BEST GRILLED PORK CHOPS
- Mix water, soy sauce, vegetable oil, lemon pepper seasoning, and minced garlic in a deep bowl; add pork chops and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove pork chops from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook the pork chops on the preheated grill until no longer pink in the center, 5 to 6 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 379.6 calories, Carbohydrate 2.1 g, Cholesterol 124 mg, Fat 22 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 40.7 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 1254.4 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH PEPPERS AND BALSAMIC GLAZE
- For the hot and sweet pepper relish: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Toss peppers with canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven, turning once, until charred on both sides, about 25 minutes total. Remove to a bowl, cover top with plastic and let steam for 10 minutes. Remove the skin and seeds and thinly slice.
- Whisk together the balsamic, garlic, honey and parsley in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper. Add the red and yellow peppers and cherry peppers and toss to coat. Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld.
- Relish can be made up to 8 hours in advance and stored, covered in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- For the balsamic reduction: Put the vinegar in a nonreactive (such as stainless steel) pan, bring to a boil and cook until reduced to 1/2 cup. Then stir in the honey, transfer to a bowl and let cool to room temperature; it will thicken as it cools.
- For the pork chops: Whisk together the vinegar, honey, 1/4 cup oil, parsley and thyme and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pork from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling to take the chill off.
- Heat your grill to high or a cast iron grill pan over high heat. Brush the pork chops on both sides with canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill on one side until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Turn over and grill until the other side until golden brown. Brush with some of the glaze, turn, brush with more glaze and turn again until a crust forms and pork is cooked through, (it should register 145 degrees F on instant read thermometer), about 10 to 12 minutes total.
- To serve: Transfer the chops to a plate, top with some of the relish and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Garnish with parsley leaves.
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH SMOKIN' SAUCE
Growing up, my husband always had pork chops that were were pan-fried or baked, but he knew they could be better. So he combined his love of grilling with the desire to create his own signature sauce, and the result was this recipe. -Vicky Drnek, Rome, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a small saucepan, mix first nine ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reserve 1/4 cup sauce for serving., Using a mortar and pestle or spice grinder, crush seasonings with brown sugar. Rub mixture over chops., Place chops on an oiled grill over medium heat. Grill, covered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 5-6 minutes per side, brushing top with remaining sauce after turning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts :
PORK CHOPS WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER CREAM
This recipe was included in an email that I received this morning from Cooks Illustrated: This recipe cooks quickly because the sauce is prepared in the same pan used to cook the chops-and the sauce will pick up valuable flavor from the browned bits left behind by the meat.
Provided by senseicheryl
Yield 4 pork chops, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Pat chops dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add chops and cook until well browned and meat registers 145 degrees, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to serving platter and tent with foil.
- Add onion to empty skillet and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in broth, cream, roasted peppers, and sugar and simmer, scraping up any browned bits with wooden spoon, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Off heat, add any accumulated pork juices back to pan and stir in basil. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over chops. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 433.4, Fat 32.2, SaturatedFat 15.3, Cholesterol 132.5, Sodium 1246, Carbohydrate 10.3, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 3, Protein 26.2
ROASTED PORK WITH SMOKY RED PEPPER SAUCE
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Pork: Put an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub 1 tablespoon of the oil over the pork and season with salt and pepper, to taste. In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over high heat. Add the pork and brown it on all sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer the pork to a 13 by 9 by 2-inch glass baking dish and roast it until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the pork registers 165 degrees F, about 25 to 30 minutes. Allow the pork to rest for 10 minutes on a cutting board.
- Sauce: In the same skillet used for the pork, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, peppers and garlic and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring frequently until softened, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes, scraping up the brown bits that cling to the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Stir in the paprika, tomato puree and the bay leaf. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the sauce thickens, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove the bay leaf and transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Season with 2 tablespoons salt and pepper, to taste.
- Slice the pork thinly and arrange on a platter. Spoon the sauce on top, garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 457 calorie, Fat 22 grams, SaturatedFat 4.5 grams, Cholesterol 147 milligrams, Sodium 383 milligrams, Carbohydrate 11 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 49 grams, Sugar 4 grams
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH ONION AND BELL PEPPER RELISH
- To make the relish: In a straight-sided skillet, saute the onions and bell peppers in the oil until onions are translucent. Add the vinegar, sugar, and port wine, and cook at a very low heat until liquid evaporates. Onions and peppers should still be a little firm to the bite but sweet and caramelized. Set aside.
- To cook the pork: Prepare the grill for grilling chops: high heat on left side, medium heat on right side. Drizzle the chops with canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the chops on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, using a inverted baking pan to keep chops covered during cooking. Move the chops to the right side of the grill and continue cooking over medium heat. Cook 4 minutes and then turn chops over to finish cooking, keeping covered for an additional 4 minutes. Cook to 150 degrees F internal temperature.
- Serve with the relish.
PORK CHOPS WITH RED CHILE PEPPER SAUCE
- Wash pork chops and set on paper towels to dry. Roast whole jalapenos on the comal or in a cast iron skillet until all sides are toasted, approximately 10 minutes.
- Wet a small tea towel, then wrap the jalapenos in the tea towel and let them rest for 20 minutes. (This will help to soften them for peeling)
- While peppers rest, heat shortening in large cast iron skillet on medium-high.
- Cut pork chops into small and medium pieces (the sections with bone will be bigger). Season both sides of chops with kosher salt, garlic powder and crushed black pepper. Cook pork chops in skillet for about 15 to 20 minutes, periodically adding water to steam. Pork is done when chops have caramelized and water has evaporated.
- Take peppers out of tea towel and peel off skin. Cut off the ends of the peppers and place, one at a time in a food processor, and grind down with the salt and garlic. Add 1 tomato at a time (from the 2 cans of tomatoes), and grind all ingredients until sauce forms. Taste to determine if more salt is needed. Add the sauce to the pan with pork chops and simmer on low heat, uncovered, for about 10 to 15 minutes.
GRILLED PORK CHOPS AND GREENS WITH RED PEPPER SAUCE
- Preheat a grill to medium. Brush the cut sides of the light-colored half of the leek with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Grill, covered and turning occasionally, until slightly charred and tender, about 8 minutes (reduce the heat or move the leek if it gets too dark). Transfer the grilled leek to a blender along with the roasted peppers, almonds, lemon juice, sugar, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and 2 tablespoons each olive oil and water. Puree until smooth.
- Wash the collards, leaving a lot of excess water on the leaves. Transfer to a large bowl and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper and toss. Grill the collards and the dark green half of the leek, turning often, until wilted and slightly charred, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to a cutting board and tent the collards and leek with foil to steam.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Grill until well marked and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Thinly slice the collards and leek; toss together. Divide the red pepper sauce among plates and top with the greens and pork chops. Sprinkle with the chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480, Fat 32 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Cholesterol 87 milligrams, Sodium 523 milligrams, Carbohydrate 17 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 32 grams, Sugar 3 grams
More about "grilled pork chops and greens with red pepper sauce recipes"
7 TASTY GRILLED PORK CHOP RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
10 BEST BAKED CRUMBED PORK CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRILLED SOY-GINGER PORK CHOPS RECIPE — THE MOM 100
Cuisine American, Asian, JapaneseCategory Main CourseServings 4Total Time 3 hrs 30 mins
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic and stir until you can really smell everything and the garlic turns golden, about 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce, brown sugar and crushed red pepper, if using, raise the heat to medium-high and simmer until slightly reduced and syrupy, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Pour the marinade into a container or a zipper-top bag and add the pork chops. Seal the container or the bag, and place the chops in the fridge. Refrigerate for 3 to 24 hours.
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade. Grill the pork chops for about 4 minutes on each side, until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 140°. Allow them to sit for 5 minutes before serving or slicing. Top with the scallions, and serve with the lime wedges for squeezing over the chops.
PORK CHOPS WITH PEPPERCORN SAUCE - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
4.9/5 (16)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 578 per serving
- Heat olive oil and butter in an oven-proof or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Pat dry pork chops and season with salt and pepper. Scatter flour on plate and dredge pork chops lightly on both sides. Sear chops in hot skillet until lightly golden on both sides. Pop the skillet with pork chops into preheated oven and cook until pork reaches 135F, about 10-12 minutes (depending on thickness of chops). Note that this is a little undercooked because it will cook a bit further on the stove-top and a bit more as it rests, so it will get to the recommended 145F in the end.
- Remove from oven and place over medium-high heat on the stove-top. Quickly brown the chops on the stove-top, then remove to a plate to rest.
- To the hot skillet, add 1 Tbsp butter, onions and peppercorns and stir until onions are golden, about 1 minute. Add wine and cook, stirring until mostly evaporated, about 1 minute. Add broth, Dijon mustard and thyme sprigs. Reduce heat to medium and allow sauce to simmer/reduce for a few minutes. Add cream and then salt and pepper, to taste. To thicken gravy, combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Add a bit at a time to your hot gravy, stirring, until desired thickness is achieved.
SEARED PORK CHOPS WITH SPICY ROASTED PEPPER SAUCE RECIPE
Servings 4Calories 194 per servingTotal Time 12 mins
- Sprinkle pork evenly with steak seasoning. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pork with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes. Turn pork over; cook 3 minutes.
- While pork cooks, place bell peppers and next 3 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. When pork is done, remove pan from heat. Remove pork from pan; cover and keep warm.
- Add bell pepper mixture to pan; return pan to medium heat. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often. Spoon 2 tablespoons sauce onto each of 4 serving plates. Top each with a pork chop; drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon oil.
PAN-SEARED PORK CHOPS WITH GREEN PEPPERCORN SAUCE RECIPE ...
4.5/5 (3)Servings 4
- Using your fingers, strip off the leaves from the bottom 4 inches of the rosemary branches and finely chop enough leaves to make 2 tablespoons. In a large, shallow dish, mix the chopped rosemary with the minced garlic and 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Season the pork chops with salt and black pepper, add them to the rosemary marinade and turn to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Wrap 2 slices of the lardo around the edge of each pork chop and secure with a toothpick. On the side opposite the toothpick, skewer each of the chops with 2 stripped rosemary branches.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the pork chops and cook over moderately high heat until richly browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Turn the chops and cook over moderate heat until browned on the second side and just cooked through, about 4 minutes longer. Transfer the pork chops to a platter and keep warm.
- Pour off the fat in the skillet and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the crushed garlic and cook over moderately high heat until golden brown, about 1 minute. Add the wine and boil over high heat, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet, until reduced to 2 tablespoons. Add the chicken broth, grated lemon zest and crushed red pepper and boil until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat. Discard the crushed garlic and stir in the brined green peppercorns. Season with salt and black pepper. Remove the toothpicks from the pork. Spoon the sauce over the chops and serve.
PORK CHOPS IN CREAMY PEPPER SAUCE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
Servings 4Total Time 40 mins
10 BEST GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRILLED PORK CHOPS AND GREENS WITH RED PEPPER SAUCE ...
10 BEST GRILLED PORK CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST QUICK SAUCES FOR PORK CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
PAN-SEARED PORK CHOPS WITH GREEN PEPPERCORN SAUCE ... RECIPE
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH PEACH SAUCE RECIPES
GREEN PEPPER PORK CHOPS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
MANGO BLACK PEPPER GLAZED GRILLED PORK CHOPS RECIPES
PORK CHOPS IN RED SAUCE RECIPE
PORK CHOPS WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER CREAM RECIPES
PORK CHOPS IN RED SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PORK CHOPS WITH RED CHILE PEPPER SAUCE RECIPES
PORK CHOPS WITH RED SAUCE RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook pork chops on the grill?Whisk in cilantro. Prepare a gas grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-high heat. Pat pork dry and season with salt and pepper. Oil grill rack, then grill pork chops, covered, turning over once, until just cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes total. Serve drizzled with some vinaigrette, and with remainder on the side.
How to cook pork chops with peppers?Cook pork chops in skillet for about 15 to 20 minutes, periodically adding water to steam. Pork is done when chops have caramelized and water has evaporated. Take peppers out of tea towel and peel off skin. Cut off the ends of the peppers and place, one at a time in a food processor, and grind down with the salt and garlic.
How to cook pork chops in a pan with soy sauce?Directions: In a large bowl mix all soy sauce marinade ingredients together. Lightly spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In the marinade bowl, add green peppers, red peppers and onion. Spread peppers across pork chops and into 9x13 pan. Bake for 18-22 minutes.
How to cook pork chops in electric skillet?Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Sprinkle the chops with liberal amounts of salt and black pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of the EVOO in a large skillet over medium-high to high heat. When the oil begins to smoke, add the chops and brown on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side. While the chops cook, slice the garlic, onion and peppers.