GARBANZO BEAN CHOCOLATE CAKE (GLUTEN FREE!)
A very good high-protein alternative to flourless chocolate cake. Give it a try!
Provided by CCUMMINS
Categories Desserts Cakes Sheet Cake Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Place the chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds after the first minute, until chocolate is melted and smooth. If you have a powerful microwave, reduce the power to 50 percent.
- Combine the beans and eggs in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Add the sugar and the baking powder, and pulse to blend. Pour in the melted chocolate and blend until smooth, scraping down the corners to make sure chocolate is completely mixed. Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 229 calories, Carbohydrate 36.8 g, Cholesterol 62 mg, Fat 8.5 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 5.2 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 180.4 mg, Sugar 24.7 g
ORANGE SPICE GARBANZO CAKE
Spicy and moist, you won't believe this cake contains garbanzo beans (chickpeas). The batter is runny so don't worry.
Provided by Jaz
Categories Desserts Fruit Dessert Recipes Orange Dessert Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square cake pan or line with parchment paper.
- Process garbanzo beans in a food processor until smooth. Add cinnamon and cloves and pulse until combined. Add eggs, sugar, baking powder, and orange zest; process until just combined. Stir orange juice into garbanzo mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 105 calories, Carbohydrate 19.4 g, Cholesterol 55.8 mg, Fat 1.9 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 215 mg, Sugar 11.7 g
CHOCOLATE GARBANZO BEAN CAKE
I actually saw this mentioned on a Weight Watchers board and found the recipe online. I didn't find it on RecipeZarr, so I thought I would add it. My friend calls it Chocolate F*rt Cake! It is different and one way to get some fiber in your diet. I am sure you could play around with an egg substitute and Splenda.
Provided by beth2440
Yield 1 cake, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Puree in food processor till smooth the beans and eggs.
- Add the baking powder and sugar, pulse till smooth.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, stirring often till smooth.
- Add to food processor, pulse till smooth.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Dust with sugar if you like.
- *I could not find a 19oz can of beans, so I used about 2 cups.
- *I also added a splash of vanilla flavoring.
- *I also 'floured" my pan with dark cocoa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227, Fat 8.5, SaturatedFat 4.3, Cholesterol 70.5, Sodium 175, Carbohydrate 36.1, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 24.1, Protein 5.2
I have not made this recipe myself. It is from a Mexican cookbook that I keep in my classroom. I have had students make this recipe in the past, and it is moist and delicious. You would never guess that it contained garbanzo beans (chick peas) The cookbook describes the cake's texture to be like that of Christmas pudding. It suggests slicing in thin slices and serving with fresh mango or pineapple and a spoonful of yogurt. We tried it plain, in thicker slices, and it was delicious. It contains no flour, so it would be perfect for wheat-free diets. The recipe states that it serves 6, but since it is a whole loaf, I've changed it to 12 servings.
Provided by SrtaMaestra
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 1 loaf, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain the chickpeas thoroughly in a colander, and rub them between the palms of your hands to loosen and remove the skins.
- After separating and discarding the skins, place the chickpeas in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Spoon the puree into a bowl and stir in the eggs, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, orange zest, and orange juice.
- Grease and flour a 1 pound loaf pan.
- Pour the cake mixture into the loaf pan. Level the surface and bake 1 1/2 hours, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven, and let stand in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, place on wire rack, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar topping to taste. Reserve remaining cinnamon sugar (if any) for another use.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 166.3, Fat 2.2, SaturatedFat 0.6, Cholesterol 70.5, Sodium 195.1, Carbohydrate 32.9, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 21.6, Protein 4.5
GARBANZO CAKES WITH TOMATO SAUCE
Skillet-cooked until crisp and golden brown, these tasty garbanzo cakes are served with cinnamon-spiced tomato sauce.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Process crackers in food processor until fine crumbs form. Add chickpeas, egg and half the onion; process just until blended. Transfer to bowl. Add cheese; mix just until blended. Shape into 12 patties, using about 1/4 cup for each.
- Heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add 6 patties; cook 5 min. on each side or until crisp and golden brown on both sides. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining patties.
- Meanwhile, slice remaining onion. Cook in medium skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat 5 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Stir in tomato sauce. Add cinnamon stick. Bring to boil; simmer on medium-low heat 5 min., stirring occasionally. Remove and discard cinnamon stick.
- Serve patties topped with sauce and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 880 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 10 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 16 g
More about "garbanzo cake recipes"
10 BEST GARBANZO BEAN CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
APPLE AND GARBANZO CAKE (GLUTEN FREE) | RECIPE | DESSERTS, BEAN …
GARBANZO CAKE CHOCOLATE - COOKEATSHARE
GARBANZO BEAN CAKE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
GARBANZO RAISIN CAKE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
ORANGE SPICE GARBANZO CAKE | RECIPESTY
CHICKPEA AND CORN CAKES - SAVORY
25 BEST CHICKPEA FLOUR RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
10 BEST CHICKPEA CAKES RECIPES | YUMMLY
APPLE AND GARBANZO CAKE (GLUTEN FREE) - I BREATHE I'M HUNGRY
CHICKPEA POUNDCAKE - PATI JINICH
CHICKPEA CAKES | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
20 MUST-TRY RECIPES FOR GARBANZO BEANS - FAST AND FUN …
VEGAN CHICKPEA FLOUR CHOCOLATE CAKE | POWERHUNGRY®
CINNAMON APPLE CHICKPEA CAKE | EASY & DELICIOUS | VEGKITCHEN
SWEET GARBANZO BEANS CAKE | BUSH’S® BEANS
CHICKPEA CAKES - GARBANZO - KAYLA'S KITCHEN
GARBANZO BEAN CHOCOLATE CAKE THAT’S GLUTEN, EGG, DAIRY, REFINED …
10 BEST GARBANZO BEAN CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
PASTELES DE GARBANZOS (CHICKPEA PIES) - MY COLOMBIAN RECIPES
GARBANZO BEAN CAKE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CHOCOLATE ORANGE GARBANZO BEAN CAKE (GLUTEN FREE)
11 RECIPES TO MAKE WITH CANNED CHICKPEAS - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
CHICKPEA FLOUR CAKE - A SWEET ALTERNATIVE
APPLE AND GARBANZO CAKE (GLUTEN FREE) | RECIPE | BEAN CAKES, …
GARBANZO BAKE RECIPE - THE HENRY FORD
CHICKPEA POUND CAKE - THERESCIPES.INFO
GARBANZO & BLACK BEAN CAKES WITH CUCUMBER YOGURT SAUCE
LEMONY GARBANZO BEAN CAKE | VEGWEB.COM, THE WORLD'S LARGEST …
SWEET GARBANZO BEAN FLOURLESS CAKE - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
30 BEST CHICKPEA RECIPES — HOW TO MAKE GARBANZO BEANS
CRISPY BAKED LEMON CHICKPEA CAKES - COOKING FOR KEEPS
CHICKPEA POUND CAKE RECIPE: OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
QUICK HEALTHY CHICKPEA CAKES - NEILS HEALTHY MEALS
325 EASY AND TASTY CHICKPEA CAKE RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
GARBANZO CAKE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook garbanzo bean chocolate cake?Garbanzo Bean Chocolate Cake (Gluten Free!) Cal Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch round cake pan. Place the chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds after the first minute, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
How to make chocolate chickpea cake?Chocolate Chickpea Cake Print Yields: 8 servings Ingredients 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained 4 eggs ¾ cup granulated sugar 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional) ½ teaspoon baking powder powdered sugar (for serving) Instructions Preheat oven to 350°F.
What can I make with garbanzo beans?Check out these different recipes for garbanzo beans that the whole family will love! A super easy chicken chili recipe made in a slow cooker! All you need to prepare this recipe are black beans, light kidney beans, garbanzo beans, dark kidney beans, mild salsa, tomato basil pasta sauce, and roasted pepper and tomato bisque soup.
Where does garbanzo come from?The current form garbanzo comes directly from modern Spanish. Cicer reticulatum is the wild progenitor of chickpeas, and currently only grows in southeast Turkey, where they are believed to have been domesticated.