GRUBS AND BUGS
This recipe comes from a book called "Classroom Treats." This is a variation of "pigs in a blanket." The pretzel stick legs separate mature bugs from legless adolescent grubs.
Provided by Blue Peacock
Yield 28 grubs and bugs, 28 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease two baking sheets. Unroll dough; separate along perforated lines into 24 triangles. (Spray hands with nonstick cooking spray as necessary to prevent dough from sticking to them.).
- Cut one piece of dough with serrated knife into three smaller triangles by cutting through widest corner. Repeat with nine additional pieces of dough. Slice remaining 14 pieces of dough in half.
- For Grubs: place 1 cocktail frank on longest side of a larger triangle; fold sides over ends of franks; roll up to opposite point, pinching dough as necessary to completely cover frank.
- Place point side down on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 11 to 15 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately remove from baking sheet to wire rack; cool completely.
- For Bugs: place 1 cocktail frank on shortest side of a smaller triangle; roll to opposite point. With point facing down, poke 3 pretzel pieces into dough along each side to make legs.
- Place seam side down on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining smaller triangles. Bake for 11 to 15 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Immediately remove from baking sheet to wire rack; cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 228.7, Fat 10.6, SaturatedFat 4.1, Cholesterol 32.2, Sodium 653.6, Carbohydrate 25.5, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 1.9, Protein 7.9
Who wouldn't want to eat our cute little bugs? Quick and easy prep and undeniable kid appeal make these a must-have for the buffet at a child's party. Be prepared for the recipe requests. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 350°. Separate dough into strips. Unroll and cut eight strips in half widthwise; set remaining strips aside. Cut sausages in half widthwise. Wrap one piece of dough around each sausage, leaving the rounded end showing. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Place reserved breadsticks on baking sheet., Bake 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove bugs to a serving plate and cool 2 minutes., Insert potato sticks into baked dough to resemble legs and antennae. Decorate with ketchup and/or mustard. Serve warm. Save remaining breadsticks for another use.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211 calories, Fat 14g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 623mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 7g protein.
More about "grubs and bugs recipes"
EATING BUGS: BUG RECIPES AND INSECT RECIPES FROM CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
HOW TO KILL & CONTROL CHINCH BUGS IN THE LAWN - SCOTTS
GRUB'S UP: INSECTS ARE PACKED WITH PROTEIN, CALCIUM AND MINERALS, …
WAYS YOU CAN START COOKING WITH BUGS - MASHED
GRUB GRANOLA - BUG FARM FOODS
HOW TO DETER SLUGS AND GRUBS IN A VEGETABLE GARDEN
GRUB BEETLES IMAGES - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEST GRUB KILLER FOR LAWN [MAY 2022]: TOP 5 PICKS
EDIBLE INSECTS - HOW TO COOK WITH INSECTS - BUG FARM FOODS
BUG GRUB: HOW TO COOK EDIBLE INSECTS - MAKE:
KILLING GRUB WORMS NATURALLY - 10 HOMEMADE GRUB …
HOMEMADE GRUB WORM KILLER TIPS AND RECIPES - HELLO LIDY
HOW TO GET RID OF GRUBS | THE HOME DEPOT CANADA
EDIBLE INSECTS | DELICIOUS FOOD DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR
MORETON BAY BUGS WITH HERB AND GARLIC BUTTER - MATT MORAN
LAWN GRUBS: HOW DO I GET RID OF THEM? | THE FAMILY HANDYMAN
HOW TO COOK AND EAT GIANT GRUBS - INSTRUCTABLES
EDIBLE INSECT & BUG RECIPES | CRICKETS, MEALWORMS & MORE
WORLD BEST COCKTAIL RECIPES : GRUBS AND BUGS
HOW TO ATTRACT GRUBS AND BUGS FOR SUSTAINABLE DUCK AND CHICKEN …
HOW TO GET RID OF GRUBS - KILL GRUB WORMS NATURALLY | GARDEN …
HOW TO CONTROL LAWN GRUBS - TIPS FOR CONTROL - SCOTTS CANADA
11 NATURAL WAYS TO GET RID OF GRUBS IN GARDEN - DRE CAMPBELL FARM
HOW TO GET RID OF CHINCH BUGS AND GRUBS (4 EASY STEPS)
BUGS AND GRUBS A GOOD SURVIVAL FOOD - PREPAREDNESS ADVICE
HOW TO MAKE SUPER PREMIUM BUG GRUB! GREAT AS FEEDER FOOD …
GRUBS UP! THE CHEFS WHO LOVE COOKING WITH INSECTS - HOPPA
BUGS AND GRUBS IN THE MUD | HY-VEE
DOES DAWN DISH SOAP KILL GRUBS? [HOW IT WORKS] | CG LAWN
HOW TO GET RID OF GRUBS - TIPS FROM A PRO GARDENER
HOMEMADE GRUB KILLER FOR VEGETABLE GARDEN
WHAT IS A GRUB WORM? (AND HOW TO GET RID OF THEM)
JUNE BUG GRUB BEST RECIPES
GRUB WORM CONTROL: TIPS ON HOW TO GET RID OF LAWN GRUBS
HOW TO GET RID OF GRUBS IN LAWN: 6 EFFECTIVE WAYS + NATURAL CONTROL
GRUBS AND BUGS? - RESTAURANTS - MANHATTAN - CHOWHOUND
22 GRUBS AND BUGS IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES, RECIPES, FOOD
THE BEST COLLECTION OF BUG & INSECT RECIPES IN THE WORLD... ONE-DAY!
WHITE GRUBS - CANADA.CA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make homemade Grub killer?For this homemade grub killer recipe, combine 3 tablespoons of organic liquid soap with a gallon of water. However, you can use Dawn dish soap if you’re only using it for your lawn.
How do you get rid of grubs in the kitchen?The water and other pantry items help to deter the pests and make the concoction easier to spread over a wider area. The basic soap recipe calls for one tablespoon of Dawn liquid soap to one quart of water. Use it immediately and spray directly onto the grubs.
How do you cook your Grub?Rotate the spit to make sure that cooking is uniform. I cooked the grub until it was crisp on the outside with the inner meat remaining moist. Note: Cooking "wild game" of any sort is advisable. Cooking kills parasites/bacteria as well as aids in the breakdown of food which allows for more efficient digestion.
How to kill grub worms naturally?How to Kill Grub Worms Naturally 1. Till the Soil 2. Release Beneficial Nematodes 3. Use Milky Spore 4. Use Diatomaceous Earth 5. Use Dish Soap 6. Use Garlic 7. Homemade Garlic Grub Killer Spray