The bacon for this recipe can be used in the Sauerkraut Mashed Potatoes recipe included in this German meal. And what a tasty use for bacon drippings! The tangy mustard and brown sugar make this quick-and-easy German Bratwurst recipe from the Test Kitchen something special.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels (save for another use). Drain, reserving 4 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, cook bratwurst for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Drain skillet. , In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; set aside. Add the mustard, brown sugar, wine, vinegar and celery seed to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is hot and bubbly., Gradually add cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return bratwurst to the pan; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes longer or until glazed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425 calories, Fat 37g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 79mg cholesterol, Sodium 1046mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 14g protein.
Paying close attention to the details needed for making great sausages, these bratwurst come out just as juicy and well seasoned as could be, with an ideal smooth, emulsified texture.
Provided by Joshua Bousel
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place pork, veal, and fatback in a large bowl. Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Set parts of meat grinder, including large cutting die, in freezer. Set bowl and paddle of stand mixer in freezer.
- Grind meat and fat mixture through chilled meat grinder fitted with a small cutting die, into a large bowl set in another bowl filled with ice. Add salt, white pepper, ginger, mustard, and nutmeg in with the meat. Using chilled paddle attachment and chilled bowl of a standing mixer, mix at low speed for 1 minute. Add eggs and heavy cream and mix at medium speed until liquid is incorporated and sausage is uniform and sticky, about 1 minute longer.
- Form a small sausage patty; place rest of sausage mixture in refrigerator. Cook patty in a small frying pan over medium-high heat until cooked through. Taste and adjust seasonings of sausage if necessary.
- Stuff sausage into hog casings and twist into 6-inch links.
- Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and arrange the coals on one side of the charcoal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill, and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil grilling grate. Place onion slices in foil tray and pour in beer. Place tray on hot side of grill. Nestle sausage in tray and cook until beer begins to simmer, about 4 minutes. Slide tray over to cool side of grill, cover grill, and continue to cook until sausages register 140 to 145°F on an instant-read thermometer, 10-15 minutes, flipping occasionally during cooking.
- Uncover grill and remove sausages from liquid and place on hot side of grill. Cook, turning occasionally, until sausages are browned and crisp all over, about 3 minutes total. Place each sausage in a roll and top with onions and desired condiments; serve immediately.
The following recipe will make about 5 pounds of great bratwurst at a fraction of the cost of buying it at the grocery store-give it a try! Try serving bratwurst burgers the next time you grill. Condiments range from the traditional-Kraut and a good German Mustard, to my favorite way which is mayo, German mustard, ketchup, thick slices of tomato and leaf lettuce on a crusty, grilled bun. Delish! Cooking time is the amount of time mixture sits in the fridge.
Provided by Diana Adcock
Yield 5 pounds
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cut the pork and beef into 2 inch cubes.
- Grind through a 1/4 inch grinding plate.
- If you do not have a meat grinder you can pulse it in your food processor in SMALL batches.
- In a small mixing bowl beat eggs and beer together until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bow combine the ground meat and wet mixture until well incorporated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours, up to 24.
- The longer the better.
- At this point you can either stuff into casings or wrap in 1 pound packages which is what I do, then freeze.
SLOW-COOKER GERMAN BRATWURST
I created this Old World favorite from a dish I had during my travels. The flavorful entree is perfect for weeknights or special occasions. I like to serve this slow-cooker bratwurst with pasta. —Gerald Hetrick, Erie, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 15 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In batches, in a large nonstick skillet, brown bratwursts over medium-high heat. Transfer to a 7-qt. slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients., Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until a thermometer inserted in sausage reads at least 160°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 445 calories, Fat 35g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 90mg cholesterol, Sodium 1424mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
More about "german bratwurst recipes"
BRATWURST IN BEER WITH ONIONS - FOODIECRUSH .COM
BRATWURST RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GERMAN BRATWURST DINNER - FIRSTHAND FOODS
HOW TO MAKE BRATWURST SAUSAGES – A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE
BRATWURST: HOW TO COOK BRATWURST (BRATS) THE RIGHT …
10 BEST BRATWURST CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO COOK BRATWURST GERMAN RECIPE - COOKING FROG
CURRYWURST: GERMANY'S ICONIC STREET FOOD (RECIPE
BRATWURST RECIPE - GERMAN CULTURE
BRATWURST - WIKIPEDIA
WHITE BRATWURST (WEIßWURST) - MEATS AND SAUSAGES
HOMEMADE GERMAN BRATWURST - TASTE OF ARTISAN
10 BEST BRATWURST DINNER RECIPES | YUMMLY
NüRNBERGER BRATWURST / NUREMBERGER SAUSAGE ⋆ MY GERMAN RECIPES
11 BEST BRATWURST RECIPES - IZZYCOOKING
BEST AIR FRYER BRATWURST RECIPE ~ LYDIA'S EASY GERMAN BRATS
EASY GERMAN CURRYWURST RECIPE WITH OMA'S HOMEMADE KETCHUP
PAN FRIED BRATWURST - THE KITCHEN MAUS
SHEET PAN GERMAN BRATWURST, POTATOES AND CABBAGE - 31 DAILY
GERMAN BRATWURST AND SAUERKRAUT WHERE IS MY SPOON
BRATWURST RECIPE - PETITE GOURMETS
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BRATWURST (14 SAVORY SIDE DISHES)
GERMAN BRATWURST | I LOVE GERMAN FOOD
BEER-BRAISED BRATWURST & ONIONS ("BEER BRATS") - ONCE UPON A CHEF
HOMEMADE WEISSWURST “MUNICH STYLE” - A DELICIOUS BAVARIAN CLASSIC
GRILLED BRATWURST [EASY BRATS RECIPE] - THEONLINEGRILL.COM
HOW TO COOK BRATWURST (+ BRATWURST RECIPE & SERVING IDEAS)
GRILLED BRATWURST - HEY GRILL, HEY
BRATWURST WITH CURRY KETCHUP (CURRYWURST) - GERMANFOODS.ORG
GERMAN MARINADED BRATWURST | TASTES GREAT MARINATED IN BEER
27 EASY GERMAN RECIPES - TOP RECIPES
BRATWURST RECIPES - BBC FOOD
BAKED BRATWURST RECIPE - THE BEST - CLOVE AND CUMIN
BRATWURST AND SAUERKRAUT - BUDGET BYTES
BEST BRATWURST RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE EASY GERMAN SAUSAGE AT HOME
GERMAN BRATWURST BURGER - SIMPLY CHEF KAREN
HOMEMADE BRATWURST • CURIOUS CUISINIERE - CULTURAL RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE GERMAN BRATWURST! BRATWURST RECIPE! - YOUTUBE
25 BEST BRATWURST RECIPES FOR GRILLING SEASON - INSANELY GOOD
BRATWURST | ALTENGARTZ AUTHENTIC GERMAN BRATWURST
GERMAN BRATWURST RECIPES | RECIPELAND
RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE BRATWURST - CHICKEN FRIED KITCHEN
HOMEMADE BRATWURST, THE BEST OF THE WURST
#weeknight #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #one-dish-meal #inexpensive #meat #taste-mood
You'll also love