GREEK SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender., Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the chicken, onion, red pepper, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the spinach, artichokes and olives; cook until spinach is wilted. , When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve chicken mixture over 2 cups of squash; sprinkle with feta cheese. (Save remaining squash for another use.)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369 calories, Fat 24g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 51mg cholesterol, Sodium 824mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 21g protein.
GREEK-STYLE SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SHRIMP
The salty feta and olives are so great with the plump, sweet shrimp and the buttery strands of squash. This dish is great hot, but also delicious at room temperature. Try different herbs if you like. This was a very big hit in my house.
Provided by Katie Workman
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Place the halves cut-side down on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until the halves look somewhat wrinkly and collapsed, about 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Use a fork to scrape the inside of the squash to form spaghetti-like strands and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a very large, deep skillet (or even a large Dutch oven or pot). Add the garlic and saute until just golden, about 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and onion, season with salt and pepper and saute until the shrimp are pink and almost cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, olives and oregano and saute until the mixture is hot and the shrimp are cooked through, another 2 minutes.
- Turn the shrimp mixture into the serving bowl and toss with the spaghetti squash. Sprinkle with the feta and serve.
SPAGHETTI SQUASH I
The flesh of spaghetti squash comes out in long strands, very much resembling the noodles for which it is named. In this recipe, the 'noodles' are tossed with vegetables and feta cheese. You can substitute different vegetables, but be sure to use ones that have contrasting colors.
Provided by Bob Cody
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place spaghetti squash with cut sides down on the prepared baking sheet, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance. Remove squash from oven and set aside to cool enough to be easily handled.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are warmed through.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash and place in a medium bowl. Toss with the vegetables, feta cheese, olives, and basil. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 147.4 calories, Carbohydrate 12.8 g, Cholesterol 16.7 mg, Fat 9.8 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 268.8 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
GREEK SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, discard seeds.
- Place squash cut side down on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave uncovered on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- In a skillet, sauté the chicken, onion, red pepper, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the spinach, artichokes and olives and cook until spinach is wilted.
- When spaghetti squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands.
- Serve chicken mixture over 2 cups of squash.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419.2, Fat 17.3, SaturatedFat 4.5, Cholesterol 67.1, Sodium 685, Carbohydrate 46.1, Fiber 6.3, Sugar 4.4, Protein 25.9
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GREEK STYLE
Baked spaghetti squash tossed with feta cheese, sautéed onions, tomatoes, kalamata olives, and fresh basil. Found this recipe on another recipe site. Since DH can't eat carbs anymore due to his gastric bypass, this is a healthy substitute.
Provided by mandabears
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds.
- Place cut side down on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife can be inserted easily into squash.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly until it can be handled easily.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook onion, stirring constantly until fragrant.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are warmed.
- Shred spaghetti squash with a fork and place in a large bowl.
- Toss squash with tomatoes, feta cheese, olives and basil.
- Serve warm.
GREEK SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- DIRECTIONS 1. Microwave each half of squash 7 minutes covered with saran. 2. Toss with the sauteed vegetables, feta cheese, olives, and basil. Serve warm.
GREEK-INSPIRED VEGAN SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- Bring a very large pan of water to a boil. Add spaghetti squash and cook until it pierces easily with a fork, 20 to 30 minutes.
- While squash is cooking, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove squash from the boiling water. Let cool slightly, then use oven mitts and cut squash lengthwise. Scoop out and discard seeds.
- Use a long fork to pull out strands of spaghetti squash into a serving bowl. Add sauteed veggies, basil, and olives and toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 251.1 calories, Carbohydrate 41 g, Fat 10.6 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 159 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
More about "greek spaghetti squash recipes"
GREEK STYLE SPAGHETTI SQUASH - YUMMY HEALTHY EASY
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Side Dish
- Preheat oven to 350º. Cut squash lengthwise and remove seeds from each half. Place facedown on rimmed cookie sheet, sprayed with cooking oil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in tomato and sauté until softened.
- When squash is finished, pull out of the oven and let cool for a few minutes. When cool enough to handle, flip squash over and scrape insides of each half with a fork. Little spaghetti-like strands will easily come off the squash.
- Stir squash with sautéed onion and tomato mix. Add olives. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!
GREEK SPAGHETTI SQUASH TOSS RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
Total Time 20 minsCalories 272 per serving
10 BEST GREEK SPAGHETTI RECIPES | YUMMLY
GREEK ROASTED SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPE - EVERYDAY …
GREEK STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH – THE DINNER SHIFT
GREEK STYLE SPAGHETTI SQUASH PASTA #LOWCARB - ACTIVE …
33 BEST SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
GREAT GREEK SPAGHETTI SQUASH | HUNGRY GIRL
GREEK SPAGHETTI SQUASH BOWLS - FIT MITTEN KITCHEN
GREEK-STYLE SALAD WITH SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH BOATS - CONFESSIONS OF A …
GREEK SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH TOMATOES & BASIL - THE GREEK FOODIE
INSTANT POT SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH GREEK STYLE - THE FOODIE EATS
GREEK SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPE – DR. SINATRA’S VERVANA
GREEK SPAGHETTI SQUASH SALAD WITH LEMON GARLIC DRESSING
MEDITERRANEAN SPAGHETTI SQUASH BOWLS - COOKIE AND KATE
GREEK SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE - LOW CARB & GLUTEN FREE
GREEK SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
GREEK SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE - REAL FOOD WITH ALTITUDE
GREEK CHICKEN SPAGHETTI SQUASH BAKE - THE CLEAN EATING COUPLE
GREEK-STYLE SPAGHETTI SQUASH - BURPEE
GREEK STYLE SPAGHETTI SQUASH SALAD « CLEAN & DELICIOUS
GREEK SPAGHETTI SQUASH SALAD - FULLY MEDITERRANEAN
10 BEST GREEN SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPES | YUMMLY
GREEK SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE BY REAL FOOD WITH ALTITUDE
GREEK SPAGHETTI SQUASH SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GREEK PASTITSIO – GLUTEN AND DAIRY FREE
GREEK SPAGHETTI SQUASH BOWLS - MEALTHY.COM
GREEK STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH | EDIBLE NORTHEAST FLORIDA
GREEK CHICKEN SPAGHETTI SQUASH SKILLET - CLEAN EATING DINNER RECIPE
MEDITERRANEAN SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SHRIMP, OLIVES, AND FETA
GREEK-STYLE SPAGHETTI SQUASH [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
GREEK-STYLE SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SHRIMP RECIPE - THE MOM 100
FETA SPAGHETTI SQUASH - SPEND WITH PENNIES
STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH | TASTEMADE
EASY GREEK SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPE - PEAS & HOPPINESS
GREEK SPAGHETTI SQUASH SALAD - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
MEAL PREP DOUBLE BAKED GREEK SPAGHETTI SQUASH - FLORA & VINO
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #side-dishes #vegetables #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #squash #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook spaghetti squash?Bring a very large pan of water to a boil. Add spaghetti squash and cook until it pierces easily with a fork, 20 to 30 minutes. While squash is cooking, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
What do you put in a spaghetti squash salad?1 medium spaghetti squash (2 pounds) 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch cubes. 1/2 cup chopped onion. 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper. 2 garlic cloves, minced. 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano. 1/4 teaspoon dried basil.
What is Spaghetti squash squash?Spaghetti squash gets roasted + shredded then tossed with chicken, olives, sun dried tomatoes, basil and artichokes. The mixture then gets baked in the oven to form a casserole-like dinner that is packed with veggies and so yummy!
How to cook shrimp and spaghetti squash?Add the tomatoes, olives and oregano and saute until the mixture is hot and the shrimp are cooked through, another 2 minutes. Turn the shrimp mixture into the serving bowl and toss with the spaghetti squash.