SHERRIED ARTICHOKE CHICKEN
Featuring a mushroom-tarragon gravy, Kathy Peters' no-fuss entree is ideal for dinner parties and weeknight suppers alike. "The chicken is elegant and comes together easily," she writes from North Versailles, Pennsylvania. Perhaps the largest benefit the main course offers, however, is the contribution it lends to a healthy cook's recipe box. Try it, and you'll surely agree.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine the paprika, salt and pepper; sprinkle over both sides of chicken. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter until browned on both sides. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with artichokes; set aside. , In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining butter until tender. Stir in broth and tarragon. Bring to a boil. Combine the flour and sherry or additional broth until smooth; stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chicken., Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 263 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 78mg cholesterol, Sodium 815mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ROSEMARY-SKEWERED ARTICHOKE CHICKEN
These attractive kabobs from Lisa White of San Diego, California put rosemary in the spotlight. The chicken and vegetables have a lovely, fresh herb flavor whether you choose to use the rosemary stems as skewers or not.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, dill, oregano, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. , Using a vegetable peeler, peel bark from the bottom half of each rosemary stem and make a point at each end; soak in water until ready to use. , Drain and discard marinade. On soaked rosemary stems, alternately thread the chicken, artichokes, squash and tomatoes. Position the leaf parts of the rosemary stems so they are outside of the grill cover. , Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215 calories, Fat 9g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 321mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CHICKEN WITH ARTICHOKES
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper. With the flat side of a meat mallet or a small skillet, pound to a 1/2-inch thickness. To soften noise, place chicken in plastic on a folded kitchen towel when pounding.
- In a medium skillet, heat 3 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Coat chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Saute until golden brown and cooked through, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Remove.
- To pan, add garlic, white part of the scallions, and 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits. Add artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, and remaining teaspoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Cook until artichokes are heated through and sauce has reduced slightly, about 1 minute. Spoon mixture over chicken.
- To make couscous, if desired: Bring a small pot of salted water to boil; add couscous. Boil until couscous is tender but still pleasantly chewy, about 10 minutes. Drain, toss with scallion greens, and serve alongside chicken.
CHICKEN AND ARTICHOKES
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and paprika to taste. Melt butter or margarine in heavy skillet and brown chicken on all sides. Remove to covered 9x13 inch casserole.
- Add mushrooms to pan drippings and saute. Add flour and gradually add stock or broth and sherry. Season with rosemary; deglaze skillet.
- Arrange artichoke hearts among the chicken pieces and pour sauce over all. Cover and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 40 minutes or until tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450.3 calories, Carbohydrate 13.4 g, Cholesterol 182.6 mg, Fat 12.8 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 67 g, SaturatedFat 6.8 g, Sodium 1239 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
SHERRIED ARTICHOKE CHICKEN
I got this from my mother. I remember her making this back in the 70s. This was very popular so she would make it in large batches and would marinate the chicken sometimes but it is not necessary NOTES: 1. I did not use the salt, pepper and paprika. 2. I did not have a casserole dish that size so I used a 13X9 baking pan. 3. I cut the artichoke hearts in half. 4. I did not use any shallots or green onions. 5. I did not cover it so I baked it longer (60 minutes). 6. I used 3 cups broth and 1 cup sherry because the meat was spread out, but if you use the casserole dish then follow the recipe. 7. I used a pound of mushrooms because I really like them. 8. I have also made this with skinless, boneless breasts
Provided by MonicaJanet
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a heavy skillet.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Brown the chicken pieces in skillet.
- Remove chicken to a 1&1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Place artichoke hearts among the chicken parts.
- Add the remaining butter to the skillet.
- Add the shallots and mushrooms to the skillet and cook about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the flour.
- Stirring constantly, add the chicken broth and sherry to the skillet.
- Cook for a few minutes to combine.
- Pour sauce over chicken and artichokes, cover and heat at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes.
CHICKEN WITH SHERRIED ARTICHOKES
- Sprinkle chicken generously with salt, pepper and paprika. Melt 4 Tbsp butter in a large skillet. Saute chicken until nicely browned. Transfer to a 2 quart casserole dish. Arrange artichoke hearts between the chicken pieces. Add the remaining butter to the drippings in the skillet. Add mushrooms and green onions, and saute until tender. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables, and then stir in the chicken broth and sherry. Cook, stirring, for a few minutes. Pour sauce and vegetables over the chicken. Cover and bake @ 375 for 50 minutes.
SHERRIED ARTICHOKE CHICKEN
- Combine the paprika, salt & pepper; sprinkle over both sides of chicken.
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook chicken in 1 tbs butter until browned on both sides.
- Transfer to a 2-qt baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top with artichokes; set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining butter until tender. Stir in the broth & tarragon. Bring to a boil.
- Combine the flour & sherry (or additional broth) until smooth; stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook & stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over chicken. Cover & bake at 350*F for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299.6, Fat 9.8, SaturatedFat 4.5, Cholesterol 90.8, Sodium 560.5, Carbohydrate 18.4, Fiber 9.3, Sugar 2.5, Protein 31.4
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pat chicken dry and season both sides with paprika and salt and pepper. In a 10- to 12-inch heavy skillet heat 2 tablespoons butter over moderate heat until foam subsides and cook chicken, until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. With tongs transfer chicken to a 2 1/2- to 3-quart shallow baking dish or casserole. In a colander rinse artichoke hearts and drain on paper towels. Scatter artichoke hearts around chicken.
- Slice mushrooms. Wipe out skillet and in it heat remaining 4 tablespoons butter over moderate heat until foam subsides. Add mushrooms, tarragon, and salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring, until liquid given off by mushrooms is evaporated. Add flour and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, 3 minutes. Add Sherry or Marsala and broth and bring to a boil, stirring. Simmer sauce, stirring, 5 minutes and pour over chicken.
- Cover baking dish or casserole with foil or a lid and bake mixture in middle of oven 40 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
More about "sherried artichoke chicken recipes"
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH SHERRY, ARTICHOKES AND PANCETTA
15 ARTICHOKE CHICKEN RECIPES TO TRY ASAP | ALLRECIPES
BEST ARTICHOKE CHICKEN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ARTICHOKE CHICKEN
SHERRIED CHICKEN WITH ARTICHOKES RECIPE - IFOOD.TV
CHICKEN WITH ARTICHOKE AND PANCETTA PAN SAUCE - JO COOKS
SHERRY-BRAISED CHICKEN WITH ARTICHOKE HEARTS RECIPE
RECIPE: SHERRIED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH ARTICHOKE HEARTS
SHERRIED CHICKEN WITH ARTICHOKE HEARTS - PLAIN.RECIPES
SHERRIED ARTICHOKE CHICKEN - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SHERRIED ARTICHOKE CHICKEN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
SHERRIED ARTICHOKE CHICKEN - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
SHERRIED ARTICHOKE CHICKEN - DIABETIC RECIPE, BUT HAS A LOT OF SHERRY ...
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH ARTICHOKES IN MUSHROOM-SHERRY SAUCE
SHERRIED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS & ARTICHOKES - HEALTH BY JAN
SHERRY-BRAISED CHICKEN WITH ARTICHOKE HEARTS RECIPE - LEITE'S …
SHERRIED ARTICHOKE CHICKEN | RECIPE | ARTICHOKE CHICKEN, RECIPES ...
SHERRIED CHICKEN THIGHS | SAVORY
ARTICHOKE HEART AND SHERRY RECIPES (36) - SUPERCOOK
CHICKEN RECIPES COCOTTE
CHICKEN AND ARTICHOKES IN WINE SAUCE - SHERRY BABY RECIPES
SHERRIED CHICKEN AND ARTICHOKES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHICKEN FLORENTINE ARTICHOKE BAKE - SHERRY BABY RECIPES
PAN-SEARED CHICKEN WITH CREAMY ARTICHOKE SAUCE
SHERRY ARTICHOKE CHICKEN – RECIPES FROM THE GARDEN
ARTICHOKE CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
SHERRIED CHICKEN AND ARTICHOKES - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
CROCK POT CHICKEN AND ARTICHOKE CASSEROLE - BIGOVEN.COM
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #very-low-carbs #main-dish #poultry #oven #chicken #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #chicken-breasts #whole-chicken #equipment #presentation #served-hot #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love