GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI
Provided by Sandra Lee
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat. Brush the sliced vegetables with 1/4 cup canola oil. Season with salt and pepper and place on the grill. Cook until they have slightly charred and softened slightly, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the garlic, Italian seasoning, vinegar, remaining 1/4 cup canola oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle half of the dressing over the grilled vegetables. Stir the chopped olives into the remaining dressing.
- Cut the bread into 4 equal pieces and slice open. Spread the olive dressing evenly on 4 bottom pieces of the bread. Top with a single layer of each of the vegetables, reserving the remaining vegetables for Round 2 Recipe Ratatouille Pasta. Sprinkle the cheese over each and place the remaining 4 bread pieces on top. Place in a panini press and cook until well toasted, about 5 minutes. (Or place on a well-oiled grill pan and place a heavy hot cast-iron skillet or griddle on top of the sandwiches, and grill until the bread is well toasted, about 5 minutes per side.)
BASIC GRILLED PANINI
- Drizzle olive oil on 1 side of each bread slice. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on the other side of each slice. Pile Cheddar cheese, ham, tomato, and onion on top. Top with other bread slice, mayonnaise side down.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; spray lightly with cooking spray. Place sandwich on grill; weigh it down with a heavy pan. Cook until cheese is melted and grill marks appear, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 802.2 calories, Carbohydrate 26.7 g, Cholesterol 117.9 mg, Fat 63.2 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 32.2 g, SaturatedFat 19.9 g, Sodium 1839.8 mg, Sugar 2 g
The uniform heat of a panini press gives these vegetable sandwiches just the right crispness. But they can easily be made without a press: Heat the panini in a heavy skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium heat, and set another heavy skillet on top of them as they cook.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 8
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat grill to medium. Grill peppers, turning occasionally, until charred, about 18 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let stand for 10 minutes. Rub off skins, and remove ribs and seeds. Slice peppers into 1-inch-thick strips.
- Meanwhile, lightly brush zucchini and squashes with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill until charred and tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Spread bread slices with pesto. Top 8 slices with vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Sandwich with remaining bread.
- Heat a panini press. Lightly brush sandwiches with oil. Press until bread is golden brown and crusts are crisp, 2 to 4 minutes.
GRILLED VEGGIE PANINI
- Fire up the George.
- Mix sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Spread the bread slices with some of the sauce,about 1-2 tbsp on both slices.
- Layer with lettuce, tomato, onion, mushrooms,zucchini, olives, then havarti.
- Top with other bread slice.
- Brush sandwich with oil (I use a pastry brush).
- Place on heated George Forman Grill.
- Close top, remove when golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 769.5, Fat 40.1, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 15.3, Sodium 1584.7, Carbohydrate 90.5, Fiber 6.9, Sugar 8.5, Protein 14.4
GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI WITH BASIL PESTO
This recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. This is a tasty way to work veggies into your diet. It's pretty easy to make, loaded with flavor, and also filling!
Provided by Juenessa
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- For Panini:.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle the oil over the eggplant, zucchini, and onion slices, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, grill the eggplant, zucchini, and onions until they are tender and grill marks appear, about 4 minutes per side.
- Cool completely.
- Cut each baguette into 6 pieces.
- Working with one baguette piece at a time, slice in half and spread both sides with the pesto.
- Working with the bottom slice of the baguette, stack 2 slices of eggplant, 2 slices zucchini, 1 slice onion, 1 slice tomato, 1 slice mozzarella, and 1 slice of roasted pepper.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place top half of baguette on top and continue with remaining baguette.
- (The sandwiches can be made 4 hours ahead. Wrap well with plastic wrap and refrigerate.).
- For Basil Pesto:.
- In a blender, pulse the basil, pine nuts, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper until finely chopped.
- With the blender still running, gradually add enough oil to form a smooth and thick consistency.
- Transfer the pesto to a medium bowl and stir in 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Season the pesto with more salt and pepper, to taste.
- (The pesto can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Yields 1 cup and takes about 10 minutes to prepare.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 434.5, Fat 20.5, SaturatedFat 5.3, Cholesterol 18.6, Sodium 827, Carbohydrate 49.6, Fiber 7.2, Sugar 3.7, Protein 14.9
GRILLED VEGETABLE AND MOZZARELLA PANINI
- Whisk vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray; place vegetables in 1 layer on sheet. Brush both sides of eggplant and zucchini with vinegar mixture. Spray all vegetables with cooking spray and place under broiler, 7 to 8 minutes, turning once and coating with cooking spray. Lightly brush bottom slices of ciabatta with remaining vinegar mixture. Pile veggies, cheese and basil on 4 slices of bread. Close sandwiches; spray both sides with cooking spray. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add sandwiches. Place a second skillet on top of sandwiches and press down. Cook 4 minutes, flipping once. Serve.
More about "grilled vegetable panini recipes"
GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI (VEGETARIAN!) - CHEF SAVVY
5/5 (4)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main Course, SandwichesCalories 375 per serving
BEST GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK …
3.4/5 (5)Total Time 15 minsServings 8
GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI RECIPE | SELF
PANINI SANDWICH WITH GRILLED VEGETABLES – MELLOW MASALA
GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI - MARTIN'S FAMOUS POTATO ROLLS AND BREAD
GRILLED VEGETABLE AND CHEESE PANINI | WILLIAMS SONOMA
AOL FOOD - RECIPES, COOKING AND ENTERTAINING - AOL.COM
INDIAN GRILL RECIPES | VEGETARIAN GRILLER RECIPES
OUR 20 MOST POPULAR GRILLED VEGETABLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI – NONNAS WAY
12 VEGGIE PANINI RECIPES THAT WILL SEND YOU STRAIGHT TO …
15 BEST RECIPES FOR PANINIS AND GRILLED SANDWICHES
BEST GRILLED PANINI SANDWICHES WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES …
GRILLED CAPONATA PANINI RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI | METRO
STOVETOP GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI - LAVENDER & MACARONS
GRILLED VEGETABLE & FETA PANINI RECIPE | EATINGWELL
GRILLED VEGETABLE AND FONTINA PANINI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF CANADA SITE
GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI | CANADIAN LIVING
GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI – PANINI HAPPY®
26 EASY GRILLED SANDWICH AND PANINI RECIPES | EPICURIOUS
OUR BEST PANINI AND GRILLED SANDWICH RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI - HEALTHY SCHOOL RECIPES
GRILLED VEGETABLE ITALIAN PANINI RECIPE - WHITNEYBOND.COM
GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI RECIPE - COOKING CHANNEL
GRILLING VEGETABLES: HOW TO MAKE GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI
GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI - THE TWO BANANAS
STEAK AND GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI RECIPE
GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI - THE MEMORABLE KITCHEN
AMAZING GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI - FOUR SEASONS OF AUTUMN
GRILLED VEGETABLE AND CHEESE PANINI | WILLIAMS SONOMA
GRILLED SUMMER VEGETABLE PANINI - CULINARY GINGER
10 BEST VEGETARIAN PANINI RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRILLED VEGGIE PANINI RECIPE - LAURA IN THE KITCHEN
GRILLED VEGGIE PANINI - SUPER HEALTHY KIDS
A LIST OF GREAT PANINI RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
PANINI GRILLED VEGETABLE PLATTER WITH BALSAMIC HERB DRESSING
GRILLED VEGETABLE PANINI - CLOSET COOKING
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #preparation
You'll also love