AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD - LOW CARB AND GLUTEN-FREE RECIPE - (4/5)
Provided by coffeycake
Number Of Ingredients 22
- 1.For the starter, combine whole milk and lemon juice in a medium bowl and let thicken 10 minutes. 2.Add almond flour and granulated erythritol and stir to combine. 3.Transfer to a ziploc bag and remove as much air as possible. Then seal bag and allow to sit on counter for 4 days, massaging to mix ingredients 2 to 3 times a day. 4.On the 5th day, preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan very well. 5.Pour starter into a large bowl. Add one cup almond flour, 1/2 cup granulated erythritol, oil, eggs and vanilla extract and mix well. Set aside. 6.In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining 1 cup almond flour, remaining 1/2 cup granulated erythritol, vanilla pudding mix, whey protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. 7.Add dry ingredients to starter mixture and stir until fully combined. Pour into prepared loaf pan. 8.For the topping, in a small bowl, whisk together granulated erythritol and cinnamon. Sprinkle over batter in pan. 9.Bake 50-60 minutes or until loaf is cooked through and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. If you find that your loaf is browning too quickly, cover with foil for the last 15 to 20 minutes of baking. Notes Serves 16. Each serving has 8.6 g of carbs and 3.1 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 5.5 g.
GLUTEN FREE AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease two loaf pans and set aside.
- In a bowl combine cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, white rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, oil, sugar,buttermilk, and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Stir in flour mixture and box of vanilla pudding. Mix until well combined.
- The topping is optional, but good. In a small bowl combined 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle half of the mixture in the bottom of the loaf pans and turn pan to coat. You are basically coating the pans with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pour batter into pans, dividing batter evenly between the two pans. Sprinkle remaining topping mixture if using, on top of the batter.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for about ten minutes. Then remove loaves from pan and cool on wire rack.
EASY FRIENDSHIP BREAD (AMISH BREAD) STARTER
This bread didn't originate from the Amish, but it's amazing nonetheless! Mix all ingredients together in a gallon-size ziploc bag.
Provided by RedheadAblaze
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 6-8 slices, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Dissolve yeast in small amount of warm water.
- Mix all ingredients together in a gallon-size ziploc bag. This is day one.
- Day 1 - Do nothing (This is the day you receive your starter, see date on your bag.).
- Day 2 - Mush the bag.
- Day 3 - Mush the bag.
- Day 4 - Mush the bag.
- Day 5 - Mush the bag.
- Day 6 - Add to the bag: 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup milk - Mush the bag.
- Day 7 - Mush the bag.
- Day 8 - Mush the bag.
- Day 9 - Mush the bag.
- Day 10 - Follow the instructions below:.
- Pour entire contents of the bag into a large non-metal bowl.
- For 4 starters: Add 1-1/2 cups flour, 1-1/2 cups sugar, 1-1/2 cups milk.
- For 1 starter: Add ½ cup flour, ½ cup sugar, ½ milk (Tip: Starter will form lumps - add flour and sugar only and stir until smooth then add milk gradually (it will take a lot of stirring.).
- Label four (or one), one-gallon Ziploc bags with "Day 1" and the date. Fill each of these bags with one cup of the mixture. These are starters for you to pass onto your friends and/or co-workers. If you'd like, you may keep one for yourself. Note: If you keep a starter bag for yourself, you will be baking bread every 10th day. If you don't keep one for yourself, you will have to wait until you receive another starter bag from a friend, as the Amish are the only ones who know how to create a starter. After filling the bags, there will be 1-1/2 cups of batter remaining.
- Preheat the oven to 325'.
- To the remaining batter add 3 eggs, 1-1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 cup oil (or ½ oil & ½ applesauce), ½ tsp baking soda, ½ cup milk, ½ tsp vanilla, 1 cup sugar, 2 cups flour, ½ tsp salt, 1 large box vanilla instant pudding, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 cup raisins (optional), 1 cup chopped nuts (optional).
- Note: It is easier to mix if you combine the dry ingredients (except for sugar and pudding) in another bowl then add it slowly to the batter.
- Grease bottom and sides of 2 large loaf pans or spray with Pam. Mix ½ cup sugar and 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Dust the insides of each of the pans with half of the mixture, making sure to cover the bottom and sides well.
- Pour batter evenly into the 2 pans and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture over top of the batter.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour (until toothpick comes out clean.) Cool until the bread loosens from the pan easily. Turn onto serving dish. May be served warm or cold. Enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1340.7, Fat 45.6, SaturatedFat 9.4, Cholesterol 115.8, Sodium 570.4, Carbohydrate 220.5, Fiber 2.9, Sugar 155.8, Protein 16.5
HEALTHIER AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD STARTER
Make something extra special to share with a friend! This delicious starter is healthier than the original version and can be used to make a variety of healthful breads. (Do not use metal containers or utensils.)
Provided by MakeItHealthy
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Dissolve yeast in water in a small bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Combine 1 cup all-purpose flour and 1 cup sugar in a 2-quart container. Mix thoroughly or flour will lump when milk is added. Slowly stir in 1 cup milk and dissolved yeast mixture. Cover loosely and let stand until bubbly. Consider this day 1 of the 10 day cycle. Leave loosely covered at room temperature.
- On days 2 through 4: Stir starter with a spoon. Day 5: Stir in 1 cup white whole wheat flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk. Days 6 through 9: Stir only.
- Day 10: Stir in 1/2 cup each all-purpose and white whole wheat flour, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup milk. Remove 1 cup to make your first bread, give 2 cups to friends along with this recipe, and your favorite Amish Bread recipe. Store the remaining 1 cup starter in a container in the refrigerator, or begin the 10 day process over again (beginning with step 2).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 33.2 calories, Carbohydrate 7.7 g, Cholesterol 0.2 mg, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.6 g, Sodium 3.3 mg, Sugar 5 g
More about "gluten free friendship bread starter recipes"
GLUTEN-FREE SOURDOUGH STARTER - KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.5/5 (15)Total Time 168 hrsServings 1.25Calories 1010 per serving
- Day 1: Mix together the flour and water in a medium-sized bowl, stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Cover the bowl, and let the mixture rest overnight at room temperature., Day 2: Discard half the starter, and feed the remainder with 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon (128g) cool water and 1 cup (121g) Measure for Measure flour., Days 3, 4, 5..
- Repeat the process from Day 2. Sometime between days 5 and 10, you'll notice that within several hours after feeding the starter will have grown in size to between 2 1/4 and 2 3/4 cups.
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD–GLUTEN-FREE AND NO STARTER …
GLUTEN AND DAIRY FREE LIVING: AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD - BLOGGER
STARTER FOR AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD RECIPE
GLUTEN FREE FRIENDSHIP BREAD & STARTER RECIPE
NO STARTER / STARTER FREE AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD RECIPE
EASY GLUTEN FREE SOURDOUGH BREAD WITH NO STARTER; BEST GLUTEN …
CHOCOLATE FRIENDSHIP BREAD - TASTES OF LIZZY T
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD STARTER WITH NO YEAST RECIPES
7 AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD STARTER (LOW SUGAR / SUGAR-FREE)
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD II - BETTER BATTER GLUTEN FREE FLOUR
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD STARTER & CLASSIC AMISH ... - KATE'S RECIPE …
HOW TO MAKE FRIENDSHIP BREAD STARTER RECIPE
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD I (DAIRY FREE) - BETTER BATTER GLUTEN FREE FLOUR
STARTER AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD – GLUTEN & LACTOSE FREE RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE A GLUTEN-FREE SOURDOUGH STARTER - VANILLA AND BEAN
WE B GLUTEN FREE: AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD - BLOGGER
GLUTEN-FREE ARCHIVES - FRIENDSHIP BREAD KITCHEN
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD STARTER (GLUTEN RECIPE
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD AND STARTER | KITCHEN KNEADS
GLUTEN FREE FRIENDSHIP BREAD & STARTER RECIPE
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD STARTER - FARM BELL RECIPES
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD & STARTER | TOP …
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD STARTER - 12 TOMATOES
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD STARTER RECIPE - TASTES OF LIZZY T
AMISH FRIENDSHIP CINNAMON BREAD - THE BAKING CHOCOLATESS
GLUTEN FREE SOURDOUGH BREAD | MADE WITH WILD YEAST STARTER
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD AND STARTER RECIPE – COOKMUSHROOM
GLUTEN FREE FRIENDSHIP BREAD & STARTER RECIPE
GLUTEN FREE SOURDOUGH STARTER | WILD YEAST
GLUTEN FREE FRIENDSHIP BREAD & STARTER RECIPE | RECIPE | STARTERS ...
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD STARTER FROM ANN - HILLBILLY HOUSEWIFE
GLUTEN FREE!! | AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD STARTER RECIPES, FRIENDSHIP ...
NO-STARTER AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD - AMATEUR RECIPES
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD (+ STARTER) - SALT AND DOUGH
NO-STARTER CINNAMON AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD | 12 TOMATOES
GLUTEN-FREE SOURDOUGH STARTER - STEP-BY-STEP RECIPE PRINTABLE …
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
FRIENDSHIP STARTER AND BREAD RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD RECIPE, STARTER RECIPE & GIFTING PRINTABLE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Amish friendship bread starter (potato flake)?Amish Friendship Bread Starter (Potato Flake) with Video. The recipe is simple enough: in a small bowl, mix 1 package of active dry yeast (about 2¼ teaspoons), 3 tablespoons potato flakes, ½ cup sugar and 1 cup warm water. Cover loosely and let it ferment at room temperature for two days. When you’re ready to feed your Potato Flake Starter,...
What is Amish friendship bread starter made of?1) When I talk about Amish Friendship Bread starter on the site, it is for the traditional AFB starter made of flour, sugar, and milk. The majority of recipes on the site use that starter.
Is bread starter gluten-free and dairy free?This starter recipe is gluten-free AND dairy-free (to make the bread gluten-free, swap the flour with a GF baking blend). When making the white bread or rolls you’ll want to make sure your starter has been fed that day or within 8-12 hours.
How to make Amish friendship bread sourdough?I recommend baking with the excess or sharing it with friends. This Potato Flake Amish Friendship Bread sourdough starter uses mashed potato flakes and is dairy free. In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons instant potato flakes, ½ cup sugar, 1 cup warm water and yeast. Cover loosely and let sit on the counter for 2 days, stirring daily.