CHEF JOHN'S HAMBURGER HASH
Move over corned beef, because there's a new hash in town! If you like hash, you are going to love this version made with ground beef instead of corned. Making a hash is basically a 3-step process: frying your meat and potatoes, adding onions and mushrooms, and then adding quick-cooking vegetables like peppers. But take a look in the fridge and use any ingredients you'd like because in the game of hash, whoever has the most ingredients wins! Top with a cayenne-dusted poached egg and green onions if you'd like.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cut a 1/4-inch slice off the bottom each potato so it sits flat on a cutting board. Cut some more 1/4-inch slices straight down and then cut potatoes into sticks. Turn sticks and cut across to create a uniform dice. Transfer to a bowl of cold water.
- Combine butter and olive oil in a skillet over high heat until butter melts. Add ground beef and cook, breaking up with a flat-edge utensil, until crumbly, about 5 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and add to the beef with a nice pinch of salt. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes just start to soften, 5 to 7 minutes. Smooth mixture in the skillet and press against the bottom of the pan to help everything get nice and crusty.
- Stir in onions and mushrooms and add another pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions and mushrooms have softened up and taken on some beautiful color, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with black pepper, cayenne, and rosemary.
- Add bell pepper, poblano pepper, and another pinch of salt. Cook until peppers are tender and the rest of the ingredients are dark and crispy, about 5 more minutes.
- Stir in green onions and cook for a few more minutes. Remove from the heat and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 500.6 calories, Carbohydrate 39.7 g, Cholesterol 77.3 mg, Fat 27.7 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 24.1 g, SaturatedFat 9.8 g, Sodium 102.4 mg, Sugar 4 g
Hamburger Hash, with it one skillet prep, combines seasoned potatoes, veggies, & hamburger topped with cheese for a simple toss together, yet filling meal!
Provided by Kathleen
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes. Place cubed potatoes in a bowl of cold water, swishing them around to remove starch. Drain in a colander and rinse. Spread potatoes out paper towels and pat dry.
- Add oil to a cast iron skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and cook, stirring as needed, until the potatoes are fork tender and browned on most sides.
- Sprinkle potatoes with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Stir in the onions, red bell pepper and garlic to the skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring until golden brown.
- Stir in the beef, chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and cook, breaking up any clump, until brown, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the potatoes back to the skillet and mix in. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top of the skillet.
- Place skillet under preheated broiler until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 /4 of the recipe, Calories 517 kcal, Carbohydrate 25 g, Protein 23 g, Fat 36 g, SaturatedFat 21 g, Cholesterol 84 mg, Sodium 313 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 3 g
Quick, inexpensive one dish meal. Note: Leftover roast beef may be substituted for the ground beef.
Provided by RHONDA_M
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Brown beef and onion in a large saucepan until meat is no longer pink. Add potatoes, bouillon and water to cover.
- Cover saucepan, lower heat and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and water has been absorbed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357.7 calories, Carbohydrate 24.7 g, Cholesterol 78.4 mg, Fat 16.3 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 27 g, SaturatedFat 6.4 g, Sodium 734.9 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Line a plate with a paper towel and set aside. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the bacon, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the bacon to the lined plate with a slotted spoon or spatula.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of grease from the skillet, reserving the remaining grease. Fry the eggs in the bacon fat for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a plate and cover with a paper towel to keep warm.
- Add 1 more tablespoon bacon grease and turn up the heat to high. Add the sweet potatoes, parsnips, Brussels sprouts, onion, garlic and some salt and pepper, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes. Deglaze the pan with 1/4 cup of water, then put the lid on and steam for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place fried eggs on top of hash and sprinkle over the bacon, diced tomatoes, goat cheese, parsley and basil.
This was me and my dads favorite. We had it when Mom was not home. Just pick your veg. and eat. Fast and Easy. Kids do not forget the ketchup.
Provided by Braunda
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cook and crumble hamburger.
- Drain any fat.
- Put back in the pan.
- Add potatoes.
- Add onions and seasonings.
- You may have to add a bit of water.
- Cook on low till the potatoes are tender.
HAMBURGER HASH SKILLET SUPPER
Dress up easy beef and potato hash with a bit of cream, tomatoes, and every smart cook's standby, Worcestershire sauce.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook ground beef, potatoes and red onion over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until beef is thoroughly cooked and potatoes are tender, stirring frequently. Drain well.
- In medium bowl, combine cream, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt and pepper; blend well. Stir into beef mixture. Cook an additional 2 to 5 minutes or until mixture is bubbly around edges, stirring frequently. Gently stir in tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350, Carbohydrate 27 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 20 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 1/3 Cups, Sodium 660 mg, Sugar 4 g
Traditional hash recipes call for potatoes, but this version uses rice with terrific results. Busy folks like this recipe's short ingredient list and quick preparation time.-Rose Marie Shebetka, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add soup, water and rice; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts :
CHINESE HAMBURGER HASH
This is a recipe my Mom made when I was growing up and which my family enjoys now. It is quick to make and by throwing together a salad you have a full meal.
Provided by Cook Lace
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large skillet brown hamburger. Remove hamburger to a plate with paper towels to remove most of grease.
- In same pan saute onions and celery until onions become transparent. Return Hamburger to pan.
- Add soups and water to pan.
- Stir in Uncooked rice, soy sauce and pepper.
- Put in greased 8x11 covered casserole.
- Bake 1 hour at 350. Uncover and sprinkle Chow Mein Noodles over top and finish baking 15 minute
- Note: Can us 1 1/4 Cup Minute Rice But shorten cooking time to 30 to 40 minute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 484, Fat 25.7, SaturatedFat 7.5, Cholesterol 80.2, Sodium 1538, Carbohydrate 32.8, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 3.1, Protein 29.5
HAMBURGER HASH BROWNS
Our three young children keep me very busy. So I need dishes that are quick to cook and, most importantly, that the kids will eagerly eat. This recipe meets those criteria.-Lois Oligmueller, West Point, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a bowl, combine hash browns, oil and pepper. Press onto the bottom and 1 in up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in gravy mix and water. Add vegetables and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and half of the onions. Spoon into the potato shell. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onions. Bake 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts :
CHEESY HAMBURGER HASH
Dinner ready in 20 minutes! Enjoy cheesy beef and potato skillet- a hearty meal.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Remove beef and drippings from skillet.
- Melt butter in same skillet. Add potatoes. Cover and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until almost tender. Stir in beef, tomatoes and pizza seasoning. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Cover and heat until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490, Carbohydrate 31 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 4 g, Protein 34 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 470 mg, Sugar 5 g, TransFat 1 g
More about "hamburger hash recipe 435"
OLD-SCHOOL HAMBURGER HASH - THE COUNTRY COOK
5/5 (16)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main Course, Side DishCalories 184 per serving
SLOW COOKER HAMBURGER HASH - THE MAGICAL SLOW COOKER
GROUND BEEF POTATO HASH - BUSY COOKS
10 BEST HAMBURGER HASH GROUND BEEF RECIPES - YUMMLY
HAMBURGER HASH SUPREME - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
10 BEST GROUND BEEF HASH RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEEF HASH RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
25 INSANELY DELICIOUS BREAKFAST HASH RECIPES
HAMBURGER HASH | RECIPES WE LOVE
HAMBURGER HASH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SLOW COOKER HAMBURGER HASH - THE LAZY SLOW COOKER
EASY MISSOURI HAMBURGER HASH - COPYKAT RECIPES
HAMBURGER HASH RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
BREAKFAST HASH - COOKING CLASSY
HAMBURGER HASH - MAMASUESSOUTHERNKITCHEN.COM
HAMBURGER HASH 5 INGREDIENTS | SOUTHERN SASSY MAMA - YOUTUBE
HAMBURGER HASH "GROUND BEEF,... - VICKI'S CANNING WORLD | FACEBOOK
CLASSIC HAMBURGER HASH - HAPPY HOMESCHOOL NEST
25 EASY HAMBURGER MEAT RECIPES (BEST GROUND BEEF RECIPES)
HAMBURGER HASH - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
19 RECIPES FOR HAMBURGER MEAT - FAST AND FUN MEALS
RECIPE – HAMBURGER HASH WITH STEAMED VEGETABLES - DAMIEN …
21 GROUND BEEF HASH RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
HAMBURGER HASH - PRINCESS PINKY GIRL
HAMBURGER HASH BROWN CASSEROLE | CHEESY GROUND BEEF RECIPE
EASY HASH RECIPE | HASH MADE WITH HAMBURGET AND POTATOES
HAMBURGER HASH - PINTEREST
HAMBURGER HASH - COUNTRY AT HEART RECIPES
HAMBURGER HASH | RECIPE | BEEF RECIPES EASY, HAMBURGER HASH
HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE BUDGET FRIENDLY HAMBURGER HASH - NEW
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love