT COLESLAW RECIPES | YUMMLY
FRUITED COLESLAW RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
FRUITED COLESLAW RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
FRUITY COLESLAW WITH APPLE AND RAISINS | THIS LITTLE HOME
FRUITY COLESLAW - NUTMEG NOTEBOOK
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #salads #vegetables #easy #beginner-cook #potluck #dietary #gluten-free #free-of-something #to-go #presentation #served-cold #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best recipe for Blueberry coleslaw?Directions. Ia large bowl, combine the yogurt, honey, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the fruit cocktail, blueberries, strawberries and banana. Stir in coleslaw mix. Serve immediately.
How do you make coleslaw with yogurt?Ia large bowl, combine the yogurt, honey, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the fruit cocktail, blueberries, strawberries and banana. Stir in coleslaw mix. Serve immediately.
What are the ingredients in a coleslaw mix?Ingredients 1 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt 2 1/2 cup honey 3 1/4 cup white vinegar 4 3 tablespoons lemon juice 5 1/2 teaspoon salt 6 1/8 teaspoon pepper 7 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar fruit cocktail, drained 8 2 cups blueberries 9 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries 10 1 medium ripe banana, sliced 11 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix More ...
How to make pineapple coleslaw with pineapple juice?DIRECTIONS Drain pineapple, reserving the juice in a bowl. Cut the apple into small cubes. Combine the coleslaw mix, pineapple tidbits, cubed apple, chopped celery and dried cranberries in a large bowl - mixing well. In a small bowl or 2 cup measure, blend together the mayonnaise, vinegar and the 3 tablespoons of reserved pineapple juice.