BLUE CHEESE GNOCCHI
- Cook the gnocchi in a large pan of boiling water according to pack instructions. Plunge the spinach into the same pan, then immediately drain through a colander and shake off any excess water.
- Put the crème fraîche in a small ovenproof dish with the grated parmesan. Add the hot, drained gnocchi and spinach and give everything a good stir. Crumble the blue cheese over and season with ground pepper.
- Slide the dish under a hot grill until the cheese is bubbling and golden. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 394 calories, Fat 16 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 44 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 18 grams protein, Sodium 1.2 milligram of sodium
BLUE CHEESE GNOCCHI
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 to 20 minutes until tender.
- Stir through a generous amount of salt.
- Drain the potatoes well, then mash until completely smooth (a potato ricer is good for this).
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Sprinkle the flour into the bowl with one hand while kneading it into the potato mixture with the other hand, continuing to knead until all the flour is worked in and the dough is smooth.
- This should take a few minutes and the dough will be sticky at first!
- Divide the dough into three and roll each portion into a sausage that is 3/4 of an inch thick.
- Cut into 1 inch lengths and using floured hands, press each gnocchi against a fork to flatten it and indent one side (the indentation helps the sauce to stick to the cooked gnocchi).
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, and when rapidly boiling, drop in the bnocchi, then reduce the heat and simmer until the snocchi rise to the surface (this will take 2 to 3 minutes).
- Remove the gnocchi with a slotted spoon and drain well.
- Arrange on a warm serving dish and keep warm.
- Put the cream into a small pan and bring to the boil, boil rapidly, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes, until the sauce has reduced by one third.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and pour over the warm gnocchi.
- Scatter the chives over the top and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 572.6, Fat 33.1, SaturatedFat 20.7, Cholesterol 108.3, Sodium 470.3, Carbohydrate 54.7, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 1.4, Protein 15
GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOMS & BLUE CHEESE
Soft, creamy goat's cheese or a deliciously strong blue cheese both work well in this easy veggie supper that's on the table in just 20 minutes
Provided by Katy Greenwood
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the gnocchi following pack instructions. When they float to the top of the pan, they are ready. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a large lidded frying pan. Add the onion and mushrooms, cook for 1 min over a high heat, then turn down the heat to medium, put the lid on and cook for 5 mins, stirring a few times.
- Remove the lid and add the garlic, cook for 1-2 mins, then stir the gnocchi into the pan. Scatter over blobs of cheese and the parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 471 calories, Fat 15 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 63 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 8 grams fiber, Protein 16 grams protein, Sodium 2.7 milligram of sodium
GREEN GNOCCHI WITH BLUE CHEESE: GNOCCHI VERDE CARDUTA DEL FORMAGGIO
- Set up a small ice bath. In a pan, heat extra-virgin olive oil over high heat, then toss in spinach with salt. Cook for about 1 minute. Remove spinach and shock in a bowl of cold ice water. Place spinach in a clean dish towel and wring spinach dry by twisting and squeezing. Using a knife, chop the spinach extremely finely. Meanwhile, take the warm boiled potatoes, peel them, and run them through a food mill on smallest setting, or a ricer. Add the chopped spinach to the potatoes, and mix to combine. Make well in center of the spinach potato mixture, add the flour, egg, and salt, and knead to form a dough. Bring 6 quarts water to boil and add 2 tablespoons salt. Roll the dough into 1-inch thick ropes and cut into 1-inch long pieces. Flick the dough off the tines of a fork to establish the classic gnocchi shape. Drop 10 to 15 gnocchi at a time into boiling water. When they float, all together, remove the gnocchi to the ice bath. Drain well. Repeat until all the gnocchi have been boiled. In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, mash together the Gorgonzola and the butter until smooth. Add the grappa and simmer until the liquid evaporates, about 4 minutes. Toss gnocchi into pan with the Gorgonzola and butter until well combined. Add chopped parsley and a handful of chili flakes and chives. Pour into warmed pasta bowls and serve.
More about "green gnocchi with blue cheese gnocchi verde carduta del formaggio recipes"
RECIPE: GNOCCHI WITH SPINACH, BACON, AND BLUE CHEESE
GREEN GNOCCHI (GNOCCHI VERDI) - THE HAPPY FOODIE
GNOCCHI WITH BLUE CHEESE, SAGE AND WALNUT SAUCE …
VEGETARIAN GNOCCHI RECIPE WITH KALE AND BLUE CHEESE
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
MUSHROOM GNOCCHI WITH BLUE CHEESE - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
GNOCCHI WITH BLUE CHEESE AND FRIZZLED PROSCIUTTO - PINTEREST
GNOCCHI WITH BLUE CHEESE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
GNOCCHI RECIPES AND COOKING WITH GNOCCHI - FOODDIEZ.COM
GNOCCHI AI QUATTRO FORMAGGI RECIPE - EUROPE DISHES
CHEESE GNOCCHI - LIDIA
PERUVIAN GNOCCHI VERDE – CRAVINGS & CRUMBS
GNOCCHI QUATTRO FORMAGGIO - FOOD TO LOVE
GNOCCHI WITH CREAMY BLUE CHEESE SAUCE - EFFORTLESS FOODIE
GREEN GNOCCHI WITH ASIAGO: GNOCCHI CON CADUTA DEL FORMAGGIO
25 WAYS TO USE BLUE CHEESE | DEVOUR | COOKING CHANNEL
GREEN GNOCCHI WITH CADUTA DI FORMAGGIO - BIGOVEN.COM
THE BEST BLUE CHEESE GNOCCHI - LE COUP DE GRâCE
GREEN GNOCCHI WITH BLUE CHEESE: GNOCCHI VERDE CARDUTA DEL …
GNOCCHI WITH BLUE CHEESE SAUCE - MEIKE PETERS
GREEN GNOCCHI WITH CADUTA DI FORMAGGIO RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
GNOCCHI WITH BLUE CHEESE AND FRIZZLED PROSCIUTTO - PLATINGS
8 GLORIOUS GNOCCHI RECIPES | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
HOMEMADE GNOCCHI WITH BLUE CHEESE SAUCE - RECIPLY YOURS
GREEN GNOCCHI WITH TOMATO AND MOZZARELLA - ANTONIO CARLUCCIO …
GNOCCHI WITH BACON, SPINACH AND BLUE CHEESE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
GREEN GNOCCHI WITH BLUE CHEESE - MOUNTAINSOFTWARE.COM
ASTRAY RECIPES: GREEN GNOCCHI WITH CADUTA DI FORMAGGIO
GREEN GNOCCHI WITH BLUE CHEESE ... RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
FOUR-CHEESE GNOCCHI - ITALIAN RECIPES BY GIALLOZAFFERANO
GNOCCHI AND BLUE CHEESE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
GREEN GNOCCHI | DINNER RECIPES | GOODTO
GNOCCHI WITH PANCETTA RADICCHIO AND BLUE CHEESE - ITALIAN NOTES
GREEN GNOCCHI WITH CADUTA DI FORMAGGIO RECIPE
GREEN GNOCCHI WITH BLUE CHEESE RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
13 FOOD IDEAS | FOOD, RECIPES, BLUE CHEESE
ALFREDO GNOCCHI WITH CRUMBLED BLUE CHEESE - OLIVIERI
WHAT IS IN BLUE CHEESE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is green gnocchi with blue cheese?The green in Green Gnocchi with Blue Cheese (Gnocchi Verde Carduta del Formaggio) comes from spinach and the gnocchi is then tossed into a blue cheese-butter-grappa sauce. Grappa is an Italian grape brandy normally served after dinner as a digestivo.
How to make gnocchi?Turn down heat under the leek pan to medium, add garlic and fry for 1min. Stir in mustard, cream cheese, blue cheese, lemon zest, parsley, reserved cooking water and plenty of seasoning. Bubble for 2min. Remove sauce from heat, stir in drained gnocchi and check seasoning. Divide between four bowls, garnish with walnuts and parsley.
What can I do with leftover gnocchi and spinach?Plunge the spinach into the same pan, then immediately drain through a colander and shake off any excess water. Put the crème fraîche in a small ovenproof dish with the grated parmesan. Add the hot, drained gnocchi and spinach and give everything a good stir. Crumble the blue cheese over and season with ground pepper.
How do you make gnocchi with sausage?Divide the dough into three and roll each portion into a sausage that is 3/4 of an inch thick. Cut into 1 inch lengths and using floured hands, press each gnocchi against a fork to flatten it and indent one side (the indentation helps the sauce to stick to the cooked gnocchi).