EASY FUN-SIZE CORN DOGS
Not only are these corn dogs easy and fun, but because we're doing them in the oven and not deep frying them, they are way, way less messy to make. Above and beyond all of that, I thought the timing was perfect for these, since pretty much every carnival and fair got canceled this year. Serve with mustard and ketchup.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Cut each hot dog into 6 pieces.
- Pour egg, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, sugar, and milk into a mixing bowl; whisk until combined. Add white vinegar, cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, and cayenne. Whisk briskly until ingredients are combined and batter is relatively thin and overmixed. Set batter aside for 10 minutes before using.
- Meanwhile, brush two 12-cup mini muffin tins with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Fill the prepared muffin cups to about 1/8 inch from the top. Gently push a piece of hot dog into the center of each one.
- Bake in the preheated oven until nicely browned, about 18 minutes. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 103.9 calories, Carbohydrate 10.5 g, Cholesterol 13.6 mg, Fat 5.6 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 2.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 224.6 mg, Sugar 2 g
Prepare corn dogs at home just like you'd get at the fair. Both kids and grown-ups will love this hearty corn dog batter. —Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour and egg. Stir in milk to make a thick batter; let stand 4 minutes. Insert sticks into hot dogs; dip into batter. , In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry corn dogs, a few at a time, until golden brown, 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 316 calories, Fat 23g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 45mg cholesterol, Sodium 588mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
DAD'S HOMEMADE CORN DOGS
- Combine cornmeal, flour, white sugar, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl; stir in milk and egg until batter is smooth. Refrigerate until batter is chilled.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook hot dogs until heated through, about 7 minutes. Let hot dogs rest for 10 minutes and dry hot dogs on a paper towel.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Insert 1 skewer into each hot dog.
- Pour batter into a large drinking glass. Dip hot dogs into the batter until well coated.
- Fry 2 to 3 hot dogs at a time in the hot oil until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 545 calories, Carbohydrate 35.5 g, Cholesterol 71.3 mg, Fat 38 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 15 g, SaturatedFat 11.9 g, Sodium 1347 mg, Sugar 8 g
INDIANA-STYLE CORN DOGS
One of the best parts of the many fairs and festivals in Indiana is the corn dogs! My family loves corn dogs, so I fix them fairly often at home. -Sally Denney, Warsaw, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a bowl, whisk the first 8 ingredients. Whisk in egg and milk just until blended. Transfer batter to a tall drinking glass., In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Insert skewers into hot dogs. Dip hot dogs into batter; allow excess batter to drip off. Fry corn dogs, a few at a time, 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299 calories, Fat 21g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 47mg cholesterol, Sodium 805mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
More about "fun and easy corn dogs at home recipes"
THE BEST HOMEMADE CORN DOGS RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
4.2/5 (4)Total Time 35 minsCategory Dinner, Main CourseCalories 241 per serving
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cornmeal, salt, sugar, and baking powder together. In another bowl, or large liquid measuring cup, whisk the egg, honey, buttermilk and milk together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine thoroughly. The batter will be thick, but smooth enough to evenly coat the hot dog once it has been dipped.
- Fill a tall drinking glass with batter. Dip the hot dogs all the way in the glass, going straight down and giving it a twirl in the glass. As you remove the hot dog, twirl it around to avoid leaving any air bubbles. If you see any bubbles or bare spots on the hot dog, dip it again.
HOW TO MAKE EASY HOMEMADE CORN DOGS: A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
CORN DOGS RECIPE | DISHIN' WITH DI - COOKING SHOW *RECIPES
EASY HOMEMADE MINI CORN DOGS RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
EASY DISNEYLAND CORN DOGS - THE BEST CORN DOG RECIPE! - PICKY …
DIY HALLOWEEN DOG TREATS: FUN & FESTIVE SNACKS TO MAKE AT HOME
HOW TO MAKE CORN DOGS | EASY HOMEMADE CORN DOG RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CORN DOGS BETTER THAN THE FAIR’S - TASTE …
EASY HOMEMADE MINI CORN DOGS - JUST A TASTE
EASY HOMEMADE CORN DOGS - 4 SONS 'R' US
EASY CORN DOGS RECIPE | QUAKER OATS
CORN DOGS RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
EASY PANCAKE MIX CORN DOGS | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
HOMEMADE MINI CORN DOGS RECIPE! FUN AND EASY RECIPE!
HOMEMADE CORN DOGS RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
CREAM THE - GFC.MASSAGE-TEIA.DE
EASY HOMEMADE CORN DOGS - CHEF IN TRAINING
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make corn dogs at home?Homemade corn dogs are crispy golden on the outside and perfectly cooked on the inside. These are super easy to make at home and the whole family is going to love how they taste! Heat about 2 inches of oil in a large pot or dutch oven to 350 degrees. Prep your hot dogs by patting them dry with paper towels and inserting the sticks. Set aside.
How do you cook corn dogs in an electric fryer?Directions. In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour and egg. Stir in milk to make a thick batter; let stand 4 minutes. Insert sticks into hot dogs; dip in batter. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to (375°). Fry corn dogs, a few at a time, about 8-6 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
How do you make cornbread hot dogs?Insert the sticks about halfway into the hot dogs. Pat the hot dogs dry with a paper towel. Pour the cornbread batter into a tall glass. Dip a hot dog all the way into the batter until it's coated, then transfer the hot dog to the pot of oil. Cook the hot dog for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
What is the best recipe for a cornbread?In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the egg and milk. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined using a spoon or spatula. (See Kelly’s Note.) Add 4 inches of oil to a large, heavy-bottomed stock pot.