- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the cream and milk to a large saucepan over medium-low heat and bring to a gentle simmer. Add the nutmeg, a big pinch of salt and some pepper. Meanwhile, slice the potatoes on a mandoline to 1/8-inch thick. Place the potatoes in the warm cream mixture and simmer gently until the potatoes are two-thirds of the way cooked and the cream has thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Place a 9-by-12-inch flameproof gratin dish on the stove over low heat. Brush the bottom and the sides with the melted butter. Spread the garlic around the bottom of the dish. Cook just long enough to toast the garlic in the butter, 3 to 4 minutes. Add a layer of the potato mixture. Combine the Gruyere and Parmesan in a bowl, then sprinkle a third of the cheese over the potatoes. Repeat the layering 2 more times, finishing with the remaining cheese. Pick the thyme leaves and sprinkle over the top, mixing with last layer of cheese. Place the gratin dish on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until bubbly and golden, 45 to 50 minutes (see Cook's Note).
In this classic gratin, thinly sliced potatoes soak up all the goodness of a milk-and-cream mixture that has been spiked with nutmeg. A sprinkling of grated Gruyere cheese on top becomes gooey in the oven. Using a mandoline creates thin slices, which helps the gratin cook more evenly.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Peel potatoes, and place in a bowl of water to prevent discoloring. Rub inside of a 9-by-12-inch oval baking dish with cut sides of garlic. Heat cream, milk, nutmeg, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat until bubbles form around edge. Season with pepper. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, slice potatoes 1/8 inch thick; transfer to a bowl. Pour warm cream mixture over top. Mix well, using your hands to separate and coat potatoes, and transfer to prepared dish. Gently push potatoes down, and pour cream mixture from bowl over top. Sprinkle with Gruyere. Bake (with a baking sheet placed on the rack below to catch drips) until potatoes are fork tender and top is bubbling and brown, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
SWEET POTATO AND GRUYERE GRATIN
This elegant and creamy take on a sweet potato gratin is elevated with a Gruyere cheese sauce made with four fresh herbs. Top with more fresh herbs before serving, if desired.
Provided by Sandy Wilson Wickberg
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Stir together cream, milk, butter, and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in parsley, thyme, sage, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange 1/2 of the sweet potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish, pour 1/2 of the cream mixture on top, and sprinkle with 1/2 of the Gruyere cheese. Repeat layers once more; cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake, uncovered, until potatoes are tender and cream and cheese mixture is bubbly and golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248 calories, Carbohydrate 24.4 g, Cholesterol 46.6 mg, Fat 14.1 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 6.7 g, SaturatedFat 8.6 g, Sodium 438 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
GRUYERE POTATOES AU GRATIN
Rich and creamy, this simple-to-fix dish will make guests think you fussed. The recipe calls for packaged hash brown potatoes so there's no peeling or cutting. -Suzan Ward, Post Falls, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the Gruyere and Parmesan cheeses., Layer half of the hash brown mixture and half of the cheese in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Repeat layers. Pour cream over top., Cover and bake at 400° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until edges begin to brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380 calories, Fat 29g fat (17g saturated fat), Cholesterol 102mg cholesterol, Sodium 450mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
POTATOES AU GRATIN
This is one of the first dishes I made in Home Economics class, but it wasn't until after I graduated that I learned about adding Parmesan and Gruyere for a more sophisticated version.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with about 1 tablespoon of the softened butter.
- Arrange a layer of potatoes in the baking dish, and sprinkle some of the cheeses over them. Continue layering potatoes and cheeses until you've used them all, ending with a layer of potatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cream with the salt and pepper; pour this over the potatoes. Dot the remaining butter over the top and sprinkle with the paprika. Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, or until the potatoes are tender and golden brown on top. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
AU GRATIN POTATOES WITH GRUYERE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel the potatoes, then use a mandolin, or sharp knife for a thin slice about to ¼ inches thick.
- Finely chop the onions.
- Spray the bottoms and sides of an 8 x 8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Alternate layers of potatoes, onions, flour, salt and pepper, starting with potatoes first and ending with flour mixture on top. You should have 3 layers.*See recipe notes
- Top with cubed butter.
- Heat the milk until just before boiling.
- Pour the milk over the layers in the baking dish.
- Top with gruyere.
- Bake covered until the potatoes are fork tender (approx 50 minutes).
- Uncover and bake until the cheese bubbles and browns. (approx 15 minutes).
- Broil for 2 minutes to get a nice golden brown top.
- Remove the dish from the oven, and let it stand for 15 - 20 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1801 kcal, Carbohydrate 171 g, Protein 73 g, Fat 94 g, SaturatedFat 56 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 284 mg, Sodium 999 mg, Fiber 17 g, Sugar 33 g, UnsaturatedFat 31 g, ServingSize 1 serving
GRUYERE POTATO GRATIN
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish with the softened butter.
- Toss the potato slices and chopped onions with salt and pepper, and spread 1/3 of the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle half of the Gruyere cheese over the potatoes, then add another layer of potatoes. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese followed by the remaining potatoes. Mix together the water and wine, and pour into dish. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until the potatoes are tender, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Once tender, remove the foil, and pour the cream evenly over the potatoes. Bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes to brown the top and thicken the cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301.6 calories, Carbohydrate 29.6 g, Cholesterol 53.1 mg, Fat 15.7 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 7.8 g, SaturatedFat 9.6 g, Sodium 85.8 mg, Sugar 3 g
POTATOES AU GRATIN WITH GRUYERE RECIPE
Add some decadence to your weeknight meal with this potatoes au gratin recipe, topped off with Gruyere cheese for extra richness.
Provided by Catherine Brookes,Tasting Table Staff
Categories side dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Slice the potatoes into thin rounds - less than ¼ inch in thickness.
- Add the milk, cream, and whole garlic cloves to a large saucepan and heat on a burner at medium until simmering, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon.
- Add the sliced potatoes to the pan and let them simmer in the garlic infused milk/cream for 5 minutes, and move the potatoes around in the pan frequently with a wooden spoon to prevent them from sticking to the bottom.
- Using a large slotted spoon, remove the potatoes from the pan and add about half of them to a large, ovenproof baking dish. Spread the potatoes out in an even layer.
- Remove the rest of the potatoes from the pan and set them aside.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the pan and pour about half of the cream mixture evenly over the top of the potatoes in the oven dish.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the potatoes, then sprinkle half of the grated cheese evenly over the top.
- Add the remaining potatoes on top in another layer, then add the cream, salt and pepper, and cheese once again.
- Bake the potatoes for 45 to 50 minutes, or until they are bubbling and golden on the top.
- Remove the dish from the oven and let it rest for several minutes, then serve, optionally sprinkled with fresh chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 473 calories, Carbohydrate 33 g carbohydrates, Cholesterol 116 mg cholesterol, Fat 33 g fat, Fiber 4 g fiber, Protein 14 g protein, SaturatedFat 20 g saturated fat, ServingSize 0 g, Sodium 660 mg, Sugar 5 g, TransFat 0 g
CREAMY POTATO-GRUYERE GRATIN
This wonderfully rich and delicious potato gratin recipe is adapted from the Chez Max restaurant in Zurich, from "The Union Square Cafe Cookbook." This is the creamiest and richest potato gratin I have ever eaten!
Provided by Grace Lynn
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly butter a 10-cup gratin dish.
- Rub the dish with both halves of the cut garlic clove.
- Combine the cream, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a bowl.
- Peel the potatoes and slice them paper-thin on a mandoline.
- As you work, place the potato slices in the bowl with the cream and seasonings.
- Add the gruyere and combine thoroughly.
- Pour the potato-cheese mixture into the prepared gratin dish, making sure the potato slices are flat and level.
- Place the gratin dish inside a roasting pan and fill the pan to three quarters full with hot water, creating a bain-marie.
- Carefully place the bain-marie in the center of the oven and bake for 2 hours, or until completely set and golden on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1068.9, Fat 89.1, SaturatedFat 54.6, Cholesterol 321.3, Sodium 968.4, Carbohydrate 42.8, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 2.1, Protein 28.2
GRUYèRE POTATO GRATIN
- Preheat oven to 400°F. and butter a 1 1/2-quart gratin or shallow baking dish.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Peel potatoes and cut into thin slices (about 1/8-inch thick). Add potatoes to boiling water and parcook 4 minutes. Drain potatoes well in a colander.
- In gratin or baking dish arrange potatoes, overlapping them, in 3 layers, sprinkling first two layers each with 1/4 cup Gruyère and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl whisk egg and add hot milk in a stream, whisking. Season mixture with salt and pepper and pour evenly over potatoes. Sprinkle potatoes with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and bake 30 minutes, or until top is golden and potatoes are tender.
POTATO GRATIN WITH GRUYERE CHEESE AND CREME FRAICHE
This recipe is originally from an issue of Bon Apetit. It's very rich and makes a great side dish for a special meal. If you have a Cuisinart, use it, it will make the recipe a snap by eliminating the tedious slicing of the potatoes. Make sure to use a high quality of Gruyere cheese, some are very oily. I use Boar's Head here at home. Also make sure to stick to the amount of cheese listed as too much will make the dish greasy - even if you do use a high quality cheese.
Provided by Crabzilla
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and generously butter a 13x9x2 glass baking dish.
- Arrange half of potato slices in bottom of prepared dish, overlapping slightly.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread half of creme fraiche over the potatoes and sprinkle with 1/2 of the Gruyere cheese.
- Top with remaining potatoes, again overlapping slightly, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread remaining creme fraiche on top, and sprinkle with remaining Gruyere cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes and then reduce oven temperature to to 350 degrees.
- Continue to bake the gratin until the potatoes are tender and the top is a nice golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let set for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and scallions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370, Fat 23.2, SaturatedFat 14.2, Cholesterol 83.4, Sodium 96.2, Carbohydrate 31.4, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 1.5, Protein 10.5
POTATO GRATIN WITH GRUYèRE AND CRèME FRAîCHE
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Generously butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Arrange half of potato slices in bottom of prepared dish, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Spread half of crème fraîche over potatoes and sprinkle with half of cheese. Top with remaining potatoes, overlapping slightly; sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Spread with remaining crème fraîche; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake gratin uncovered 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Continue to bake gratin until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Available at some supermarkets. If unavailable, heat 1 1/2 cups whipping cream to lukewarm (85°F). Remove from heat and mix in 3 tablespoons buttermilk. Cover and let stand in warm draft-free area until slightly thickened, 24 to 48 hours, depending on temperature of room. Chill until ready to use.
BAKED TOMATO, GRUYèRE & POTATO GRATIN
Layer up sliced potatoes and tomatoes with a cheesy, creamy sauce, then top with walnuts and breadcrumbs for a vegetarian bake
Provided by Sarah Cook
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Generously grease a large, deep, ovenproof dish. Strip the leaves from 3 of the thyme sprigs. Mix the gruyère with all but 2 tbsp of the grated parmesan, then mix the double cream with the stock.
- Start layering up the sliced potatoes with sprinklings of the shallots, garlic, thyme leaves, cheese and most of the walnuts, plus plenty of seasoning. Drizzle a little of the cream mixture over each layer too. When you've layered in half of those ingredients, top with half of the tomatoes. Continue layering the rest of the ingredients, finishing with the last of the cream. Top with the remaining tomatoes, then sprinkle over the breadcrumbs, the remaining parmesan and walnuts, and enough thyme to look pretty. Add a few more knobs of butter, then cover with foil.
- Bake the gratin for 1 hr 15 mins, then remove the foil and bake for a further 40 mins until golden and crispy on top, and a knife poked into the centre of the potatoes slides in easily. Leave to rest for 10-15 mins, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 622 calories, Fat 45 grams fat, SaturatedFat 24 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 34 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber
More about "gruyere potato gratin recipes"
GRUYERE POTATO GRATIN - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
POTATO GRATIN WITH GRUYERE, BACON, AND LEEKS - RECIPE
POTATO GRATIN WITH GRUYèRE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
GRUYERE POTATOES AU GRATIN - TARA TEASPOON
CRISPY PARMESAN AND GRUYERE POTATO GRATIN
POTATO GRATIN WITH GRUYERE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
POTATOES AU GRATIN WITH GRUYERE - DON'T SWEAT THE RECIPE
POTATOES AU GRATIN (DAUPHINOISE) | RECIPETIN EATS
POTATO AND GRUYERE GRATIN RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
RECIPE: LE GRUYèRE POTATO GRATIN | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
Servings 8Calories 400 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until the potatoes are softened, but not fully cooked, about 10 minutes.
POTATO GRATIN WITH GRUYERE AND GARLIC - ANNABEL LANGBEIN – RECIPES
PEAR-FENNEL GRATIN WITH THYME AND GRUYèRE - DIABETES CANADA
EASY POTATOES AU GRATIN WITH GRUYERE • HEARTBEET KITCHEN
GRUYERE AND POTATO GRATINE RECIPE | EMERIL LAGASSE | COOKING …
HAM AND GRUYèRE POTATO GRATIN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
DELICIOUS LEEK, GRUYERE AND POTATO GRATIN - CTV
GRUYERE POTATOES AU GRATIN - THE TOASTY KITCHEN
10 BEST AU GRATIN POTATOES GRUYERE CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CLASSIC POTATO GRATIN WITH GRUYERE CHEESE - JUST A LITTLE BIT OF BACON
THE BEST POTATOES AU GRATIN RECIPE WITH GRUYERE CHEESE
10 BEST AU GRATIN POTATOES GRUYERE CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
POTATOES AU GRATIN GRUYERE - WHISPER OF YUM
POTATO AND GRUYèRE GRATIN - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
POTATO GRATIN GRUYERE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
CHEESY POTATOES GRATIN RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
GRUYèRE-SPINACH POTATOES AU GRATIN RECIPE - COOKING ON THE …
POTATOES AU GRATIN GRUYERE - COOK WHAT YOU LOVE
THE BEST POTATO GRATIN RECIPE- KATHRYN'S KITCHEN
GRUYERE POTATO GRATIN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE BEST POTATO GRATIN RECIPE - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
MINI GRATIN POTATO STACKS - THERESCIPES.INFO
PEAR, GRUYERE AND POTATO GRATIN - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
FRENCH POTATO GRATIN WITH LEEKS AND GRUYERE CHEESE
GRUYERE POTATOES AU GRATIN - VERONIKA'S KITCHEN
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #side-dishes #eggs-dairy #potatoes #vegetables #easy #dinner-party #vegetarian #cheese #dietary #low-sodium #high-calcium #high-in-something #low-in-something #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Swiss Gruyere potato gratin?This traditional Swiss Gruyère potato gratin recipe is from my Grossmutter. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with softened butter. Toss potato slices and chopped onions with salt and pepper; spread 1/3 of the potato mixture into the prepared baking dish.
How to cook potatoes in a crock pot with gruyere?Directions. Toss the potato slices and chopped onions with salt and pepper, and spread 1/3 of the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle half of the Gruyere cheese over the potatoes, then add another layer of potatoes. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese followed by the remaining potatoes. Mix together the water and wine, and pour into dish.
What are Gruyere scalloped potatoes?If you love potato-styled dinner dishes then au gratin potatoes with gruyere is the perfect dish for you and your family. It has all the goods such as potatoes, cheese, and a taste of parsley. Gruyere scalloped potatoes is so delicious and your family will beg for you to make it again!
What is the best way to cook a potato gratin?Pour 1/4 cup garlic cream over. Repeat layering 2 more times with remaining potato, thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic cream. Pour remaining garlic cream over, then 1/4 cup milk. Sprinkle cheese over. Bake gratin until golden on top and potatoes are very tender, 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes. Let potato gratin rest 10 minutes before serving.