SEAR-ROASTED RIB STEAK WITH GARLIC BUTTER
Here's the secret of those delicious bistro steaks: a little garlicky butter slathered on while searing. Serve the steak with Pommes Frites and wallow in your happiness.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Chop the garlic finely. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon salt over the garlic and continue to chop it, occasionally smashing and smearing the garlic with the flat side of the knife, until the garlic becomes paste-like. (Alternatively, mash the garlic and salt together in a mortar and pestle.) Put the garlic paste, butter, thyme, and pepper in a small bowl. Fold the softened butter over and onto the garlic and thyme, mashing it down with the back of a spoon or spatula. Use a sheet of plastic wrap to help shape the butter into a log, wrap the log well with the plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to use. (The garlic butter can be made up to 3 days ahead; it can also be frozen, well wrapped, for a couple of months.)
- Melt half of the garlic-butter mixture in a small pan over medium heat. (Rewrap and save the other half for future use; it's great stuff under the skin of a chicken before roasting or tossing into the broth of steamed mussels.)
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large ovenproof saute pan, heat the vegetable oil over high heat until very hot. Season the steaks with a little salt and pepper. Add the steaks to the pan and brown them well on 1 side, about 5 minutes. Turn the steaks and brush them liberally with the garlic butter. Finish cooking the steaks in the oven, brushing them occasionally with more garlic butter, until done, about another 5 minutes. (The time will vary depending on how you like your steaks cooked and how thick they are.) Remove the steaks from the oven and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve smaller steaks whole or sliced thinly across the grain. Cut larger steaks into 2 servings or into thin slices. Spoon any remaining juices from the pan onto the meat as well.
GOTHAM RIB STEAK
- Bring a 32-oz. rib steak to room temperature for 2 hours before cooking.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Brush both sides of steak with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle both sides generously with Kosher salt.
- Place steak in a broiling pan.
- Switch oven to broiler setting at high heat.
- Sear one side of the steak for 3 minutes to achieve a char that will seal in juices.
- Use tongs to flip steak to sear the other side for 3 minutes (avoid using a fork and poking holes in the steak).
- After searing both sides, continue broiling an additional 15 minutes on high heat for a medium rare finish.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a platter. Before serving, let steak rest 15 minutes, allowing the juices to circulate internally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2490.1, Fat 200.6, SaturatedFat 81.8, Cholesterol 618, Sodium 508.9, Protein 159.1
GRILLED MARINATED RIBEYES
These juicy steaks are a favorite meal of ours when we go camping. Let them sit in tangy, barbecue-inspired marinade overnight and you've got a rich and hearty dinner ready to grill up the next day. -Louise Graybiel, Toronto, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large resealable plastic bag, mix first nine ingredients. Add steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight., Drain steaks, discarding marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°), 5-7 minutes per side.Freeze option: Freeze steaks with marinade in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Drain beef, discarding marinade. Grill as directed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 570 calories, Fat 40g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 134mg cholesterol, Sodium 592mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 40g protein.
More about "gotham rib steak recipes"
GRILLED STEAKS (INDOORS) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (2)Category SteakServings 4Total Time 20 mins
- Rub seasoning evenly onto steaks then drizzle with olive oil and let it marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- After the steaks are seared, reduce the heat to moderately hot to hot and continue cooking the steaks to a desired doneness using the timing suggestions below.
GOTHAM STEEL SMOKELESS GRILL | GRILLING RECIPES, INDOOR ...
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
PERFECT PAN SEARED RIBEYE – GRUB & GRIPES
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
DEEP SQUARE PAN RECIPES - GOTHAM STEEL STORE
File Size 2MBPage Count 38
GOTHAM STEEL ELECTRIC GRILL RECIPES
THE GOTHAM RIB STEAK 34 OZ. - MENU - OLD HOMESTEAD STEAK ...
GOTHAM STEEL GRILL PAN RECIPES
GOTHAM RIB STEAK RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RECIPES, RIB ...
47 GOTHAM STEEL IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES, RECIPES, FOOD
GOTHAM STEEL RECIPES FREE RECIPES
9 BEST STEAKS IN NYC - GOTHAM MAG
BEST SITES ABOUT RECIPES FOR GOTHAM STEEL GRILL
GOTHAM STEAKHOUSE & BAR — WELCOME TO GOTHAM STEAKHOUSE ...
RECIPES FOR GOTHAM STEEL PAN
GOTHAM RIB STEAK RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
GOTHAM RIB STEAK RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RECIPES, RIB ...
10 BEST RIBEYE STEAK RECIPES | YUMMLY
RIB-EYE STEAK RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GOTHAM STEAKHOUSE – GET THE BONE-IN RIB STEAK! – EATING ...
50+ QUICK & EASY RECIPES - GOTHAM STEEL STORE
GOTHAM RIB STEAK - TFRECIPES.COM
HOW TO GRILL A GREAT STEAK ON AN INDOOR GRILL ...
HOW TO COOK A RIBEYE STEAK - DAMN DELICIOUS
GOTHAM AIR CRISPER TRAY RECIPES
#time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #5-ingredients-or-less #very-low-carbs #beef #easy #dietary #low-sodium #high-protein #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something #meat #steak #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What kind of meat is at Gotham Steakhouse?Gotham serves only Prime Grade beef and the freshest fish and seafood. The menu is simple and classic steakhouse, with only the finest ingredients making the cut. Our hand–crafted cocktails and extensive wine list make decisions just a little harder, but satisfaction guaranteed.
How to cook a rib roast with garlic butter?In a large ovenproof saute pan, heat the vegetable oil over high heat until very hot. Season the steaks with a little salt and pepper. Add the steaks to the pan and brown them well on 1 side, about 5 minutes. Turn the steaks and brush them liberally with the garlic butter.
How to make corned beef in Gotham Steel?Instructions Heat oil in the 12 ½” Gotham skillet over medium high heat. Sauté onions and potatoes until slightly browned. Stir in corned beef. Season with pepper and add vinegar 1 tablespoon at a time, cooking for to 5 minutes in between each addition.
How to cook a steak with garlic butter?Directions. Season the steaks with a little salt and pepper. Add the steaks to the pan and brown them well on 1 side, about 5 minutes. Turn the steaks and brush them liberally with the garlic butter. Finish cooking the steaks in the oven, brushing them occasionally with more garlic butter, until done, about another 5 minutes.