GARLIC-ROSEMARY ROAST CHICKEN
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a roasting pan and rack with cooking spray. Combine rosemary, garlic and salt in a bowl. Remove giblets and neck from chicken and trim off all visible fat. Starting at the neck cavity, gently loosen skin from breasts and drumsticks; spread rosemary mixture evenly under skin. Tuck wing tips under back of chicken; tie ends of drumsticks together with twine. Season with additional salt and black pepper to taste; place breast side up in pan. Roast, basting twice with pan juices, until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh (and not touching bone) reads 175°F, about 1 3/4 hours. Let stand 10 minutes before carving. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and lemon slices, if desired, and serve.
GARLIC ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN
This recipe for Garlic Rosemary Roasted Chicken turns a whole chicken into tender, succulent goodness! If you're looking for an easy recipe to roast a whole chicken, this is it! The garlic and rosemary work perfectly with meat to create a melange of savory goodness. Low-carb and Keto-friendly.
Provided by Annissa Slusher
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 375º Fahrenheit. Mix the sea salt, garlic and fresh rosemary in a small bowl.
- Pat the chicken dry. Rub the garlic-rosemary mixture all over the chicken. Pull up the skin and slide your hand between the skin and the breast to get some of the mixture closer to the meat.
- Place chicken on a roasting rack. Roast chicken for about 20 minutes per pound. Chicken is done when a thermometer reads between 165º and 185º Fahrenheit when inserted into the thickest part of the thigh.
- Allow the chicken to rest 10-15 minutes after removing from the oven. After it has rested, carve chicken and serve.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 7 ounces, Calories 419 kcal, Protein 33 g, Fat 28 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Cholesterol 131 mg, Sodium 1010 mg, UnsaturatedFat 1 g
GARLIC ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN
Make and share this Garlic Rosemary Roasted Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by lazyme
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken.
- Rinse chicken under cold water; pat dry.
- Trim excess fat.
- Starting at neck cavity, loosen skin from breast and drumsticks by inserting fingers and gently pushing fingers between skin and meat.
- Place rosemary and crushed garlic beneath skin of breast and drumsticks.
- Lift wing tips up and over back; tuck under chicken.
- Place chicken, breast side up, on a broiler pan.
- Cut a thin slice from end of each onion.
- Remove white papery skins from garlic heads (do not peel or separate cloves).
- Cut tops off garlic heads, leaving root end intact.
- Insert meat thermometer into meaty part of thigh, making sure not to touch bone.
- Bake at 450ºF for 30 minutes.
- Brush onions and garlic heads with olive oil.
- Arrange onions and garlic heads around chicken.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF, bake an additional 1 hour 15 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 180ºF.
- Cover chicken loosely with foil; let stand 10 minutes.
- Discard skin from chicken.
- Squeeze roasted heads of garlic to extract pulp; serve as a spread on French bread, if desired.
GARLIC ROAST CHICKEN WITH ROSEMARY AND LEMON
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Arrange chicken in a baking dish, 9 by 13-inch. Add garlic, rosemary, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon zest and grill seasoning or salt and pepper to the dish. Toss and coat the chicken with all ingredients, then place in oven. Roast 20 minutes. Add wine and lemon juice to the dish and combine with pan juices. Return to oven and turn oven off. Let stand 5 minutes longer then remove chicken from the oven. Place baking dish on trivet and serve, spooning pan juices over the chicken pieces.
LEMON AND GARLIC ROAST CHICKEN
For dinner tonight, try Ina Garten's Lemon and Garlic Roast Chicken recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 3 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken giblets. Rinse the chicken inside and out. Remove any excess fat and leftover pinfeathers and pat the outside dry. Place the chicken in a large roasting pan. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Stuff the cavity with the thyme, reserving enough thyme to garnish the chicken dish, 1 lemon, halved, and 2 halves of the garlic. Brush the outside of the chicken with the butter and sprinkle again with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Cut 2 of the lemons in quarters and scatter the quarters and remaining garlic around the chicken. Lay the bacon slices over the chicken to cover.
- Roast the chicken for 1 hour. Remove the bacon slices from the top of the chicken and set aside. Continue roasting the chicken for an additional 1/2 hour, or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh. Remove to a platter and cover with aluminum foil while you prepare the gravy.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from the bottom of the pan. Add the wine and chicken stock and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, or until reduced by half.
- Slice the chicken on a platter. Garnish the chicken platter with the bacon slices, roasted garlic, reserved thyme and 1 lemon, sliced. Serve with the gravy.
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH ROSEMARY
Herbs, garlic and butter give this hearty meal in one a classic flavor. It's a lot like pot roast, except it uses chicken instead of beef. -Isabel Zienkosky, Salt Lake City, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in the seasonings and garlic. Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; tie drumsticks together with kitchen string. Spoon half of the butter mixture over chicken. Place the potatoes, carrots and onions around chicken. Drizzle remaining butter mixture over vegetables. , Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Baste with cooking juices; bake 30-60 minutes longer, basting occasionally, until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. (Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly.), Let stand 10-15 minutes, tented with foil if necessary, before carving. Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 449 calories, Fat 28g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 126mg cholesterol, Sodium 479mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 33g protein.
ROSEMARY-GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN AND GNOCCHI
The classic combination of chicken, potatoes, rosemary, garlic and lemon dazzles in this sheet-pan meal. Standing in for the potatoes are shelf-stable potato gnocchi, which offer many textures at once when roasted instead of boiled: pillowy-soft, crisp and chewy. Squeeze some lemon right onto the sheet pan, and as you scrape up the schmaltzy, garlicky bits, the juices and drippings glaze the gnocchi, leaving no drop of the chicken's renderings wasted. It's hard not to eat the gnocchi right from the pan, but if you can wait, serve everything alongside a green salad.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Categories dinner, weeknight, poultry, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Pat the chicken dry, then transfer to a sheet pan and season all over with 1½ teaspoons salt and a few grinds of pepper. In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic and rosemary with a fork. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the oil mixture and the gnocchi to the chicken. Toss with your hands to coat, massaging the garlic and rosemary into the chicken and gnocchi. Arrange the gnocchi in an even layer, and place the chicken skin side up on top of the gnocchi. Roast until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to plates and finely grate the zest of half the lemon over the chicken. Squeeze the juice of half the lemon onto the gnocchi (about 1½ tablespoons), then use a spoon to scrape up the browned bits on the sheet pan and toss the gnocchi in the lemon juice and pan drippings. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cut the remaining lemon into wedges. Eat the chicken with the gnocchi and a lemon wedge for squeezing over.
GARLIC AND ROSEMARY LEMON-ROASTED CHICKEN
This roasted chicken recipe is a family favorite. Cooks juicy, tender chicken every time.
Provided by Shaelyn
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Roll the lemon and cut in half lengthwise. Slice one half into quarters and set the other half aside for baking and basting. Cut onion into 4 pieces; slice one piece and sprinkle on the prepared baking sheet. Set remaining onion pieces aside.
- Mix garlic salt, sage, turmeric, basil, rosemary, and pepper together until well combined; divide evenly into 2 bowls.
- Rinse chicken in cold water and dry off. Trim and discard excess fat and separate skin from meat. Stuff inside of the chicken with arugula, 4 lemon slices, 3 onion pieces, and garlic cloves. Tie the legs together with twine. Spread 2 tablespoons ghee underneath the skin and another 2 tablespoons ghee on top of the skin, all over the chicken.
- Add 2 tablespoon ghee and butter to one bowl of spices. Microwave for 45 seconds. Stir and spread underneath the skin. Microwave remaining 1 tablespoon ghee and brush on top of skin. Sprinkle remaining seasoning all over chicken and pat into the skin; do not rub. Lightly squeeze some of the remaining lemon half on top of chicken and place chicken, breast-side up, on the onion slices on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 1 hour and 30 minutes, basting with juices and remaining lemon juice every 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing, continuing to baste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 812.9 calories, Carbohydrate 6.4 g, Cholesterol 259 mg, Fat 59.6 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 62.3 g, SaturatedFat 25.3 g, Sodium 437.6 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
ROAST CHICKEN WITH LEMON, GARLIC, AND ROSEMARY
Roast chicken could not be easier - or tastier - than with this recipe. Lemon, rosemary, and garlic help to flavor this gloriously roasted chicken with crispy skin.
Provided by Magda
Categories Meat and Poultry Recipes Chicken Whole Chicken Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Pat chicken dry and sprinkle salt on all sides and inside the cavity. Sprinkle with black pepper. Pluck the leaves from 1 spring of rosemary and sprinkle on the chicken. Place the other whole sprig inside the cavity along with garlic and lemon.
- Place the chicken on a roasting rack set inside a roasting pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 437.6 calories, Carbohydrate 4 g, Cholesterol 145.5 mg, Fat 25.8 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 46.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.2 g, Sodium 1885.4 mg
ROAST CHICKEN WITH ROSEMARY-GARLIC PASTE
- Combine chopped rosemary and next 4 ingredients in mortar and crush with pestle or blend in mini processor until coarse paste forms. Mix in oil. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Rub 1 teaspoon herb mixture over bone side of chicken. Turn chicken over and open like book; place chicken, skin side up, on work surface. Loosen skin from breast and thigh meat; rub remaining herb mixture over meat under skin. Rub any remaining herb mixture on outside of chicken.
- Place rosemary sprigs in 13x9x2-inch ceramic or glass baking dish. Place chicken, skin side up, atop rosemary sprigs in dish. DO AHEAD: Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and chill. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before roasting.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°F. Roast chicken uncovered until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 170°F, about 1 1/2 hours. Transfer chicken to platter and serve.
- *Available in the spice section of most supermarkets.
- WHAT TO DRINK:
- Chardonnay is a good match for this menu. In keeping with the spirit of this earth-friendly dinner, go with a domestic bottle. We like the 2006 Frog's Leap Chardonnay ($24) from Napa, which has bright citrus and stone fruit flavors.
ROAST CHICKEN WITH GARLIC & ROSEMARY ROOT VEG
Get four of your five-a-day in a comforting roast chicken dinner served with Savoy cabbage. It's easy to prepare and makes an ideal weekend feast
Provided by Sophie Ellis-Bextor
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Spread the onion and half the garlic cloves around the base of a large roasting tin. Pick the tops off all the rosemary sprigs and set them aside, then stuff the remaining stalks into the chicken cavity and sit it on top of the onions. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of the oil and season well. Cover with foil and roast in the oven for 1 hr 20 mins, removing the foil for the last 20 mins.
- Just after the chicken goes in, put the vegetables in a second roasting tin along with the remaining garlic and the rosemary tops. Drizzle with the remaining oil, season and put in the oven underneath the chicken for 1 hr-1 hr 10 mins or until soft and lightly browned.
- Check the chicken is cooked by piercing the thickest part of the thigh with a skewer - the juices should run clear; if not, put it back in the oven and test again after another 10 mins. Carefully remove the chicken from the roasting tin and rest it on a board 15-20 mins.
- As the chicken rests, keep the vegetables warm and make the gravy. Put the roasting tin with the onions on a hob over a low heat, add the flour, mix well until it forms a paste, then pour in the stock, stirring constantly until thickened. Simmer for 5 mins, then season to taste. Strain into a gravy boat or heatproof jug and serve with the chicken, vegetables, cabbage and roast potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 800 calories, Fat 39 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 47 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 20 grams sugar, Fiber 18 grams fiber, Protein 56 grams protein, Sodium 0.9 milligram of sodium
ROASTED GARLIC ROSEMARY CHICKEN
Make and share this Roasted Garlic Rosemary Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Cocinero
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 4-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut the top 1/4 off of the garlic heads so that the tops of the cloves are exposed. Place them on a baking sheet and drizzle them well with olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 350°, cook garlic for about 40 minutes or until you see that the garlic cloves have browned, and the head itself is soft. Remove and let cool for handling.
- Wash chicken and place in baking pan breast up.
- With the handle of a wooden spoon, or anything that will slide without tearing the skin, separate the skin from the meat starting at the lower breast, and taking your time until you have loosened all the skin that you can reach.
- Make a small cut in the skin on top of the drumsticks, and insert the spoon into the cut, loosening all the skin on the legs and thighs.
- Gently squeeze all the garlic heads into a blender, the cloves will be soft and will slide out of the shell easily.
- Add the juice from half the lemon, the rosemary, and black pepper.
- Turn the blender on low and after mixture is working, slowly drizzle the olive oil into the mixture. Stop when mixture is mixed.
- Using either your fingers, a pastry bag, or however you can do it, (I just use my fingers and a spoon) insert about half of the mixture under the chicken skin and then gently press down on it to spread it around evenly under the skin.
- Place onion and lemon inside the chicken, tie legs together, wipe the outside lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with Emeril's essence to taste.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350° for about 50 minutes or until almost done and the outside is browning nicely.
- Remove chicken and spread the remaining mixture over the chicken to cover.
- Return to oven and cook until the surface is browned and the chicken is tender.
ROSEMARY & LEMON ROAST CHICKEN
This Italian-inspired roast chicken couldn't be easier, but the result is really special
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Very finely chop 2 sprigs of the rosemary and mix with 2 tbsp of the butter and the garlic, lemon zest and chilli. Gently lift the skin away from the breast of the chicken and press the butter underneath on both sides. Rub the remaining butter on the outside of the chicken. Stuff the lemon inside the cavity.
- Place the chicken on a wire rack along with the carrots in a medium roasting tin. Season, then scatter with the remaining rosemary leaves. Roast the chicken for 1 hr 10 mins or until the juices run clear, then remove from the oven and let it rest for 10 mins before carving. Serve it on a board with the carrots and a bowl of the roasting juices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 890 calories, Fat 57 grams fat, SaturatedFat 24 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 15 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 13 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 80 grams protein, Sodium 0.99 milligram of sodium
More about "garlic rosemary roast chicken recipes"
ROSEMARY GARLIC ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 355 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
- Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry with a paper towel. Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow foil-lined roasting pan or broiler pan. Starting at neck cavity of chicken, loosen skin from breast and drumsticks by inserting fingers between skin and meat and pushing gently. Combine mustard, garlic, and rosemary; rub under loosened skin, and rub over breast and drumsticks.
- Bake at 375° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until internal temperature of thigh is 175°. Transfer the chicken to a carving board; let stand 5-10 minutes (temperature will rise to 180°). Carve chicken; transfer to serving plates.
GARLIC-ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (2)Calories 231 per servingServings 8
- Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken. Rinse chicken under cold water; pat dry. Trim excess fat. Starting at neck cavity, loosen skin from breast and drumsticks by inserting fingers and gently pushing fingers between the skin and meat. Place rosemary and crushed garlic beneath skin of breast and drumsticks. Lift wing tips up and over back; tuck under chicken. Place chicken, breast side up, on a broiler pan.
- Cut a thin slice from end of each onion. Remove white papery skins from garlic heads (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut tops off garlic heads, leaving root end intact.
- Insert meat thermometer into meaty part of thigh, making sure not to touch bone. Bake at 450° for 30 minutes. Brush onions and garlic heads with olive oil. Arrange onions and garlic heads around chicken. Reduce oven temperature to 350°; bake an additional 1 hour and 15 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 180°. Cover chicken loosely with foil; let stand 10 minutes. Discard skin from chicken. Squeeze roasted heads of garlic to extract pulp; serve as a spread on French bread, if desired.
GARLIC-ROSEMARY CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH GARLIC, LEMON AND ROSEMARY RECIPE
ROSEMARY GARLIC ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE
DUTCH OVEN WHOLE ROAST CHICKEN - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
GARLIC-ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN AND POTATOES RECIPE
OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN WITH LEMON ROSEMARY GARLIC BUTTER
5-INGREDIENT GARLIC ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN BREASTS
ROAST CHICKEN WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC | REMOSKA RECIPE - ALL …
BEST GARLIC ROSEMARY CHICKEN RECIPE - DELISH
ROAST CHICKEN WITH LEMON, GARLIC AND ROSEMARY
GARLIC-ROSEMARY ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
ROAST CHICKEN WITH LEMON, GARLIC, & ROSEMARY - ITALIAN FOOD …
ROSEMARY GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN - PLAIN.RECIPES
PAN-ROASTED CHICKEN WITH GRAPES, GARLIC, AND ROSEMARY
GARLIC-ROSEMARY ROAST CHICKEN - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
HONEY-GLAZED ROAST CHICKEN WITH ROSEMARY AND RAW CRANBERRY …
ROAST CHICKEN STUFFED WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY CREAM CHEESE
GARLIC HERB BUTTER ROAST CHICKEN - CAFE DELITES
ROASTED ROSEMARY CHICKEN – MY ROI LIST
ROAST CHICKEN WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC - NO RECIPE REQUIRED
ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE WITH ROSEMARY GARLIC BUTTER
GARLIC AND ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
LEMON,GARLIC AND ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN - HOW TO MAKE …
ROAST CHICKEN WITH ROSEMARY AND LEMON RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
ROSEMARY GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN - THERESCIPES.INFO
BAKED GARLIC LEMON ROSEMARY CHICKEN - THE ROASTED ROOT
ROASTED LEMON GARLIC ROSEMARY CHICKEN - THE BAKERMAMA
LEMON ROAST CHICKEN - JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
LEMON GARLIC & ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE
ROSEMARY GARLIC SEASONING RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
LEMON GARLIC ROSEMARY ROAST CHICKEN - COOKING WITH …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love