GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS
Grandma Smith makes the best baked beans ever. She is not good about sharing her recipes, however. She gave me these ingredients but no proportions. So here is my best guess.
Provided by Snowpeas
Yield 56 ounces, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Mix the beans, brown sugar and ketchup in a baking dish.
- Pull the bacon apart and place on top of the beans.
- Bake at 350 degrees until bacon is done and beans are bubbly. About 1 hour.
GRANDMA BROWN'S BEANS
Grandma Brown's canned baked beans are available in the northeast USA but not common elsewhere. They are very simple with only 6 ingredients named on the can. This is a process to recreate them faithfully. Note that these beans are not tomato based, they are thick not saucy, and they are only mildly sweet. The final product either from the can or from the recipe is easily modified to your taste by adding bacon, tomato ketchup, brown sugar, spices. But they are great the way they are. They taste like beans!
Provided by ks100
Yield 10 cups, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda to 6 cups water.
- bring water to a boil.
- sort through beans for debris.
- add navy beans to water.
- boil 10 minutes.
- turn off heat.
- cover pot.
- let sit overnight.
- rinse beans well.
- add beans and all other ingredients to oven proof pot with tight fitting lid.
- stir well.
- add water until beans are just covered.
- cover pot with lid.
- bake 5 to 6 hours at 300°F.
- every hour stir and add water to cover if beans are drying out.
- final product should be a thick and not runny.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161.6, Fat 1.3, SaturatedFat 0.3, Cholesterol 7.4, Sodium 994.3, Carbohydrate 28.7, Fiber 7.9, Sugar 9.2, Protein 9.4
GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS
- 1. Soak beans overnight. In the morning boil over a low heat for 30 minutes. Adding water to cover if necessary.
- 2. Take 1/2 cup of the bean liquid and dissolve the dry mustard, white sugar and brown sugar. Add to the beans.
- 3. Add the following to the beans. Molasses, salt and ketsup.
- 4. In a dutch oven place the onion and most of the pork cubes in the bottom. Pour in the bean mixture.
- 5. place the remaining pork cubes on top.
- 6. Bake at 325 degrees for 4 hours and 30 minutes.
BAKED BEANS WITH GRAMA BROWNS HELP
- 1. cut bacon into pieces cook until slightly done,drain fat. cut up onion saute until cooked.open cans of baked beans add bacon and onion.
- 2. add ketchup mustard and rest of ingredients into casserole dish mix well .place into oven at 350, and bake.you can also put cooked strips of bacon on top of beans .
More about "grandma browns baked beans recipes"
GRANDMA LUCY'S BAKED BEANS RECIPE — BLESS THIS MESS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 3 hrs 20 minsCategory SideCalories 218 per serving
- Open up your pork and beans, and drain off about 2/3 of the liquid. Don’t use a strainer; you do want some liquid left. (I normally just place the lid that I just used a can opener to open back inside the can, tip the can over while holding down the metal “lid,” and let it drain for about 10 seconds.)
- Chop the raw bacon up into small pieces. Place it in a hot skillet that has been heated over medium-high heat. Cook until well done and very crispy. Use a slotted spoon remove the cooked bacon, and place it on a paper towel-lined plate. Leave extra bacon grease in the skillet.
- Keep the skillet on the hot burner, and add the bell pepper and onion. Cook the vegetables in the bacon grease until tender, about 8 minutes.
CROCK-POT GRANDMA’S FAMOUS BAKED BEANS RECIPE
3.3/5 Category Side DishesCuisine AmericanCalories 265 per serving
10 BEST GRANDMA BROWN BAKED BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRANDMA GWEN'S BEANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (8)Total Time 2 hrs 5 minsServings 10
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook bacon, in batches, in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving desired amount of drippings in skillet. (We reserved about 3 Tbsp.) Crumble bacon.
- Sauté onions in hot drippings over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until onions are tender. Add brown sugar and next 4 ingredients. Cover and cook 20 minutes. Combine butter beans, next 3 ingredients, bacon, and onion mixture in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
GRANDMA'S REAL SOUTHERN BAKED BEANS – MUST LOVE HOME
3.6/5 (113)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory Side DishCalories 312 per serving
- Start by preheating the oven to 325 degrees. Then heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon to the hot skillet and fry the bacon until it is almost crisp. Transfer the bacon to a plate and cut the slices in half.
- DO NOT pour out the bacon grease. In the same skillet you used for the bacon, fry the onions, stirring them around in the bacon grease until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain off most of the fat from the onions and set the skillet aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cans of great northern beans and the pork and beans. To the beans add the cooked onion and bacon, and the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Pour the bean mixture into a very large baking dish, or two 9 x 13 foil baking pans. Place the pans on the center rack of the oven and bake for 1 -1/2 hours. Cool the beans slightly before serving.
GRANDMA'S OLD FASHIONED BAKED BEANS - THE BEST OF THIS …
BROWN SUGAR AND BACON BAKED BEANS - GRANDMA'S SIMPLE RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
GRANDMA BROWN'S BEANS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RECIPES ...
5/5 (7)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 10Total Time 5 hrs 20 mins
GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS - EASY BAKED BEANS RECIPE
Reviews 41Calories 94 per servingCategory Side Dish
GRANDMA BROWN'S BEANS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | GRANDMA ...
5/5 (7)Total Time 5 hrs 20 minsServings 10
GRANDMA BROWN'S BAKED BEANS - MOUNTAIN BREATHS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
GRANDMA BROWN S HOME BAKED BEANS - COOKEATSHARE
BAKED BEANS GRANDMA BROWN - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS | BAKED BEANS RECIPE - POSITIVELY JANE
GRANDMA BROWN'S BAKED BEANS - HOME COOKING - CHOWHOUND
HOLT'S FOOD CENTER IGA - RECIPE: GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS
GRANDMA BROWN BAKED BEANS RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
JAZZING UP GRANDMA BROWN'S BAKED BEANS | THE …
COPYCAT GRANDMA BROWN'S BAKED BEANS - ALL INFORMATION ...
WHERE ON EARTH IS GRANDMA BROWN? HER DEVOTED FANS IN CNY ...
GRANDMA BROWNS BAKED BEANS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
GRANDMAS REAL SOUTHERN BAKED BEANS - FOOD HEALTH COVERAGE
GRANDMA BROWNS BAKED BEANS RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
GRANDMA BROWNS BAKED BEANS RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to jazz up Grandma Brown's baked beans?Jazzing Up Grandma Brown's Baked Beans 1. Cut bacon into pieces cook until slightly done, drain fat. Cut up onion, saute until cooked. Open cans of baked beans... 2. Add ketchup mustard and rest of ingredients into casserole dish, mix well. Place into oven at 350, and bake. You can...
How to make baked beans with Grama Browns help?How to Make baked beans with grama browns help 1 cut bacon into pieces cook until slightly done,drain fat. cut up onion saute until cooked.open cans of baked beans add... 2 add ketchup mustard and rest of ingredients into casserole dish mix well .place into oven at 350, and bake.you can also... More ...
How do you make baked beans with bacon?1. Cut bacon into pieces cook until slightly done, drain fat. Cut up onion, saute until cooked. Open cans of baked beans add bacon and onion. 2. Add ketchup mustard and rest of ingredients into casserole dish, mix well. Place into oven at 350, and bake.
How long do you cook baked beans in the oven?Place the pans on the center rack of the oven and bake for 1 -1/2 hours. Cool the beans slightly before serving. Add in sliced jalapeno or banana peppers to taste if you want spicier beans. Recipe makes enough beans to serve a party, it can be easily cut in half for a family friendly amount.