CHICKEN & SPINACH CANNELLONI
Clearly I am not giving up carbs any time soon! This deep dish Chicken and Spinach Cannelloni is sure to be a crowd pleaser. It's a bit of time to put together but worth every single bite. Classic comfort food!
Provided by Julia Pinney
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large frying pan, add olive oil and about half of the crushed garlic. Cook for a minute before adding the peppers and onions. Cook on high heat for a few minutes until they start to brown. Then reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook for about 10 more minutes. While the onions and peppers are cooking, add in a little of the tomato juice from the can. This will ensure they soften while they cook and not burn. Add tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the liquid in the tomatoes reduces by half. This will take around 10-12 minutes. Stir as it cooks. At this point taste your sauce and see if it is bitter at all. If so, add about a teaspoon of sugar. Stir well and leave to simmer for a few more minutes. Once you have finished this, add the mixture to the blender and blend in batches until you have a smooth sauce. Flavours can be adjusted once you have made your sauce with additional herbs, salt, pepper, sugar....
- Heat the reserved skillet and add a little olive oil and remaining garlic. Add in chicken and brown for just about 3 - 5 minutes. Add the spinach and stir until it has completed wilted. Remove from heat. Add prepared sauce to the chicken and spinach mixture.
- In a medium saucepan set over medium to high heat, melt butter until sizzling. Whisk in flour until you have a paste. Gradually start whisking in your milk. Continue doing this until you have added all the milk and you have a slightly thickened sauce. Reduce heat to medium low and add most of the cheese, both kinds, reserving a little for the top. Stir really well until all the cheese has melted into the sauce. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper and add the chopped parsley. Stir and remove from heat.
- Using a spoon, fill the cannelloni tubes with the chicken spinach filling. Repeat for all tubes. Place the filled tubes in a large deep sided baking dish. Use two pans if one isn't big enough. Evenly pour over the sauce. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 350 degrees for around 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from over and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 597 kcal, Carbohydrate 61 g, Protein 36 g, Fat 22 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, Cholesterol 107 mg, Sodium 566 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 8 g
GROUND CHICKEN AND SPINACH CANNELLONI
This is a lovely recipe that I found on the net. I made changes as I saw fit. It can also be made with ground turkey.
Provided by love4culinary
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 10 Cannelloni, 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- First take out a skillet and saute ground chicken, onion and garlic.
- Using a spatula, make sure you break up the chicken making sure there are no chunks.
- Allow mixture to cook for approximately 5 minutes until it is nicely browned and remove from heat.
- Add your spinach, salt, pepper and 1/2 of your parm.
- cheese to the chicken and thoroughly combined.
- In a bowl, combine your tomato sauce with your herbs, adding additional herbs if you desire.
- Take our a baking dish and put a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place a small amount (about 1/3 cup) of your chicken mixture into your egg roll wrapper.
- You will want to make a bunched line with the mixture closer to one side of the wrapper, making sure that you are placing it lengthwise down the longer side of the wrapper.
- Fold the shorter side of the wrapper in (the side that runs lengthwise next to the mixture) completely over the mixture, and then fold over both sides of the wrapper that run the other direction.
- Then you will want to go to the end with the mixture and start folding (rolling) it tightly to make a cylinder.
- Make sure that when you come to the end of the last edge, that it is sealed tightly.
- Place the closed, filled wrappers into your baking dish and top with the remaining sauce and parm cheese.
- Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and the 1/2 cup of mozzerella cheese.
- Place your baking dish in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
CHICKEN AND SPINACH CANNELLONI
The recipe for this first course is very quick and easy: the result is very appreciated for lovers of filled pasta and for Sunday lunches.
Provided by Redazione Web
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Parboil the pasta squares in a large pot of salted boiling water; remove with a slotted spoon and spread them on a clean tea towel. Cook the spinach in a pat of bubbling butter, then chop them thoroughly along with the boneless roast chicken.
- Place the mixture into a mixing bowl and add a small ladleful of bechamel, salt, pepper, nutmeg, 2/3 cup of grated Parmigiano and mix well. Spread onto the parboiled pasta squares and roll them up to form the cannelloni.
- Place them in a baking dish on top of a layer of bechamel, then top with the remaining bechamel, grated cheese and pats of butter. Top each with a tablespoon of the passata and bake for about 20 minutes at 425°F. Serve hot.
More about "ground chicken and spinach cannelloni recipes"
SPINACH AND CHICKEN CANNELLONI | ALBERTA CHICKEN …
Servings 4-6Total Time 1 hr 10 minsEstimated Reading Time 1 min
CHICKEN AND SPINACH CANNELLONI | TASTY KITCHEN: A …
CHICKEN, SPINACH AND RICOTTA CANNELLONI RECIPE
CHICKEN AND SPINACH CANNELLONI | HADIAS LEBANESE …
SPINACH AND RICOTTA CANNELLONI - RECIPETIN EATS
SPINACH BEEF CANNELLONI (MANICOTTI) - RECIPETIN EATS
GROUND CHICKEN AND SPINACH CANNELLONI WITH ROASTED …
CHICKEN AND SPINACH CANNELLONI - THE LIVE-IN KITCHEN
CREAMY RICOTTA SPINACH & CHICKEN CANNELLONI
CREAMY BEEF AND SPINACH CANNELLONI - MINCERECIPES.INFO
CHICKEN CANNELLONI - COOKING FOR KEEPS
CREAMY RICOTTA SPINACH & CHICKEN CANNELLONI - DRINK-MILK.COM
CANNELLONI WITH CHICKEN SAUSAGE & SPINACH - WILLIAMS-SONOMA …
SPINACH, FETA AND CHICKEN CANNELLONI WITH ROSé SAUCE
CHICKEN SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE CANNELLONI - FROM A CHEF'S KITCHEN
GROUND CHICKEN AND SPINACH CANNELLONI RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
GROUND CHICKEN & SPINACH NOODLE BAKE - A PRETTY LIFE IN THE …
21 CHICKEN AND SPINACH RECIPES TO TRY FOR DINNER | ALLRECIPES
GROUND CHICKEN, SPINACH & EGG SKILLET
CANNELLONI CHICKEN SPINACH RECIPE - PHOENICIA SPECIALTY FOODS
10 BEST CHICKEN CANNELLONI RECIPES | YUMMLY
CANNELLONI WITH CHICKEN AND SPINACH RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
CHICKEN AND SPINACH MANICOTTI - GO GO GO GOURMET
CHICKEN AND SPINACH CANNELLONI ROLLS - MY ORGANIZED CHAOS
RECIPE: CHICKEN SPINACH CANNELLONI PIE, TOMATO SAUCE AND …
CHICKEN AND SPINACH CANNELLONI - BIGOVEN.COM
ONE PAN CHICKEN WITH SPINACH AND CANNELLONI BEANS
GROUND CHICKEN AND SPINACH CANNELLONI RECIPE - FOOD.COM
30 BEST GROUND CHICKEN RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
CANNELLONI WITH CHICKEN AND SPINACH | RACHAEL RAY
CHICKEN, SPINACH AND RICOTTA CANNELLONI RECIPE | BETTER HOMES …
EASY CHICKEN & SPINACH CANNELLONI RECIPE | PEPPADEW®
CANNELLONI WITH SPINACH AND GROUND MEAT RECIPE - EAT SMARTER USA
GROUND CHICKEN AND SPINACH CANNELLONI RECIPE - FOOD.COM
10 BEST GROUND CHICKEN SPINACH RECIPES | YUMMLY
ITALIAN RECIPES GROUND VEAL CANNELLONI - THERESCIPES.INFO
GROUND CHICKEN AND SPINACH CANNELLONI - CHAMPSDIET.COM
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #poultry #oven #kid-friendly #chicken #stove-top #dietary #one-dish-meal #meat #equipment
You'll also love