GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, vinegar, rosemary, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place lamb in a large shallow dish with marinade, and turn to coat. Cover; marinate 1 hour at room temperature or up to overnight in refrigerator, turning occasionally. (Bring to room temperature before grilling.)
- Heat grill to medium-high. Thread several metal skewers through lamb in both directions to hold meat together during cooking.
- Grill lamb until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 140 degrees for medium rare, 10 to 15 minutes per side. Let the meat rest, covered, about 10 minutes. Remove the skewers. Slice the meat thinly, against the grain where possible.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 271 g, Fat 13 g, Protein 35 g
MARINATED GRILLED LAMB
It's fun to fire up the grill on Easter, especially if you live in a cold climate! A mild marinade we created fabulously flavors lamb.-Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a shallow dish, combine first 9 ingredients; add lamb and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours. , Prepare grill for indirect medium heat. Drain lamb, discarding marinade. Place rosemary sprig on lamb; roll up and tie with kitchen string, leaving a portion of the sprig exposed. If desired, sprinkle with additional salt and pepper., Grill lamb, covered, over indirect medium heat 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove from grill; tent with foil and let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Discard rosemary sprig before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 82mg cholesterol, Sodium 304mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GRILLED YOGURT-MARINATED LEG OF LAMB
- Mix 1 cup yogurt, 1 teaspoon Tabil Spice Blend, and 1 minced garlic clove in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill. Whisk remaining 1 cup yogurt, remaining 3 1/2 tablespoons Tabil Spice Blend, 4 minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp. salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, oil, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add lamb; turn to coat. Cover and chill overnight, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat. Season lamb with salt and pepper. Grill until meat is cooked to desired doneness, 10-15 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 10 minutes. Meanwhile, grill lemon halves, cut side down, until charred, about 5 minutes. Thinly slice lamb against the grain and arrange on a platter; garnish with lemons. Serve with reserved yogurt sauce.
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in sealable plastic bag. Add lamb and seal bag, pressing out air. Turn bag to coat lamb, then put bag in a shallow baking pan and marinate, chilled, turning bag over occasionally, at least 8 hours.
- Bring lamb to room temperature, about 1 hour, before grilling.
- Prepare grill for cooking over direct heat with medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas); see Grilling Procedure.
- Remove lamb from marinade (discard marinade) and run 3 or 4 skewers lengthwise through lamb about 2 inches apart. Grill on a lightly oiled grill rack, covered only if using gas grill, turning over occasionally and, if necessary, moving around on grill to avoid flare-ups, until thermometer registers 125 to 128°F, 8 to 14 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Transfer lamb to a cutting board and remove skewers. Let lamb stand, loosely covered with foil, 20 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to 135°F while meat stands.) Cut across the grain into slices.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND HERB LEMON MARINADE
This is really the only recipe I use when I grill a leg of lamb. Plan ahead, the lamb needs to marinate 24 hours or overnight. This marinade can also be used for lamb chops. A butterflied leg of lamb is with the bones removed and cut to spread open, you can ask your butcher to remove the bones and butterfly it for you. If you prefer a more lemony taste then thinly slice half of another lemon, leave the peel on, and just throw the slices inside the bag or bowl with along with the other marinade. If desired you can also stuff the lamb with garlic cloves as well as adding the minced garlic in with the marinade. Grilling time depends on size of lamb. This recipe produces an excellent grilled lamb that melts in your mouth, try to not overcook the lamb, for best results leave slightly pink in the middle.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a glass bowl.
- Place the lamb in a extra large heavy-duty plastic bag or glass bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the lamb, and turn to coat well on all sides.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap (if using a glass bowl).
- Place in the fridge for a minimum of 24 hours (turning occasionally to distribute marinade).
- When ready to grill, remove from fridge and save marinade for basting if desired.
- Turn the grill to high heat.
- Sear both sides for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Reduce grill temperature to medium heat and finish cooking the lamb.
- You may baste the lamb with the leftover marinade if desired.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND MINT
- Combine oil, mint, garlic, zest, 3 tablespoons salt, and the red-pepper flakes; season with pepper. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade.
- Pound lamb to an even 1-inch thickness. Place lamb in a baking dish, and massage marinade into meat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Let lamb stand at room temperature for 1 hour before grilling. Heat grill to medium-high. Brush grates with oil. Remove lamb from dish, and brush off any excess marinade. Grill lamb, flipping every 5 minutes for even cooking, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 130 degrees to 135 degrees for medium-rare, 8 to 10 minutes per side. Let stand for 10 minutes. Slice lamb across the grain. Drizzle with reserved marinade.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine the yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large non-reactive bowl. Add the lamb, making sure it is covered with marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator, covered, overnight or for up to 3 days.
- Bring the lamb to room temperature. Prepare a charcoal grill with hot coals. Scrape the marinade off the lamb, wipe the meat with paper towels, and season it generously with salt and pepper. Brush the grill with oil to keep the lamb from sticking, and grill on both sides until the internal temperature is 120 to 125 degrees for rare. This will take 40 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how hot the grill is.
- Remove the lamb to a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 20 minutes. Then slice and serve.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
- To a blender, add: the oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, thyme, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard, season with salt and pepper, to taste. Blend until thoroughly combined. Pat the lamb dry and put it on a shallow platter. Season all over with salt and pepper. Pour half of the vinaigrette over the lamb, turning the meat to get it well coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove the marinated meat from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling.
- Heat the grill (or large cast iron skillet) and oil it lightly. Remove the lamb from the marinade and grill for about 15 to 20 minutes per side for medium-rare. (Adjust the time accordingly for other degrees of doneness.) Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Toss the mache (or mixed baby greens), mint leaves, and scallions in a bowl and dress the salad with about 3 tablespoons of the reserved vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Slice the lamb into thick slices and serve with greens.
More about "grilled marinated leg of lamb recipes"
PERFECT GRILLED LEG OF LAMB (WITH ROSEMARY, …
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
- Make the marinade for the lamb leg - very finely chop the rosemary leaves, mince the garlic and press onto it with the flat side of the knife, zest the lemon. Combine all three with the olive oil, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Trim any excess fat from the leg of lamb, leaving a good fat cap on top. Score the fat cap in a diamond pattern until you just reach the meat. Apply the marinade paste all over the lamb, rub it in the scored parts. Place onto a plate, season with salt and pepper and cover*. Marinate refrigerated from 4 hours to overnight.
- Bring the leg of lamb to room temperature (about 30-40 minutes of the counter) and preheat a charcoal** grill to 325F. No need to scrape off the marinade paste - it will help form a flavorful crust.
- Place the leg of lamb directly onto the grill rack, over indirect heat, fat cap facing up. Turn it over/reposition it every 20 minutes or so to expose all surfaces to the indirect heat and the grill rack. Do so last for the side with the fat. Maintain a constant grill temperature and grill until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 135 F for medium-rare. If you'd like a section of the lamb leg to be cooked medium (as seen in the pictures) grill the meatiest side of the leg until the temperature there is 140-145F. *** Allow the lamb to rest onto a board for 10-15 minutes before you carve it. You may loosely tent it with foil to keep it warm.
YOGURT MARINATED GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE, …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- In a medium-size bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, lime juice, rosemary leaves, garlic, salt, and pepper. Place lamb into a deep baking pan; pour yogurt marinade over the lamb. Cover and refrigerate at least overnight or up to 3 days.
- Remove lamb from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature before proceeding. Scrape the marinade off the lamb, wipe the meat with paper towels, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Preheat Barbecue and brush the grill with oil to keep the lamb from sticking. Grill lamb approximately 10 to 15 minutes on each side for rare or until meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of 120 degrees F. to 130 degrees F. or desired temperature (see below).
MEDITERRANEAN GRILLED LAMB LEG WITH MINT …
Calories 815Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Make the marinade. In the bowl of a food processor, add the parsley, mint, onion garlic, spices, lemon juice and olive oil. Run processor until you have a smooth green marinade.
- Pound lamb. Place the lamb leg on a large cutting board, cover with heavy plastic wrap. Using the smooth side of a meat tenderizer or mallet like this one, pound lamb and make sure to even out any pieces that are too thick. But remember, the goal is NOT to achieve paper-thin lamb.
- Pat the lamb leg dry and sprinkle generously with salt on both sides. Place lamb in a large freezer bag and spread the marinade all over it. Zip the bag closed and work the marinade into the lamb to make sure every part of the lamb is well coated. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove lamb from fridge and let sit in room temperature for 20 minutes. (To make the lamb easier to turn on the grill you can insert a couple of metal skewers through the lamb, crosswise)
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB | RECIPE
Servings 6-8Total Time 10 minsCategory Lamb & Goat
- In a blender jar, combine the yogurt, olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic cloves and sea salt. Blend on medium speed until fully mixed, about 30 seconds. Add the minced rosemary and oregano and pulse to combine.
- Place the lamb leg in the Ziploc bag, pour the yogurt mixture over the lamb, press out any extra air and seal the bag. Turn the lamb around in the bag to make sure the marinade completely coats it.
- The next day, take the lamb out of the refrigerator and remove from the bag. Rinse off the marinade and pat the lamb leg dry. Set it aside to come to room temperature, about one hour.
PROVENçAL LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | …
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr
- Put the lamb into a 2-gallon resealable plastic bag. Add the wine, rosemary, thyme, zest, shallots, peppercorns and lavender. Seal the bag, pressing out the air. Turn to coat the lamb. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours and up to 48 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Light a grill and oil the grates. Brush the lamb with oil and season with salt. Grill over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 125° for medium-rare meat, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer the lamb to a board and let rest for 10 minutes. Thinly slice the meat against the grain and serve.
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - GRILL …
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Gradually whisk in the vinegar until mixture is mostly smooth. Allow to stand for 15 minutes to develop flavors properly.
- Whisk in apple juice concentrate, dry mustard, rosemary, Dijon mustard, and extra virgin olive oil until no lumps remain.
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB | LINDA'S ITALIAN …
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins See details »
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB | RECIPE | LAMB …
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
MARINATED ROAST LEG OF LAMB - GRILLED THEN …
5/5 See details »
LIME AND GINGER MARINATED LAMB - 500,000+ …
5/5 See details »
180 GRILLED LEG OF LAMB IDEAS IN 2021 | LAMB …
See details »
MARINATED GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE BY THE DAILY …
- Step 1: In a blender or food processor, combine 1 1/2 cups olive oil, juice of 3 lemons, 1/2 cup dry red wine, 1 large peeled and quartered onion, 6 to 8 large peeled garlic cloves, 1/4 cup Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon dried oregano, 1 tablespoon dried basil, 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 2 teaspoons kosher salt and 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper. Mix until thick and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Step 2: If the butcher has tied the leg of lamb, untie it. Lay it out fat side down on a rimmed baking sheet; using a sharp knife, slash the thickest parts of the lamb. Pour about half the marinade over the meat, and rub it in well with your hands. Turn the lamb over and pour the remaining marinade over the fat side, again rubbing it in well.
- Step 3: Fold the lamb in thirds and put it into a zip-close bag or shallow pan. Pour remaining marinade from the baking sheet over the lamb. Refrigerate 8 to 24 hours, turning the bag or flipping the lamb every 2 hours or so.
- Step 4: At grilling time, make a hot fire. Unfold the lamb and pat away the excess marinade. Discard remaining marinade. Put the lamb on the grill cut side up and cook for 9 minutes. Turn the lamb over and cook an additional 9 minutes. Transfer the lamb to a platter and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB - MAPLEWOOD ROAD
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
BUTTERFLIED AND MARINATED LEG OF LAMB - GREAT EIGHT …
- Combine the first 8 marinade ingredients in a blender. (I use the blender but a whisk could also be used.)
- Set aside a small amount of marinade (about 1/2 cup or more if you doubled the recipe) for drizzling on the lamb at serving time.
- In a large container, combine the remainder of the marinade, ginger root, and lamb and marinate the lamb for a minimum of 2 hours in the refrigerator. I usually marinate the lamb overnight. Turn the meat in the marinade at least once.
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB WITH MARINADE
Servings 8-10 See details »
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB - GRILLED HONEY MUSTARD LAMB
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB - MY RECIPE MAGIC
See details »
BEST EVER EASY BBQ LAMB RECIPES
See details »
LEG OF LAMB GRILL RECIPES
See details »
SLOW GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPES
See details »
10 BEST MARINATED RED WINE LEG OF LAMB RECIPES | …
See details »
You'll also love