GRANDMA'S BANANA BREAD
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and margarine until light and fluffy. Stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Blend this mixture into the egg mixture, alternately with the buttermilk; stir just to combine. Fold in the mashed bananas; mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes our clean, about 60 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 545.4 calories, Carbohydrate 92.6 g, Cholesterol 62.8 mg, Fat 17.3 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 7.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 479.6 mg, Sugar 58.6 g
GRANNY'S BANANA BREAD
My Great-Grandma used to make this for us whenever we would spend the night at her cabin in Paris, Arkansas. I make it now for my kids and it brings back such wonderful memories! It's absolutely magnificent warm with some sweetened butter.
Provided by TERRIFEV
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and white sugar. Stir in eggs, applesauce, bananas and vanilla extract. Fold in raisins and nuts if desired. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, until a knife inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298.4 calories, Carbohydrate 53.8 g, Cholesterol 35.3 mg, Fat 7.7 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 117.8 mg, Sugar 22.6 g
GRANDMA'S HOMEMADE BANANA BREAD
This recipe is a number one family favorite!!! It's been handed down from generation to generation. You can get creative by adding nuts, raisins or anything else that you want to throw in the batter
Provided by Jeannie Meyer
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Combine sugar, butter, bananas, eggs, flour, baking soda, milk, salt and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl; beat well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226.4 calories, Carbohydrate 38.5 g, Cholesterol 41.5 mg, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 3.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 136.4 mg, Sugar 23.3 g
GRANDMA'S BEST EVER BANANA NUT BREAD
This is dark, rich and moist. It is sweet and flavorful and I am told unlike any other people have tasted. Some liken it Mimi's Cafe, but say it is better. My mother, Belen, who passed away at the age of 100 had been making this for as long as I can remember. Please follow the instructions regarding putting the vinegar in the milk in one cup and the baking soda in warm water in another before mixing it with other ingredients. It makes a difference.
Provided by Chef Lunita
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 1 large loaf pan, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Mix together 4 tablespoons milk with 1 teaspoons white vinegar in a cup.
- Mix together 1 ts. baking soda with 1 tablespoons warm water in a separate cup.
- Beat sugar and margarine until blended.
- Add eggs and bananas and mix.
- Add everything else.
- Prepare a large.
- large loaf pan by coating it with shortening,.
- flour and lining the bottom with waxed.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- Toothpick test for doneness.
GRANDMAS' BANANA NUT BREAD
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add eggs, Crisco and 1 cup of the ripened, mashed bananas.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining bananas and lemon juice.
- Beat 2 more minutes.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a loaf pan sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until knife comes out clean.
GRANDMA'S BANANA BREAD
This bread recipe was from my husband's grandmother. It is so simple to make and always comes out great. The original recipe did not have the vanilla in it, but I always add it. If I have bananas that are ripe, but I am not ready to make the bread, I just plop them in the freezer, peel and all. No need to put in a bag. They will turn black, but the insides will remain good and will be perfect for the bread. Just remove from the freezer, peel and add to the mixture.
Provided by psychotammymom
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 1 loaf, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease a bread pan.
- Cream surage and shortening. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in the dry ingredients and then the mashed bananas.
- Pour into the bread pan and bake for 50-60 minutes at 300 degrees.
- Note: I usually bake this in a medium sized casserole pan. Just watch the cooking time. It should be done in about 40-50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 295.8, Fat 11.6, SaturatedFat 2.9, Cholesterol 42.3, Sodium 373.2, Carbohydrate 44.6, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 23.1, Protein 4.1
GRANDMA'S BANANA COOKIES
These cookies were voted an all-time favorite in our family. They can be made any time of the year-bring them to parties, keep them for your family, save one for yourself, save 10 for yourself, whatever you want! I promise everyone will love this delicious balance of sweet but not too sweet. Eat hot, eat cold, eat these whenever. They can be stored in the freezer or in a container.
Provided by mmich
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir mashed banana, sour cream, and vanilla together in another bowl.
- Cream margarine and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Beat in eggs. Mix in banana-sour cream mixture until incorporated. Add dry ingredients until well combined. Stir in nuts.
- Drop small spoonfuls of batter onto the prepared cookie sheet; cookies do not expand much in the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven, checking occasionally, until bottoms are light golden brown and cookies are set but still a tad soft, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove cookies to a rack to cool.
- While the cookies are cooling, prepare frosting: Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar and reduce heat to low. Stir and bring to a boil. Boil, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/4 cup milk and bring to a boil again. Remove from heat and let cool, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Gradually stir in powdered sugar until frosting is desired consistency. If frosting hardens while working, stir in a little bit of milk.
- Spread frosting on cooled cookies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192.6 calories, Carbohydrate 29.4 g, Cholesterol 16.8 mg, Fat 7.8 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 1.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 165 mg
BETTER THAN GRANDMA'S BANANA BREAD
This is the best version of banana bread I've ever made... It has granola added to make it extra tasty!
Provided by z.amelia
Yield 1 loaf, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix first six ingredients in a large bowl.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- If the bananas aren't overripe, slice and add to butter in a saucepan while it melts and the will soften and be easier to mash.
- Lightly beat 2 eggs in a medium size bowl and add the yogurt, vanilla, banana and butter and mix.
- Carefully fold banana mixture into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until mixture is combined. do not overmix.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x5x3 regular loaf pan or a greased and floured non-stick loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 55 minutes or until toothpick comes away clean on lower middle oven rack.
- Cool for 10 minutes before moving to wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 497.6, Fat 16.6, SaturatedFat 8.6, Cholesterol 102.4, Sodium 468.4, Carbohydrate 79.3, Fiber 4, Sugar 36.7, Protein 9.1
More about "grandmas banana bread recipes"
GRANDMA'S BEST EVER BANANA BREAD - MOM LOVES BAKING
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory BreadCalories 338 per serving
- Mix together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Frost cooled banana bread. Slice and serve.
GRANDMA'S BANANA BREAD | LOVEFOODIES
4.6/5 (25)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory BreadsCalories 313 per serving
GRANDMA'S BANANA BREAD-- THE BEST RECIPE OUT THERE!
Ratings 4Calories 354 per servingCategory Breakfast
- Add in the sugar and cream the sugar and butter together using medium speed. Will be light and fluffy.
GRANDMA'S BANANA BREAD - THE VANILLA TULIP
GRANDMA’S BANANA BREAD RECIPE - SWEET TOOTH SWEET LIFE
EASY BANANA BREAD RECIPE – JUST LIKE GRANDMA’S
GRANDMA'S BANANA BREAD WITH BUTTERMILK RECIPE
GRANDMA'S KITCHEN BANANA BREAD RECIPE - RECIPESCHOICE
OLD FASHIONED BANANA BREAD RECIPE – JUST LIKE GRANDMA’S
GRANDMA'S DELICIOUS BANANA BREAD RECIPE - HOMEMADE RECIPES
GRANDMA'S BANANA BREAD RECIPE - COOKING WITH RUTHIE
GRANDMA’S BANANA BREAD - AT THE PICKET FENCE WITH VANESSA HUNT
MY GRANDMA'S BANANA BREAD – 5 BOYS BAKER
GRANDMA’S BANANA BREAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE THE BEST (YES, …
KIDNEY FRIENDLY BANANA BREAD RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
OLD FASHIONED BANANA BREAD LIKE YOUR GRANDMOTHER MADE
GRANDMA’S BANANA BREAD RECIPE - BEYOND WONDERFUL
HOW TO FIX GRANDMA MARRS FABULOUS BLUEBERRY BREAD RECIPE
GRANDMA'S OLD-FASHIONED BANANA BREAD - BIG BEAR'S WIFE
GRANDMA'S BANANA BREAD - THE RECIPE EDIT
GRANDMA'S BANANA NUT BREAD - BROWN EYED BAKER
GREAT-GRANDMOTHER'S BANANA BREAD - NEW ENGLAND TODAY
GRANDMA'S FAMOUS BANANA BREAD RECIPE - FUN CHEAP OR FREE
MOM SHARES HER GRANDMA’S EASY AND DELICIOUS BANANA BREAD RECIPE
GRANDMA’S BANANA BREAD — LET'S DISH RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE GRANDMA'S BANANA BREAD RECIPE - THE CRAFTY BLOG …
GRANDMA'S BANANA BREAD - YUM TASTE
GRANDMA'S BANANA BREAD RECIPE - LOVELY LUCKY LIFE
BEST BANANA RECIPES (20+ AMAZINGLY TASTY WAYS TO USE BANANAS!)
GRANDMA’S EASY BANANA BREAD - EAT YOURSELF SKINNY
GRANDMA'S BUTTERMILK BANANA BREAD RECIPE - RESTLESS CHIPOTLE
GRANDMOTHER'S BANANA BREAD RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
GREAT GRANDMA'S BANANA BREAD - THE SCHMIDTY WIFE
GRANDMA BETTY’S BANANA BREAD — THE JOYFUL FORKFULL
HOW TO FIX UP GRANDMA MARRS' FABULOUS BLUEBERRY BREAD RECIPE
GRANDMA'S HOMEMADE BANANA BREAD - RECIPESCHOICE
BANANA BREAD – GRANDMA'S RECIPE
GRANDMA'S SOUR CREAM BANANA BREAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
GRANDMA’S FAVORITE BANANA BREAD - THE VINTAGE COOK
Homemade Banana Bread | My Grandma’s Easy & Delicious Recipe208K views-06:03
Grandma's Recipe: BANANA NUT BREAD726 views-07:50
Banana Bread - Grandmas recipe863 views-04:41
Grandma's Sour Cream Banana Bread - How to Make693K views-11:41
Grandmas Banana Bread Recipe | Drag Queen Baking411 views-18:33
Grandma's Big Island Banana Bread Recipe//Holidays In Hawaii, Baking With Hawaii Family4.4K views-16:46
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is a good recipe for banana bread?This classic banana bread recipe is just like the one your grandmother made. Preheat oven to 350F. With a hand blender or mix master blend butter and sugar together. Add eggs, vanilla and mix. Add mashed banana. In a separate bowl, use a fork to mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
What is Grandma's best ever banana bread?Grandma's Best Ever Banana Bread is my mother-in-law's famous recipe that's everything you want in a banana bread: moist, tender, delicious and slathered with a luscious cream cheese frosting. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9"x5" loaf pan.
How to make banana bread with pecans?Beat the oil, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, both sugars, and buttermilk in a large bowl until well blended. Beat in the mashed banana and lemon juice. Mix the dry ingredients then stir into the banana mixture until well blended. Add the chopped pecans (and chocolate chips if using) and gently fold into the batter by hand.
How do you make mashed bananas with baking soda?Preheat the oven to 350F. Mash bananas with a fork. Add egg, oil, milk, sugar, and salt to the mashed bananas. Mix well. In a small bowl, sift or whisk together baking soda, baking powder and flour. Gently stir it into the banana mixture until mixed well. Don’t over mix.