BOBBY'S RUB FOR FISH
- Combine the ancho, cinnamon, cumin, salt, brown sugar and black pepper in a bowl. Mix to blend. Transfer to an airtight container and store in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH NORTH AFRICAN SPICE RUB
- For Yogurt Sauce:
- Whisk yogurt, chopped cilantro and minced garlic in small bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
- For Spice Rub:
- Combine chopped onion, chopped garlic cloves, caraway seeds, ground coriander and cayenne pepper in bowl of processor. Process until onion and garlic are very finely chopped and past forms.
- Spread spice rub on each side of swordfish steaks, dividing equally. (Yogurt sauce and spice rub-coated fish can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate.)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Brush grill or broiler pan and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Grill or broil swordfish steaks until fish is just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer fish to plates. Top with dollop of yogurt sauce; garnish with lime wedges and serve.
GRILLED MARINATED SWORDFISH WITH FIRE ROASTED PEPPERS, ONIONS, MUSHROOMS AND HERB VINAIGRETTE
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. Use to marinate swordfish, salmon, tuna, or red snapper overnight.
- Fresh herb vinaigrette: 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves 8 large fresh basil leaves 1/2 cup extravirgin olive oil Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine the vinegar and mustard in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse briefly, then add the herbs. Pulse again until coarsely chopped. With the processor running, add the olive oil very slowly so that the mixture will emulsify into a smooth blend. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. This dressing will keep for up to 10 days in the refrigerator.
- 4 6 to 8 ounce swordfish steaks, at least 3/4 inch thick 2 large vidalia onions, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick slices 2 sweet red peppers, seeded and sliced into rings 2 sweet yellow peppers, seeded and sliced into rings 12 large shiitake mushroom caps 2 tablespoons olive oil Salt and pepper
- The night before, rub the swordfish steaks with the marinade. Cover and marinate, refrigerated, overnight. The next day, prepare an outdoor grill for cooking. Right before grilling, toss the onions, peppers and mushrooms with the olive oil, salt and pepper. When the grill is hot, grill the swordfish until it is well colored on both sides and the interior is medium (about 3 to 4 minutes per side, total).When you have added the fish to the grill, spread the vegetables along the perimeter of the grill and carefully cook the vegetables without burning. Remove the fish from the grill, plate, drizzle with vinaigrette over the fish, top with vegetables and serve.
GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH NORTH AFRICAN SPICE PASTE
- Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking with medium-hot charcoal.
- Coarsely grind chiles, spice seeds, garlic, and peppercorns in grinder or with mortar and pestle, then stir together with salt and oil in a bowl to form a spice paste. Rub paste all over chicken.
- Oil grill rack, then grill chicken, skin sides down first, over coals, turning over occasionally and moving around if flare-ups occur, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes total.
- Move chicken to area with no coals underneath, arranging chicken so that thicker sides are closest to coals, then cover with inverted roasting pan and grill, turning chicken over once, until just cooked through, 15 to 17 minutes. Transfer to a platter and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
NORTH AFRICAN DRY RUB
A spicy dry rub that is great on grilled chicken. Rub onto the chicken ( I use a whole chicken on a spit, or split chickens cooked on indirect heat on the grill) and cook using your favorite method. Can be put on chicken up to 6 hours ahead of cooking time, and refrigerated. Drizzle with some olive oil before grilling, if desired.
Provided by Outta Here
Yield 3 tablespoons, 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine all ingredients.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 46.3, Fat 1.3, SaturatedFat 0.2, Sodium 1169.9, Carbohydrate 10.6, Fiber 4.4, Sugar 1.1, Protein 1.7
GRILLED MARINATED SWORDFISH
- In a glass baking dish, combine the garlic, white wine, lemon juice, soy sauce, olive oil, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix just to blend. Place swordfish steaks into the marinade, and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning frequently.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill swordfish steaks for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 257.7 calories, Carbohydrate 5.6 g, Cholesterol 52.3 mg, Fat 12.3 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 27.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 708 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
SWEET SPICE-RUBBED SWORDFISH
- Combine spices in small bowl.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over swordfish steaks, then lightly rub it in.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high (maintain this heat throughout cooking).
- Add fish and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until fish is no longer translucent in center.
- Remove from the pan and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 252.3, Fat 10.4, SaturatedFat 2.1, Cholesterol 66.3, Sodium 444.8, Carbohydrate 3.7, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 3.2, Protein 33.8
More about "grilled swordfish with north african spice rub recipes"
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH NORTH AFRICAN SPICE …
Cuisine MoroccanCategory BBQ
COST GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH NORTH AFRICAN SPICE RUB RECIPE
GRILLED SWORDFISH RECIPES - GLOBAL SEAFOODS NORTH AMERICA
SPICE RUBBED SWORDFISH STEAKS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED SWORDFISH - DINNER AT THE ZOO
GRILLED SWORDFISH RECIPE WITH LEMON-BUTTER - SALT PEPPER SKILLET
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH NORTH AFRICAN SPICE RUB - PLAIN.RECIPES
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH NORTH AFRICAN SPICE RUB RECIPE
10 BEST GRILLED SWORDFISH SEASONING RECIPES - YUMMLY
GRILLED SPICE-RUBBED SWORDFISH WITH INDONESIAN KETJAP
GRILLED SWORDFISH RECIPE: HOW TO GRILL SWORDFISH - 2022
10 GRILLED SWORDFISH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH GREEN OLIVE TAPENADE - PINCH AND SWIRL
ASTRAY RECIPES: GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH NORTH AFRICAN SPICE RUB
GRILLED SWORDFISH RECIPE (STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIAL) - THE …
10 BEST SWORDFISH SEASONING RECIPES - YUMMLY
GRILLED SWORDFISH - CULINARY HILL
THE 40 BEST GRILLING RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
SWORDFISH WITH NORTH AFRICAN SPICE RUB RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
FISH SEASONING (GREAT ALL-ROUNDER) | RECIPETIN EATS
SWORDFISH RECIPES GRILLED DRY RUB - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BLACKENED SWORDFISH ⋆ DEB'S DAILY DISH
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH LEMON-HERB SAUCE | KITCHN
MOROCCAN SPICE RUB - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
MEDITERRANEAN GRILLED SWORDFISH - SPICE IT UP
SICILIAN GRILLED SWORDFISH RECIPE WITH SALSA VERDE
RECIPES/GRILLED-SWORDFISH-WITH-NORTH-AFRICAN-SPICE-RUB-650.JSON AT ...
EASY GRILLED SWORDFISH - SLENDER KITCHEN
SPICE-RUBBED SWORDFISH STEAKS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HOW TO GRILL SWORDFISH | SWORDFISH RECIPE | NORTH COAST SEAFOODS
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH A MEDITERRANEAN CUMIN SPICE RUB RECIPE | EAT ...
GRILLED FISH WITH SPICE RUB | REFORM JUDAISM
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH NORTH AFRICAN SPICE RUB
ROSEMARY GRILLED SWORDFISH RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED SWORDFISH RECIPE – TO-TABLE
RECETA GRILLED STEAK WITH ISRAELI - NORTH AFRICAN BBQ RUB
GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH MEDITERRANEAN CUMIN SPICE RUB
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Swordfish on the grill?Pat the swordfish steaks dry and place in a glass dish. Pour the marinade over and be sure to cover the fish with it on both sides. Set aside to marinate while you heat the grill (about 15 minutes or so)
How long to marinate Swordfish?In general, you can marinate swordfish for longer if the acid content is small, in which case you can cover and refrigerate it for 1 hour. Time needed: 23 minutes. In the small bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade, add the garlic cloves, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, coriander, cumin, paprika, kosher salt, and black pepper.
What kind of meat is Swordfish?This meaty fish is protein-rich and a great source of B12, zinc, and Omega 3. You'll find it sold in white steaks, typically about 1 inch in thickness. When buying swordfish, make sure that the reddish areas on the fish steak are actually red and not brown (if they're brown, the fish is old).
What is the best way to buy Swordfish?You'll find it sold in white steaks, typically about 1 inch in thickness. When buying swordfish, make sure that the reddish areas on the fish steak are actually red and not brown (if they're brown, the fish is old). How to cook swordfish?