STUFFED SQUID: KALAMARAKIA YEMISTA
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the rice and stir to coat with the mixture; cook for 1 minute. Add 3 cups water, tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and cook until the rice is tender and the water is completely absorbed, about 14 to 16 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir in the mint and parsley. Let cool.
- Stuff the squid with the rice mixture. Drizzle half of the remaining oil in a medium baking dish. Add the squid and drizzle with remaining oil and the tomato juice and season with salt and pepper. Bake until the squid is tender, about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 491 calorie, Fat 19 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Cholesterol 440 milligrams, Sodium 223 milligrams, Carbohydrate 45 grams, Fiber 1 grams, Protein 33 grams, Sugar 2 grams
For this recipe, the people of the Aeolian Islands use totani (flying squid). The recipe works just as well with squid found in the U.S. Since squid is often sold cleaned and in parts, be sure to get one set of tentacles per squid body to ensure that there will be enough stuffing.
Yield Makes 4 first-course servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Finely chop tentacles. Heat 1/4 cup oil in a wide 5- to 6-quart heavy pot over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté tentacles, stirring, until just cooked through, about 1 minute. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl and cool.
- Stir tomatoes into oil in pot along with basil, sea salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- While sauce simmers, stir together Pecorino, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, eggs, sautéed tentacles, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Gently stuff each squid body with a slightly rounded tablespoon of bread-crumb mixture and pat squid to distribute filling evenly. Weave a wooden pick horizontally across wide opening of each squid to seal. (During cooking, stuffing will expand and squid will shrink, forming a rounded, well-stuffed squid.)
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté squid, turning over once, until browned and any liquid given off is evaporated, about 6 minutes total. Add squid to tomato sauce and simmer, covered, turning occasionally, until squid is tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Discard picks and serve squid with sauce.
STUFFED SQUID SICILIAN-STYLE
Squid (or calamari, its Italian name) can be prepared in a variety of ways - fried, braised, grilled and roasted - and all are good. In this recipe whole squid are stuffed before roasting with a bread crumb filling that contains typical Sicilian ingredients like chard, fennel, anchovy, pecorino and pine nuts.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories dinner, lunch, finger foods, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Make the filling: Blanch the chard in boiling water for 1 minute, then drain and cool under running water. Squeeze chard completely dry and finely chop. Set aside.
- Put 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet or wide saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and fennel, season with salt and pepper, and cook until softened and lightly colored, about 10 minutes.
- Add fennel fronds, fennel seed, anchovy, garlic, oregano and red pepper. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes more.
- Turn off heat and transfer mixture to a mixing bowl. Add pine nuts, lemon zest, bread crumbs, cheese and reserved cooked chard. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Taste and correct seasoning.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Using a teaspoon, put some filling in each squid body, taking care not to overstuff. Place stuffed squid in an earthenware baking dish in one layer. Season squid on both sides with salt and pepper and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season tentacles with salt and pepper and arrange them around the edge of dish (alternatively, arrange tentacles in a separate baking dish). Drizzle tentacles lightly with oil. Spoon any remaining stuffing over tentacles.
- Roast uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, until squid bodies are puffed, sizzling and lightly browned. If desired, run pan under the broiler for more color. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges. (May also be served at room temperature.) Serve each person 3 or 4 squid, with tentacles.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 305, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 22 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 26 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 602 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams
More about "grilled squid stuffed with couscous recipes"
GRILLED SQUID WITH COUSCOUS | SO DELICIOUS
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCuisine FusionCalories 431 per serving
CHORIZO-STUFFED SQUID RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
GRILLED STUFFED PUSIT (STUFFED SQUID) RECIPE
SICILIAN-STYLE STUFFED SQUID - CAROLINE'S COOKING
10 BEST GRILLED CALAMARI RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRILLED SQUID STUFFED WITH COUSCOUS AND VEGETABLES STOCK ...
KOREAN GRILLED STUFFED SQUID - PEPPER.PH - RECIPES, TASTE ...
10 BEST STUFFED SQUID RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY GRILLED SQUID (CALAMARI) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
GRILLED STUFFED SQUID – DIANE'S FOOD BLOG
GRILLED SQUID STUFFED WITH COUSCOUS RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
GRILLED SQUID STUFFED WITH COUSCOUS RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
RECIPE FOR STUFFED CALAMARI - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
STUFFED SQUID RECIPE
GRILLED SQUID STUFFED WITH COUSCOUS RECIPE - DETAILED ...
CHORIZO STUFFED SQUID - BUSH COOKING
10 BEST STUFFED SQUID STUFFING RECIPES | YUMMLY
SQUID STUFFED WITH BEEF & CHORIZO – EAT LIKE A GIRL
THAI GRILLED STUFFED SQUID | MARION'S KITCHEN
GRILLED SQUID STUFFED WITH COUSCOUS RECIPE
GRILLED STUFFED SQUID RECIPE | PANLASANG PINOY MEATY RECIPES
RECIPE: SQUID STUFFED WITH MUSSELS, VEGETABLES AND ...
STUFFED SQUID SICILIAN STYLE WITH COUSCOUS
SPICED COUSCOUS STUFFED SQUID - HILLSTREETGROCER.COM
GARLICKY GRILLED SQUID STUFFED WITH FETA CHEESE | NOT JUST ...
COUSCOUS STUFFING FOR SQUID RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
GRILLED SICILIAN STUFFED SQUID | EMERILS.COM
GRILLED CHOURICO-STUFFED SQUID - ON THE WATER
MOROCCAN STUFFED SQUID WITH QUINOA & SHRIMP IN TOMATO ...
GRILLED STUFFED SQUIDS: AN ITALIAN RECIPE | SENSIBUS.COM
GRILLED SQUID SALAD | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
HOW TO COOK THE BEST GRILLED SQUID - EAT LIKE PINOY
COUSCOUS STEW WITH GRILLED CALAMARI AND ZHOUG RECIPE BY ...
GRILLED STUFFED SQUID RECIPE - LOOKANDCOOK
SQUID STUFFED WITH CLAMS RECIPE | FISHEX SEAFOODS
TENDER STEAM-GRILLED STUFFED SQUID - THE BURNING KITCHEN
COUSCOUS STEW WITH GRILLED CALAMARI AND ZHOUG RECIPE FROM ...
GRILLED STUFFED SQUID | 1MRECIPES
GRILLED CALAMARI STUFFED WITH SAUSAGE FOOD
CHORIZO STUFFED SQUID RECIPE IN 20 MINUTES - QUICK DINNER ...
EASY PAN GRILLED SQUID RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED SQUID STUFFED WITH COUSCOUS – RECIPES NETWORK
You'll also love