HAVARTI TUNA MELT
Break out the broiler to give this open-face Havarti Tuna Melt its top layer of gooey, melty cheese. Dried cranberries and dill weed add extra flavor.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat broiler.
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Cover each bread slice with 1 tomato slice, half the tuna mixture and 1 cheese slice. Place on rack of broiler pan.
- Broil 2 min. or until tuna mixture is heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280, Fat 15 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Sodium 600 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 21 g
ULTIMATE TUNA MELTS
- In a medium bowl, flake the tuna finely with a fork. Add the celery, scallions, and dill, and continue mixing and fluffing with the fork until combined. Add the lemon juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Combine the mayonnaise and anchovy paste, if using, and mix into the tuna.
- Preheat the broiler. Toast the bread in a toaster and place the slices in a single layer on a sheet pan. Spread a quarter of the tuna mixture thickly and evenly on each piece of bread, covering the entire slice. Sprinkle the cheese evenly on the 4 sandwiches, covering the tuna completely. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, just until the cheese melts and starts to brown. (Watch it carefully!) Sprinkle with the microgreens and serve hot.
- Preheat the broiler and set the rack about 4 to 5 inches from the heat source.
- Spread the bread out on a baking sheet and toast. Spread the toasted muffins or bread with the mayonnaise, if using. Top with the Tuna Salad and then the shredded cheese. Place the baking sheet under the broiler and heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
- In a small mixing bowl break up the tuna with a fork. Toss with the celery, onion, and parsley. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, and season with pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Add lemon juice, if using.
HOW TO MAKE A TUNA MELT
This is dedicated to all those chefs who tell you to never, ever mix fish and cheese together; and yet there they are, at the diner at 2:00 in the morning. And you know what they eat? Tuna melts. And the reason they do is because it is delicious.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place tuna into a mixing bowl and lightly break apart with a fork. Add green onion, celery, capers, chile paste, and mayonnaise. Pinch small pieces from mozzarella cheese into the tuna salad and stir to mix. Season with salt and black pepper; refrigerate tuna salad until needed.
- Heat oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread butter generously on both sides of French bread slices.
- Broil buttered bread until golden brown on top, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip bread slices and broil other side until toasted, 2 to 3 more minutes. Remove from oven and turn bread slices over on the baking sheet so the darkest sides are on the bottom.
- Gently spread tuna salad onto bread slices using 2 forks. Press the salad onto the bread and spread tuna all the way to the edges of the bread. Spread shredded sharp Cheddar over each sandwich. Dust tops with cayenne pepper.
- Place sandwiches under broiler and cook until cheese is melted and bubbling, 5 to 6 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 593.5 calories, Carbohydrate 22.9 g, Cholesterol 81.6 mg, Fat 39.5 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 36.4 g, SaturatedFat 16.4 g, Sodium 918.2 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
TUNA MELT RECIPE BY TASTY
Cozy up with Tasty's take on a classic tuna melt. Oil-packed tuna stays moist and succulent, while celery and sweet pickle relish provide a tangy crunch. Don't skimp on the cheese for the ultimate melty sandwich.
Provided by Tasty
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a medium bowl, mix together the tuna, mayonnaise, celery, pickle relish, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- On a cutting board, butter one side of each slice of bread. Flip the bread over so it is buttered-side down. Divide the tuna mixture between 2 slices of bread. Top with the cheddar cheese, then place the other slices of bread on top, buttered-side out.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Place the sandwiches in the pan and cook, without moving, for about 2 minutes, until golden brown. Carefully flip the sandwiches over and continue to cook until the other side is golden brown and the cheese has melted, 2 minutes more.
- Transfer the tuna melts to a cutting board and cut in half. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 649 calories, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 47 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 44 grams, Sugar 2 grams
CHEESY TUNA MELTS
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a bowl, mix together tuna, celery, mayonnaise and salt. Spread tuna mixture onto the toasted muffin halves and place them on a baking sheet. Top each half with a slice of tomato and a slice of cheese.
- Broil until cheese is melted, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227.8 calories, Carbohydrate 14.6 g, Cholesterol 35.8 mg, Fat 12.8 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 13.6 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 399.3 mg, Sugar 1 g
More about "havarti tuna melt recipes"
TUNA HAVARTI MELTS - CTV
Servings 2Total Time 15 minsCategory Lunch
- Preheat broiler. Stir together tuna, mayonnaise, green onions, celery, pickles, parsley, mustard, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place bun halves on foil-lined baking sheet. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted; spread with butter.
- Top with tuna mixture, tomato slice, avocado and cheese slice. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
MARTHA STEWART'S TUNA MELT - LYNN'S KITCHEN ADVENTURES
CATCH A TUNA & HAVARTI CHEESE CUT OUT | CANADIAN GOODNESS
AVOCADO TUNA MELT - AN EASY HEALTHY SANDWICH IN 10 MINUTES.
BAGUETTE TUNA MELTS | CANADIAN LIVING
EASY TUNA MELT - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
TUNA HAVARTI MELT | RECIPES | CRACKER BARREL
SPICY JALAPEñO CHEDDAR TUNA MELT | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
HAVARTI TUNA MELT - PESCATARIAN RECIPES
HAVARTI TUNA SANDWICH - SWAHILI DELICACIES
15 TUNA MELT RECIPES - THE WEARY CHEF
THE BEST TUNA MELT RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
10 MELTY HAVARTI CHEESE RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
TUNA MELT RECIPE - TORNADOUGH ALLI
HAVARTI TUNA MELT WITH SLICED TOMATO RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
BEST TUNA MELT SANDWICH RECIPE & HOW TO MAKE TUNA MELT
MEDITERRANEAN TUNA MELT RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT TUNA MELT | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN TUNA MELT - THE HARVEST KITCHEN
TUNA MELT SANDWICH WITH HAVARTI CHEESE RECIPE! - YOUTUBE
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST TUNA MELT - EAT LIKE PINOY
TUNA MELT RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
HAVARTI CHEESE RECIPES - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
CHEESY TUNA MELT RECIPE | GIRL HEART FOOD®
TUNA MELT - KING'S HAWAIIAN
CLASSIC TUNA MELT – A COUPLE COOKS
HAVARTI TUNA MELT - MY FOOD AND FAMILY | TUNA MELTS, FOOD, RECIPES
23 DELICIOUS CANNED TUNA RECIPES THAT WILL SURPRISE YOU
CHEESY TUNA MELT CAKES - CULINARY GINGER
CLASSIC TUNA MELT - THE COUNTRY COOK
HAVARTI TUNA MELT - PLAIN.RECIPES
SALMON SALAD MELTS WITH HAVARTI - THE SCRAMBLE
TUNA HAVARTI MELT | RECIPES | CRACKER BARREL | MELT RECIPE, DELICIOUS ...
TUNA MELT RECIPE WITH TOMATO RELISH - I AM HOMESTEADER
TUNA MELTS - VALERIE BERTINELLI
SHEET PAN TUNA MELTS - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
TUNA HAVARTI MELT | DELICIOUS SANDWICHES, RECIPES, MELT RECIPE
PORTOBELLA TUNA MELT | SAVORY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is a tuna melt recipe?This classic tuna melt recipe is an easy, affordable and satisfying lunch or dinner that's ready for the table in less than 30 minutes! Prepare tuna salad by stirring together tuna, celery, mayonnaise, pickle relish, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Arrange bread or English muffins on a rimmed baking sheet.
How do you reheat a tuna sandwich?It's important to note that the bread will likely get soggy as the sandwich sits, so it's best when enjoyed right away. If you'd like to reheat the tuna melt, place it in a 350 degree F oven for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is gooey and the tuna salad is warmed through.
How do you make tuna salad with celery pickles?Prepare tuna salad by stirring together tuna, celery, mayonnaise, pickle relish, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Arrange bread or English muffins on a rimmed baking sheet. Place about 6-inches from the broiler and toast until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
What kind of cheese do you use for tuna melts?I grew up with either sharp cheddar or American cheeses on my tuna melts, but you can certainly substitute with almost any cheese that you have on hand. You can even mix-and-match two different cheeses for an extra-melty, extra-gooey, extra-cheesy experience.