CREAMY HORSERADISH AND GREEN BEAN SALAD
- Make the dressing: Whisk together the horseradish, olive oil, vinegar and lime zest and juice with a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Taste for seasoning.
- Cook the green beans: Fill a medium saucepot with water and bring to a boil. Fill a large bowl halfway with ice cubes and add some cold water. Place a colander squarely inside the bowl to make an ice bath. (The colander will keep you from having to pick the beans out from among the ice cubes.) Add salt to the boiling water until it tastes like seawater. Plunge the beans into the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the green beans from the water and transfer to the colander inside the ice bath. Move them around gently so the ice water penetrates the beans and accelerates the cooling process. When fully cooled, drain and arrange in a single layer on a kitchen towel to drain any excess moisture.
- Make the salad: If the green beans are long, cut in half. Toss the green beans in the dressing and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate 30 minutes, then stir to coat with the dressing again and marinate at least another 30 minutes and up to 6 hours. Stir in the basil leaves and serve.
CRISPY GREEN BEANS WITH HORSERADISH-WASABI DIP
- Make the dip by combining the buttermilk ranch dressing, cucumber, milk, horseradish, wasabi, salt, and cayenne pepper into a blender. Blend on low until well mixed. Pour into a small bowl and refrigerate. The dip will thicken as it chills.
- Place the broth in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the beans, cover, and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer until beans are bright green and tender, about 8 minutes. Immediately drain beans into a colander and rinse under cold water. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the beaten egg with milk in a shallow bowl. Place the flour in another shallow bowl. In a third shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Working with a handful of beans at a time, dip each bean first into flour, then into the egg mixture, and then into the bread crumb mixture. Place beans on a plate until all are coated.
- Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil in a deep skillet (or use a deep fat fryer) over medium-high heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry the beans several at a time, without crowding, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and cool. Serve with horseradish-wasabi dip.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 617.6 calories, Carbohydrate 58.1 g, Cholesterol 59.8 mg, Fat 36.9 g, Fiber 5.4 g, Protein 13.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 2381.1 mg, Sugar 10.3 g
GREEN BEANS WITH HORSERADISH SAUCE
Dress up plain green beans with a yogurt-based mixture of horseradish, mustard and celery seed. Taken from the "Quick, Healthy and Delicious Cooking" cookbook by BH&G.
Provided by jonesies
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Wash beans and remove ends and strings.
- In a medium saucepan cook green beans in a small amount of boiling water for 20 to 25 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan stir together the yogurt and flour.
- Stir in horseradish, mustard and celery seed.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Pour sauce over green beans; toss gently to coat.
GREEN BEANS WITH HORSERADISH
- Cook green beans according to package directions.
- Combine green beans, with remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Serve hot with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 43.9, Fat 3, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 7.6, Sodium 30.1, Carbohydrate 4.3, Fiber 2, Sugar 0.9, Protein 1
GREEN BEANS IN CREAMY HORSERADISH SAUCE
- Stir together the creamy horseradish, mustard, lemon zest and juice in a small bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the green beans and sauté until barely tender, 5 minutes. Add the horseradish mixture and continue sautéing until the beans are tender and coated in the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
OPEN-FACED BURGERS WITH HORSERADISH SAUCE AND GREEN BEANS
Cook patties first, then -- in the same skillet -- saute onion and green beans. Place the burgers on toast with a creamy sauce, and dinner's ready with only one pot to clean up.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Form beef into four patties; season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add patties; cook 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium. Transfer to a plate, and tent with aluminum foil; set aside.
- To skillet, add green beans, onion, and cup water; season with salt and pepper. Cover, and cook, tossing occasionally, until beans are crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Uncover, and cook, tossing, until water has evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Make sauce: In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, parsley, and horseradish; season with salt and pepper. Place tomato slices and burgers on toast; top with horseradish sauce, and serve with green beans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 487 g, Fat 20 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 41 g
GREEN BEANS WITH HORSERADISH SAUCE RECIPE
Provided by JimMac
Number Of Ingredients 7
- How to make it Sauté onion in butter then add flour and stir well. Add milk and cook until smooth and thick. Add horseradish and mustard. Pour sauce over warm beans and serve immediately.
More about "green beans with horseradish recipes"
ROASTED GREEN BEANS WITH HORSERADISH SAUCE
POTATO AND GREEN BEAN SALAD WITH HORSERADISH SAUCE …
BAKED GREEN BEAN FRIES WITH ZESTY HORSERADISH DIPPING SAUCE
GREEN BEANS WITH HORSERADISH SAUCE | RECIPES WIKI
GREEN HORSERADISH SAUCE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
GREEN BEANS, PEA AND HORSERADISH DIP - ECO & BEYOND
CRISPY GREEN BEANS WITH HORSERADISH-WASABI DIP - SIDE DISH RECIPES
GREEN BEANS WITH HORSERADISH SAUCE - PLAIN.RECIPES
GREEN BEANS WITH HORSERADISH - YOUTUBE
GRILLED GREEN BEANS WITH HORSERADISH KETCHUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
BLISTERED GREEN BEANS WITH HORSERADISH BUTTER - AN EDUCATED KITCHEN
GREEN BEANS WITH HORSERADISH - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
FRIED GREEN BEANS WITH HORSERADISH SAUCE - SWEET T MAKES THREE
HORSERADISH AND GREEN BEANS RECIPES (27) - SUPERCOOK
CRISPY GREEN BEANS WITH HORSERADISH-WASABI DIP | RECIPESTY
CRISPY GREEN BEANS WITH HORSERADISH-WASABI DIP - YUM TASTE
GREEN BEANS WITH HORSERADISH RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BAKED GREEN BEAN FRIES WITH HORSERADISH DIPPING SAUCE
CRISPY GREEN BEANS WITH HORSERADISH-WASABI DIP - PLAIN.RECIPES
ROASTED GREEN BEANS WITH HORSERADISH SAUCE - YUM GOGGLE
MARINATED CHARRED GREEN BEANS | RECIPE | GRILLED VEGETABLE RECIPES ...
HORSERADISH GREEN BEANS - COOKEATSHARE
WARM YELLOW WAX BEANS IN BACON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
15 FRESH GREEN BEAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SKILLET PORK CHOPS WITH HORSERADISH GREEN BEANS - WASHINGTON POST
HORSEY GARLIC GREEN BEANS - HORSERADISH.ORG
GREEN BEAN HORSERADISH SAUCE - COOKEATSHARE
POTATO AND GREEN BEAN SALAD WITH HORSERADISH SAUCE RECIPE
CRISPY GREEN BEANS WITH HORSERADISH-WASABI DIP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
20 HORSERADISH RECIPES TO TRY TONIGHT - INSANELY GOOD
RECIPE | SAFEWAY
HORSERADISH GREENS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #side-dishes #vegetables #easy #dietary #low-sodium #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #green-yellow-beans
You'll also love