PERUVIAN LOMO SALTADO RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: vegetable oil, sirloin steak, salt, black pepper, red onion, medium tomato, garlic, aji amarillo paste, soy sauce, white vinegar, fresh cilantro, french fries, white rice
Provided by Kiano Moju
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the steak, season with salt and pepper, and cook until browned, 5-6 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the same pan, then add the red onion and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened and browned. Add the tomato, garlic, and aji amarillo paste, and cook for another 5-7 minutes, until the tomatoes have released some of their juices, but are still intact.
- Add the soy sauce and vinegar and stir to combine, let cook for 1 minute.
- Add the steak, fries, and cilantro. Toss gently to coat the fries in the sauce.
- Serve with rice, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 437 calories, Carbohydrate 26 grams, Fat 24 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 26 grams, Sugar 3 grams
- Heat a Pan. Fry the potato slices in the vegetable oil and set aside until needed.
- Cut the sirloin steak into strips or cubes. Marinate them in the cumin, salt, the 4 tablespoons of vinegar, atablespoon of olive oil, black pepper and the soy sauce for 10 minutes beforecooking.
- Bring a tablespoon of olive oil toa very high heat in the wok. Strain and remove the steak strips from the marinade, and fry them over a high heat for around 4-5 minutes or untilsealed.
- Add the onion, ají amarillo chilli pepper and the garlic paste to the wok. Fry for 1 minute whilst continuously moving the wok, and add the beef stock.
- Add the tomato and fry the ingredients in the wok for 30 seconds. Finally add the ground oregano and French fries, tossing everything together for another 10 seconds in order to integrate all the ingredients.
- Serve immediately with white rice and decorate with a few cilantro leaves. Sit back and enjoy the flavor of timeless classic of Peruvian cuisine!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 873 kcal, Carbohydrate 188 g, Protein 46 g, Fat 15 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Cholesterol 78 mg, Sodium 1150 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 3 g, ServingSize 1 serving
Provided by Food Network
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cut the steak in long pieces 1/4 by 1 1/2 to 2 inches. Season the steak with salt, pepper and garlic, to taste.
- In a deep-fryer or heavy-bottomed pot, heat enough oil to come halfway up the sides of the pot, to 350 degrees F. Add the fries and fry until golden. Remove them to paper towels to drain.
- Add 1/8 cup of vegetable oil to a medium skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot add the rib-eye. After the meat has browned add the onions and cook until they soften. Add the tomato, vinegar and the soy sauce. Pour in the beer and simmer until the vegetables are cooked through. Remove the beef mixture to a serving plate and top with the fries. Garnish with parsley and serve with white rice.
LOMO SALTADO (BEEF STIR-FRY)
Martin Morales' recipe for this traditional Peruvian dish, adapted from his book Ceviche, combines soy sauce, chilli and Pisco
Provided by Martin Morales
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Make the marinade by mixing all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the meat to the bowl and mix so that it is well covered. Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hrs, overnight if you have time.
- Drain the meat, reserving the marinade. Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat until just smoking, then add the meat - be careful, the oil might splutter. Cook as quickly as possible, tossing it until the meat is browned on all sides. Add the red onion and cook for 1 min. Add the tomato and chilli, then immediately spoon in the Pisco. Pour over the reserved marinade and chilli paste, stir well, turn off the heat and leave the meat to rest in the sauce for a couple of mins. Garnish with coriander and serve with chunky chips, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344 calories, Fat 16 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 11 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 34 grams protein, Sodium 7.1 milligram of sodium
PERUVIAN LOMO SALTADO
- Prepare the bag of French fries according to package directions.
- While the French fries are cooking, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Season the sliced meat with salt and pepper to taste. Fry the meat until just cooked, and the juices begin to release. Remove the meat from the frying pan, then cook the onions, with additional oil if needed, until they are transparent. Stir in the tomato and aji amarillo; cook until the tomato softens. Pour in the vinegar and soy sauce, add the French fries, cover, and cook until the beef is done, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 498 calories, Carbohydrate 37.8 g, Cholesterol 73.7 mg, Fat 27.3 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 26.3 g, SaturatedFat 8.2 g, Sodium 606.1 mg, Sugar 6 g
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 2-1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Add the potatoes, and sauté until browned and tender, about 15 minutes. Drain on paper towels, and set aside.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the beef, and quickly sauté until the beef is seared and browned on all sides. Add peppers, and sauté until softened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, and use a slotted spoon to transfer beef and peppers to a plate.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until the edges are seared and they begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, and stir to combine. Sprinkle the soy sauce and balsamic vinegar over the mixture, and sauté until the tomatoes have softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the beef, peppers and sautéed potatoes, and toss gently to mix well. Cover and simmer just until reheated, 2-3 minutes. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 570, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 73 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 37 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 370 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "guidos lomo saltado recipes"
LOMO SALTADO (PERUVIAN STEAK AND FRIES STIR FRY) – PLUS AJI SAUCE
BEEF TOMATO STIR-FRY (LOMO SALTADO) - PALEO FLOURISH
LOMO SALTADO RECIPES | PERU DELIGHTS
PERUVIAN LOMO SALTADO (BEEF STIR-FRY) - MEDITERRANEAN LATIN LOVE …
RECIPE: LOMO SALTADO - THE GLOBE AND MAIL
BEEF LOMO SALTADO OVER ROASTED POTATOES - MEAL KIT DELIVERY
EL POLLO INKA'S PERUVIAN LOMO SALTADO - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
LOMO SALTADO (CHINESE-PERUVIAN BEEF STIR-FRY) | PISCO TRAIL
LOMO SALTADO (PERUVIAN BEEF STIR FRY) - SKINNYTASTE
PERUVIAN LOMO SALTADO RECIPE - JOURNEY MACHU PICCHU
HOW TO MAKE LOMO SALTADO | SERIOUS EATS - YOUTUBE
LOMO SALTADO RECIPE
GUIDO'S LOMO SALTADO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LOMO SALTADO - PERUVIAN BEEF STIR-FRY AND POTATOES
LOMO SALTADO WITH AJí SAUCE – MANGO'S HOME KITCHEN
GUIDO'S LOMO SALTADO
GUIDO'S LOMO SALTADO RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
LOMO SALTADO RECIPE- CHEF'S PENCIL
VEGAN LOMO SALTADO | HEARTY & SIMPLE STEPS! - FROM MY BOWL
GUIDO'S LOMO SALTADO
GUIDO'S LOMO SALTADO - SOUTH AMERICAN RECIPES
LOMO SALTADO - IMMACULATE BITES
PERUVIAN LOMO SALTADO - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
LOMO SALTADO PERUVIAN STIR FRY | CHEW OUT LOUD
LOMO SALTADO - A CLASSIC PERUVIAN STIR FRY RECIPE YOU CAN PREPARE …
HOW TO MAKE LOMO SALTADO - VIDEO | MYRECIPES
LOMO SALTDADO (AUTHENTIC PERUVIAN RECIPE) - A COZY KITCHEN
LOMO SALTADO : RECIPES : COOKING CHANNEL RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LOMO SALTADO - CHERRY ON MY SUNDAE
LOMO SALTADO - THE SOPHISTICATED CAVEMAN
LOMO SALTADO RECIPE GASTON ACURIO - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
GUIDO'S LOMO SALTADO VIDEOS RECIPE
THE SECRET TO LOMO SALTADO! | AUTHENTIC LOMO SALTADO …
LOMO SALTADO WITH OVEN-BAKED FRIES - BAKING MISCHIEF
LOMO SALTADO RECIPE | COOKING CHANNEL
GUIDO’S LOMO SALTADO – RECIPES NETWORK
You'll also love