APPLE AND CHEESE PIE
- Position an oven rack on the bottom third of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Butter the sides and bottom of a 9-inch-diameter glass or ceramic pie dish.
- Cut the apple quarters into 3 wedges. Mix the apples, cheese, sugar, butter, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl.
- Unroll one crust and place in the buttered pie dish. Brush the inside of the crust with some of the egg white to coat. Pour the apple filling into the crust. Unroll the second crust and place on top of the filling. Pinch the edge of the top crust and the edge of the bottom crust together to seal. Fold the double edge under and crimp, making a decorative edge. Brush the top of the pie with more of the egg white. Cut several slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake the pie until the crust is deep golden and the filling is bubbling through the slits, about 1 hour. Cover the edges of the pie with foil if the crust browns too quickly. Cool the pie for about 20 minutes before serving.
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE CRUST
- For the pie crust: Combine the flour, sugar and salt in the bowl of the food processor and give it a quick pulse to blend the ingredients. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture looks like crumbly sand. Add the cheese and pulse again until combined and cheese is worked into the mixture and cut into small chunks. Turn the mixture out into a bowl, drizzle in 6 tablespoons cold water, and mix in with a rubber spatula until the flour is moistened. Add another tablespoon of water, only if needed. Divide the dough in half, shape each half into a ball and flatten to a disc. Rest the dough to relax the gluten, 30 minutes.
- For the filling: Combine the Granny Smith apples, Braeburn apples, sugar, flour, light brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Adjust the baking racks to the center of the oven.
- Roll out 1 disc of the dough on a lightly floured surface to a 12-inch round. Transfer to a 9-inch pie dish. Add the apples in an even layer and dot with the butter. Lightly brush the edges with egg wash. Roll out the next dough round, slightly smaller than the first. Cover the top of the apples with the second pie dough, pressing the edges to seal the crust. Trim the crust so you are left with a 1-inch overhang. Tuck the crust underneath itself so it's flush with the edge of the pie plate. Crimp the edges decoratively. Brush the pie with the egg wash and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar. Make 5 air slits in the center of the pie. Place the pie on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for 45 minutes longer. Cool to room temperature, at least 3 hours, before slicing.
GRANDMA'S APPLE PIE
You'll elicit oohs and aahs every time you serve slices of this classic apple pie. The crisp crust is a nice complement to the tender apples.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim crust even with edge of plate. Set aside. , In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Arrange half of the apples in pastry shell; sprinkle with half of the sugar mixture. Repeat layers. Dot with butter. , Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush with milk and sprinkle with additional sugar. , Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm if desired or cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 417 calories, Fat 17g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 18mg cholesterol, Sodium 229mg sodium, Carbohydrate 65g carbohydrate (36g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
GRANDMA COVINGTON'S CHEESE APPLE PIE CRUST
- In a medium bowl sift flour, cornmeal and salt together, stir in cheese. Cut in shortening until mixture forms coarse crumbs.n
- Add the water one tablespoon at a time; mix until dough just holds together. Form into a ball.n
- Roll out dough to 1/8 of an inch on a lightly floured board; place in a 9 inch pie dish. Use as directed in pie recipe.n
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160.4 calories, Carbohydrate 12 g, Cholesterol 7.4 mg, Fat 11.1 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 190.9 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
GRANDMA OPLE'S APPLE PIE
This is a recipe for apple pie that I got from allrecipes.com and it is THE BEST apple pie I have ever had. It is different that ordinary apple pie, the fresh apples are placed in the crust, covered in a lattice top and smothered in a decadent sauce. Whoever Grandma Ople is, I would really like to thank her for she sure knows how to make a mean apple pie!For my crust, I use a recipe for pie crust that includes vinegar and is found on this site.
Provided by BirdyBaker
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add white sugar, brown sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce temperature, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work of crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425°F (220°C). Reduce the temperature to 350°F (175°C), and continue baking for 35-45 minutes.
- Note: you might want to set a baking sheet under the pie to catch any drips.
GRANDMA BONNIE'S PIE CRUST AND APPLE PIE RECIPE - (4/5)
Provided by VickiC223
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a lg bowl, sift together flour, sugar and salt. With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter til mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix egg, water and vinegar. Add to flour mixture. Mix til dough is moist enough to hold together. Divide dough into 4 egual parts and form disks. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrig til ready to use. (freeze if not using w/in 4 days) Roll out each piece to fit pie plates and fill w/ apple mix and top w/ other rolled out dough. For filling: Preheat oven to 350. Mix apples,flour, sugar and cinnamon. Stir and divide into two pie crusts. Dab each pie filling w/ 2 T butter and 3 T milk before fitting w/ top crust. Bake 40-45 mins
More about "grandma covingtons cheese apple pie crust recipes"
APPLE PIE WITH CHEESE CRUST - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
GRANDMA'S APPLE PIE CRUST - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
GRANDMA BONNIE LONGABERGER’S APPLE PIE FILLING AND CRUST RECIPES
GRANDMA COVINGTON'S CHEESE APPLE PIE CRUST | TATON
OLD FASHIONED APPLE PIE RECIPE – GRANDMA’S RECIPE MADE EASY!
GRANDMA THOMPSON'S PRIZE-WINNING APPLE PIE
GRANDMA COVINGTON'S CHEESE APPLE PIE CRUST RECIPE
GRANDMA’S OLD FASHIONED APPLE PIE WITH AN AMAZINGLY FLAKY …
GRANDMA COVINGTON'S CHEESE APPLE PIE CRUST ALLRECIPES ... RECIPE
BEST COOKING BREADCRUMB RECIPES: GRANDMA COVINGTON'S CHEESE …
GRANDMA COVINGTON'S CHEESE APPLE PIE CRUST - RECIPELER
GRANDMA’S CLASSIC APPLE PIE - CHELAN FRESH
GRANDMA COVINGTON'S CHEESE APPLE PIE CRUST - AMERICAN RECIPES
EINFACHES REZEPT FüR KäSE-APFELKUCHEN-KRUSTE VON OMA COVINGTON
GRANDMA OPLE'S FAMOUS APPLE PIE - SWEET LITTLE BLUEBIRD
GRANDMA COVINGTON'S CHEESE APPLE PIE CRUST BEST DISHES
GRANDMA'S PERFECT PIE CRUST | THE RECIPE CRITIC
GRANDMA COVINGTON'S CHEESE APPLE PIE CRUST - REVIEW BY TANAQUIL
GRANDMA COVINGTON'S CHEESE APPLE PIE CRUST | RECIPESTY
FRINKFOOD - GRANDMA COVINGTON'S CHEESE APPLE PIE CRUST
CHEESE -- GRANDMA COVINGTON'S CHEESE APPLE PIE CRUST
FAVORITE MENU GRANDMA COVINGTON'S CHEESE APPLE PIE CRUST :: YOU …
GRANDMA'S CREAMY APPLE PIE - THE BAKING FAIRY
GRANDMA COVINGTON'S CHEESE APPLE PIE CRUST | RECIPE | PIE CRUST, …
GRANDMA'S OLD FASHIONED APPLE PIE - ART AND THE KITCHEN
GRANDMA COVINGTON'S CHEESE APPLE PIE CRUST | RECIPE | PIE CRUST, …
GRANDMA'S APPLE PIE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
GRANDMA COVINGTON’S CHEESE APPLE PIE CRUST – DRSTARVE
CREAM CHEESE CRUST - PASTRY CRUSTS - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
RECIPES/GRANDMA-COVINGTONS-CHEESE-APPLE-PIE.JSON AT MASTER ...
GRANDMA’S APPLE PIE - COLEY COOKS
GRANDMA'S APPLE PIE RECIPE - THIS HOMEMADE HEAVEN
GRANDMA'S PERFECT HOMEMADE APPLE PIE - AUDREY'S LITTLE FARM
GRANDMA COVINGTON'S CHEESE APPLE PIE CRUST - PASTRY CRUSTS
You'll also love