EASY OLD FASHIONED MEATLOAF
No fancy ingredients here... Not like we need another meatloaf recipe, but I figured I'd should post my Grandma's for people like me who like a quick easy meatloaf without a lot of fuss. Most of the meatloaves I saw here had things I'd never even consider putting in a meatloaf! :) At times I will substitute the onion with approx. 1/4 cup dried onion flakes. I also have substituted the garlic with garlic powder. I've never tried making it with horseradish. (I was a notoriously picky eater as a kid so I don't think Grandma put it in when I came to visit either.) I usually don't bother beating the egg... (Boy do I sound lazy! Don't tell Mom! LOL!) I've only recently started putting ketchup on the top before baking, so I don't think it's necessary to keep the meatloaf moist. Mom used to use her own dried bread crumbs, but I use the plain storebought kind. I haven't been adventurous enough to try any flavored bread crumbs... Make sure lean ground beef is used otherwise the meatloaf can get too greasy and/or bubble over the pan while baking. I also recommend checking the center to make sure it's done. On occasion it has taken over an hour to bake.
Provided by nranger7
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients.
- Shape in loaf pan.
- Cover with more ketchup if desired.
- Bake one hour at 350 degrees.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244.1, Fat 12.2, SaturatedFat 4.8, Cholesterol 97, Sodium 861.5, Carbohydrate 8.1, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 4.3, Protein 24.3
This is my all time favorite dish, that my Grandmother served in her restaurant. She would serve this with real mashed potatoes and creamed corn.
Provided by litldarlin
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix everything together very well and shape into 2 loaves.
- You can either pour the tomato juice or ketchup on top before baking, or apply the sauce to the top of the meat loaf 10 minutes before it is done.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until done.
- Makes 2 loaves.
GRANDMA'S MEAT LOAF
We love Grandma's version of meat loaf so much that we have it at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter-the holidays wouldn't be the same without it! It's just as good the next day, as a cold sandwich.-Joan Frey, Spencer, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, bacon, onion, cheese, seasoned salt and pepper. Add beef and sausage; mix well. In a shallow baking pan, shape mixture into an 8x4-in. oval. , Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231 calories, Fat 16g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 82mg cholesterol, Sodium 313mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 18g protein.
More about "grandmas old fashioned meatloaf recipes"
THE BEST OLD FASHIONED MEATLOAF RECIPE YOU WILL EAT | THE ...
4.4/5 (54)Category Easy MealsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- First, in a large bowl combine eggs and milk then stir in breadcrumbs. Next add onion parsley, salt, sage, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Mix them together a few times then add in the beef and mix well. I suggest using your hands, and this is how I was taught, it mixes faster and better than using a spoon of any kind.
- Shape your meatloaf into a 'loaf' shape if not using a bread pan, though I suggest you do, or use the mini loaf pan I mentioned above. Then go ahead and bake in a 350-degree oven for 50 minutes. Then make sure to spoon off excess fat.
GRANDMA'S MEATLOAF - BIGOVEN.COM
4.6/5 (81)Total Time 2 hrsCategory Main DishCalories 368 per serving See details »
GRANDMA D'S OLD FASHIONED HOMEMADE MEATLOAF RECIPE - MR. B ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
OLD FASHIONED BROWN SUGAR MEATLOAF-JUST LIKE MY GRANDMA MADE
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- In a large bowl mix the first 11 ingredients until evenly blended. Add the ground beef and with your hands mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- On a rimmed baking sheet form the meat ingredients into a loaf (the mixture is a bit loose so wide, about 5 inches is better). Pour half the topping over the meatloaf. Brush the sauce over top and sides in an even layer.
OLD FASHION MEATLOAF RECIPE (IT WAS GRANDMA'S) - BELLY ...
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr
- In a large bowl mix together Ground Beef, Sausage, Eggs, Green Pepper, Red Bell Pepper, Onion, Ketchup, Bread Crumbs, Salt and Pepper.
- Form the mixture into a loaf size form. Place in a loaf pan or casserole dish. Add Bacon to the top of the meat loaf. Sprinkle brown sugar over the bacon.
GRANDMA'S BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE - BLESSED BEYOND CRAZY
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Main Dishes
- Place all of the ingredients for the meatloaf into a large mixing bowl. Stir until mixture is well combined. Place mixture into a loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk together the ingredients for the glaze in a small mixing bowl. Brush mixture evenly over the top of the hot meatloaf. Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes.
OLD-FASHIONED MEATLOAF RECIPE | MRFOOD.COM
4.3/5 (58)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory BeefCalories 658 per serving
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, green pepper, egg, bread crumbs, 3/4 cup ketchup, and the black pepper. Using your hands, mix ground beef mixture well and place in loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour. Spoon on remaining ketchup, sprinkle with brown sugar, and bake 10 to 15 additional minutes, or until no pink remains. Drain, if necessary, then slice and serve.
GREAT-GRANDMA'S CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE + LEFTOVER IDEAS ...
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 7 minsCategory Main CourseTotal Time 1 hr See details »
OLD FASHIONED SKILLET MEATLOAF RECIPE - DEAR CRISSY
4.2/5 (49)Category Dinner
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs. Add the onion, salt, pepper, 1 cup ketchup and the Worcestershire sauce to the eggs stir until blended. Add the ground beef and the oats mix well using a wooden spoon or your hands ( I used my hands).
- Dump mixture into a 10in. cast iron skillet, press to shape. If you don't have a cast iron skillet, you can follow the same instructions for a bread pan. Bake for one hour, remove from oven, spread on the topping and bake for 25 more minutes or until the center reaches 160 degrees.
OLD FASHIONED MEATLOAF | COUNTRYSIDE CRAVINGS
4.6/5 (11)Category Beef, Main DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 35 mins
- In a large bowl combine the onion, garlic, milk, oats, egg, salt and peppers. Let sit for 5 minutes to soak up the liquid. Add in the ground beef and mix gently with your hands, just until combined (this should only take about 30 seconds, really!)
- Place ground beef on a large baking sheet and shape into a loaf. Combine topping ingredients and spread over the top (if desired). Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes. Allow to rest 5-10 minutes before cutting.
GRANDMA'S FAMOUS MEATLOAF - HEATHER'S HOMEMADE KITCHEN
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory Main Course
- Using your hands (they're the best tools you got!) mix it until evenly combined. Be careful not to overmix.
GRANDMA'S CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE | THE COUNTRY BASKET
Cuisine AmericanCategory DinnerServings 4-6Total Time 1 hr 20 mins See details »
OLD-FASHIONED MEATLOAF - GRANDMA'S BEST MEATLOAF
3.9/5 (8)Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 35 mins See details »
GRANDMA’S OLD FASHIONED MEATLOAF - THE KITCHEN WHISPERER
5/5 Estimated Reading Time 8 mins See details »
OLD-FASHIONED, CLASSIC MEATLOAF OR BASIC MEAT LOAF RECIPE
Servings 5Total Time 5 mins See details »
HOW TO MAKE OLD FASHIONED MEATLOAF RECIPE - SUSAN RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
OLD-FASHIONED SOUTHERN MEATLOAF RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Calories 794Saturated Fat 11g 53%Cholesterol 377mg 126%Total Fat 30g 39% See details »
GRANDMA'S OLD-FASHIONED MEATLOAF RECIPE
4/5 (42)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCalories 325Calories 325 per serving See details »
GRANDMA’S OLD FASHIONED MEATLOAF - THE KITCHEN WHISPERER ...
4.8/5 (28)Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
GRANDMA’S OLD FASHIONED MEATLOAF - PINTEREST
4.8/5 (28) See details »
GRANDMAS OLD FASHIONED MEATLOAF- TFRECIPES
See details »
NATIONAL RECIPES: GRANDMA'S OLD-FASHIONED MEATLOAF ...
See details »
GRANDMA'S MEATLOAF RECIPE 2LBS / THE BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE ...
See details »
GRANDMA HILL S PRIZE WINNING MEATLOAF - TFRECIPES
See details »
GRANDMA'S OLD FASHIONED MEATLOAF - YOUTUBE
See details »
You'll also love