PAN FRIED FISH
- Heat a heavy pan over medium high heat.
- Season fish on meat side with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge fish in flour and shake off excess. When pan is good and hot, add Canola oil followed immediately by 1 tablespoon butter. As soon as foaming subsides, place fish in pan with the skin side down. Jiggle pan for the first 10 seconds to keep the fish from sticking. Cook until golden crust forms on meat. Carefully turn fish away from you and again jiggle pan for the first few seconds. Cook until skin turns golden brown. Remove to a warm plate.
- Pour out the cooking fat, add remaining butter and quickly fry the capers. Remove pan from the heat, add lemon juice to pan and swirl. Pour sauce over the fish and serve.
GRANDPA CORNISH'S DEEP FRIED FISH
My grandpa Cornish makes fried catfish with this recipe. I tried it with baby squid, YUMMMMM! I am not sure about the quantities, just use what looks right.
Provided by Kirste
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix beer and egg.
- "Soak"fish (or whatever) in beer-egg mixture.
- Grandpa varies the soaking time, I wouldn't go less than 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in pan or deep fryer.
- Season pancake mix to taste with favorite spice mix.
- Take fish out of beer-egg mixture and dredge in pancake mix.
- Fry as normal.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- I like to drizzle lemon or lime juice (or even vinegar) over before eating.
GRANDPA'S FRIED POTATOES
Gooseberry Patch From Grandma's Kitchen. I can't bring myself to make this, but my parents love potatoes cooked this way. This one is for them.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Boil potatoes until tender; allow potatoes to cool; then peel and cube them; set aside.
- Fry bacon and onion together in a large skillet.
- Add in potatoes and seasonings; cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 529, Fat 34.3, SaturatedFat 11.4, Cholesterol 51.5, Sodium 644.5, Carbohydrate 42, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 2.6, Protein 13.5
DEEP FRIED FISH
- Half-fill a deep pan with melted fat or oil. Heat until a faint haze rises from it (or until a bread cube sinks to the bottom of the pan, rises to the top immediately and turns golden in 50 seconds).
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Beat to a smooth batter, unbeaten egg, butter and milk. Then add the flour and salt mixture.
- Coat 2 pieces of fish with batter.
- Lift into the pan with a fork or kitchen tongs.
- Fry until crisp and golden, allowing about 6-8 minutes for large pieces and 4-5 minutes for medium.
- Remove from the pan and drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Repeat with the remaining fish.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
GRANDPA ALVAH'S FISH CHOWDER
We live next door to my grandpa-in-law who will make this chowder for us every once in a while. He makes the absolute best! While this is his recipe, I can't quite get mine to taste as good as his. He tells me that when Im 91 like him, my chowder will then be as good. If you like your chowder a little thicker, you can substitute 1 cup of half and half for 1 cup of milk or add a little extra evaporated milk. This chowder will taste even better if made a day ahead and allowed to "set" overnight. When reheating, do it slowly so as not to boil.
Provided by Kim127
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Fry the diced salt pork in a large pot until golden in color.
- Remove salt pork scraps and set aside.
- Add onions and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Place diced potatoes on top of onions and add enough water so it comes up to the top of the potatoes.
- Place fish on top of potatoes.
- Season with pepper, salt and add butter.
- Bring to a boil and then lower heat to low and simmer until fish and potatoes are cooked.
- You want to stir as little as possible, and very gently because the fish should remain in fairly large pieces.
- (You do not want the fish all flaked apart and especially not all mushy) Pour in evaporated milk and regular milk.
- Heat thoroughly, but do not bring to a boil.
- Serve reserved pork scraps sprinkled on top of chowder or on the side.
- Chowder will be better if allowed to sit overnight.
GRANDPA'S FRIED FISH
This recipe was from my DH's grandfather, who was an avid fisherman. My husband made sure I put this recipe in my collection!
Provided by JenniferK2
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine all ingredients except fish and mix well.
- Coat fish fillets or pieces in batter and place on cookie sheet or tray; chill for around 30 minutes (if you skip this step, the batter will not stick to the fish).
- Deep-fry or pan-fry until cooked through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255.1, Fat 4.9, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 161.5, Sodium 782.4, Carbohydrate 23.9, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 0.3, Protein 26.8
More about "grandpas fried fish recipes"
GRANDPA KITCHEN - FULL FISH FRY RECIPE | SIMPLE AND …
Author Grandpa KitchenViews 2.8M
GRANDPA'S FAMOUS FISH FRY RECIPE | BEST WAY TO FRY FISH
Author Actively FamilyViews 646
10 BEST FISH FRY RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PAN FRIED FISH- GRANDMA STYLE - THE BOSSY KITCHEN
SOUTHERN PAN FRIED FISH (WHITING FISH RECIPE) - WHISK …
CRISPY PAN FRIED FISH | RECIPETIN EATS
GRANDPA CORNISH’S DEEP FRIED FISH - CHAMPSDIET.COM
GRANDPA S FRIED FISH RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
RECIPE OF ULTIMATE GRANDPAS FRIED CHICKEN | THE US MENU BOX
PAN FRIED FISH- GRANDMA STYLE | FISH RECIPES PAN, FISH ... - PINTEREST
FRIED TILAPIA FISH CURRY RECIPE OF GRANDPA - YOUTUBE
GRANDPA'S FRIED FISH RECIPE BY MADI - COOKPAD
GRANDPA CORNISH S DEEP FRIED FISH RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
15 RECIPES FROM ALLRECIPES GRANDPAS | ALLRECIPES
RECIPE: PERFECT GRANDPA&#39;S FRIED FISH
GRANDPA CORNISH'S DEEP FRIED FISH - PLAIN.RECIPES
15 BEST SIDE DISHES FOR FRIED FISH | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO PAN-FRY FISH | ALLRECIPES
FISH FRY RECIPE | FRIED WHOLE FISH RECIPE IN ISLAND | GRANDPA KITCHEN
WORLD BEST FILLET COOKING RECIPES : GRANDPA'S FRIED FISH
48 GRANDMA'S AND GRANDPA'S FISH FRY IDEAS - PINTEREST
10 BEST OLD BAY FRIED FISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO COOK DELICIOUS GRANDPA'S FRIED FISH RECIPE
8 SIMPLE STEPS TO MAKE PERFECT FRIED FISH - ON THE WATER
30+ PAN-FRIED FISH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
POMFRET FISH FRY RECIPE | FULL FISH FRY BY GRANDPA KITCHEN | FISH ...
25 OF THE BEST IDEAS FOR PAN FRIED FISH RECIPES
FULL FISH FRY RECIPE | SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS FRIED FISH RECIPE
GRANDPA CORNISH'S DEEP FRIED FISH RECIPE | YUMMLY
GRANDPA KITCHEN - GARLIC FISH RECIPE | CHILLI FISH RECIPE | CRISPY ...
APOLLO FISH RECIPE | GIANT FISH FRY | BIG FISH RECIPE BY GRANDPA ...
You'll also love