HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: warm water, yeast, sugar, all-purpose flour, sea salt, olive oil, deli ham, provolone cheese, olive oil, grated parmesan cheese
Provided by Camille Bergerson
Yield 8 pockets
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 450ºF (230ºC), and line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let sit for 5 minutes, or until the mixture becomes cloudy and slightly foamy.
- Add the flour, salt, and 1 tablespoon of oil to the bowl with the yeast mixture and stir until combined.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 3-5 minutes.
- Wipe the large bowl clean and lightly coat with remaining oil. Place the dough into the bowl and cover with plastic wrap and a dish towel
- Set in a warm place for 20 minutes, or until the dough has nearly doubled in size.
- Once risen, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and stretch the dough into a 12x22-inch (30x56 cm) rectangle.
- Layer the ham and provolone in the center of the rectangle, lengthwise, leaving 1-2 inches (2 ½-5 cm) on the top and bottom.
- Slice the dough in half through the center, lengthwise.
- Fold each piece's center edge towards the outer edge and pat down, creating a long roll-up.
- Slice each roll into 4-5 equal pieces. Pinch the edges closed on all the pieces and place on sheet tray.
- Brush the tops with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool, then freeze in an airtight container up to 1-2 months.
- To reheat, microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 254 calories, Carbohydrate 41 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 8 grams, Sugar 0 grams
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS
These unique sandwich pockets are filled with ingredients most kids enjoy. -Callie Myers, Rockport, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Let dough rise according to package directions. Punch down; divide into 10 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 5-in. circle., Preheat oven to 375°. Place 1 circle on a greased baking sheet; top with about 1/4 cup ham and 2 tablespoons cheese to within 1/2 in. of edge. Press filling to flatten. Combine egg yolk and water; brush edges of dough. Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Brush tops with remaining egg yolk mixture., Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 229 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 50mg cholesterol, Sodium 729mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 14g protein.
HOMEMADE HAM & CHEESE POCKETS
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a hook attachment, combine the yeast and warm water. Stir it around and let sit for 5 minutes until the mixture is foamy. If the yeast doesn't dissolve or foam, your yeast is dead. Start again with active yeast. Add flour, sugar, olive oil, and salt. Mix by hand or with the dough hook on low speed for 1 minute. Once all of the ingredients are mixed, slowly knead for 7 minutes by hand or with your dough hook on low-medium speed. If your dough is too wet, add up to 1/4 cup more flour. After kneading, your dough should be smooth and elastic. Poke it with your finger - if it slowly bounces back, your dough is ready to rise. If not, keep kneading.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in a large mixing bowl that has been greased lightly with olive oil. Turn it over to coat all sides. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm environment (about 75°F or 80°F/24°C or 27°C)* for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Once risen, punch the dough down to release the air. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Using a sharp knife, slice dough in half. Then slice each half into quarters. You'll have 8 pieces of dough, as shown in the photo above. Flatten each piece with your fingers or use a rolling pin. You want each piece of flattened dough to be about 6 inches long and 4 inches wide. They don't have to be perfect rectangles, as you can see in my photos! Transfer flattened dough to the baking sheets. Place the cheese (I fold the slice in half) and ham (2 slices for each) on top of the dough on one side, then fold the other side over top. Pinch the edges to seal as best you can. Use a fork to crimp the edges. Brush the tops and sides of each pocket with egg wash, then slice 2-3 slits in the tops for air vents (use a super sharp knife to do that).
- Bake the pockets for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Make sure to rotate the baking sheet once or twice during bake time. Remove pockets from the oven and allow to cool on the pan until ready to handle and serve.
CHEESY HAM & EGG HAND PIES
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 6 pies
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add the butter to a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Beat 6 of the eggs together in a bowl. When the butter has melted, add the beaten eggs and the chives to the skillet, then a pinch of salt and pepper. Scramble the eggs until cooked through, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and add to a bowl to cool slightly.
- Add the ham, mozzarella and Cheddar to the eggs and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Make an egg wash with the remaining egg and a splash of cold water in a small bowl.
- Lay out the sheets of puff pastry and cut into twelve 3-by-5-inch rectangles. Divide the egg mix among six of the puff pastry rectangles, leaving borders empty around the edges. Brush the borders with the egg wash and top each with another puff pastry rectangle. Using a fork, crimp the edges to seal. Transfer to the lined baking sheet. Brush the tops with the egg wash and sprinkle with the poppy seeds. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
HAM AND CHEESE BREAKFAST POCKETS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: white bread, ham, cheddar cheese, unsalted butter, garlic, large eggs, salt, pepper, fresh chive
Provided by Alix Traeger
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Lay out the bread on a work surface and use a glass or a rolling pin to flatten.
- Place a circle of ham in the middle of 4 slices of bread. Top with one circle of cheddar and another slice of ham.
- Place the remaining slices of bread on top and, using the lid of a mason jar or a cookie cutter, press down to create 4 pockets. Make sure the seams are closed, pinching to seal if necessary. Reserve the bread with the circle cut-outs.
- Place the pockets on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter and garlic. Brush the pockets with garlic butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until toasted.
- Place the reserved bread on a baking sheet and brush with the remaining garlic butter.
- Crack 1 egg into each circle, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until the yolk is cooked to your preference.
- Serve the egg bread with the ham and cheese pockets and sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188 calories, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 10 grams, Sugar 0 grams
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS
Home Made Hot Pockets! I used to make these for my (now grown) boys - they were great for after school snacks and school lunches. I now make them for my stepdaughter, who loves them just as much. These freeze great! My boys used to come home from school or sports activities and get them right from the freezer and pop them in the microwave for snacks. (They still do..when they can get them!) I frequently double the recipe - I can never seem to have enough on hand. Please note there is no measurement for the ham - use about 1/4 cup ham and one piece of sliced cheese, chopped per pocket. Really, any meat &/or cheese will work - mix and match to your taste!!!
Provided by Nursebarb
Yield 1 pocket, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Don't foget to allow time for the dough to thaw out!
- Divide thawed dough into 12 pieces.
- On floured surface, roll each piece into 5 or 6 inch circle.
- Place 1/4 cup ham and one piece of cheese, chopped on each circle.
- Fold dough over filling and seal edges.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. After 10 minutes, check pockets - remove when they begin to brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 128, Fat 7.6, SaturatedFat 4.1, Cholesterol 49.4, Sodium 741.8, Carbohydrate 1.8, Protein 12.5
CHEESE AND HAM POCKETS
Kids really seem to like this and even the little ones can make it themselves. Adults may find this rather plain and need to spice it up. Serve with hot tomato soup ;)
Provided by Holiday1234
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Separate the biscuits and flatten them.
- They should be fairly thin.
- Add ham and cheese.
- Close and seal.
- Bake 350F degrees about 7-10 minutes- until brown.
More about "ham cheese pockets recipes"
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS | DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER
5/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 8
- Cut each pastry sheet into fourths and roll each square slightly thinner so there is room for the meat and cheese.
- Add 3 slices of ham, 1 slice of cheese (folded in half), and a squirt of mustard (smeared) to half of each square. Then brush a whisked egg on the edges of the half of the square with meat and cheese, so you can fold over the top and seal the edges.
- Fold over the top half of the dough and pinch the edges or crimp them with a fork to seal the dough together. Place pockets on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet. Cut a few slits on top of each pocket with a knife for ventilation, and then brush the tops with the whisked egg.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 25 minutes. Make sure you peek underneath the pockets to check that the puff pastry is brown, and not doughy. The dough should rise and get flakey. The time will depend on how juicy the ham is and if it leaks out of the pocket while baking. Serve hot.
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS - JO COOKS
4.8/5 (23)Total Time 1 hrCategory Main CourseCalories 497 per serving
- In a small bowl mix the yeast, sugar and water together and let the yeast rest for about 10 minutes, until it dissolves and starts bubbling up.
- In the bowl of your mixer add the flour, salt, butter, eggs and yeast mixture and mix for about 5 minutes. Dough should be soft, but not sticky. If dough is sticky add a bit more flour and continue mixing until it comes clean from the sides of the bowl. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size in a warm place. It should take about an hour.
- Roll out the dough so that it's about 14 inches by 18 inches and about 1/4 inch in thickness. On half of the dough sprinkle all the cheddar cheese. Lay the ham slices over the cheese. Fold the dough over the filling and if you want you can pinch the ends together, but not really necessary.
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS RECIPE | THE GRACIOUS WIFE
HOMEMADE HAM & CHEESE POCKETS RECIPE | FOODAL
HOMEMADE HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS | RED STAR® YEAST
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS – HOT POCKETS MIMIC THAT’S …
CLASSIC HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS / JILL SILVERMAN HOUGH
BIG & CHEESY HAM POCKETS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
HAM EGG AND CHEESE POCKETS - DAMN DELICIOUS
CHEESY HAM POCKETS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
NO WASHING UP HAM, EGG & CHEESE POCKETS
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS - POCKET CHANGE GOURMET
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS - THE FINER THINGS IN LIFE
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS RECIPE — EATWELL101
HOW TO MAKE A HOMEMADE HAM AND CHEESE HOT POCKET
AIR FRYER HAM & CHEESE POCKETS (HOT POCKET COPYCAT RECIPE)
5-INGREDIENT KETO HAM & CHEESE POCKETS | KETODIET BLOG
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
HAM & CHEESE BREAKFAST POCKETS - TIPHERO
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
PUFF PASTRY HAM AND CHEESE HOT POCKETS - MY RECIPE MAGIC
HOMEMADE HAM AND CHEESE HOT POCKETS - THE FROZEN BISCUIT
HAM AND CHEESE PUFF PASTRY POCKETS | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
HAM & CHEESE POCKETS - TORTILLA WRAP RECIPE - OLD EL PASO
HOMEMADE HAM & CHEESE HOT POCKETS (FREEZER-FRIENDLY!)
HAM AND CHEESE PUFF PASTRY POCKETS- THE BOSSY KITCHEN
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS - THE BITTER SIDE OF SWEET
BROCCOLI HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS RECIPE - SERENA BAKES SIMPLY …
3-INGREDIENT CHEESY HAM PUFF PASTRY POCKETS: 20-MINUTE HAND PIES
HAM & CHEESE LUNCH POCKETS ⋆ SUGAR, SPICE AND GLITTER
HOMEMADE HAM & CHEESE POCKETS RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
HOMEMADE HAM AND CHEESE HOT POCKETS | A MIND "FULL" MOM
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS …
CHEESE HAM POCKETS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS - BEST BREAKFAST OR BRUNCH RECIPE
EASY HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS RECIPE - MENUPLANS.COM MAKING …
PILLSBURY HAM & CHEESE POCKETS - DESOCIO IN THE KITCHEN
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS - SIMPLY TODAY LIFE
PUFF PASTRY HAM AND CHEESE HOT POCKETS - THE SEASONED MOM
HOMEMADE HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS - GRACEFUL LITTLE HONEY BEE
A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE: HAM AND CHEESE HOT POCKETS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make the perfect Ham and cheese sandwich?Place one circle on a greased baking sheet; top with about 1/4 cup ham and 2 tablespoons cheese to within 1/2 in. of edge. Press filling to flatten. Combine egg yolk and water; brush edges of dough. Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Brush tops with remaining egg yolk mixture.
How long to bake a ham and cheese ham in oven?Repeat with the second can of dough. Top half of each rectangle with ham and cheese, evenly distributing it among the eight pieces. Fold the dough over the top of the filling and press the edges to seal. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 12-13 minutes. Serve immediately. Cooking By the Numbers…
How do you freeze cooked ham and cheese pockets?These ham and cheese pockets freeze well. Simply wrap then in aluminum foil or parchment paper then place them in large freezer bags. To reheat, pot them directly in the microwave for a minute or until heated through (aluminum foil removed).
How to cook Ham and cheese pizza dough?Preheat oven to 375°. Place 1 circle on a greased baking sheet; top with about 1/4 cup ham and 2 tablespoons cheese to within 1/2 in. of edge. Press filling to flatten. Combine egg yolk and water; brush edges of dough. Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.