GLAZED LEMON CAKE RECIPE
Recipe VIDEO above. This is a wonderful, simple tea cake with bright lemon flavours. It's beautifully moist and keeps for days. I love how it's made in one bowl with just a whisk, and it's quick to prepare! Glazed with a lemon glaze - or try my quick cream cheese frosting (recipe in notes).
Provided by Nagi
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F (standard) or 160C/320F (fan/convection). Grease a 20 cm / 8" cake pan with butter.
- Place Wet ingredients in a bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Sprinkle over flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk until smooth - few small lumps is ok.
- Pour into pan - it should be fairly thick but pourable (see video). Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove metal ring and cool on rack then glaze.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412 kcal, Carbohydrate 62 g, Protein 4 g, Fat 16 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Cholesterol 36 mg, Sodium 28 mg, Sugar 41 g, ServingSize 1 serving
GLAZED HOMEMADE LEMON CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine butter, sugar, and eggs in a mixing bowl. Beat using an electric mixer until batter is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in flour, baking powder, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Pour cake batter into the prepared dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cake cool thoroughly, about 30 minutes.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice for glaze in a bowl; mix until smooth. Carefully spread over cooled cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 335.3 calories, Carbohydrate 52.9 g, Cholesterol 77 mg, Fat 12.9 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 160.7 mg, Sugar 40.5 g
GLAZED LEMON CAKE
My mother baked this moist treat when I was a child. I loved the lemon glaze and light cake as much then as my children do now. - Missy Andrews, Rice, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, oil and eggs; beat on low speed or 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Gradually beat in soda just until blended. , Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. , In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth; carefully spread over warm cake. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378 calories, Fat 17g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 47mg cholesterol, Sodium 419mg sodium, Carbohydrate 53g carbohydrate (36g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
GLAZED LEMON CAKES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 6-cup jumbo muffin tin. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, vanilla, and zest and juice of 1 lemon. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and granulated sugar until light. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two additions of buttermilk mixture.
- Divide evenly among muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cake comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in tin, then cool completely on a rack.
- Set rack over wax or parchment paper. In a small bowl, stir confectioners' sugar with remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice until smooth. Pour over cakes, spreading to edges with a small knife. Let set 30 minutes.
LEMON GLAZED CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and gelatin mix. Make a well in the center and pour in oil, 1/2 cup water and eggs. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- To make the Glaze: In a medium bowl, combine lemon juice and confectioners' sugar. Beat in the melted butter and 1 tablespoon water. Poke holes in the top of the cake and pour glaze over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 451.1 calories, Carbohydrate 59.1 g, Cholesterol 78.2 mg, Fat 22.3 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 5.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 384.1 mg, Sugar 45.5 g
GLAZED LEMON BUNDT CAKE
This sweet-tart delight features plenty of fresh lemon in the cake and the glaze drizzled on top.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Brush a 10-cup Bundt pan with oil and dust with flour, tapping out the excess. Make sure to get in all the creases in the pan. Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the sugar and eggs together in a large bowl until well combined and the eggs are pale. Gradually whisk in the oil until smooth and then whisk in the sour cream, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon just until combined but still a bit lumpy. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until the cake pulls away from the side of the pan and a wooden skewer inserted near the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack and then invert onto the rack and cool completely.
- Whisk the confectioners? sugar and 3 tablespoons juice together in a medium bowl until smooth and thick. Gradually whisk in the remaining tablespoon of juice as needed until the glaze is just thin enough to pour. Drizzle or pour over the cake.
LEMON GLAZED CAKE THE BEST EVER
I am a baker who bakes cakes only from scratch. I had many customers that wanted a Lemon Jello Cake and the only way I knew to make it was the old fashioned way my grandmother use to make it from a boxed cake. I came up with this recipe and it is now it is one of my best seller. Topped with the best Lemon Butter Frosting.
Provided by The Real Cake Baker
Yield 1 13x9 in pan, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 13x9 inch pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and lemon zest. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and lemon extract. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Lemon Glaze: Within 10 minutes of the finish of baking the cake, begin the glaze. Put all of the ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a boil stirring frequently. Once the galze begin to turn white and foamy stir and remove from the heat. Remove the cake from the oven and begin to immediately poke holes in the cake with a toothpick. The more wholes, the more glaze gets through the cake. Slowly pour the glaze sauce over the cake covering the holes. Allow the cake to cool completly.
- To make frosting: In large bowl, beat butter and grated lemon zest together for about 2 to 3 minutes, add confectioners' sugar and lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 500.9, Fat 16.6, SaturatedFat 10, Cholesterol 93.9, Sodium 384.9, Carbohydrate 85.5, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 67.3, Protein 4.6
GLAZED LEMON POUND CAKE
Get the most lemon flavor into this pound cake by grating the lemon zest first, then squeezing out the juice. Lemon zest, juice, and glaze give you triple the lemon for a crowd-pleasing pound cake.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 2 loaves
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with rack in lowest position. Butter and flour two 4 1/2-by-8-inch (6-cup) loaf pans.
- In a small bowl (or liquid measuring cup), combine buttermilk with lemon zest and juice. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- With mixer on low, add flour mixture in three parts alternately with the buttermilk mixture in two, beginning and ending with flour; beat just until smooth (do not overmix).
- Divide batter evenly between pans; smooth tops. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes (tent with foil if browning too quickly). Cool 15 minutes in pan. Turn out cakes onto a rack; cool completely before glazing.
- Set rack with cakes over a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Pour glaze over cakes, letting it run down the sides; let dry, about 30 minutes.
BEST LEMON SHEET CAKE WITH LEMON GLAZE
This is my go-to sheet cake recipe whenever I am baking for a lot of people and when there are any kids involved. It is also our standard cake for any kid's birthday. Really easy to make and everybody loves it.
Provided by diana
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups butter, sugar, and vanilla sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add eggs one at a time and beat after each addition until well combined. Mix in flour and baking powder on low speed until well combined; mix in lemon zest.
- Spread dough on the prepared baking sheet. Use a spatula as dough is very sticky.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Mix confectioner's sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and brush glaze onto the cooled cake. Allow to dry, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270.5 calories, Carbohydrate 35.5 g, Cholesterol 78.3 mg, Fat 13.4 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 83.9 mg, Sugar 23.7 g
LEMON GLAZE FOR GLAZED LEMON POUND CAKE
- Place confectioners' sugar in a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup; stir in lemon juice (glaze should be thick, yet pourable). Add more sugar or lemon juice, as necessary, to achieve desired consistency.
LEMON-GLAZED SHEET CAKE
A delicate cake that has a double dose of tangy brightness, thanks to a zest-filled batter and a silky citrus glaze. The optional candied lemon-rind topping adds a design element that will have the crowd swirling with delight.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 12 to 16
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Beat butter with sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating to combine after each addition and scraping down sides as needed. Beat in lemon juice. Beat in flour in three additions, alternating with milk and beginning and ending with flour. Scrape batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with an offset spatula.
- Bake until a tester inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack; let cool completely.
- Glaze: Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, and lemon zest in a saucepan. Whisk in yolks, then 1 2/3 cups water, lemon juice, and butter. Bring to a boil over mediumhigh heat, whisking constantly, and cook, still whisking, 1 minute. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a heatproof bowl. Let stand 30 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Poke 20 holes in cake with a skewer; pour glaze over top. Refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to overnight. Decorate with candied zest. (Leftovers can be refrigerated, wrapped in plastic, up to 3 days.)
GLAZED LEMON POUND CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. Dust with sugar, and tap out excess; set aside. Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir together 1 tablespoon lemon juice and the milk.
- Put butter and 3/4 cup sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in eggs and zest. Working in two batches, alternate mixing in flour mixture and milk mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until a cake tester comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together remaining 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Upon removing cake from oven, immediately brush with lemon glaze. Let cake cool in pan 10 minutes. Unmold cake. Brush remaining glaze on top. Garnish with zest.
GLAZED LEMON CAKE - (SILVER PALATE) RECIPE - (3.7/5)
Provided by Maverick19
Number Of Ingredients 14
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 10 inch tube pan 2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition. 3. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Add lemon zest and juice. 4. Pour batter into prepared tube pan. Set on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes, or until cake pulls away from sides of pan and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. 5. Cool cake in the pan, set on a rack, for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and spread on icing at once, while cake is still hot. Lemon Icing: Cream sugar and butter thoroughly. Mix in lemon zest and juice, spread on warm cake.
MOIST GLAZED LEMON CAKE
No one will ever know this is made from a cake mix! I used Duncun Hines Classic white cake mix and Sprite soda for this, but any soda drink that has lemon is fine to use, add in some yellow food colouring also if desired ;-)
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, lemon zest (if using) oil and eggs; using an electric mixer beat at medium speed for about 1 minute.
- Add in soda and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the batter to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until cake tests done.
- In a small bowl combine the confectioners sugar with lemon juice until smooth, then carefully spread over the warm cake.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402.9, Fat 19.7, SaturatedFat 2.9, Cholesterol 52.9, Sodium 417.9, Carbohydrate 54.1, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 35.5, Protein 3.5
GLAZED LEMON LOAF CAKE
This is a yummy easy to make cake that is great to make especially if you have an abundance of fresh lemons. Every one just loves it. I got it from a friend and have made it heaps.
Provided by lizzy loo
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Whisk together oil and caster sugar.
- Add eggs 1 at a time.
- Mix in flour, salt, milk and lemon rind.
- Pour into a greased loaf tin.
- Bake in a mod oven (180 degrees Celcius) for 45 minutes.
- Take out of oven and pour topping over.
- allow to cool in the tin.
GLAZED LEMON POUND CAKE LOAF RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: butter, white sugar, large eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, all purpose flour, table salt, baking soda, baking powder, sour cream, icing, lemon juice
Provided by Addison Anderson
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F. Spray an 8×4-inch loaf pan with baking spray and line with a piece of parchment paper that covers the bottom and long sides, with an inch or so extending past the top of the pan (these will be the "handles" to lift the loaf out of the pan).
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter with the sugar until light-colored and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat in well after each addition, scraping down the sides of the bowl, as needed. Beat in the lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together well the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with the sour cream, starting with ⅓ of the flour, ½ of the sour cream, ⅓ of the flour, the last of the sour cream, then finally the last of the flour.
- Scrape into the prepared 8×4-inch loaf pan and level batter. Bake in a preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then run a knife along the short ends and use the parchment paper edges to lift and remove from pan. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- While the loaf is still a little warm, prepare the glaze, adding enough lemon juice to make a pourable glaze. Place a baking tray under the cooling rack to catch any drips and spoon glaze slowly over top of loaf, allowing it to drip down the sides a bit. Cool completely, then slice and serve.
GLAZED LEMON SUPREME POUND CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, gelatin, lemon extract, apricot nectar, eggs and oil. Mix to combine, then beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Pour batter into a 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, make the glaze: In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and confectioners sugar; stir until smooth. Remove cake from oven, and with cake still in pan, pour glaze over top of hot cake, tipping pan to allow excess glaze to run down sides of pan. Allow cake to cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 285.8 calories, Carbohydrate 41.5 g, Cholesterol 54.8 mg, Fat 12 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 277.9 mg, Sugar 31.4 g
GLAZED LEMON CAKES
For a dinner party, you can present these cakes on a cake stand garnished with fresh berries.
Yield makes 6
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 6-cup jumbo muffin tin. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, vanilla, and lemon zest and juice. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and granulated sugar until light. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two additions of the buttermilk mixture.
- Divide evenly among the muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cake comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes in tin, then cool completely on a wire rack.
- Set the rack over wax or parchment paper. In a small bowl, stir confectioners' sugar with the remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice until smooth. Pour over the cakes, spreading to the edges with a small knife. Let set for 30 minutes before serving.
GLAZED LEMON FLUTE CAKE
My husband says this is the best lemon cake he's ever eaten. A cake mix and lemon gelatin make it a breeze to prepare.-Brenda Daugherty, Lake City, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin, eggs, water and oil. Beat on low speed for 1 minute. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. , Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 38-42 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. , Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm cake. Cool completely before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 283 calories, Fat 13g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 53mg cholesterol, Sodium 231mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (26g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
More about "glazed lemon cake recipes"
HOMEMADE LEMON POUND CAKE WITH LEMON GLAZE - RECİPES
LEMON CAKE RECIPE. A MOIST OLD FASHIONED LEMON POUND CAKE …
GLAZED LEMON POUND CAKE LOAF - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
LEMON-GLAZED POUND CAKE - KING ARTHUR BAKING
GLAZED LEMON CAKE | CANADIAN LIVING
GLAZED LEMON POUND CAKE | CANADIAN LIVING
EASY DESSERT LEMON GLAZE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
GLAZED LEMON CAKE - SIMPLY SCRATCH
LEMON CAKE WITH LEMON GLAZE - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
10 BEST LEMON CAKE WITH LEMON GLAZE ICING RECIPES | YUMMLY
LEMON GLAZED LEMON BUNDT CAKE - BAKER BY NATURE
GLAZED LEMON BUTTERMILK CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GLAZED LEMON BUTTERMILK CAKE (EXTRA LEMONY!) - AVERIE COOKS
PERFECTLY GLAZED LEMON POUND CAKE - BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
GLAZED LEMON POUND CAKE RECIPE - LITTLE SWEET BAKER
QUATRE QUARTS: EASY GLAZED LEMON CAKE - MOLLY J. WILK
GLAZED LEMON POUND CAKE - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
GLAZED LEMON LOAF CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GLAZED LEMON TUBE CAKE - MSN
BEST GLAZED LEMON CAKE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
GLAZED LEMON LOAF CAKE RECIPE - SAVORY NOTHINGS
LEMON GLAZED LAYER CAKE | 6" ROUND CAKE PAN - JENNY STEFFENS …
LEMON POUND CAKE WITH GLAZE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
GLAZED LEMON POUND CAKE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
BUTTERMILK BUNDT CAKE WITH LEMON GLAZE RECIPE
THE BEST GLAZED LEMON BUNDT CAKE - SWEETEST MENU
INCREDIBLY QUICK AND EASY LEMON GLAZE FOR ANGEL FOOD CAKE
LEMON LOAF CAKE WITH LEMON GLAZE - LEMON BLOSSOMS
EASY GLAZED LEMON LOAF CAKE (BETTER THAN STARBUCKS® )
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #desserts #fruit #cakes #dietary #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the recipe for lemon cake?Beat in lemon rind and vanilla. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Using wooden spoon, stir into butter mixture alternately with milk, making 3 additions of flour mixture and 2 of milk. Pour batter into greased and floured 10-inch (3 L) bundt pan.
How do you Make Lemonade glaze for a cake?To make the Glaze: In a medium bowl, combine lemon juice and confectioners' sugar. Beat in the melted butter and 1 tablespoon water. Poke holes in the top of the cake and pour glaze over.
What are the ingredients in lemon glaze?This easy lemon glaze recipe is made with only three ingredients: confectioners' sugar, milk, and fresh lemon juice or lemon extract. It's perfect drizzled on pound cakes, rum cakes, Bundt cakes, coffee cakes, sweet rolls, cookies, and more.
How do you make the perfect lemon bread?Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease an 8×4 inch loaf pan with butter or nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs and beat well, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Beat again to combine.