EASY CLASSIC GOULASH
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot pot until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes; drain and discard grease. Stir onion and garlic into beef; cook and stir until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Stir tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, water, sofrito, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt, and bay leaves into beef mixture. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until flavors blend, about 20 minutes.
- Pour macaroni into beef mixture, cover the pot, and continue simmering until pasta is tender and flavors are completely blended, about 25 minutes. Discard bay leaves.
Make this hearty beef goulash to feed the family on chilly nights. Stir in the soured cream and parsley for an indulgent, crowd-pleasing supper
Recipe From bbcgoodfood.com
Provided by Member recipe by sweetunique
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a flameproof casserole dish or heavy-based saucepan. Sprinkle 700g stewing steak chunks with 30g plain flour and brown well in three batches, adding an extra 1 tbsp oil for each batch. Set the browned meat aside.
- Add in the remaining 1 tbsp oil to the casserole dish, followed by 1 large thinly sliced onion, 2 finely chopped garlic cloves, 1 green pepper and 1 red pepper, both finely sliced. Fry until softened, around 5-10 mins.
- Return the beef to the pan with 2 tbsp tomato purée and 2 tbsp paprika. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins.
- Add in 2 large diced tomatoes, 75ml dry white wine and 300ml beef stock. Cover and bake in the oven for 1 hr 30 mins - 2 hrs. Alternatively, cover and cook it on the hob on a gentle heat for about an hour, removing the lid after 45 mins.
- Sprinkle over 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley leaves and season well with salt and freshly ground pepper. Stir in 150ml soured cream and serve.
HUNGARIAN GOULASH I
A spicy way to dress up stew beef. My mom made this when we were kids, and we loved it. It is spicy while not mouth-burning! Can be made with cheaper cuts of beef, and comes out very tender. If it gets too thick, add a little water while it's cooking. Garnish with sour cream.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by ENVIRO2
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook onions in oil until soft, stirring frequently. Remove onions and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine paprika, 2 teaspoons salt and pepper. Coat beef cubes in spice mixture, and cook in onion pot until brown on all sides. Return the onions to the pot, and pour in tomato paste, water, garlic and the remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until meat is tender.
Talk about your heirloom recipes! My grandmother made this Hungarian goulash recipe for my mother when she was a child, and Mom made it for us to enjoy. Paprika and caraway add wonderful flavor and sour cream gives it a creamy richness. It's simply scrumptious! -Marcia Doyle, Pompano, Florida
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place the onions, carrots and green peppers in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle meat with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, brown meat in oil in batches. Transfer to slow cooker., Add broth to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Combine the flour, paprika, tomato paste, caraway seeds, garlic, sugar and remaining salt and pepper; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender., Cook noodles according to package directions. Stir sour cream into slow cooker. Drain noodles; serve with goulash.
This skillet meal is perfect for weeknight dinners-it's beefy, creamy and cheesy and packed with tomatoes and macaroni--and everyone will ask for seconds!
Recipe From bettycrocker.com
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add beef and onion. Cook 7 to 9 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is brown; drain, and return to skillet. Add garlic; cook about 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant. Stir in broth, tomato sauce, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, paprika and pepper. Heat to simmering, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in macaroni; cover and cook 16 to 18 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender. Stir in cream cheese until completely melted, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with shredded cheese; top with crushed croutons.
My grandfather came from Hungary when he was three. My grandmother made this recipe for a taste of home for him. It is Americanized, but still delicious. He added sour cream to his, while we kids we ate it plain. The consistency grandma made was like a casserole or stew rather than a soup.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Kelly Nagy Cramer
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef, onion, and garlic in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Season beef with paprika, black pepper, and seasoned salt. Stir tomato sauce and tomato paste into the beef mixture until smooth. Pour water over the beef; add macaroni and stir.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer mixture, adding water as needed to maintain your desired consistency, until the macaroni is tender yet firm to the bit, about 20 minutes. Adjust seasoning before serving.
Not to be confused with the Hungarian dish of paprika-spiced stewed meat and vegetables, this American version of goulash, also referred to as "slumgullion," is made with ground beef and pasta. The beef is cooked down with plenty of aromatics and spices and combined with tomatoes, pasta, and cheese to create the perfect comfort meal. We added paprika to the dish in a nod to its Hungarian counterpart.
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the beef and cook, stirring and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned and no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon salt, a few grinds of pepper, the paprika, and Italian seasoning to the beef and stir to combine. Cook, stirring, until the paprika begins to toast and become fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir the tomato paste into the beef mixture to coat, then cook until the paste thickens and deepens in color, about 2 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire and beef broth to the beef mixture and stir, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot, to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to medium low and add the cavatappi. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Gently stir in the parsley and Cheddar until combined and the cheese starts to melt. Divide the goulash among 6 bowls and top with more shredded Cheddar and chopped parsley.
- Cook and stir the ground beef in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, breaking the meat up as it cooks, until the meat is no longer pink and has started to brown, about 10 minutes. Skim off excess fat, and stir in the onions and garlic. Cook and stir the meat mixture until the onions are translucent, about 10 more minutes.
- Stir water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, and seasoned salt into the meat mixture and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir macaroni into the mixture, cover, and simmer over low heat until the pasta is tender, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, discard bay leaves, and serve.
Serve up a hearty goulash for the ultimate comforting stew on winter nights. Searching for the perfect accompaniment? Try mashed potato, dumplings or your favourite veg.
Recipe From bbcgoodfood.com
Number Of Ingredients 1
30-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion north-american main-dish beef pasta american southwestern-united-states tex-mex dietary one-dish-meal inexpensive ground-beef meat pasta-rice-and-grains
People also searched
More recipes about "goulash recipes"
HUNGARIAN GOULASH RECIPE | BEEF RECIPES | BEEF STEW
2013-05-07 · Melt the butter or margarine in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the onion, tomato and green pepper. Sauté a few minutes, until onions are soft. Add the …
- Melt the butter or margarine in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the onion, tomato and green pepper. Sauté a few minutes, until onions are soft. Add the beef, beef stock, flour, paprika and red wine. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Add the water, cover and simmer for 90 minutes.
EASY GOULASH RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BEEF GOULASH
2020-09-18 · Directions In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
EASY GOULASH RECIPE (ONE POT AMERICAN STYLE) - COOKING CLASSY
2020-04-24 · This delicious, easy goulash recipe is made with hearty beef, tender macaroni pasta, lots of vegetables and a savory tomato based sauce. Makes about 7 …
- Saute veggies: Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and carrot and saute 6 minutes. Scoot to one far side.
- Brown beef: Add beef in about 5 chunks and let brown on bottom, about 2 - 3 minutes then break up beef and toss with veggies. Cook beef through, tossing occasionally.
- Add canned ingredients and seasonings, simmer: Pour in chicken broth, tomato paste, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning and paprika. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture to a simmer.
PAULA DEEN’S GOULASH (THE BEST EVER) - A SOUTHERN GIRL
2011-11-13 · In large pot, cook ground beef over medium heat until browned, spoon off any extra grease. Add onion and garlic, saute until transparent. Add 3 cups of water, …
TOP 10 BEST GOULASH RECIPES
2021-02-24 · Goulash is a traditional Hungarian specialty that is usually prepared as a soup or stew of meat, noodles, and various vegetables. But, this delicious dish is loved by all people around the world and they’ve made some variations in the original recipe just to adapt goulash …
10 BEST HAMBURGER GOULASH RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-09 · Hamburger Goulash Recipes 7,089 Recipes. Last updated Jul 09, 2021. This search takes into account your taste preferences. 7,089 suggested recipes. Hamburger Goulash Gonna Want Seconds. vegetable oil, soy sauce, Hungarian paprika, crushed tomatoes and 12 more. Camp Hamburger Goulash …
See details ››
GRANDMA'S BEST GOULASH RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
2018-08-30 · Spicy Goulash. Ground cumin, chili powder and a can of Mexican diced tomatoes jazz up my goulash recipe. Even the elbow macaroni is prepared in the slow cooker. —Melissa Polk, West Lafayette, Indiana. Go to Recipe. 2 / 5.
See details ››
EASY CHEESY BEEF GOULASH RECIPE (+VIDEO) | LIL' LUNA
2019-01-24 · Instructions Saute ground beef in skillet over medium-high heat until cooked.
- Saute ground beef in skillet over medium-high heat until cooked. Drain. Add garlic and saute for about 5 minutes. Add water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, soy sauce, and seasoned salt. Stir well. Cover and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the uncooked elbow macaroni to skillet, stir well, return the lid and simmer for about 30 minutes. Turn off heat, remove the bay leaves, and add 1 cup of cheddar cheese right before serving.
EASY GOULASH RECIPE | I WASH YOU DRY
2020-01-30 · Add olive oil to large pot over medium-high heat. Add in the onion, bell pepper and ground beef then cook until beef is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat and return pot to stove top. Add in …
- Add olive oil to large pot over medium-high heat. Add in the onion, bell pepper and ground beef then cook until beef is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat and return pot to stove top. Add in garlic and stir until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Pour in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, Italian seasoning, bay leaves and dried macaroni noodles. Stir and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a light boil and stir occasionally until the pasta is tender, about 20 minutes.
EASY GOULASH RECIPE (ONE PAN) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
2019-03-09 · Cook ground beef, onion and garlic over medium high heat until no pink remains.
- Add pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, water, seasonings, bay leaves and green pepper. Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add in the in the macaroni and continue to simmer, covered, stirring occasionally until pasta is tender (about 20 minutes).
- Remove & discard bay leaves. Top with cheese and replace the lid. Let sit about 5 minutes or until melted.
CLASSIC AMERICAN BEEF GOULASH - IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER
Cooking: Heat large stock pot over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, onions and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles, stirring occasionally, or until onions are translucent. Stir …
- Heat large stock pot over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, onions and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles, stirring occasionally, or until onions are translucent.
- Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, water, soy sauce, paprika, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt and bay leaf; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in macaroni, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Discard bay leaf. Garnish with parmesan cheese, if desired.
EASY ONE-POT GOULASH RECIPE (ONLY 30 MINUTES!) - I HEART ...
2020-06-01 · Scroll down for the printable goulash recipe and video tutorial. SAUTE. Cook beef, onion and peppers in large pot or dutch oven until brown (about 3-5 minutes). Drain the grease, then add in …
- In a large pot, add beef, onion and peppers. Cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until brown. Drain any grease if needed. Stir in the garlic, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt and Worcestershire sauce. Allow to cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, sweet corn and chicken broth. Bring to a light simmer and then add in noodles. Stir, and then cover with a lid. Allow to cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the noodles are tender. Stir every few minutes to prevent the noodles from sticking.
- Taste and add salt and pepper. Sprinkle cheese over top if desired and cover with the lid for one minute, or until the cheese has melted.
CLASSIC GOULASH - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
2019-03-02 · This goulash recipe calls for macaroni but you can also use egg noodles for this dish if that’s what you have. You can add more flavor by replacing the water in this goulash recipe with beef broth, so the pasta absorbs the flavor of the beef broth as it cooks. Add a cup of sour cream to make this goulash with a cream sauce. You can also add ½ cup of cheese while the goulash …
- Add the ground beef, onions, bell peppers and garlic to a large dutch oven on medium-high heat and cook it breaking it apart until it is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes.
- Drain most of the fat then add in the remaining ingredients except the macaroni, bring to a boil then reduce to a low heat and simmer with a cover on for 15 minutes.
- Add in the macaroni, mix well then cover and simmer an additional 20 minutes, stirring occasionally before serving
GOULASH - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
2021-04-05 · Add the beef broth, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, bay leaf, Italian seasoning, soy sauce, garlic powder, paprika, seasoned salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Turn heat down to medium low and …
- In a Dutch oven, cook the ground beef and onion together until the onion softens and the meat cooks through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the beef broth, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, bay leaf, Italian seasoning, soy sauce, garlic powder, paprika, seasoned salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
PAULA DEEN: GROUND BEEF GOULASH RECIPE - WITH VIDEO
This traditional ground beef goulash recipe from Paula Deen is an easy to make main dish. Ingredients include ground beef, elbow macaroni and fire roasted tomatoes. Prep time is approximately 15 minutes and cooking time takes 15 minutes over medium high heat on the stove top.
HOW TO MAKE OLD-FASHIONED AMERICAN GOULASH | KITCHN
2020-01-15 · Brown the beef. Add 1 pound lean ground beef and season with 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Cook, breaking up the meat into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned, beginning to crisp, and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the seasonings and liquid.
BEANS GOULASH - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
33 minutes ago · Simmer until it thickens. For goulash, top with grated cheddar ... crackers or corn bread. Ingredients: 8 (beans .. macaroni .. onion .. soup ...) 3. GOURMET GOULASH. In a 5 quart pot brown meat and chopped onion until meat is no longer pink. Salt and pepper to taste before meat is completely brown. If ...
See details ››
OLD FASHIONED GOULASH! - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
2016-05-30 · Instructions In a large pan, saute your ground meat in skillet over medium-high heat until HALF cooked, remove from heat. Add garlic, onions, olive oil & until meat is fully cooked. Add water and broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, italian seasoning, bay leaves, and seasoned salt, pepper and adobo seasoning.
See details ››
GOULASH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
More Goulash Recipes. Classic Goulash. Classic Goulash . Rating: 4.49 stars. 1581 . Easy recipe for making a classic goulash. Can also be done in a slow cooker. Inspired by Paula Deen's Bobby's Goulash. By pathunt. Chef John's Beef Goulash. Chef John's Beef Goulash . Rating: 4.71 stars. 367 . This Hungarian-style goulash is a thick beef stew that is great served over buttered noodles and ...
See details ››