EASY SHRIMP AND TOMATOES
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat; swirl to coat pan. Season shrimp with salt and ground pepper. Add half the shrimp to the pan; cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate; repeat with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and shrimp.
- Reduce heat to medium; add garlic and red-pepper flakes. Stir in tomatoes; cook until they begin to break down, 4 to 6 minutes. Season with salt.
- Return shrimp and any accumulated juices to pan. Add parsley and lemon juice; toss to coat. Serve over pasta, rice, or spinach, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256 g, Fat 8 g, Protein 35 g
GEMELLI WITH SHRIMP AND TOMATO CREAM
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet. Add the onion, chopped fennel and bell pepper and sauté until all are tender. Stir in the fennel seeds and the tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook a minute or two longer, but just until the shrimp are cooked. Stir in the cream, season the sauce to your taste with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gemelli and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Put the gemelli in a warm serving dish. Briefly reheat the shrimp and the tomato sauce, pour over the pasta and toss well. Sprinkle the parsley over the completed dish and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 392, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 50 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 17 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 573 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GEMELLI WITH SHRIMP AND SUGAR SNAP PEAS
- Bring pasta, garlic, broth, 2 cups water, and oil to a boil in a large straight-sided skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes less than instructed on pasta package.
- Add shrimp and 1 teaspoon lemon zest and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in peas, 1/2 cup feta, and dill and cook, stirring, until peas are bright green and crisp-tender and shrimp are opaque, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice. Serve, topped with remaining 1/4 cup cheese, remaining 1 teaspoon zest, and coarsely chopped dill, and drizzled with oil.
CREAMY GEMELLI PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND SPRING VEGETABLES
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add gemelli and cook, stirring occasionally, to desired tenderness, 6 to 11 minutes. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- At the same time, bring another small pot of water to a boil. Add peas and boil until slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain.
- Juice 3 of the lemon halves. Slice the remaining half into thin rounds. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet or large pot over medium-high heat. Add peas, zucchini, and garlic; cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, 3 to 5 minutes; be careful not to overcook. Remove from the heat.
- Add cooked gemelli to the shrimp-vegetable mixture. Stir in creme fraiche and lemon juice and season with more salt and pepper as needed. Garnish with lemon slices and basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 453.2 calories, Carbohydrate 70.9 g, Cholesterol 130.3 mg, Fat 9.4 g, Fiber 8.3 g, Protein 27.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 149.3 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
GEMELLI WITH SHRIMP, RED BELL PEPPERS, AND PEAS
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions; sauté until onions are deep golden, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, and orange peel; stir 1 minute. Add shrimp and peas; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté until shrimp are just opaque in center and peas are heated through, about 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Ladle out 1/2 cup pasta cooking water and reserve. Drain pasta; return to pot.
- Add shrimp mixture and reserved cooking water to pasta; toss to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer pasta to bowl and serve.
GEMELLI WITH CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES IN TOMATO-BASIL CREAM SAUCE
Make and share this Gemelli With Chicken and Vegetables in Tomato-Basil Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Cooking Creation
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and brown on all sides. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside. In the same skillet, add the onion, carrot and bell pepper. Cook and stir until soft, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Pour in the heavy cream. Stir in the tomato, tomato paste and Parmesan. Add the basil and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil. Season with cayenne, salt and pepper, to taste. Add the chicken and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Once chicken is cooked through, stir in the Gemelli pasta.
- Serve and enjoy!
GEMELLI WITH SHRIMP, TOMATOES AND WALNUT-PARSLEY SAUCE
One piece of gemelli consists of two strands of pasta-both about an inch long-twisted around each other to resemble a braid. These noodles are great for catching the juices in this garlicky entrée. If you can't find gemelli, use fusilli; it will work just as well.
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Blend parsley, 3/4 cup walnuts, 5 teaspoons garlic and lemon peel in processor until nuts are finely chopped. With machine running, gradually add oil and blend until coarse paste forms. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.Cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add shrimp; sauté 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and simmer until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 2 minutes.Drain pasta well; return to same pot. Add parsley sauce; toss until coated. Mix in shrimp and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper; top with 1/4 cup walnuts.
SHRIMP & TORTELLINI IN TOMATO CREAM
This shrimp and pasta combination is one of my husband's favorites. It's healthy, and he doesn't even know it. It's also easy to halve the recipe for two. -Mary Kay LaBrie, Clermont, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook shrimp in 2 teaspoons oil until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the lemon zest, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and pepper flakes. Remove and keep warm., In the same skillet, cook shallots in remaining oil over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer., Add the tomatoes, clam juice, wine, vinegar, thyme and remaining pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; discard thyme sprigs. Stir in the cheese, cream, basil, chives and shrimp. , Drain tortellini; stir into shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 449 calories, Fat 14g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 182mg cholesterol, Sodium 723mg sodium, Carbohydrate 46g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 33g protein.
GEMELLI WITH SHRIMP AND GREEN PEPPERCORNS
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the gemelli until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the garlic, shallot and peppercorns and cook over moderately high heat until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add the brandy and use a long match to ignite it.
- When the flames die down, add the clam juice and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp, season with salt and cook over moderate heat, stirring a few times, until the shrimp are just white throughout, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the gemelli, add it to the shrimp and peppercorn sauce and toss well.
- Stir in the parsley and olive oil and season with salt.
- Spoon the pasta into bowls and serve.
- A high-acid, savory vermentino, a loaf of warm bread slathered with butter, and a salad of baby greens.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 464.7, Fat 8.9, SaturatedFat 2.3, Cholesterol 121.5, Sodium 205.1, Carbohydrate 59.3, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 1.9, Protein 25.9
More about "gemelli with shrimp and tomato cream recipes"
WEEKNIGHT GEMELLI WITH SHRIMP & VEGGIES - BARILLA
GEMELLI WITH SHRIMP, RED BELL PEPPERS, AND PEAS …
GEMELLI WITH GRILLED TOMATOES AND SHRIMP - STOP & SHOP
Servings 6Calories 445 per servingTotal Time 30 mins
GEMELLI PASTA RECIPE WITH TOMATOES, BASIL AND GARLIC - ZAGLEFT
SHRIMP AND PASTA IN TOMATO CREAM SAUCE | RECIPE | TOMATO CREAM …
FRESH GEMELLI WITH SPICY TOMATO SAUCE - MAKEGOODFOOD.CA
EASY GEMELLI PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND LEMON RECIPE
GEMELLI WITH CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES IN TOMATO BASIL CREAM SAUCE …
25 BEST GEMELLI PASTA RECIPES - TOP TEEN RECIPES
SHRIMP IN TOMATO BASIL CREAM SAUCE - THE BLOND COOK
GEMELLI WITH SHRIMP AND TOMATO CREAM - DINING AND COOKING
PASTA WITH SHRIMP IN TOMATO CREAM RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
9 GEMELLI PASTA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GEMELLI WITH GRILLED TOMATOES AND SHRIMP | SAVORY
GEMELLI PASTA WITH CLAMS, SCALLOPS, AND SHRIMP - PESCATARIAN RECIPES
GEMELLI WITH TOMATO SAUCE, WHITE BEANS, FENNEL AND SAUSAGE
GEMELLI PASTA RECIPE SHRIMP | BRYONT BLOG
GEMELLI WITH SHRIMP AND TOMATO CREAM - PLAIN.RECIPES
SUN-DRIED TOMATO SHRIMP GEMELLI RECIPE - HOME CHEF
BEST GEMELLI WITH TOMATOES, SALAMI AND FONTINA RECIPE - HOW TO …
GEMELLI PASTA WITH CLAMS, SCALLOPS, AND SHRIMP RECIPE
SPICY SHRIMP AND TOMATO CREAM PASTA
OLIVE GARDEN SHRIMP SCAMPI COPYCAT RECIPE (WITHOUT WINE)
CREAMY TOMATO PASTA WITH SHRIMP - TASTE AND TELL
GEMELLI WITH GRILLED SHRIMP, TOMATOES, ZUCCHINI, FRESNO
GEMELLI WITH SHRIMP TOMATOES AND WALNUT PARSLEY …
FRESH GEMELLI WITH SHRIMP MEAL KIT DELIVERY - MAKEGOODFOOD.CA
GEMELLI WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SHRIMP GEMELLI RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
GEMELLI PASTA RECIPE POMODORO | DEPORECIPE.CO
GEMELLI WITH TOMATO SAUCE AND MUSHROOMS (OIL-FREE)
GEMELLI WITH TOMATOES, BROCCOLI RABE AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE - RECIPE ...
ITALIAN SHRIMP AND TOMATO VERMICELLI
GEMELLI PASTA WITH CLAMS, SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP - BIGOVEN
OUR MOST POPULAR DINNER PARTY RECIPES FROM THE 1970S | ALLRECIPES
LEFTOVERS! GEMELLI WITH SHRIMP, GRAPE TOMATOES & CITRUS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Gemelli pasta with chicken?DIRECTIONS Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and brown on all sides. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside. Pour in the heavy cream. Stir in the tomato, tomato paste and Parmesan. Once chicken is cooked through, stir in the Gemelli pasta. Serve and enjoy!
What are the ingredients in Gemelli pasta?These ingredients include chicken, gemelli, broccoli, tomatoes, Parmesan, and basil pesto (from the jar or homemade !). A red pepper and tomato-based sauce is tossed with flaky tuna, fried garlic, fresh herbs, and cream and served over gemelli pasta.
What kind of wine goes with Gemelli pasta?Using just gemelli pasta, queso blanco cheese sauce, tomatillo sauce, cooked chicken, and Parmesan cheese, you can create a flavorful weeknight meal in under 30 minutes. Try pairing this springtime pasta dish with a crisp white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, or Sancerre, as recipe creator KimK suggests.
What is Gemelli pasta good for?This short, twisty pasta is great for soaking up sauces in all its crevices. Although you can substitute gemelli for any short pasta — like fusilli, rotini, or penne — these gemelli pasta recipes put this unique pasta shape on full display.