WATERMELON SPINACH SALAD
Dark green spinach leaves provide a rich backdrop for brilliant raspberries, cubed watermelon and sliced almonds in this eye-appealing salad. The light vinaigrette is the perfect way to dress up summer's finest produce.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (about 1 cup vinaigrette).
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard, onion powder and salt. Cover and process until sugar is dissolved. Continue processing while adding oil in a steady stream. Add onion and poppy seeds; process until blended., In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, watermelon, grapes and raspberries; sprinkle with almonds. Serve with vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234 calories, Fat 16g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 166mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
FRUIT SALAD WITH STRAWBERRY-POPPY SEED VINAIGRETTE
Looking for a colorful side-dish using Yoplait® yogurt? Then check out this fruit salad drizzled with vinaigrette - ready in just 30 minutes!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place 1/2 cup sliced strawberries in blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Add sugar and vinegar; cover and blend. Add yogurt; cover and blend until smooth. Pour into small bowl. Stir in poppy seed. Refrigerate until serving.
- To assemble salads, layer all salad ingredients on 4 individual salad plates. Drizzle vinaigrette over salads. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150, Carbohydrate 35 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 6 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 40 mg, Sugar 26 g, TransFat 0 g
SWEET & SOUR WATERMELON CUCUMBER SALAD
The sweet taste of the watermelon makes this salad exceptional! Another National Watermelon Board recipe that my family loves!
Provided by Sherrybeth
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix together the vinegar, water, sugar and poppy seeds in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the chopped green onion.
- Place the watermelon and cucumber in a serving bowl and pour the marinade over the top.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate a couple of hours before serving.
- Toss gently before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 87.3, Fat 0.7, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 4.3, Carbohydrate 20.3, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 17.6, Protein 1.1
POPPY SEED VINAIGRETTE
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and vinegar. Add the olive oil drop by drop, whisking constantly.
- Season with salt and pepper. Whisk in poppy seeds. The vinaigrette will keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
More about "melon salad with poppy seed vinaigrette recipes"
BIG CHOPPED SALAD WITH LEMON-POPPYSEED VINAIGRETTE | EAT ...
Reviews 12Category SaladServings 1Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
ROMAINE AND FRUIT SALAD WITH CITRUS POPPY SEED VINAIGRETTE ...
5/5 (9)Category Side DishServings 10Calories 130 per serving
- In blender container or food processor bowl with metal blade, combine orange juice, vinegar, onions, sugar and salt. Cover; blend well. With machine running, slowly add oil, blending until thick and smooth. Add poppy seed; blend a few seconds to mix.
- In large serving bowl, combine all salad ingredients; toss to mix. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat.
13 MELON SALADS THAT SCREAM PEAK SUMMER | BON APPéTIT
Author Bon AppétitPublished 2019-06-04
- Cantaloupe with Sugar Snap Peas and Ricotta Salata. Salty and sweet, crunchy and juicy, this throw-it-together summer side has it all. View Recipe.
- Tomato-Watermelon Salad with Turmeric Oil. Red, juicy, and sweet, tomatoes and watermelon are soul mates, and they both need salt, spice, and fat to reach their full potential.
- Melon Panzanella. In this unexpected take on panzanella, chunks of ripe melon take the place of tomatoes. But the unexpected star is the brine from the Peppadew peppers: Spicy, sweet, and tart, it combines with the melon's juices and soaks into the toasted bread.
- Honeydew, Jicama, and Mango Salad. Don’t worry about removing all of the melon seeds in this take on the popular Mexican street snack—they’re edible and add a little crunch.
- Honeydew Salad with Ginger Dressing and Peanuts. Just the side your barbecue ribs are looking for, this all-green salad gets a kick from serrano, ginger, and just a hint of fish sauce.
- Watermelon, Endive, and Fig Salad. Perfect as either a side salad or a cocktail hour snack platter, you’re going to want to keep serving this mix of complementary sweet and salty and crunchy and soft bites all summer long.
- Watermelon with Lime Dressing and Peanuts. The jagged, irregular chunks of fruit in this salad recipe make it clear that something unexpected is about to happen.
- Cantaloupe and Cucumber Salad. Savory fruit salads are officially a thing. (And, for the record, cucumber is a fruit.) View Recipe.
- Honeydew and Fennel Salad with Basil. If you have a perfectly ripe melon—great! If you don’t, no worries. The salt, acid, and a bit of heat here will give life to lackluster specimens.
RADICCHIO MELON SALAD WITH PROSCIUTTO & POPPY SEED VINAIGRETTE
Reviews 1Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Combine the white wine vinegar and honey in a small mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking until emulsified.
BLUEBERRY FETA SPINACH SALAD WITH LEMON POPPYSEED VINAIGRETTE
4/5 (2)Category SaladCuisine AmericanTotal Time 10 mins
- To a large mason jar, add all of the dressing ingredients. Screw on the lid tightly, and shake vigorously until everything's evenly incorporated into a smooth dressing.
WATERMELON, CUCUMBER & TOMATO SALAD WITH POPPY SEED ...
Category Salad, Easy RecipeEstimated Reading Time 1 min
CHICKEN & MELON SALAD WITH MUSTARD-POPPY VINAIGRETTE ...
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Salads, Sides & SaucesCalories 210 per serving
CHRISTMAS SALAD WITH POPPY SEED DRESSING | FAVORITE …
5/5 (8)Calories 242 per servingCategory Salad
SPINACH STRAWBERRY FETA SALAD RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ...
WATERMELON SALAD WITH BERRY BALSAMIC POPPY SEED ...
MELON SALAD WITH POPPY SEED VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
WATERMELON FETA SALAD WITH BALSAMIC POPPY SEED DRESSING
POPPY SEED AND WATERMELON RECIPES (15) - SUPERCOOK
KIWI SALAD WITH GREENS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
MELON SALAD WITH POPPY SEED VINAIGRETTE
KIWI SALAD DRESSING - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CRANBERRY POPPY SEED CHICKEN SALAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
MELON+SALAD+WITH+POPPY+SEED+VINAIGRETTE | MELON SALAD ...
MELON SALAD WITH POPPY SEED VINAIGRETTE RECIPE: HOW TO ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you put in a watermelon salad?This Watermelon Salad recipe is made with sweet juicy watermelon, plump peaches, succulent blackberries, crispy cucumbers, zippy red onions, tangy feta, minty mint, sweet basil and caramelized pecans piled on a bed of peppery arugula drizzled with sweet and tangy balsamic poppy seed dressing.
Can watermelon feta mint salad be made ahead?This Watermelon Feta Mint Salad is perfect for lunches, summer potlucks, picnics and cookouts because it can be made ahead (just add the watermelon), is utterly addicting, and always disappears in a flash. We love spring and summer salads because that means fresh fruit!
How do you make the perfect salad dressing?In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard, onion powder and salt. Cover and process until sugar is dissolved. Continue processing while adding oil in a steady stream. Add onion and poppy seeds; process until blended. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, watermelon, grapes and raspberries; sprinkle with almonds.
What do you do with melons?But that doesn’t mean you’ll see us pulling out a melon baller and scooping them into soggy, saccharine, one-note fruit salads either. Instead, we’re bringing out the melon’s savory side by pairing them with salty, spicy, and herby ingredients in layered, complex (but simple to execute) combinations.