GNOCCHI WITH CREAMY TOMATO & SPINACH SAUCE
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Fry the garlic until golden, then add the tomatoes. Season, then simmer for 10 mins. Stir in mascarpone, then cook for 2 mins more.
- Meanwhile, boil the gnocchi according to pack instructions. Add the spinach for the final min of cooking. Drain well, pour back into the pan, then stir the sauce through. Mix well and serve immediately with basil leaves and Parmesan shavings scattered over, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 393 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 48 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 9 grams protein, Sodium 1.67 milligram of sodium
SPINACH AND RICOTTA GNOCCHI WITH QUICK TOMATO SAUCE
Provided by Anne Burrell
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Unwrap the ricotta cheese from the cheesecloth; the texture should be pretty dry and crumbly. If it is really dry (this is good) pass it through the food mill with the biggest holes. Put the cheese into a large bowl.
- Finely chop the squeezed spinach and add it to the ricotta. Add the eggs, grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and nutmeg. Mix until well combined. Taste and season with salt, if needed. Add in 1/4 cup of flour. If the mixture is still very wet, add in the remaining 1/4 cup of flour.
- Dust a sheet tray generously with flour. Coat another sheet tray generously with semolina flour. Fill a pastry bag with the ricotta/spinach mixture. Pipe 1 1/2-inch balls of the cheese mixture onto the all-purpose flour lined tray. Shake the tray around to coat the balls in flour. Roll each flour coated cheese piece around in your hand to form a ball. Do this gently so as to not squish the cheese balls. Arrange them on the semolina lined tray.
- Bring a saucepan full of water to a boil over medium heat. Set up a bowl of ice water. In the bottom of each tomato cut an "X" in the skin. Working in batches, put the tomatoes in the boiling water for 15 to 20 seconds ONLY! Remove the tomatoes from the boiling water and put them immediately into the ice water. When the tomatoes have cooled, remove them from the ice water and the skin should come off very easily.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the tomatoes; coarsely chop the tomatoes and reserve.
- Coat a large straight-sided saute pan, over medium-high heat, with olive oil. Add the onions, season with salt, to taste. Toss in the crushed red pepper and cook the onions until they are soft and aromatic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and season with salt, to taste. Bring the tomato mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed.
- Toss in the basil just before serving.
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat until the water is at a simmer. Carefully add the gnocchi to the simmering water. Cook until the gnocchi float and have begun to swell, 3 to 5 minutes.
- On individual serving plates, spoon some sauce on each plate and spread it out until it becomes a 4 to 5-inch circle.
- Using a spider or long handled mesh strainer, carefully remove the gnocchi from the cooking water, blot on a tea towel and arrange 5 gnocchi on each circle of sauce. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano and serve.
SPINACH RICOTTA GNOCCHI WITH TOMATO SAUCE
- Make sauce:
- in a 9- to 10-inch heavy skillet cook garlic and onion in oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until onion is softened. Add tomatoes with reserved juice, wine, and salt and pepper to taste and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Make gnocchi while sauce is cooking:
- In a small saucepan combine spinach with 1/2 cup water and simmer, covered, breaking up with a fork occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain spinach in a colander and rinse under cold water to cool. Squeeze spinach in a small handfuls until as dry as possible and chop fine.
- In a 5-quart saucepan bring 4 quarts salted water to a boil for cooking gnocchi. Set broiler rack about 4 inches form heat and preheat broiler.
- In a bowl stir together spinach, ricotta, 1/3 cup Parmesan, yolk, 2 tablespoons flour, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste until combined well (mixture will be very soft). With well-floured hands form rounded tablespoons of mixture into logs about 2 inches long and 1 inch in diameter (about 18) and transfer gnocchi as formed to a sheet of wax paper.
- Working in 2 batches, carefully transfer gnocchi with a spatula to boiling water and cook until they rise to surface, about 2 minutes. Transfer gnocchi as cooked with a slotted spoon to a buttered shallow baking dish large enough to hold them in one layer and sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan. Broil gnocchi until very hot and cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve gnocchi with tomato sauce.
GNOCCHI IN TOMATO CREAM SAUCE.
- Chop the onion, carrot and celery.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan or pot and add the onion, carrot and celery.
- Cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 fahrenheit (210 celsius).
- Add the tomatoes,including the juice,to the pan along with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes until thickened.
- Don't forget to stir occasionally.
- Put in the blender and puree.
- Pour it back into the pan, remove from the heat and stir in cream and nutmeg.
- Season to taste.
- Place the gnocchi in a large baking dish and cover with the sauce. (Precook the gnocchi to package directions if you are using storebought gnocchi.)
- Bake in preheated oven until very hot and starting to brown on top.
- About 7-10 minutes.
- Serve immediatly, sprinkled with parsley.
- The sauce can be made a day ahead up until adding the cream.
- Only add the cream and bake just before serving.
- This makes a great and very tasty vegetarian dish or side dish.
- I like to make it with spinach gnocchi.
- Serve with bread to mop up the delicious sauce.
GNOCCHI WITH TOMATOES AND SPINACH
This is a delicious meal, excellent as a light lunch or as a side to any grilled meats or fish with a salad. I love it because its so quick and easy to make. You can also customize this recipe to your taste!
Provided by tosin.obileye
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 , 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Finely chop the shallots.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sautee the shallots, garlic and chilli. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes until it thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the spinach leaves, allow to wilt.
- In the meantime boil the gnocchi in salted water until they float to the surface (about 3 minutes).
- Add to the tomato sauce and stir well. Just before serving sprinkle with fresh basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 108.5, Fat 4.3, SaturatedFat 0.6, Sodium 111.3, Carbohydrate 15.5, Fiber 5.3, Sugar 6.4, Protein 5.9
More about "gnocchi with creamy tomato spinach sauce recipes"
GNOCCHI WITH TOMATO SAUCE AND SPINACH | RICARDO
5/5 (34)Category Main DishesServings 6Total Time 1 hr 35 mins
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Season with salt. Cook until tender. Drain. Let cool and peel. Purée the warm potatoes through a potato ricer, or, crush with a masher. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- With a knife, make a cross-shaped incision at the end of each tomato, opposite side the stalk. In boiling water, blanch for 1 to 2 minutes, depending on their ripeness. Place the tomatoes in cold water and then peel, core, and dice them.
ONE-POT CREAMY TOMATO SPINACH GNOCCHI - FORK IN THE …
Ratings 42Calories 599 per servingCategory Dinner
GNOCCHI WITH CREAMY TOMATO & SPINACH SAUCE | PALEO
Servings 4-5Total Time 55 minsCategory Main-Meals
VEGAN GNOCCHI WITH SPINACH AND TOMATOES - VEGAN HEAVEN
PARMESAN SPINACH GNOCCHI (WITH HOW-TO VIDEO!) - LIFE AS A …
GNOCCHI WITH TOMATOES AND SPINACH RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
GNOCCHI WITH CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
VEGAN HOMEMADE GNOCCHI WITH CREAMY TOMATO & SPINACH SAUCE …
QUICK GNOCCHI WITH CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CREAMY TUSCAN GNOCCHI RECIPE - CAFE DELITES
7 PERFECT SAUCES FOR GNOCCHI - THE SPRUCE EATS
CREAMY SUN DRIED TOMATO AND SPINACH GNOCCHI RECIPE
GNOCCHI WITH SPINACH & TOMATOES RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
CREAMY GNOCCHI WITH TOMATOES AND SPINACH - THE ASHCROFT …
CREAMY SUN-DRIED TOMATO GNOCCHI - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
ONE POT CREAMY TOMATO SALMON GNOCCHI - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
GNOCCHI IN TOMATO CREAM SAUCE - CREME DE LA CRUMB
CHEESY BAKED GNOCCHI WITH CREAMY TOMATO & SPINACH
CREAMY TOMATO GNOCCHI WITH SPINACH & PEAS (USING SOUP)
CREAMY TOMATO GNOCCHI WITH SPINACH & PEAS (USING SOUP)
RECIPE: TUSCAN PORK & GNOCCHI WITH SPINACH & ROMESCO-TOMATO …
GNOCCHI WITH CREAMY TOMATO & SPINACH SAUCE RECIPE
CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE FOR PASTA OR GNOCCHI RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PAN FRIED GNOCCHI WITH SPINACH AND TOMATOES - THE LAST FOOD BLOG
THREE CHEESE BAKED GNOCCHI WITH SPINACH RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
CREAMY TUSCAN CHICKEN WITH GNOCCHI - EVERYDAY DELICIOUS
BAKED SPINACH GNOCCHI IN CREAM SAUCE – LIGHTER VERSION
TUSCAN SUN-DRIED TOMATO GNOCCHI - DISHING OUT HEALTH
15 MINUTE ONE PAN CREAMY SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND BASIL GNOCCHI
CHEESY BAKED GNOCCHI WITH CREAMY TOMATO & SPINACH - BEAUTY …
CHEESY GNOCCHI SKILLET WITH TOMATOES AND SPINACH
GNOCCHI WITH CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE - COOKING LSL
GLUTEN FREE RICOTTA GNOCCHI WITH QUICK TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
GNOCCHI WITH CREAMY TOMATO & SPINACH SAUCE | RECIPE | BBC GOOD …
BAKED GNOCCHI WITH TOMATO, RICOTTA AND SPINACH
SAUCES FOR GNOCCHI PASTA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
ONE-PAN SPINACH AND CHEESE GNOCCHI - HALF BAKED HARVEST
EASY CREAMY TOMATO AND SAUSAGE GNOCCHI RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BAKED GNOCCHI CASSEROLE IN CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE
CREAMY GNOCCHI WITH TOMATOES - MESS FOR LESS
GNOCCHI WITH BACON AND SPINACH IN A TOMATO CREAM SAUCE
GNOCCHI WITH CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
CREAMY TOMATO GNOCCHI • SALT & LAVENDER
You'll also love