GRILLED LEG OF LAMB, SAM'S WAY
This lamb recipe comes from a feast that Mark Bittman and Sam Sifton prepared in Charleston, S.C. They found good lamb and decided to cook it two different ways, braised and grilled, to bring different textures and flavors to the plate - and also to nod to the tradition of the paschal lamb in Jewish and Christian springtime traditions.
Provided by Mark Bittman And Sam Sifton
Categories dinner, barbecues, main course
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine the garlic, rosemary and olive oil in a bowl. Season the lamb with salt and pepper, then massage with the garlic and rosemary mixture and put the meat in the bowl. Cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Allow it to come to room temperature, approximately 30 minutes. Meanwhile, build a fire in your grill, leaving 1/3 of the cooking area free of coals.
- When the fire is hot, sprinkle the pecan shells or wood chips over the fire and place the lamb fat side down. Sear each side of the lamb for approximately 4 minutes each, then remove the lamb to the side of the grill without coals and roast, covered, for approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- Tent in foil for 10 to 15 minutes, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 543, UnsaturatedFat 20 grams, Carbohydrate 1 gram, Fat 39 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 45 grams, SaturatedFat 16 grams, Sodium 757 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine the yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large non-reactive bowl. Add the lamb, making sure it is covered with marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator, covered, overnight or for up to 3 days.
- Bring the lamb to room temperature. Prepare a charcoal grill with hot coals. Scrape the marinade off the lamb, wipe the meat with paper towels, and season it generously with salt and pepper. Brush the grill with oil to keep the lamb from sticking, and grill on both sides until the internal temperature is 120 to 125 degrees for rare. This will take 40 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how hot the grill is.
- Remove the lamb to a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 20 minutes. Then slice and serve.
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in sealable plastic bag. Add lamb and seal bag, pressing out air. Turn bag to coat lamb, then put bag in a shallow baking pan and marinate, chilled, turning bag over occasionally, at least 8 hours.
- Bring lamb to room temperature, about 1 hour, before grilling.
- Prepare grill for cooking over direct heat with medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas); see Grilling Procedure.
- Remove lamb from marinade (discard marinade) and run 3 or 4 skewers lengthwise through lamb about 2 inches apart. Grill on a lightly oiled grill rack, covered only if using gas grill, turning over occasionally and, if necessary, moving around on grill to avoid flare-ups, until thermometer registers 125 to 128°F, 8 to 14 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Transfer lamb to a cutting board and remove skewers. Let lamb stand, loosely covered with foil, 20 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to 135°F while meat stands.) Cut across the grain into slices.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
- To a blender, add: the oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, thyme, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard, season with salt and pepper, to taste. Blend until thoroughly combined. Pat the lamb dry and put it on a shallow platter. Season all over with salt and pepper. Pour half of the vinaigrette over the lamb, turning the meat to get it well coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove the marinated meat from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling.
- Heat the grill (or large cast iron skillet) and oil it lightly. Remove the lamb from the marinade and grill for about 15 to 20 minutes per side for medium-rare. (Adjust the time accordingly for other degrees of doneness.) Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Toss the mache (or mixed baby greens), mint leaves, and scallions in a bowl and dress the salad with about 3 tablespoons of the reserved vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Slice the lamb into thick slices and serve with greens.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY
A great way to prepare lamb on the grill. Leftovers make great sandwiches too. Time does not include marinating time.
Provided by lazyme
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper in small bowl. Mash with fork to form coarse paste. Place lamb in shallow baking dish. Spread half of garlic paste over each side. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before cooking.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill lamb until brown and crusty on outside and thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 130ºF for medium-rare, turning occasionally, about 25 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut on diagonal into thin slices and serve.
- Add 2/3 cup red wine, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, and 3/4 cup olive oil to the marinade. Refrigerate overnight.
More about "grilled leg of lamb sams way recipes"
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY RECIPE
LAMB LEG GRILLED WITH ROSEMARY, GARLIC, DIJON MARINADE
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB | TIPS & TECHNIQUES | WEBER GRILLS
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB - RICARDO
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB, SAM'S WAY - MASTERCOOK
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB | RECIPE - PINTEREST
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE – SASHA'S FINE FOODS
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB | RECIPE | GRILLED LEG OF LAMB, LAMB RECIPES, …
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB, SAM'S WAY | RECIPE CART
MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH GRILL ROASTED LEG OF LAMB
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB, SAM'S WAY RECIPE | RECIPE | GRILLED LEG OF …
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB - HEY GRILL, HEY
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB, SAM'S WAY | NTT | COPY ME THAT
180 GRILLED LEG OF LAMB IDEAS | LAMB RECIPES, GRILLED LEG OF LAMB, …
SAM'S PLACE: GRILLED LAMB
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LEG OF LAMB RECIPE BBQ BONELESS | DEPORECIPE.CO
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB, SAM'S WAY - DINING AND COOKING
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE 2022 - FLAME GORILLA
EASY LAMB LEG STEAK RECIPES - THEBRILLIANTKITCHEN.COM
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY SALT RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED AND BRAISED LEG OF LAMB - RICARDO
GRILLED LAMB LEG STEAK RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
GRILLED BONELESS LEG OF LAMB - BROCCOLI RECIPE
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE – BBQ TEACHER VIDEO TUTORIALS
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB, SAM'S WAY RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB - Z GRILLS® BLOG
RECIPE FOR GRILLED LEG OF LAMB BONELESS | DEPORECIPE.CO
You'll also love